Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,340 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:36 AM

Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man (117768 Views)

Obaseki, Shaibu's Victory: Makinde, Wike, Davido, Ortom, Okowa, Ben Bruce React / APC Appeal Committee Upholds Disqualification Of Obaseki, 2 Others / Edo Government Revokes C-of-O Of Obaseki, Odubu, Ihonvbere’s Choice Properties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by chimezieeze98: 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIRQbNZzYXs

Wike told Ganduje some time ago.......yiur dollars will fail you in Edo state
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by Edoziesmart(m): 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2020
SATANNIST:
which man? because i am not reading any useless post

Who is begging you to read it undecided undecided
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by amNIGERIA: 11:13pm On Sep 20, 2020
Who did this to Igbos? While Edo people took their faith in their hands and stand up to security forces, others are singing, crying, complaining and have no plans. Who did this to Igbos?

When is election time, all will go to their shops, business & work or stay home watching Nollywood lipsrsealed wink kiss

After election will spend the next four years crying & complaining sad cool tongue embarassed undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoGCY1SJvNg
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by Misterdhee1(m): 11:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
asobo:

The silence of APC "nuisance" on nairaland is proudly sponsored by PDP, Gov Wike, Okowa, Makinde and Obaseki. Kudos to comrade Shuaibu n Edolites una really pepper APC for this election ooh. They are all in their covens.

dansuqi
rajiedreez
Mrukk
tesppidd
SirBunky85
ORIENTATION 101
GreenDestiny2
Yebosola
Misterdhee1
maasoap
Jesusloveyou

You're a big fool. Have you ever seen me comment on any posts about edo politics? It's dimwits like you who will travel several kilometers from your shithole villages in aba and run to Lagos, yet seamlessly troll the locals who had worked hard to build communities that saved you from deep poverty that your foolish leaders bestowed on you in your villages. If apc had won, you probably would have opened countless number of threads shouting "rigged election," "democracy is in danger," "Buhari is a dictator" to heavens. But now that the result has gone in your favor, suddenly democracy is not in danger and Nigeria is no longer a shit hole. Have you seen any of such posts from any Apc apologist? You won't cos they are by far better democrats than you pdp lots that suddenly want everyone to believe pdp is Nigeria's party of angel Michaels.

One would even think inconsequential elements like you really care about Nigeria, when the actual truth is that you only care about re-installing a party that failed perpetually for 16 years into power and continue to fai in their different states. Edo isn't Lagos, neither is it Abia and Enugu. And none of those states even compare to Lagos in terms of socioeconomic progress thanks to the same politicians your flatheaded brain loves to hate. You should bury your flat head in shame, and return to your mud-filled village to relearn how to seperate politics from emotions. Eranko oshi

1 Like

Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by FA13(m): 11:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
Buhari will rather cede 2023 to PDP who will field a northerner (Fulani) than to allow Tinubu take power.

I predicted this the moment Oshiomole was successfully ousted out as party chairman and Buhari did nothing but backed Gaidom.
I said that day either with this Monika or my friend's own that Oshiomole will never enjoy federal might because buhari has hand in his ousting.
wait how do you think those that wanted him out will grant him federal might which will help him win and probably restart his fading career?
all those support during campaign are just fake and deceit to make him loose guard.
they wanted to finish him kpatakpata
though he's not the target their main target is Tinubu.
mark my word 2023 it's either buhari picks his preferred candidate from the south which is definitely not Tinubu or Osinbajo
or he'll allow Tinubu and his clique have their way and collapse cpc structure with pdp that will field a Fulani.

Let me tell you one thing about buhari
he doesn't care about APC as a party he only sees them as a useful Ediots and platform in which he came to power.
Buhari is a core pro Fulani expansionist and dominance that's why he's a god in the north.

You are so absolutely right man.

I have seen another northern guy comment on Facebook who said he does not care who wins in edo.

This is a supposedly core PDP member ooo routing for kwankwaso presidency.

They are only concerned about their tribe there and to get the presidency ticket bu any means.. Whatever you guys do in the south they are less concerned, Buhari is less concerned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by Coolingeffect: 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2020
I don't know about new god father of Edo State.

poiunt:
I think oshiomole and tinubu knew they will lose when they didn't get federal backing.

