Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja (109202 Views)

This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) / President Buhari Commissions Abuja Light Rail / Abuja Light Rail Ready For Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by cuteboy2: 6:47am On Sep 22, 2020
Ordinary diesel locomotive train that has no more than 5 coaches is what they are crowing about. In Tokyo all trains are high speed electric trains going at speeds over 320km/hr. The length of each train stretches for over 300 metres

Our 5 coach diesel locomotive is huffing and puffing at maximum snail speed of 70km/h .

We are truly shameless
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by foreshore(m): 6:54am On Sep 22, 2020
spendoon:
Please take a look at the pic of the Abuja light rail below and you will realise Nigeria is moving forward as country, I don't care if it's PMB or GEJ that started this project all I know is am very happy my country is progressing.

In case you don't know or have not travelled our before, they dont use this type of obsolete train in Dubai.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by ghuzy01: 6:54am On Sep 22, 2020
larryking540:

I doubt if u have even step your foot outside your state, Africa ,or even interact with the northern, eastern or southern Africa nationality ...

because if you have you will know u are far far ahead of many africa country and they look up to you....

but last last I will not still blame you Bec this is a faceless forum so u are free to get bitter
Bro they will never know how great Nigeria is compared to these African countries. I was talking with one Rwanda national here in Canada, he was like all the promotion of Rwanda is all packaging,they are really lacking behind and look up to Nigeria. Beside Rwanda is just one city country. After kigali..nothing else. The Kigali self can't stand port Harcourt.

Sometimes I tire for Nigerians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Loveknitting: 6:58am On Sep 22, 2020
spendoon:

bro learn to appreciate good work, how many African countries has this?

How many African countries have you been to?

Celebrating rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by ZaddyJamal: 7:00am On Sep 22, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
[s][/s]
Edo no be lagos

Dead zombie angry
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by shogsman(m): 7:06am On Sep 22, 2020
OP you're a certified fool,this crap is what you call progress
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Dpaulie(m): 7:07am On Sep 22, 2020
larryking540:

I keep saying it ,when u don't believe your self or your house hold ,no body will respect you ,
take a look at nigeria in UAE currently ,the UAE govt have the audacity to drive Emirates flight to 9ja to pick up passengers but will not allow 9ja flight to come into the country to drop 9jas in UAE ,,,na see finish be that ,,
no matter how bad UAE economy is they don't come on social media to rubbish the country image , because that will go a long way , maybe the government has suffered us to the extent that we couldn’t keep suffering and smiling

we don't believe in ourselves at all ,the govt might not be good ,but some are making effort for a better 9ja ,they too met errors in the office when they came into power
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by shogsman(m): 7:11am On Sep 22, 2020
larryking540:

exactly man ,I love your statement,we should learn to appreciate the little we have ,I keep saying it ,even if osibanjo becomes the president as people always dream of ,we will still redicule him till his tenure ends in presidential hux ,

we don't appreciate what we have ,that's y other little country or nationality look down on us ,
Your country don't have anything to be appreciative off,your leaders have dealt with y'all to the extent that basic looks like luxury to you.
People like you that don't know better is the reason politicians have field days in this country

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by shine12: 7:21am On Sep 22, 2020
Oh yes, we know this is not Tokyo or Dubai. Tokyo ke. More like Tunisia or some low grade city in Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Psoul(m): 7:29am On Sep 22, 2020
Sometimes, when I read about using some of these countries as yardstick of development to assess Nigeria, I feel somehow.
If Nigeria and her leaders have removed corruption, nepotism, tribalism and political intolerance, so many countries would have bn using us to challenge other countries on what development should look like.

We have all it will take to make every country to be lining up just to access Nigeria visa to just come and have a taste of what Nigeria looks like. Now almost every country don't want to see us.

Now see the kind of thing we are boasting of. Something that we should be among the first countries that have it.

