Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Nigerian Boxer Efe Ajagba Beats American Opponent Jonnie Rice - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Boxer Efe Ajagba Beats American Opponent Jonnie Rice (478 Views)

Boxing: Efe Ajagba Vows To Dethrone Anthony Joshua / Meet Efe Ajagba, Nigerian Boxer Making Waves Like Anthony Joshua / Efe Ajagba Wins Curtis Harper Without A Punch After Opponent Walked Out Of Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Boxer Efe Ajagba Beats American Opponent Jonnie Rice by Prechboy(m): 10:52am On Sep 20, 2020
Nigerian boxer Efe Ajagba has added another victory to his name after he overcame his American opponent, Jonnie Rice, in a keenly-contested bout Saturday night at The Bubble in Las Vegas, Nevada.

While Ajagba has had it ‘easier’ in most of his other fights, he was pushed to the limits against Rice; claiming a ten-round unanimous decision over the 33-year-old.

As reported by Boxing Scene, Judge Max DeLuca had the bout 98-92, while judges Adalaide Byrd and Dave Moretti scored it 99-91 in favour of Ajagba.

This is only the second time Ajagba would be winning a fight via unanimous decision having knocked down all his previous challengers

The last such occasion where Ajagba was taken this deep was against previously unbeaten Ali Eren Demirezen last July at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

That fight saw 26-year old Ajagba fight through an injured elbow for much of the night but was still able to get the win.

While Ajagba has improved his record to 14 straight wins, his Saturday opponent Rice has now suffered his second straight defeat in falling to 13-6-1 (9KOs), both coming versus unbeaten opposition.

The 33-year old journeyman was stopped in the 10th and final round of a March 7 clash versus Demsey McKean on the road in Queensland, Australia.

Though Ugheli-born Ajagba has extended his winning streak, the 2016 Olympian still has a lot to do if his big dreams of unseating Anthony Joshua is to be fulfilled.

Newsmen had reported how Ajagba boasted of having superior skills compared to Joshua

“Skill would beat Joshua, not power,” said the undefeated Ajagba. “Me and Joshua both have the power. But skills control the power.”

“I have more skills,” he said.

https://www.today.ng/sport/boxing/nigerian-boxer-efe-ajagba-beats-american-opponent-jonnie-rice-318857

Re: Nigerian Boxer Efe Ajagba Beats American Opponent Jonnie Rice by Legalcriminal: 11:06am On Sep 20, 2020
Real nigga...
I’ll learn some of your skills to fight one mod who banned me for no reason. Remove his fxcking teeth

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boxer Efe Ajagba Beats American Opponent Jonnie Rice by Amotolongbo(f): 11:07am On Sep 20, 2020
Good

Well done Ajagba

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxer Efe Ajagba Beats American Opponent Jonnie Rice by paulolee(m): 11:16am On Sep 20, 2020
nice wan efe....u represented us very well, dnt pray they set dt fight between you and joshua bcoz brothers aint made to fight against each oda...
i think this efe was the main reason why joshua was dropped for representing us in the Olympics...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Boxer Efe Ajagba Beats American Opponent Jonnie Rice by ObaKlaz: 11:17am On Sep 20, 2020
The pictures are a true situation report of what's going on in my Edo state right now.

Indeed, a picture is worth a thousand words! grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Boxer Efe Ajagba Beats American Opponent Jonnie Rice by Prechboy(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2020
Funny but true lol
ObaKlaz:
The pictures are a true situation report of what's going on in my Edo state right now.

Indeed, a picture is worth a thousand words! grin

(1) (Reply)

Bet Prediction For Today And Tomorrow / Exercise Can Worsen Your Health! / The Footballer Who Retired To Become A Seamstress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.