Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React (67081 Views)

Makinde, Wike, Others Absent At Ademola Adeleke’s Swearing In As Osun Governor / Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man / Dino Melaye, Ben Murray-bruce React To National Assembly Siege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by seunjungle1(m): 5:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
He has finally joined retirees
Lolzzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by spacechuks(m): 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2020
Arrewa:
Now that Obaseki has won so convincingly, we won't be hearing talks of how elections were rigged or how democracy is in danger, from people who don't support the Buhari administration.

I hope we keep this same energy and maintain status quo when it goes otherwise in future.

The reason is not farfetched,

The political gladiators wouldn't expend their energy on Edo to rigging their party candidate in because Edo is not contributing much to the national purse,

Unlike Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa where the nations wealth is emanating from, the APC would always try to rig their way in.

Have you seen ants clusters on salt before, rather ants prefer to cluster on sugar....wisdom is principal thing, get it

Congratulations to Obaseki, My candidate anyday, anytime

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by ODJ124(m): 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2020
grin
Aguogba:

Ondo no be Lagos
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by anonimi: 5:52pm On Sep 20, 2020
Introvertedmarc:
Tinubu should be careful, he might end up being the price to be paid for Nigerian unity.. "Edo no be Lagos" goes beyond just words, its deeper and more of a protest than just slogan.. if the mantra goes beyond Edo state, the SW would rather dethrone him than go into political emasculation, while joining the silent protest on the terrible state of the nation.

I doubt if any thoroughbred Yoruba cares much about the drug dealer companion of Esho Jinadu aka Buruji Kashamu.
How has his political leadership helped the Yorubas, compared to Awolowo? The JagaBandit can roast in hell for all we care.

anonimi:
http://saharareporters.com/2009/02/18/bola-tinubus-heroin-tainted-assets-forfeiture-judgement

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1206437_2e8d204456ddaca651c21c258cad334b_jpg2c86cdb1543edff718fbaebc74f4b873

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3089787_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd

Babasessy:

Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article)

The Awolowo rebirth in the Southwest has inspired gongs, songs and rhetoric of sorts. But they have missed one point.

It occurred to me in Abeokuta last week amidst the big crowds and euphoria of the swearing-in of Senator Ibikunle Amosun as governor. In all the states from Lagos to Edo, where Awo has witnessed ideological resurgence, hardly a single family member has played a role.

So we have an Awo family without an Awo. That is an irony. But history overwhelms us with this sort of twist. Obafemi Awolowo toiled for his reputation. His roots were lowly, he toiled to school both home and abroad, launched into careers in law, business, journalism and eventually politics. He carved a niche for himself, and became the first methodical and charismatic leftist in our history.  Other leftists abounded but they did not inspire comparable drama and following.

He faced tribulations, went to jail, failed in elections, won a few, but he imprinted his ideas and legacy in the country, and no single mortal has beaten him in the history of this country. His greatest achievement was in the area of ideas, and that was how he fashioned a family. Most families are born of biology but his issued from ideology. That family suffered with him.

In a spoof of Jesus Christ, these were the men who followed him in his teachings, and endured with him in his temptations. So he formed a kingdom for them in the Southwest, in the old Western Region, presiding over his projects, his legacies and people.

In all of these, the family he had was not his flesh and blood. In another spoof of Christ, who were his family anyway? Those who were with him must be counted as his family. So, I combed in the ambience of Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), and I found none. I went to Ogun, I frisked the crowd under Amosun’s bower, hardly any. Around Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola in Osun, I could not lay a finger. With Governor Kayode Fayemi in Ekiti, where are the forbears of Awo? Yet, I can hear the chants of Awo. Hardly in any of the inaugural speeches or any of their other public intervention would you miss the philtre and filter of Awo from these gentlemen. To parody Novelist Joseph Conrad, they are the sparks from Awo’s sacred fire, the messengers of the might within the man.

Already all of them are pursuing the legacy ideas of Awo: free education, free health services, infrastructural development, urban renewal and economic engineering.

Lagos has posted itself as the John the Baptist. The others are putting up valiant efforts, and the world of course is watching to see how well they will perform. It will call for great work, resourcefulness and cooperation. They are the real Awoists, and Awo was a man of rigour and vigour.

