Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Is The Bible Meant To Be Read In Order? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Bible Meant To Be Read In Order? (260 Views)

Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri / Why I Don't Believe Everything I Read In The Bible. / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Bible Meant To Be Read In Order? by iamuye(m): 10:02am On Sep 20, 2020
The Bible is arranged in very approximate chronological order. That is one of the reasons it has two major divisions called the “Old Testament” and the “New Testament.” Which I think affects how the entire Bible is read.
Re: Is The Bible Meant To Be Read In Order? by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 20, 2020
What do you propose?
Re: Is The Bible Meant To Be Read In Order? by delkuf(m): 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
cruxgemmata:
What do you propose?
Thank you for asking. Op what do you propose
Re: Is The Bible Meant To Be Read In Order? by iamuye(m): 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2020
I think because of this great division, the holy book has become contradicting. I have seen some people believing majorly on the preaching of the Old Testament and others strongly inspired by the teachings of the New Testament.
Re: Is The Bible Meant To Be Read In Order? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:07am On Sep 21, 2020
iamuye:

I think because of this great division, the holy book has become contradicting. I have seen some people believing majorly on the preaching of the Old Testament and others strongly inspired by the teachings of the New Testament

They think that by "cutting" and "pasting" they can evade obeying the Commandments of God and have set for themselves, their own commandment.

The Bible is a continuous transaction traveling from the beginning (history) to the future!

It is wrongfully called old and new testament. It should have been described as Pre-Christ and Post Christ!

1 Like

Re: Is The Bible Meant To Be Read In Order? by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
iamuye:
I think because of this great division, the holy book has become contradicting. I have seen some people believing majorly on the preaching of the Old Testament and others strongly inspired by the teachings of the New Testament.
What has order in which the books contained in the Bible are read to do with any of what you have stated above? undecided
Re: Is The Bible Meant To Be Read In Order? by tobechi74: 9:11pm On Oct 03, 2020
As spirit leads

(1) (Reply)

Free Rev. Solomon Tarfa From Unlawful Detection / Any Islamic Ruling On #ENDSARS Today? / 20 Romantic Photos Of Pastor Sam Adeyemi And His Beautiful Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.