Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) (147264 Views)

Black Maria 5 - Retribution (The Final Book) / Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun / Maria: The Sequel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by UCMax1: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2020
Outstanding write-up!
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by mirousmart: 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2020
Larry, I don finally come out of the ghost ready.........nice piece
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by doctorbrainy(f): 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2020
Good work
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Brightdboy01: 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2020
who among u is peter black? am very sure this is were black nemesis began.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by EkopSparoAyara(m): 10:19pm On Oct 06, 2020
Peter Black might have thought he was a Don in the business of recklessness, just a few days here and it has dawned on him that he was still in Kindergarten class in this institution of social vices..

Who could be looking for Peter Black?

Larrysun, this suspense is still too early na, chaii..

BRAVO LARRYSUN
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by alabig(m): 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
The question that makes Peter to be apprehensive, the fellow prisoners to be curious, the albino taradidle to be true, and the prison governor to have more attentive ears to his perusing question.

Indeed, who among you is Peter Black

Well-done Larry.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Sazzy07(m): 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2020
LarrySun:
Thank you, sir. The story has been with me even before I started writing. It has refused to remain bottled up inside me.
Local Man must become better. Thank You for what you do.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by djbasket(m): 1:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
Oga larry
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by chioma8(f): 4:05pm On Oct 12, 2020
No update...... Larrysun hope you're ok?
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by jadeliyi(m): 10:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
mr larrysun hope you join the a Luta against #endsars
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Uzyvicks(f): 6:30am On Oct 13, 2020
Chai oga Larrysun, no update for this week?��
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Vidamia(m): 7:25am On Oct 13, 2020
I thought larrysun said he has 25 pages of this story
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Echetex: 8:42am On Oct 13, 2020
Oga Larry we have been waiting for the new episode.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by ifemism02(m): 2:46pm On Oct 13, 2020
Larrysun the Boss, hope you're good sha? abeg cum give us this meal o... SARS no go collect your gadget o........
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Uzyvicks(f): 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2020
Mr Larrysun okkk, you are still protesting the "END THE SARS CAMPAIGN", e don do naw, come and gist us the next episode jor��
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Eddyella(f): 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2020
Waoh!!!!
It's been long...
Just came across dis today.
Mr Larry abeg stop putting us on suspense.The suspense z killing me seriously....
#please
#joor
#biko
#abeg
Do something ���
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by aduragbemi1235: 2:01am On Oct 16, 2020
Wow ghost mode deactivated
Thanks Larrysun.
More inspirations.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Osjaay(f): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2020
LarrySun:
Hahahahaha! What makes you think I'm black-skinned?
aren't you wink
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by LarrySun(m): 9:51am On Oct 18, 2020

Update 4

Peter Black’s heart almost jumped out of his chest. He had always prided himself on his ability to remain calm under tense situations; but this time around, he found it tough to keep a calm state of mind. This was prison for crying out loud, anything could happen to anyone at any freaking time. After seeing what had just been done to that poor human rights activist, he knew he was standing on eggshells. Any wrong step and he could be messed up pretty bad. Besides, the fact that the prison governor was calling him out in that harsh tone told him that he might be in some serious trouble. He wondered what he had done wrong within the first hour of arriving in this prison.

“I said who among you is Peter Black?” the governor asked sternly again. He was a stout and tall man, his pot-belly stood out as if he was suffering a generational curse. His bald head shone in the sun and sweat was beginning to trickle down the corner of his face. He looked hideous in his expression. Peter wondered who he was supposed to fear more: the governor or the guards? He guessed the governor was someone he shouldn’t cross. It suddenly occurred to him that to survive in this place, he had to exert an extra level of wisdom. For some reasons still unknown to him, he had drawn an unnecessary attention to himself.

He pondered whether he should refuse to acknowledge himself or not. His mind split on two. One part told him to not signify himself. If the governor could be calling on him in the presence of everyone, that meant the prison didn’t have his information. The man wouldn’t be asking for him this way if he had his information. Another part of his mind also warned him that refusing the man’s call could be detrimental to him. If the man later found out that he was the said Peter Black, it could spell doom for him. Sooner or later, someone was going to realise who he was. If the prison didn’t have his information now, it would surely have it tomorrow or the day after. It would be wise for him to show himself now. Whatever he had done wrong would only be worse if he tried to hide his own identity, especially to the governor, of all people. This was where he might possibly be spending the rest of his life; for how long did he think he was going to keep the ruse going? At this stage, refusing to acknowledge who he was might not be wisdom but utter stupidity. Peter was still contemplating about what to do when the governor spoke again.

“If you refuse to show yourself now, you are only making things worse for yourself. I have your file in my office. You don’t want me to go back there and get it,” said the man.

“He’s bluffing,” some spoke into Peter’s head.