The Awo son that many expected to take after the father was Olusegun, who unfortunately died in a car crash. We shall never know if he could have pulled it off.  But the others have not shown much of the paterfamilias’ brio and depth. In the past decade, under this republic, they have blended with the wrong crowd. Even H.I.D, hobnobbed with Alao-Akala, who brought illiteracy to governance; with Oyinlola who turned the grace of office into a hell-hole of despots; with Daniel who could not arrest his quick fall into megalomania.

I wrote once that this woman whom Awo once described as the jewel of inestimable value has lost value to his cause. If he came back to life, he would have committed the extraordinary act of divorce after death. Even his newspaper, The Tribune, has so stumbled and fallen that it swims in Awo’s vomit.

Groucho Max, one of the funniest satirists in American history, said of a man that he got his looks from his father. Then he quipped, “He was a plastic surgeon.” That means the son is not his real son, or he did not inherit his natural looks. Ideologically, when we talk of Awo’s family, the chief inheritor is Asiwaju Bola Tinubu as the leader of all the others. He was the one who stuck his neck out. He could have lost his life or ended his career in politics. The so-called real Awolowos who bear his surname cannot come up for mention. They are Awolowos but not Awoists. They stabbed their father in the back. They have committed ideological parricide.

The only person that made a real try was Awolowo-Dosunmu in the early 1990s and she lost roundly. She was accused of trying to ride her father’s coattail. Political families are good for democracies. They can exemplify the high ideals of diligence, dignity, ideas, character. We have seen these in such families as the Kennedys, the Adamses, the Roosevelts, the Ghandis. They just don’t claim family. They appeal to the high ideals that endeared the families to their societies.

It’s also an irony that these families are falling into twilight. Some of them have vanished. Enoch Powell, a British MP, once gave us the famous line: “All political lives, unless they are cut off midstream at a happy juncture, end in failure because that is the nature of politics and human affairs.”

Columnist Ambassador Dapo Fafowora adverted to this idea in a recent outing, and I debated it with him afterwards. I don’t believe that a political life should be judged by how it ends but what it means. The quote is often missed by many who mistake “careers” for “lives.” A political life should be judged by its legacies. If we judged Awo by how he ended, we would look at him only as the loser to Shagari. That is why I see an intrinsic mischief in Enoch’s quote. But I would agree that political families end also in failure if you judge how they peter out and not the legacy.

Awo’s legacy is alive and well. Members of other families in flesh and blood can carry on. Immediate families tend to suffer from what an author, Noemie Emery, describes as dynastic curse. The children tend to be intimidated by the standards set by the fathers. So they just don’t want to try. They feel they cannot match them or come even close.  The problem probably comes from the fathers themselves. The Adams, who produced important presidents, later gave birth to moral vagrants and drunks. The Bush daughters showed themselves as party girls when their father was contesting the political battle of his life.

But Joe Kennedy groomed his sons assiduously, and they excelled in politics. They also had a fair share of tragedies. Ted Kennedy regained his sobriety and voice in America after a season of debauchery. In Nigeria, we are seeing the Sarakis fade. A Saraki – Bukola - is wiping out the Sarakis from politics. It is a classic case of oedipal tragedy, something I predicted earlier this year on this page.

It is not late though for the flesh-and-blood Awolowos to join their father’s fold. But they must be genuine. Awo was the most important Yoruba personage in history after Oduduwa. They had stellar men like Oranmiyan, Balogun Latosa, Lisabi, Sodeke, et al. None of them had the unifying vision and organisational acumen that Awolowo gave the race. The wife, children and grandchildren should not watch others glow in his jewel without them.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/columnist/monday/sam-omatseye/index.1.html

fuzek:
THE General Overseer of the Latter Rain Assembly and running mate of Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) during the April 16 presidential election, Pastor Tunde Bakare, declared that it would be fool-hardy for “any bastard and the son of a concubine” to assume the leadership mantle of the Yoruba.

While preaching in his church in Lagos on the topic: “It is time to speak”, the fiery cleric said: “Look at the madness going on in Yoruba land. slowpoke, nincompoop, people without family background causing problem because of money, ill gotten wealth. If a town or settlement is at peace, the bastard there is yet to grow up.

