Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,512 members, 7,808,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) (147326 Views)

Black Maria 5 - Retribution (The Final Book) / Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun / Maria: The Sequel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Bukolaberry(f): 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2020
Larry the legend, thanks for the update basket should focus his energy on being in blacks good book, it's no longer business as usual
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Ann2012(f): 9:59pm On Nov 22, 2020
Thanks for the update boss

This is just the beginning of many confusions CJB
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:13pm On Nov 22, 2020
honourable356:
He smile affectionately...

Where are the trending stories?
Has any of the giants drop new stories here apart from Larry?

I don't know where to start from..
Lot of newbies...
And i am guessing there are a lot of uncompleted stories..

Don't know which to click on..

Hope you have been motivating many of these writers orally?

He smile...
Best morning!

Centino took a break.
Souloho19 suffered an accident and is still recuperating..
Larrysun has been dropping back to back..
Kayo80 has been there too..

I am yet to follow any new story, they're lots of them but lately, I've been reluctant to check them, I guess you know why..

Speaking orally,to some extent,yes, I do exchange mails with Centino, I do converse with Larrysun via WhatsApp.

That's just what it is..
Once again, welcome back..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Davidzy23(m): 11:52pm On Nov 22, 2020
Thanks for the update Larry boss... More power to ur elbow...more ink to ur pen...
Well u nt using a pen, so more words to ur keyboard then...�
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Rick9(m): 2:01am On Nov 23, 2020
Nice one oh. Balewa be careful... ..

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by IgweBUIKE1(m): 5:08am On Nov 23, 2020
interesting story oga larry please try to reduce the explanation so we can cover more ground in the story..
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Abosede512(f): 9:34am On Nov 23, 2020
Thanks for the update, more blessings
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by pelvicky(m): 10:52am On Nov 23, 2020
Thank you mr Larry.

I wish basket all the best
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by StubbornGENIUS: 10:54am On Nov 23, 2020
pelvicky:
Thank you mr Larry.
I wish basket all the best
But basket is not a real karakta.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by ifemism02(m): 11:36am On Nov 23, 2020
My God.... Larrysun thanks again... I cant stop laughing at the part peter said to Basket "You're dense". hahahahahaha.. There's more to this narrative than we know yet. But Larry Where's Yinka and her Sister now?
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by EkopSparoAyara(m): 3:36pm On Nov 23, 2020
Legendary Larrysun, one of the best that there is.. A literal force to be reckoned with..

Peter Black and Chief Balewa's conversation is always roped with lots of humor and sarcasm, I always look forward to thier conversation..

Basket, Peter has said it all, start going to every open place to look for the diamond,lol..

He even went ahead to threaten the Prison Governor, such temerity and insolence.. So much for being a newly promoted Chief Of Police..

BRAVO LARRYSUN..

1 Like

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Doubra12(m): 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
So basket is not satisfied with his current promotion, he is still looking for a way to bring peter black down even in prison, I am awaiting the episode where the black followers will be unveiled, thanks for the update larry
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Inkopere: 10:50am On Nov 24, 2020
Belewa, the demon's younger brother
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Nickymezor(f): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nice update as usual,thanks Oga Larry

1 Like

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Lyzbet: 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
God bless your mind and your writing, Larry
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Abdulreheem(m): 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
basket never knew what await him nemesis will catch up with him too
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by LarrySun(m): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2020

Update 10

III

Peter Black stepped into the governor’s office while the guard who had brought him remained at the corridor, just outside the door.

“You wanted to see me, sir?” Peter asked the huge man who was sitting behind a large desk.

“Have your seat, Peter,” the man ordered.

This surprised Black. He was a prisoner standing in the office of the governor, and he had just been told to sit down. He sat gingerly in the same seat Basket had perched himself a few days ago.

“I’m not going to waste your time here, and I don’t expect you to waste my time either.” The man expected to see Peter react nervously but the young man remained nonplussed. At this stage of his life, nothing really scared him anymore. Just like he had told Basket, he was already down, what else could be done to him besides death. And as a matter of fact, Peter was not scared of that either. He believed it was not yet his time to die. If he was going to die young, he would have died a long time ago, especially the time Chief Balewa ordered his boys to have him killed, and after that, he had escaped death on many occasions. And if he was any superstitious, he would have believed that all the people he knew who have died had died in his stead. But he didn’t believe that – well, the only thing he might believe, so far, was that he was probably cursed. Everyone close to him always ended up dead. He had suspected it and Basket had confirmed it.

“What’s wrong, sir?” Peter asked the man.

“I have just one question for you – What is your plan, Peter Black?”

Peter frowned. “My plan? I don’t understand the question, sir.”

“A few days ago, I received the Chief of Police in this office.”

“The Chief of Police?”

“You know him, don’t you?”

“You mean Bas – John Balewa?”

“Exactly. I heard he paid you a visit first before coming to me.”

“That’s right, sir.”

“He told me you were planning to break out of this prison. Well, he had already informed me about that the day you were brought into this prison. Then he came again to emphasize about it. So, I’m asking you again, what’s your plan?”

