Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] (1034 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Bible Verses And Quotes To Encourage You In Trying Times / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by thesilentman(m): 9:18am On Sep 20, 2020
Indeed,there is no point in trying to make heaven.
This life-everything as it is,is exactly the way the almighty God wanted it to be.
I heared talks on destiny-on how God has planned everything that a man will become even before he was concieved.
Heaven is not worth the troubles.
I reckon that people should just live their lives the way they want and bother less about their final destination.
Heaven and hell is the biggest scam of this millenium.
You can argue till you are red in the face.
I'm enlightened already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by TheSourcerer: 9:21am On Sep 20, 2020
God already has a place for you? Lol think again
Of there's a flood now he didn't even have a place for you to rest the night talk less of taking care of you in the afterlife .

1 Like

Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by TheSourcerer: 9:23am On Sep 20, 2020
thesilentman:
This life-everything as it is,is exactly the way the almighty God wanted it to be.
I heared talks on destiny-on how God has planned everything that a man will become even before he was concieved.
I reckon that people should just live their lives the way they want and bother less about their final destination.
I'm enlightened already.

If he has planned everything , doesn't that go against freewill he supposedly gave us?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by thesilentman(m): 9:24am On Sep 20, 2020
TheSourcerer:
God already has a place for you? Lol think again
Of there's a flood now he didn't even have a place for you to rest the night talk less of taking care of you in the afterlife .
You talk loads of gibberish.
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by thesilentman(m): 9:27am On Sep 20, 2020
TheSourcerer:

If he has planned everything , doesn't that go against freewill he supposedly gave us?
That freewill concept is a subtle scam.How many times have things gone exactly the way you wanted it to go?Particularly good things.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by TheSourcerer: 9:29am On Sep 20, 2020
thesilentman:

You talk loads of gibberish.
I am literally supporting your words .
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by thesilentman(m): 9:37am On Sep 20, 2020
TheSourcerer:
I am literally supporting your words .
What the heck! sorry i guess was rather too pent-up to digest your post.
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by nnanna69(m): 9:42am On Sep 20, 2020
But some OP na atheist.
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by midolian(m): 9:50am On Sep 20, 2020
thesilentman:

That freewill concept is a subtle scam.How many times have things gone exactly the way you wanted it to go?Particularly good things.
I just imagined things going the way everyone wants. Then no one would die! everyone would be rich! No fatigue headache or anything wld touch us! .....That can't be the life of this world. That's heaven.

You are always entitled to your own opinion. I am not arguing with you pls.

1 Like

Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by ggirl4real: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2020
If God wants me to make heaven (if there's any), He can and will include my name in the list. He is powerful enough to do that.

However, if God chooses to send me to hell fire (if there's any) because I'm an unbeliever despite living a morally upright life, then who I'm I to challenge the All-Powerful God?
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by xproducer: 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2020
"Let God be true but every man a liar..." - Romans 3:4

With regard to hell, the Lord JESUS Himself said "So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just, and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 13: 49-50

A defeatist mentality (i.e. "a person who expects or is excessively ready to accept failure." ) is not helpful, rather, hope in the mercy of GOD while it is still today! "The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, Slow to anger and great in mercy." - Psalm 145:8

"Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near." - Isaiah 55:6, Also 1 Chronicles 28:9

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise." - Psalm 51:17
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Xmuslim: 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
thesilentman:
n.
I'm enlightened already.

I have never seen any scam greater than the concept of hell and heaven (especially Islamic heaven brothel)

2 Likes

Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Xmuslim: 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
If God wants me to make heaven (if there's any), He can and will include my name in the list. He is powerful enough to do that.