“If you are a bastard, there is nothing you can do to cover up with money. Where is your father’s compound? A bastard pretending to be a patriot. We are proud of our heritage because we have goodly heritage. There are those who call themselves nobles who are under the influence of Jezebel. Until they drink kainkain, they cannot function. They pretend to be larger than life,” he added.

He likened the person angling to take over the leadership of the Yoruba to the Biblical Abimelech who forcefully took over a kingdom that did not belong to him and was eventually destroyed.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/100458-pastor-tunde-bakare-of-the-latter-rain-assembly-a-bastard-cant-rule-the-yorubas.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
cheesy[color=#000000][/color]
Whenever you're giving a child a name, make sure you give him or her a well deserve name!
#Edonobelagos
#obaseki_issagoal...........
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by anonimi: 6:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
Arrewa:
Now that Obaseki has won so convincingly, we won't be hearing talks of how elections were rigged or how democracy is in danger, from people who don't support the Buhari administration.

I hope we keep this same energy and maintain status quo when it goes otherwise in future.

Like in Imo and Kogi plus Osun?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4257139_mumuhamadu_jpeg8f5b75be4e14a3d41f9327e6532cd03c

Issame:
Oshiomole Mistakenly Says APC Rigged Osun Election (Video)

"I think that for democracy to flourish, only people who can accept the pain of *rigging* (sorry, defeat) should participate in an election"

- Adams Oshiomole, APC Chairman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGVgmNPbKWA

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/09/oshiomole-mistakenly-confess-to-rigging-osun-election-video/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10598751_20190324210515_jpeg5bb927cfb16b3c671298f608f94f5c54

deantimes:
Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria’s President, has reportedly said his party, the All Progressive Congress (APC) won last year’s governorship election in Osun with the help of remote control.

Mr President is quoted as making the above statement on Saturday when he visited traditional rulers in the state seeking their endorsement for his re-election.

The governorship election conducted by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in September was won by the APC although the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) took early lead.

A rerun election which was later conducted in the areas believed to be the stronghold of Senator Iyiola Omisore, the governorship candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) saw the ruling party leading the opposition party.

Mr Omisore, POLITICS TIMES recalls, had entered into alliance with the APC to deliver his stronghold to the party. This was after he met a delegation of the PDP seeking similar help from him.

“I know how much trouble we had in the last election here,” Buhari was quoted by TheGuardian as saying while addressing the traditional rulers at the banquet hall of Osun State Government House.

“I know by remote control through so many sources how we managed to maintain the party (APC) in power in this state,” he added.

The president at the meeting did not elucidate clearly what he meant by remote control.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/apc-won-osun-governorship-election-with-remote-control-buhari/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2674047_2671101fbimg1435752845837jpeg8fa3e5cefe73fa369d83ff842dcb8396_jpeg_jpeg08705abfd750ea2ff336c659bb1b7a6a

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by anonimi: 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
EvalSam76:
cheesy[color=#000000][/color]
Whenever you're giving a child a name, make sure you give him or her a well deserve name!
#Edonobelagos
#obaseki_issagoal...........

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4138528_fbimg1471362711749_jpeg32428b294a57b4debde63e3fd7301227

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by donprinyo(m): 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2020
Aguogba:
Oshopikin u mean?
Kikikiki.
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by donatus101(m): 6:08pm On Sep 20, 2020
Kudos to ipob grin
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by prince985(m): 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
savwell:
Ondo is next do it and send a strong message to the anti people APC that Nigerians are gradually rejection them it will come like a tsunami in 2023
Are you from ondo? And when is the election?
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by Reference(m): 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
Nothing much to say about this and other elections because quite frankly, I'm fed up and though this has sounded a wrecking blow to the darkness of godfatherism I am concerned that such a highly contested election will produce a governor with just a 500,000 voter roll call. This is real apathy.

Whenever elections call, no matter what side wins I always say this, structure is the most important thing. It is just not good enough to give so much power and place so much resources on people who in my opinion are elected on wafer thin mandates. It is the source of all these problems 300,000+ people can elect Obaseki, 530,000 citizens at the polls cannot hold him accountable and drive good governance.