“I don’t have any plans, sir. I don’t know where the man must have got the idea that I wanted to break out. I am only here to serve my time. I did not come to cause any trouble.”

The man leaned back and stared at Peter, studying him. “So you mean you have no intention of breaking out?”

“Of course I don’t, sir. Even if I do, how would I be able to escape the guards, the walls, the bars, the gates and the wires? It’s simply impossible.”

“Listen to me carefully, Peter. I like you a lot. Regardless of whatever you might have done to bring you here, I still feel that you’re a nice chap. You don’t look like a criminal to me. That is why I chose to look away concerning the benefits you are enjoying. You are smart and intelligent. You carry yourself with grace and honourable poise. There is something about you that sets you apart from most of the other inmates. That is why you are sitting comfortably in that chair in front of me. Someone has broken out of this prison under my watch before, I will never allow that to happen again. I sincerely hope you are not here to frustrate my career.”

“I have been accused of committing a crime; it is only fit that I do the term, sir.”

“Does that mean that you have accepted the fact that you would be spending the rest of your life in this prison?”

Peter Black almost laughed hysterically at the question. If he had not been in this vulnerable situation, he would have laughed so hard that his intestines would stretch. But instead he merely shrugged and said, “I have no choice now, do I?”

“Good, that is what I want to hear. But in any case, you always have a choice. Even thought you might be condemned to this prison, you can still lead a productive life.”

Peter was not ready for that kind of motivational talk. He wanted to end the discussion as quickly as possible. “Concerning that, I wanted to talk to you about something, sir, if you don’t mind.”

“Oh, please talk to me. That is why I’m here.”

“I’m thinking of joining the prison school.”

“Really?”

“Yes. I want to do something productive with my life.”

The man frowned. “I’m not trying to be pessimistic; I’m just wondering what use that would be for you. The programme is for people who have hopes of leaving the prison someday. If you get your diploma here, there’s no company in prison that would hire you. I know I’m not being professional with what I’m saying. These kinds of words should not be caught in my mouth. But I’m being realistic here; the programme is not for someone of your situation.”

“Does that mean that I don’t qualify?”

“Oh no! Of course not! I’m only telling you that you don’t need it.”

“It does not matter if I need it or not, sir. What matters is what I want. And I want to be educated. I want to be certified even if I would never use my certificate.”

The man was silent for a moment, then he asked, “What was your qualification before your arrest?”

“Well, I don’t really have any qualification. The only diploma I have to my name is my primary school leaving certificate. I was writing my Senior School Certificate Examination but was unable to complete it for some obvious reasons.”

The governor nodded. He perfectly understood what Peter meant, and for another reason unknown to him, he felt sorry for the young man.

“How old are you now, Peter Black?”

“I’m twenty-five years old, sir.”

“Well, it’s still not too late for you to achieve whatever you want – it’s never too late, no matter what age you are. In about three months’ time, there would be an SSCE. I will register you for the examination. But you will have to study very hard to be able to meet up.”

“That’s not going to be a problem as long as I have the right materials.”

“Don’t worry about that. I will provide all the textbooks you will need.”

Peter bowed his head in gratitude. “Thank you, sir.”

“Come back to me in three days and all your textbooks will be ready. If you can pass the examination, then you will be able to join the tertiary class. What course would you like to study?”

Peter thought for a moment. Then he suddenly smiled and said, “Law.”

The governor laughed. “That’s not going to be possible. Felons cannot study law.”

“Then I will have to think of another course.”

“I will give you a brochure that would help you select the right course to study.”

“Okay, sir. That would be very nice of you.”

“It’s my job.”

Peter started to rise. As he got to the door, the governor called him back. “There’s one finally question I need to ask you, and I would appreciate your honest reply.”

“Of course, sir.”

“Look at the image of the man on the wall by your right. Do you recognise the person there?”

Peter directed his gaze to the picture. He had met a lot of people through the journey of his life. His path might have crossed with this person but he couldn’t recognise the face. This might be one of the people he had robbed in the past, or someone he had helped.

He shook his head. “No, I don’t know him. Who is he?”

“Are you sure you don’t know him? You should take a good look at him.”

“Am I supposed to know him?”

“Are you? I don’t know. Chief John Balewa seems to recognise him. and by the way he’s so devoted to your cause, I’m thinking you might know the man too.”

“I don’t think I know this person.”

“Maybe you might recall him by name – does the name Khalid mean anything to you?”

Peter shook his head immediately. “I don’t know anyone by that name.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m very certain, sir. If I did, I would tell you. I don’t know anyone named Khalid.”

“I’m just wondering why Mr Balewa would claim to know him. He seemed to believe that the man had some connection with you.”

“Who is the man, sir?” Peter asked. “He’s wearing a prison uniform. He must have been an inmate of this prison.”

“You’re right. He was once an inmate of this prison. He was the prisoner who escaped.”