However, if God chooses to send me to hell fire (if there's any) because I'm an unbeliever despite living a morally upright life, then who I'm I to challenge the All-Powerful God?
perfectly said
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Xmuslim: 7:08pm On Sep 20, 2020
thesilentman:

I'm enlightened already.
a truly enlightened soul can never go back to religion.
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by sinkhole: 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
Many things confuse me in this world, most importantly religion!
I am associated with Christianity but it is full of load of confusion
God is said to be caring, never get angry, will not do bad things, does not kill, etc. Apart from what we can see in our own realities, right inside the so-called word of God you will see that same God getting furiously angry, ordering his devotees to go and destroy thousands of souls. God calls himself jealous God, I often wonders, jealous of what or who? It is confusing.
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Top6074: 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
The issue is baffling, how can an omini everything be jealous of anyone/ thing?
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Zoe99(f): 5:28pm On Sep 21, 2020
Scientists have come to the conclusion that this Earth had a beginning which means there must have been a beginner.They also believe that space,time and matter came into existence at that beginning.This means that the beginner must be spaceless,timeless and immaterial.If he's outside of time, that means he knew how things would turn out from the beginning even though at the same time man has free will.The Bible says that the Lamb of God was slain before the foundations of the earth/world in the book of revelations.What does this mean?It means that everything that happens on this earth has already happened in God's mind.God is love and if there were no free will, there's no way you would have been able to make that choice to love God or man.Everything would have been by compulsion.Y'all should stop trying to be too logical when talking about God cos if he made you to be able to understand everything,do everything and be everywhere,why would you need Him?

1 Like

Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Kobojunkie: 5:50am On Oct 31, 2020
thesilentman:
I'm enlightened already.
So in summary, you are the kind of person who believes everything people say? undecided
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Kobojunkie: 4:14am On Nov 06, 2020
Top6074:
The issue is baffling, how can an omini everything be jealous of anyone/ thing?
Omini-jealous of what? undecided
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Kobojunkie: 4:15am On Nov 06, 2020
sinkhole:
Many things confuse me in this world, most importantly religion!
I am associated with Christianity but it is full of load of confusion
God is said to be caring, never get angry, will not do bad things, does not kill, etc. Apart from what we can see in our own realities, right inside the so-called word of God you will see that same God getting furiously angry, ordering his devotees to go and destroy thousands of souls. God calls himself jealous God, I often wonders, jealous of what or who? It is confusing.
the problem is likely because rather than paying attention to the God you claim to believe in, you are instead paying more attention to people and what they say about God instead. You cannot survive that way. Either commit to focusing on God or ... wait... it may be too late for you to drop out. Pele! lipsrsealed
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Kobojunkie: 4:16am On Nov 06, 2020
ggirl4real:

He is definitely powerful enough but God will not FORCE anything on you that you do not choose of your own self. Just as He did not force your parents to have you, He will not force you to have Him. You have to choose of your own will whether you will have Him or not. It is as simple as that -- the price to pay is steep if you choose Him.
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by sinkhole: 9:53am On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
the problem is likely because rather than paying attention to the God you claim to believe in, you are instead paying more attention to people and what they say about God instead. You cannot survive that way. Either commit to focusing on God or ... wait... it may be too late for you to drop out. Pele! lipsrsealed
How do you focus on God without being either a Christian or a Muslim? Traditional religion comes very close to focusing on God of your intuition but in this days being a traditionalist is becoming an automatic ritualist!
The other acceptable two religions that promise to bring you closer to God are more of confusions than true path to God: Christianity and Islam creates the earthly world of hates, killings, murders and chaos with the promise of heavenly bliss! What stupid ideas embarassed
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Kobojunkie: 9:59am On Nov 06, 2020
sinkhole:
How do you focus on God without being either a Christian or a Muslim? Traditional religion comes very close to focusing on God of your intuition but in this days being a traditionalist is becoming an automatic ritualist!
The other acceptable two religions that promise to bring you closer to God are more of confusions than true path to God: Christianity and Islam creates the earthly world of hates, killings, murders and chaos with the promise of heavenly bliss! What stupid ideas embarassed
How do you focus on God without being a Christian or a Muslim?
Well, as concerns the Bible God, He never asked man to create a religion on His behalf... He instead asked, and continues to ask, that man obey Him(Not pastors/preachers/popes/GOs/GBs and the lot). Anyone who takes Him at His word will have to focus on Him in other to truly serve Him with all his mind, heart, body and soul. When you are able to focus all of you on Him as He commands, there will be nothing left to give anyone else or even the world.
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by sinkhole: 10:27am On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
How do you focus on God without being a Christian or a Muslim?
Well, as concerns the Bible God, He never asked man to create a religion on His behalf... He instead asked, and continues to ask, that man obey Him(Not pastors/preachers/popes/GOs/GBs and the lot). Anyone who takes Him at His word will have to focus on Him in other to truly serve Him with all his mind, heart, body and soul. When you are able to focus all of you on Him as He commands, there will be nothing left to give anyone else or even the world.
grin grin By the time I tried "serving God" by only reading the Bible, automatically I will be termed "a Christian", then I will be told to look for a Bible believing Church to be attending, as we should not forsake the assemblies of others! Then I will have to adopt the doctrine of that Assembly and have to castigate others and soon I may even develope a kind of hatred for other as they are children of paditions destined to hell fire, and what association does the children of God have with that of Belial Bla bla . . .!
Islam and Christianity are the major problems of this world: remove those two and the world will be close to the paradise the two preach!
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Kobojunkie: 10:40am On Nov 06, 2020
sinkhole:
grin grin By the time I tried "serving God" by only reading the Bible, automatically I will be termed "a Christian",
I am not automatically termed a Christian, not even here on Nairaland and I am here almost 24/7 even.
sinkhole:
then I will be told to look for a Bible believing Church to be attending, as we should not forsake the assemblies of others!
I have not been in a church house to "worship" God in all the years that I came to know God, and the last thing I will ever do is heed the words of men as far as God is concerned. Like I said, you focus on God, not on men and the things of men.
sinkhole:
Then I will have to adopt the doctrine of that Assembly and have to castigate others and soon I may even develope a kind of hatred for other as they are children of paditions destined to hell fire, and what association does the children of God have with that of Belial Bla bla . . .!
I have not had to do any such myself... I don't agree with any doctrine and tradition of men on which religion of men is built on. Matter of fact, If God/Jesus Christ did not say it, it is not law to me.
sinkhole:
Islam and Christianity are the major problems of this world: remove those two and the world will be close to the paradise the two preach!
As I said, God never called anyone to adopt man's religion. He called on people to trust and obey Him and Him alone. If you keep making the choice to follow after the ways of men, you will always remain far away from God and controlled by men and the whims of men instead.
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:53am On Nov 06, 2020
You're far from enlightened