“You must think you’re very smart, Peter Black or whoever you are,” continued the governor, “If you’re as smart as you think, then why are you here? If you were really smart, you wouldn’t have got caught. But you were caught. There have been smarter people who have come and gone out of this prison. You wouldn’t be the first prisoner who thinks himself so smart. If I have to go back to my officer and retrieve your file, I will make your stay here a living hell.”

“You’re digging your own grave, Peter,” another voice told him.

“If you know what is good for you, show yourself right now. You have ten seconds to decide. I want to know if you are really as smart as you think you are. Your time starts now.”

Peter cast his face downward, stepped out of his line and walked towards the governor. “I am Peter Black,” he said to the huge man. He could hear some murmurs among his fellow inmates as he confessed his identity.

“That’s Peter Black?” one inmate asked another.

“I’m shocked,” another said.

“So Peter Black is really in this prison?”

“It’s unbelievable!”

Peter could feel over a thousand eyes drilling holes of inquisition through the back of his skull as he faced the governor.

The man looked down at him with total interest. For a moment, Peter thought the governor might be under a kind of hypnosis as he continued staring down at him without saying anything. Then after what seemed like aeons, he finally broke a broad smile and said:

“So you’re the infamous Peter Black?”

Peter cast his face downward.

The governor’s expression suddenly became serious. “Are you sure you’re Peter Black. You would be putting yourself in serious trouble if I found out that you were an impostor. Like I said, I’m the last person any one of you might want to cross. It’s in your best interest to be on my good side.”

“I am Peter Black, sir,” Peter confessed again.

The man’s smile appeared once again. As he smiled, his full moustache ruffled and spread wider. “Then why did you refuse to show yourself when I was calling your name?”

“I’m sorry. I was scared.”

“Scared about what?” the man snapped.

“I thought I did something wrong, sir?”

“Did you do something wrong?”

“No, sir.”

“Then what makes you think you did something wrong?”

Peter had no answer to that question.

“What is your plan, Peter Black?”

Peter looked up in surprise. “Plan, sir?”

The man carried a smirk on his face as he said the next words: “You’re planning to break out of this prison, aren’t you?”

Peter Black was dumbfounded. How the heavens did he know that? he wondered. Is the man a kind of psychic? The only way he could possibly know this was if the governor was reading his mind, because Peter knew he didn’t tell anyone about his plans. Could it be ordinary suspicion? Even if it was, the suspicion was still a strange one. Out of hundreds of prisoners brought in today, the governor had to call him out – single him out – and then accuse him of trying to break out of jail. If the man knew he really wanted to break out, then Peter knew he was in great trouble.

“I don’t understand what you’re saying, sir,” Peter said. He had to choose his words carefully. Any wrong utterance could land him in a pot of hot soup. At this juncture, Peter suspected that he was not standing on eggshells anymore, he was standing on a blade of grass.

The governor’s expression turned furious. “You don’t understand what I’m saying? What do you think I am? A fool? I have been running this prison for over twenty years. I have dealt with worse scum than you. You’re not going to break out of here, I assure you that. you may think you are smart, but you’re not half as smart as you think you are, and I’m going to prove it to you. If you know the best thing for you, just resign your faith to the fact that you will be spending the rest of your life behind these walls. And if you refuse to do so, there’s only one other solution – you will be shot dead,” he turned to the others, “And that goes for every one of you here today. If you are not awaiting execution or you have not been condemned to life, then you still have hopes. I will advise you to spend your sentence honourably and leave honourably. If you try to cut corners, you will only find yourself six feet under. Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, governor,” a few of them responded in unison.

The governor turned back to Peter. “As for you, Mr Black, my eyes are on you. As a matter of fact, the eyes of all the guards are wardens are on you. You may have eluded the police for so long, but you are not going to outsmart anyone here. This is my kingdom and you will have to play by my rules or there will be grave consequences.” The man stopped, took a deep breath, briefly shut his eyes and sighed audibly.

“Last year, a young man broke out of this prison,” he started, “And since then, I have never been the same person. Of course the police are still searching for him, but I doubt if he would ever be found. It has been over a year and the trail has gone cold. The criminal broke my twenty year record and I’m not going to allow another of such incident repeat itself. As it is, my career is on the line. A prisoner broke free under my care, the board is still reviewing my situation. They may decide to terminate my appointment or force me to retire. I’m surprised that I’m still here. Although a year has passed since the incident, I know actions may still be taken against me anytime. Perhaps I’m being given a second chance. So, I’m not going to allow you ruin that chance for me. I have given the guards strict order to shoot anyone they catch trying to escape. So, like I said, if you try t break out of this prison, you will only be digging your own grave. If you cannot accept your faith, then you should be ready to bear the consequence of your own action.” He stopped again and stared at Peter as if he just noticed him standing in front of him. “You are a good-looking young man, Peter Black, and you look responsible. I wonder what has led you to become a notorious thief. You wasted your god-given potential by becoming a thief. It’s such a pity.