Peter became suddenly interested in the man. “Really?” He was inspired by the person. If Khalid could successfully break out of this prison, then he could too. He decided that he was going to learn as much as he could about the prisoner. Knowing about this person might help his plan. What he would give to have just a five-minute discussion with the man. People had always called him, Peter Black a legend – but he had just found a greater legend. For him to be able to break out of this prison, he must have been a highly-intelligent person. He must have been almost as intelligent as Maria. Peter had never known anyone as intelligent as his late wife.

“If you have any information about him, please do not hesitate to let me know.”

“How would I know anything about the man? I don’t know him.”

The governor shrugged. “Maybe you have met him without knowing. He escaped when you were still outside. Perhaps you two met each other in the criminal world, no offense.”

“I would definitely have remembered meeting someone like you.”

“Anyway, you can return to your cell now.”

As Peter closed the door behind him and was followed by the guard, he kept thinking about the prisoner. He had heard that a prisoner had escaped the prison before but now that he had seen the man’s picture, he was very much interested in him. When he got back to his cell, his cellmate was reading a book. They hardly talked to each other; each had always kept them himself since the first day they met each other. But today, the cellmate was reading Peter Black’s favourite book – Things Fall Apart.

“That’s a wonderful book you’re reading,” Peter said honestly.

The cellmate looked up from the book at Peter and said, “I know. This is not my first time of reading it.” he looked at Peter curiously and said, “You seem to have read it too.”

“I have read it about twenty times. I know every word of it.”

“You must be exaggerating.”

“Twenty times is just an understatement. I have read it a lot more than that. For many years, it was the only literature I was reading. Believe me when I tell you that every word of the book is etched in my brain.”

“That’s interesting,” said the man, “You seem like a very interesting fellow yourself.”

“And you seem knowledgeable.”

The man smiled. “Appearance can be deceiving.”

“Talking of knowledge, are you familiar with a prisoner who went by the name Khalid?”

The man stared at Peter suspiciously. “Where did you hear that name? And what makes you think I would know the person?”

The sudden questions surprised Peter. He suspected that the person must have known Khalid personally. He decided to answer the man’s questions honestly.
“I saw his picture in the governor’s office. The governor was asking me if I know the man.”

“And do you know him?”

“How am I supposed to know him?”

“Then was the governor questioning you about him?”

“Well, John Balewa, the man responsible for putting me here, seemed to know him. And the governor thinks that there may be a connection between this Khalid and me.”

“Did you just say it was Officer John Balewa who put you here?”

“Well, he’s now the Chief of Police. Yes, he’s the one responsible for my incarceration.”

“Well, he put me here too?”

“Tell me you’re kidding.”

“I wish I were. My name is Solomon Kalu. I used to bear the name Solo. Officer John Balewa put me and Murphy in this prison.”

Peter frowned. “Who is Murphy?”

“Murphy Khalid – the prisoner who escaped.”

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Nickshrapnel: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
Make una no forget say LarrySun na baba wink

Look at how the story made connection again
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Abosede512(f): 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
Larrysun you are the best, thanks for the update
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by dhesire(m): 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2020
Larry will never cease to amaze me, this is one hell of a update.
Mature content, so to say.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by viktohmarkz(m): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2020
like what's up larrysun you deh whine me ni look at how you hanged this kind thing were come deh sweet me Kalu?
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by sheba222(f): 6:16pm On Nov 29, 2020
Larrysun with the bomb,oga you wan scattered our brain with this update.thanks

2 Likes

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by francium001: 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
Waoooh!!! .........
this is just my exclaimation after reading the last few sentences, how will Solo feel to know he is sharing the same cell with the man that their own Maria got married to.
Can't wait for the next update
thanks for the update mr. Larrysun

2 Likes

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by samtoolz(m): 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
Larrysun, master of twists. This is where you see the word INTERMISSION in bollywood movies.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by goldbim(f): 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2020
samtoolz:
Larrysun, master of twists. This is where you see the word INTERMISSION in bollywood movies.
As in ehn.......This larrysun is hot!!
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Nmezor(f): 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2020
Wat an interesting update, more ink to ur pen Oga Larry
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by jadeliyi(m): 11:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
oh lord all the dot is ticking well let's see the next stag. weldone man
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by YeSJacky(m): 6:06am On Nov 30, 2020
So, Murphy was smart.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Ann2012(f): 6:16am On Nov 30, 2020
Thanks for the update boss

Operation get to know more about Murphy
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Uzyvicks(f): 7:40am On Nov 30, 2020
Wow! Murphy, solo,Maria and Black. Hahhahaha. Nice one
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by EkopSparoAyara(m): 9:57am On Nov 30, 2020
Legendary Larrysun, A great man in the literature space..

Could this be the same Solo that Maria grew up with?
My curiosity is at the peak right now..

Blackie's curiosity has been piqued too, he will definitely consider himself lucky to be sharing the same space with someone who knows about Khalid..

BRAVO LARRYSUN.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by ifemism02(m): 10:31am On Nov 30, 2020
Gbam, Give it to him..

Larrysun is a banger!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (48) (Reply)

The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) / Meant To Be / WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.