For tinubu to come out publicly to say "do not vote for obaseki" is desperation that shows they lacked the backing from Buhari.

This is a lesson and a new political strategy, just because this chess game obaseki did to decamp to pdp at the last minutes worked for him does not mean it can work in other states but it is a political lesson.

Now obaseki will have to remove some disloyal members in his government and replaced them with pdp.

As for oshiomole, his political career is finished, he couldnt deliver 2 states

As for tinubu, his relevance and influence is reducing.

Welcome the New Godfather Of Edo State politics Obaseki
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by wizi4tyn: 11:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
comos:
the man that makes Obaseki win is Buhari.

he allows INEC to do their job without federal might interference

Is it part of his job description in the first place to interfere with how inec does her work?
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by Fearlez: 11:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
comos:
the man that makes Obaseki win is Buhari.

he allows INEC to do their job without federal might interference
what a way to reason.

That's why they say corruption has been a way of life now. So because Buhari didn't rig, he's the one who allowed Obaseki to win?
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by francotunsco: 11:27pm On Sep 20, 2020
News has it that he lost his local government or polling unit!
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by slivertongue: 11:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
Buhari will rather cede 2023 to PDP who will field a northerner (Fulani) than to allow Tinubu take power.

I predicted this the moment Oshiomole was successfully ousted out as party chairman and Buhari did nothing but backed Gaidom.
I said that day either with this Monika or my friend's own that Oshiomole will never enjoy federal might because buhari has hand in his ousting.
wait how do you think those that wanted him out will grant him federal might which will help him win and probably restart his fading career?
all those support during campaign are just fake and deceit to make him loose guard.
mark my word 2023 it's either buhari picks his preferred candidate from the south which is definitely not Tinubu or Osinbajo
or he'll allow Tinubu and his clique have their way and collapse cpc structure with pdp that will field a Fulani.

he doesn't care about APC as a party he only sees them as a useful Ediots and platform in which he came to power.
Buhari is a core pro Fulani expansionist and dominance that's why he's a god in the north.

the north as a collective borrowed GMB the political strength he enjoys in the north. we. will collect it before 2023. his poor performance is a bitter lesson. if the south is united in both parties they will gain power if they fail the north takes it but after GMB APC will be dead or restricted to a region
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by friar: 11:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
I wonder how Taiye Francis Akerele would be feeling right now. LOYALTY
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by EdiskyHarry: 11:40pm On Sep 20, 2020
Edo is not Lagos.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by Misterdhee1(m): 11:43pm On Sep 20, 2020
EdiskyHarry:
Edo is not Lagos.
It will take Edo several centuries to even measure up to ordinary surulere. But kudos to edo people, they stood up for what they want and that's the beauty of democracy
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by oneunited(m): 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
Built2last:
The Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man. Do You Agree?

THIS IS MY HERO IN EDO STATE ELECTION

In anything you do in life, look for loyal men. When you are drowning they will stretch to save you. When the storms starts, they will cover you. When they are made offers to betray, their conscience wont allow them.

This man in the picture is Obaseki's deputy. Comrade Philip Shaibu. Before Ize Iyamu was approached to decamp from PDP to APC to run the APC ticket. The offer was first made to Shaibu. He would have been the man challenging Obaseki today if he accepted Oshiomole's offer. Shaibu said I cannot betray my boss Obaseki.

He said him and Oshiomole have suffered oppression in their struggle for democracy and he wont dish out oppression to another man. He remained with Obaseki despite the pressure. Few weeks ago. The press man interviewing him asked him. What if you lose the election? He said he will rather lose honourably than betray his boss. He said he wont support the oppression of Obaseki.

This comrade is a force in Edo State politics. Oshiomole fears him in rural politics. He was instrumental to Oshiomole all through his campaigns and tenure. He has stayed with Obaseki and refused decamping. He was silent all through the heat of this election working dangerously underground. Their efforts were cemented with U.S and UK visa ban which weakened the planned usual federal might Oshiomole was banking on.

Comrade Shuaibu represents the man I will like to be to any politician I chose to support. Loyal men are rare. If you find one like Shaibu, hold him dearly. Well done to Shaibu. Congratulations to him and Obaseki.