thesilentman:
I'm enlightened already.
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by sinkhole: 11:12am On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I am not automatically termed a Christian, not even here on Nairaland and I am here almost 24/7 even.
I have not been in a church house to "worship" God in all the years that I came to know God, and the last thing I will ever do is heed the words of men as far as God is concerned. Like I said, you focus on God, not on men and the things of men.
I have not had to do any such myself... I don't agree with any doctrine and tradition of men on which religion of men is built on. Matter of fact, If God/Jesus Christ did not say it, it is not law to me.
As I said, God never called anyone to adopt man's religion. He called on people to trust and obey Him and Him alone. If you keep making the choice to follow after the ways of men, you will always remain far away from God and controlled by men and the whims of men instead.
Good for you in all your decisions.
Can you also allow me to take my decision in peace? Thank you wink
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Kobojunkie: 11:15am On Nov 06, 2020
sinkhole:
Good for you in all your decisions.
Can you also allow me to take my decision in peace? Thank you wink
What decision? Your decision to continue vainly accuse Christianity and Islam of obstructing your attempts at focusing on God the way God has called for you to? undecided
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by sinkhole: 11:19am On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What decision? Your decision to continue vainly accuse Christianity and Islam of obstructing your attempts at focusing on God the way God has called for you to? undecided
So, you now want to invoke your religious anarchy on me now?
Please, let me be, leave me out of your religious extremism!
You want to read Bible, good for you! I do not want to read either Bible or Koran tongue
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by Kobojunkie: 11:20am On Nov 06, 2020
sinkhole:
So, you now want to invoke your religious anarchy on me now?
Please, let me be, leave me out of your religious extremism!
um.. That was a question and rightly so since I don't known what you suddenly mean by what you said. undecided
Re: There Is No Point In Trying To Make Heaven[see Why] by sinkhole: 11:22am On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
um.. That was a question since I don't known what you suddenly mean by what you said.
As I said, you want to read Bible and I do not want to read either Bible or Koran, am I not clear enough? I do not want to read those two books because they bring nothing to the world other than chaos and destruction while promising heavenly bliss!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Precious Quotes / Help Me Understand This Word Of Wisdom / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.