Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,852 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:35 AM

Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja (109046 Views)

Interior Pictures Of The Trains To Be Used For The Lagos Light Rail / This is not Dubai, this is kano state (photos) / President Buhari Commissions Abuja Light Rail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Raalsalghul: 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
Nigerians--we are so used to mediocrity.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by olatejuadeoye(m): 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
Confirmed
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Annycj: 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2020
Why celebrating it? We have the money to build more exciting one than this,even better than those of European countries
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Akolawole(m): 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
solmus:

Go to Rashidiya and Jabel Ali Metro Station Dubai first and you might understand why you should never include Dubai Metro in your comparison non of our international airports match their metro or train station lol. Even American tourist snap pics in amazement

Goto metros in Joburg and see real difference, never used Metro in Kigali as I only once had stop over but please Kigali isn't on that level of mediocre

The one I would had fought you over is if you had compared this to anything in Qatar or Abudhabi

Think of Dubai Metro stations as underground mall, with toilet that flushes automatically with sensors, ATMs, automated vending machine, automated metro card unit loader... Everywhere has sound system to notify you of arrival and departure, fully air-conditioned with sweet smell

I have never seen any Patriotic Nigerian who arrived Dubai, Abudhabi, or Doha who won't curse Nigeria and it's leaders for a week

Why will I curse my country?

I can NEVER.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by chibu4u2(m): 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
lekki1444:
WTF DO YOU MEAN ? I lived in London for over 20 years.i was born in london. and it looks exactly like that picture

20 yrs kwa. Not sure you were born in lonon, coz if the pix look exactly like what youve seen in london then there is a problem.

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by AngelicBeing: 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
jumobi1:
No reasonable person will confuse that picture for Tokyo, Dubai or London.
Gbam, Hahaha, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, even a blind man will concur with your post

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by martineverest(m): 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
looks like slum in tokyo
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by chibu4u2(m): 7:47pm On Sep 21, 2020
lekki1444:
WTF DO YOU MEAN ? I lived in London for over 20 years.i was born in london. and it looks exactly like that picture

20 yrs kwa. Not sure you were born in lonon, coz if the pix look exactly like what youve seen in london then there is a problemYou don open account with d mail already
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by ogwuche4u(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
At least there is visible growth. We may not be developing as fast as the western world but we are making progress.

jumobi1:
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Aguogba(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
BornSnner9:
Good.. I just hope we are able to maintain it
Bros, as I take elderly eye look this train, I come dey reason say na "upgrade" of the same old model we have. I mean Idumota upgrade( fender, front cord, and interior) Amaechi has some explaining to do. Make I hear say this train do 250km/hour like her Oyibo mates.

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
spendoon:
This is Lagos not New York ooo
Wow where is this place?
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Myer(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
jumobi1:
But you get bad mouth sha.
He meant Dubai and Tokyo 20 years ago.

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Jonegonu: 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2020
BornSnner9:
Good.. I just hope we are able to maintain it
. Believe on what u have. It be maintain 100%.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by sLentlover7778(m): 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2020

jumobi1:
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by DEROX: 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
They stole our money to develop Abuja. This is not fair angry
pls where are you from and which money because na nddc steal some money meant for Niger delta so hold them responsible
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by iheartellah(m): 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2020
phylshan:
This is Makurdi, not New York
Amennnnn
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by dipsy588(m): 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2020
Nobody living in Nigeria would make a mistake calling that picture London or Dubai
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2020
Does it even look those cities?
It seems the OP is typing from his rural settlement.

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by solmus: 7:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
Akolawole:

Why will I curse my country?

I can NEVER.

Seeing what same crude oil dollars is doing to other countries would make you get really furious with Nigeria

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by chibuzorAbia: 7:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
ODJ124:
I love Abuja..

But you hate your hometown Owerri?
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by BestKato(m): 7:50pm On Sep 21, 2020
spendoon:
Please take a look at the pic of the Abuja light rail below and you will realise Nigeria is moving forward as country, I don't care if it's PMB or GEJ that started this project all I know is am very happy my country is progressing.

You might be an idiot for not caring about who started a project or who finished it.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Reigning2020: 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
If this is actually a light rail how are they going to operate it ? considering the citizens don't have basic power to run their businesses and homes much less a rail ? Miss place priority
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Prechgold1180(m): 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
jumobi1:
Savage
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Burgerlomo: 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2020
jumobi1:

Looks beautiful tho cool
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Mannnn(m): 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2020
phylshan:
This is Makurdi, not New York
Comot there, this is not even africa
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by proclinician: 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2020
One has to be irredeemably insane to confuse those pictures with 21st century Dubai.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by farouknini2006: 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2020
jumobi1:
swrsss bruh
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by NwaIgboBoy(m): 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2020
Nigeria Amaka
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by eazymoni: 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
spendoon:

bro learn to appreciate good work, how many African countries has this?
how many African countries have the kind of resources that Nigeria has?

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Ishilove: 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
spendoon:

there is an station at the Abuja airport for travellers landing in abuja
embarassed

Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Graysons: 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2020
Op this look nothing like Tokyo.
Re: Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja by Kingstanding: 7:55pm On Sep 21, 2020
jumobi1:
. Well someone who has never step out from naija might believe that rubbish. How can London or Tokyo use locomotive train? Rubbish posting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

5 Forbidden Places You Are Not Allowed To Visit / Welcome To Algeria ! ( Pics ) / Plane Passenger Shocked To See Window He Slept Against During Flight Broken (Pix