So Godwin Obaseki won't be his godfather in 2024 when he will want to be the Governor? Finger crossed,4years nah 2moro!
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by Respect55(m): 11:47pm On Sep 20, 2020
ollymooreagain:
..I don't know how you want Godwin under the unbreller in the raining season to loose

Nawaoooo
Lose
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by chimeziedickson: 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2020
That's is what loyalty is.....God bless you sir....your time will come soon]
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by EdiskyHarry: 11:51pm On Sep 20, 2020
Misterdhee1:

It will take Edo several centuries to even measure up to ordinary surulere. But kudos to edo people, they stood up for what they want and that's the beauty of democracy
We are saying the same thing, Edo is not Lagos.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by Tdave01: 11:52pm On Sep 20, 2020
Obaseki also did same for him when PDP insisted on given Obaseki a running mate, obaseki stood his ground that it has to be Philip Shuaibu. Iron sharpeneth Iron. Congratulations to both of them and a big congratulations to Edo state in general. They succeeded in sending god father back to his iyamho village where he truly belongs. Thanks to the President for given a level playing ground and allowing the people of Edo to make their choice.

1 Like

Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by Gval123: 11:57pm On Sep 20, 2020
Few brave men. That's how you become relevant by doing the unusual thing. Oshomole is finished in Edo state. This man condemned and insulted the big wings in Edo when he became Governor, now he wanted to become that which he condemned. Edo nor be Lagos, if u shout them go shout back, if shoot them go shoot back .

2 Likes

Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by Xfemt(m): 11:59pm On Sep 20, 2020
emilo2bad:

oshiomhole defeated both of them in Edo North
DAT means u don't know any tin wen it comes to play politics. wen I say de re grass root politicians I simply mean they re der to divide votes in strong holds of APC and co and guess Wht they succeeded and DAT Wht oshomole didn't Ve.

ok bye
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by One4me: 12:07am On Sep 21, 2020
Built2last:
The Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man. Do You Agree?

Well done to Shaibu. Congratulations to him and Obaseki.

BELOW IS THE ARCHITECT OF PDP'S VICTORY IN EDO STATE.
Dont be fooled, its all about ensuring a Northerner rules Nigeria for another EIGHT YEARS, from 2023.
. undecided undecided
Any other thing is just collateral damage/advantage

Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by juneman: 12:18am On Sep 21, 2020
Very correct
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by kenodrill: 12:23am On Sep 21, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:

Nice analysis.but what baffles me is how people still see buhari as an empty headed skull but yet still give narratives that shows he's so fucking smart.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by AAPS(m): 12:35am On Sep 21, 2020
Ok

1 Share

Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by darediamond(m): 12:53am On Sep 21, 2020
martineverest:
the federal APC repayed obaseki by asking neutralising federal might as they used obaseki to pull oshiomole out of APC chairmanship...the real mvps are fayemi,elo rufai, amechi,rochas etc
It is still about "Divide And Rule" so those ones you said are mvps are nothing before them!!
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by darediamond(m): 1:00am On Sep 21, 2020
tempusfugit:
Attualy oga edo people vote for individuals not party, suppose the relationship between oshiomole and obaseki was stable, obaseki in apc , ize iyamu in pdp , in this election apc would have won this election without any struggle!!!! Am edo man and I know my people very well
And that instability is what BUHARI and The Northern Canals are looking for.
It is still divide and rule strategy.

Greediness and Arrogance of some Politicians from South Altogether will always make HAUSA/FULANIS Divide and Rule strategy work to keep dominating we SOUTHERNERS altogether.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by fof1: 1:01am On Sep 21, 2020
Built2last:

In anything you do in life, look for loyal men. When you are drowning they will stretch to save you. When the storms starts, they will cover you. When they are made offers to betray, their conscience wont allow them.

This man in the picture is Obaseki's deputy. Comrade Philip Shaibu. Before Ize Iyamu was approached to decamp from PDP to APC to run the APC ticket. The offer was first made to Shaibu. He would have been the man challenging Obaseki today if he accepted Oshiomole's offer. Shaibu said I cannot betray my boss Obaseki.