“But you have the chance to redeem yourself, Peter Black. You can forget the duration of your sentence and decide to live a better life for yourself. Being in prison is not the end of your life. The only difference between here and life outside there is that your freedom is limited. You can live a comfortable life here if you do all the right things. Prison is never the end. There are various opportunities you can gain while being here, son. First and foremost, we have a programme for anyone who wishes to further in their education. Anyone who is interested you let me know so that I can put you through on what to do. There are other benefits too; if have no interest in that, you can learn some other basic skills, like carpentry, painting, bricklaying, tailoring, plumbing, even farming and some other stuff. No one is here to hurt you; you just have to play by the rules and you will be fine. Like I already said, it is better you’re on my side than for you to go against me.”

Peter was not hearing anything else the man was saying, he was thinking deeply about the words he had just heard. It just occurred to him that this might be his chance to gain the necessary education he was unable to achieve out there. It was ironic that it was being offered him on a platter of gold right here. Although he had no plan to use whatever degree he gained, but it would be satisfying to know he was certified, that he was educated.

“Thank you,” he heard the man speak. “I will take my leave now and each one of you will be assigned your cell.”

“Excuse me, sir?” Peter suddenly said.

The man stopped and turned around. “Yes, what is it, Peter Black?”

Peter walked close to the man so that the other inmates would not hear his words. As he approached, the guards blocked his way.

“It’s okay, let him pass through.”

Peter moved close to the governor and said, “Who told you I wanted to break out, sir?”

He was regarded with a blank stare. “And why should I tell you that?”

“I just want to know, sir.”

The governor regarded him again, shrugged his shoulders and said, “Well, it’s not like you would go and confront the person. It was Officer John Balewa who gave me that information. He telephoned me a few hours ago.”

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Osjaay(f): 10:39am On Oct 18, 2020
@larrysun, there's an ongoing novel writing contest going on, here's the link,
http://www.tapread.com/activity/visioncontest

1st price is 500 dollars

1 Like

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by LarrySun(m): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2020
Osjaay:
@larrysun, there's an ongoing novel writing contest going on, here's the link,
http://www.tapread.com/activity/visioncontest

1st price is 500 dollars
Awesome! Thanks a lot.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Eddyella(f): 2:49pm On Oct 18, 2020
This officer JB sef na problem...
Welldon,boss Larry...
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Kaycee9242(m): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2020
JB busy body no be here, Larry thanks for d update
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Nmezor(f): 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2020
Thanks for the update oga Larry...Gosh, Basky is so annoying
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Bukolaberry(f): 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2020
thanks for the update, basket should let him be for once, you sent him to prison and still torment his life with the limited freedom he has, missing boniface already imagine what would have happened to basket if boniface is alive

2 Likes

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Ann2012(f): 11:00pm On Oct 18, 2020
Officer JB wahala too much jare

Thanks for the update
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Kaycee9242(m): 10:16am On Oct 19, 2020
Bukolaberry:
thanks for the update, basket should let him be for once, you sent him to prison and still torment his life with the limited freedom he has, missing boniface already imagine what would have happened to basket if boniface is alive

I Dy tell u, Larry should have allowed Boniface to live a little longer and teach dt JB small lesson
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by EkopSparoAyara(m): 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2020
Officer John Balewa, I lack the right words to describe your level of gross cruelty..

Like Kaycee9242 and Bukolaberry, I am of the opinion that, Officer John Balewa should have been allowed to taste a little of Roberto Bonifacio's wrath directly..

He should thank his stars.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Doubra12(m): 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2020
This officer JB and his problems sef, anyway thanks for the update.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by kayus621(m): 9:53am On Oct 20, 2020
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by kayus621(m): 9:54am On Oct 20, 2020
For all I know black Maria is a story that is based on two thieves (Black and Maria) hence the name "Black Maria"
Something tells me Maria is still alive, Larrysun is only trying to make us believe she's dead.
Yinka killed Bonifacio with the gun he got from the battlefield.
There's something about Dr rukwe I just can't place my hands on it,(whose side is he on?)

For those of you saying that officer John Balewa should have been allowed to taste the wrath of Bonifacio,what you don't know is that John Balewa is the boss here and Bonifacio is just a distraction while Peter is the actor and Maria is the assistant actor wink grin

I drop my pen

Sorry I mean, I drop my phone

No I mean, I stop typing cool cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Inkopere: 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2020
Thank you for making nairaland sweet, this story is just too interesting, I believe Peter will be out of jail maybe after his education

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) / Meant To Be / WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.