Shame of a Nation
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by xilo1717(m): 7:31am On Sep 22, 2020
spendoon:

Can you even hear yourself my brother?
This guy's are eating us up, the rest of sub Sahara Africa are as well just like Nigeria just that Nigeria is a but worse though.
My opinion though cry
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Trueteller0147: 7:33am On Sep 22, 2020
No be only London. Even Togo better pass this one. Mtcheew
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Jdesilentkiller(m): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2020
COMPAQ:

Where did you see nnpc towers? What I see here is World Trade Center. Besides the picture with the idu train station is a totally different picture!!!
Ok
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by watchindelta(m): 7:39am On Sep 22, 2020
Is this how the politicians build their houses? Rubbish, travel and see...
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by watchindelta(m): 7:44am On Sep 22, 2020
shogsman:

Your country don't have anything to be appreciative off,your leaders have dealt with y'all to the extent that basic looks like luxury to you.
People like you that don't know better is the reason politicians have field days in this country
some Nigerians are very very stupid, they don't know their right from left
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by philsbaba: 7:53am On Sep 22, 2020
spendoon:

Guy let's be honest here by african standard this is commendable, even the kenya, Rwanda and other countries you people like to make refrence to don't have this except maybe SA and Egypt.
Nigeria is an oil producing country. We can do far better than them. Stop this mediocrity!!!
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:56am On Sep 22, 2020
jumobi1:
No reasonable person will confuse that picture for Tokyo, Dubai or London.

I just tire.......
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Awaja(m): 8:09am On Sep 22, 2020
Hyping over a basic amenity in a relict form is insanely insane.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 22, 2020
spendoon:
This is Lagos not New York ooo
This is Jakarta.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by alphaRego01(m): 8:19am On Sep 22, 2020
jumobi1:

Why ur life de like dis?

U carry all ur ancestral grudges for ur small head. Take chill pill
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Awoo88: 8:48am On Sep 22, 2020
spendoon:

You don't get it?? That picture is fiction. Have you been to Idu rail station in Abuja before??
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by CeCeEkol(f): 9:04am On Sep 22, 2020
jumobi1:
LOL! You made my morning. very funny comment....lol.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by CeCeEkol(f): 9:08am On Sep 22, 2020
Problem with us Nigerians is lack of maintenance culture. can we maintain this and so many others?
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 22, 2020
phylshan:
This is Makurdi, not New York
Lol naa so.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 22, 2020
Japan of 1980 look more beautiful and develop than this.

stop celebrating Mediocrity

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by tundchip2: 9:28am On Sep 22, 2020
numericalguy:

They meant exactly what they said. The train station is in the airport. You board the train straight from the airport to town and I have taken it so many times.
Thanks for the info.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Hassanmaye(m): 9:41am On Sep 22, 2020
[quote author=jumobi1 post=94114824]No reasonable person will confuse that picture for Tokyo, Dubai or London.[/quote
Hahahahahaha Haba na uncle grin grin shocked grin]
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by larryking540: 9:44am On Sep 22, 2020
ghuzy01:

Bro they will never know how great Nigeria is compared to these African countries. I was talking with one Rwanda national here in Canada, he was like all the promotion of Rwanda is all packaging,they are really lacking behind and look up to Nigeria. Beside Rwanda is just one city country. After kigali..nothing else. The Kigali self can't stand port Harcourt.

I swear bro ,I day base in UAE so I have many africa nationality as friends next door bro ,they doff hat for 9ja ,
na only 9ja person go travel still keep e language accent but the rest go day for Europe or America assent ,na only 9ja person day always turn back home but many of the other nationality hardly look back some are lost sheep ,....

many people attacking me here are still in their mama's house eating eba , passports some don't even have yet
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by larryking540: 9:46am On Sep 22, 2020
shogsman:

oga shut up ,if u don't have a passport don't quote me back pls ,,,
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by larryking540: 9:47am On Sep 22, 2020
ghuzy01:

I have a Rwanda as a friend currently ,and he told me frankly there is nothing in Rwanda , physically all looks good but internally there is nothing to write about
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 22, 2020
ghuzy01:

This people are highly ....., the reason they are insulting this pic is because it isn't highly edited like the ones those countries they are praising post, I've said this many a times that Nigeria should learn to advertise and market her country well with the media same way all those countries are
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Olumyco(m): 10:17am On Sep 22, 2020
We need to learn to appreciate good things.
There are four cities in Africa that have light rail and they are:

1. Abuja, Nigeria

2. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

3. Port Louis, Mauritius

4. Tunis, Tunisia

Many people dont know the information above. For Nigeria to have a light rail that conveys people from the City centre to the Airport is a great development but many wont see that.

If this pics were to be from South Africa or Kenya or another city in Africa, people will not let us rest and begin to hype the country and throw tantrums at Nigeria as if we are stagnant. Our growth might be slow but we are not doing badly like the way some of us portrays it here. What you and I need to always think about is how you we too can contribute to the progress of the country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

5 Forbidden Places You Are Not Allowed To Visit / Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix / Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire: Man Narrates How He Escaped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.