He said him and Oshiomole have suffered oppression in their struggle for democracy and he wont dish out oppression to another man. He remained with Obaseki despite the pressure. Few weeks ago. The press man interviewing him asked him. What if you lose the election? He said he will rather lose honourably than betray his boss. He said he wont support the oppression of Obaseki.

This comrade is a force in Edo State politics. Oshiomole fears him in rural politics. He was instrumental to Oshiomole all through his campaigns and tenure. He has stayed with Obaseki and refused decamping. He was silent all through the heat of this election working dangerously underground. Their efforts were cemented with U.S and UK visa ban which weakened the planned usual federal might Oshiomole was banking on.

Comrade Shuaibu represents the man I will like to be to any politician I chose to support. Loyal men are rare. If you find one like Shaibu, hold him dearly. Well done to Shaibu. Congratulations to him and Obaseki.

His he from Edo South? If he Runs will he Fulfill Edos Political Equation and Zonibg Aggrangement?
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by Rawhumper(m): 1:09am On Sep 21, 2020
[

I Can relate with You very well.
As for Tinubu, he is a goner like Adams no doubt about that.

PDP should never present a Northerner in 2023, it will cause Tinubu to align with The Ibos as a desperate measure and if The South unite with The North Central new found hatred against The core North, The South will be victorious.

I believe the north central must have counted their cost, after what
they passed thru BH and Bandits as well as high rate of poverty and
corruption under the present admin. Will not hesistate to back the
South except they Want to continue to be Pawns in the Hands of
the Hausa/Fulani.

I SAY IT AGAIN, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS,PDP SHOULD NEVER FIELD A NORTHERNER IN 2023 IF THEY WANT TO COME BACK TO POWER.....AM SURE THE NORTH CENTRALS SUPPORT FOR THE SOUTH.

quote author=IgbalodeRaymond post=94139638]Buhari will rather cede 2023 to PDP who will field a northerner (Fulani) than to allow Tinubu take power.

Buhari is a core pro Fulani expansionist and dominance that's why he's a god in the north. [/quote]
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by Bizibi(m): 1:20am On Sep 21, 2020
poiunt:
I think oshiomole and tinubu knew they will lose when they didn't get federal backing.

For tinubu to come out publicly to say "do not vote for obaseki" is desperation that shows they lacked the backing from Buhari.

This is a lesson and a new political strategy, just because this chess game obaseki did to decamp to pdp at the last minutes worked for him does not mean it can work in other states but it is a political lesson.

Now obaseki will have to remove some disloyal members in his government and replaced them with pdp.

As for oshiomole, his political career is finished, he couldnt deliver 2 states

As for tinubu, his relevance and influence is reducing.

Welcome the New Godfather Of Edo State politics Obaseki
obaseki is not a godfather.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by Bizibi(m): 1:23am On Sep 21, 2020
Rawhumper:
[

I Can relate with You very well.
As for Tinubu, he is a goner like Adams no doubt about that.

PDP should never present a Northerner in 2023, it will cause Tinubu to align with The Ibos as a desperate measure and if The South unite with The North Central new found hatred against The core North, The South will be victorious.

I believe the north central must have counted their cost, after what
they passed thru BH and Bandits as well as high rate of poverty and
corruption under the present admin. Will not hesistate to back the
South except they Want to continue to be Pawns in the Hands of
the Hausa/Fulani.

I SAY IT AGAIN, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS,PDP SHOULD NEVER FIELD A NORTHERNER IN 2023 IF THEY WANT TO COME BACK TO POWER.....AM SURE THE NORTH CENTRALS SUPPORT FOR THE SOUTH.

quote author=IgbalodeRaymond post=94139638]Buhari will rather cede 2023 to PDP who will field a northerner (Fulani) than to allow Tinubu take power.

IgbalodeRaymond:

there is even a hush rumour within aso villa that gej is one of the options.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man by NNAMDIII(m): 1:39am On Sep 21, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bala Haruna Dies After Swimming In Gutter Water To Celebrate Buhari Reelection? / President Buhari Laughs As Masked Osinbajo Meets Him For Briefing (Photos) / Three Female Police Officers Stripped In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.