Democracy may have won but the dividends will remain e!usive if the real issues of the structure of this country are not addressed.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by anonimi: 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by anonimi: 6:15pm On Sep 20, 2020
Reference:
Nothing much to say about this and other elections because quite frankly, I'm fed up and though this has sounded a wrecking blow to the darkness of godfatherism I am concerned that such a highly contested election will produce a governor with just a 500,000 voter roll call. This is real apathy.

Whenever elections call, no matter what side wins I always say this, structure is the most important thing. It is just not good enough to give so much power and place so much resources on people who in my opinion are elected on wafer thin mandates. It is the source of all these problems 300,000+ people can elect Obaseki, 530,000 citizens at the polls cannot hold him accountable and drive good governance.

Democracy may have won but the dividends will remain e!usive if the real issues of the structure of this country are not addressed.

Well said and so full of wisdom.
Stay blessed bros.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by DeRay98(m): 6:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
mattmogan88:
SHAKING MY HEAD
You be Agama Lizard?? cheesy
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by Gloriouspa(m): 6:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
Reference:

Thse are words of wisdom for those who have listening ears. Well said my brother. Have a great evening.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by JohnOkolo: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
fergie001:

HE Seyi Makinde

SOURCE

Davido

Ben Murray-Bruce

Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa

SOURCE

SOURCE

HE Nyesom Wike

Dis Davido guy should just run for Senate then his loud mouth will FEM
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
dyera:
Let the congratulatory messages be pouring in.

4 + 4 Ogbane (e don complete)

Shame on Ambode.

Woe unto Oshiomhole.
Truly, This Election really made AMBODE a coward.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by Sonoyom(m): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
Osho baba has been given the Akpabio treatment, baba should retire and join his colleague Ameachi in Abuja.
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by anonimi: 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by Lastmankc(m): 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
I thought they said anybody Igbo's support always loose,so how market?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by olusola200: 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2020
The big congratulations goes to buhari
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by Jostoman: 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2020
Arrewa:

you people also make an attempt to rig the election but the Galant people of Edo stood their grand.
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by 2016v2017: 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
dyera:

Shame on Ambode.

Woe unto Oshiomhole.
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by 2016v2017: 7:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
Obidon1:
Congrats to Edo people and pdp
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by TheOgaBoss: 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2020
spacechuks:

The reason is not farfetched,

The political gladiators wouldn't expend their energy on Edo to rigging their party candidate in because Edo is not contributing much to the national purse,

Unlike Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa where the nations wealth is emanating from, the APC would always try to rig their way in.

Have you seen ants clusters on salt before, rather ants prefer to cluster on sugar....wisdom is principal thing, get it

Congratulations to Obaseki, My candidate anyday, anytime
what is this one saying? Are u aware Edo state is an oil producing state?
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by ultimateprof: 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2020
[color=#990000][/color] TRULY TRULY EDO NO BE LAGOS.

Congratulations to Obaseki.
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by Edudevine82: 7:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hmmmmmm cold water pls.
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by Aksnoopy: 7:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
festacman:
About 3 years ago, I was against Peter Obi playing god by vowing to remove Gov. Obiano because he installed him. Anambra people spoke in favour of Gov. Obiano and humbled Peter Obi. I rejoiced.

Yesterday, I supported Adams Oshiomole who also played god by vowing to remove Gov. Obaseki because he installed him. Edo people spoke in favour of Gov. Obaseki and humbled Adams Oshiomole. I am humbled.

The power of the office of the citizen is powerful.

Congrats to Obaseki. Lick your wound Oshiobaba.
STFU! Hypocrite. Alatenuje!!!
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by jaytime(m): 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2020
I didn't know Obaseki was Davido's brother and friend. undecided
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by Temysteve(m): 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2020
dyera:

Shame on Ambode.

Woe unto Oshiomhole.
Oshiomole shld be beried by now.
Re: Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React by festacman(m): 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
Aksnoopy:
STFU! Hypocrite. Alatenuje!!!

STFU! Fathead. Ewuawusa!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oshiomhole, Ganduje, Yahaya Bello, El-Rufai On US Visa Ban List - Sahara R. / Atiku Wins 18 LGA Announced In Osun / Certificate Number Missing In Buhari's WAEC Certificate As Man Shares Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.