Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,155 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:56 AM

Politics; Live Life, And Ors.; Aftermath Edo 2020 Gubernatorial Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics; Live Life, And Ors.; Aftermath Edo 2020 Gubernatorial Election (135 Views)

Watch Channelstv Sunday Politics Live...a Popular Fulaniman Supporting Obi / #EndSWAT:Dolapo Badmus And Ors Dismissed / Politics: Live As Honorable Lasun Yusuff Distribute Money For Pple in osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics; Live Life, And Ors.; Aftermath Edo 2020 Gubernatorial Election by branhampaul: 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2020
POLITICS; LIVE LIFE, AND ORS.; AFTERMATH EDO 2020 GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION

by
B. PaulPipAr Chima

http://facebook.com/iampaulpipar
http://twitter.com/iampaulpipar
http://paulpipar.cf

Despite where the result might tilt, the coming out to vote was the most important thing.
Let us keep and improve the stride futurely.
Our democracy will surely return to us (the people)!
A great Nigeria awaits us, if we all keep performing our civic duties.
My secondary school teacher taught me that: "Democracy is government OF the people, FOR the people, and BY the people"; this saying is the definition of Abraham Lincoln, and I find it to be the best definition so far.

Despite our several supports for the respective candidates, such is not competent enough to divest us of our predating friendships. As humans, we are bound to have distinct ideas, and we should bear each other a duty to accommodate opposing ideologies. Such is the only way that we can progress speedily as a people - one of the reasons I encourage arguments.
On this note, I say that this election should not disrupt your/our friendship no matter how the result may turn. More or less, these politicians are not aware of our very existence, in all honesty. But does not equate with us not participating in the process. You see! Governance is a collective responsibility thing; if you do not input in the process, then more or less the change you are expecting to get will never come. So despite, we must be involved - by voting, and contributing via opinions, because we are the ones who are being governed.

A good leader is capable of taking his followers farther than they think, such is the antithesis of a bad leader. By a bad leader, I mean a leader who lacks ideologies or progressive goal(s). We all have a definition we give to this concept of "leadership" so the several supports.

You cannot deny the facts that:
The price of fuel;
the amount of good roads;
friendly economic policies; and more, are determined by the government of the day.
The way the government of the day approaches these issues determine the livelihood of the average Nigerian man.
In Nigeria, we choose a government via democracy, and it is a great privilege. It only demands your involvement. So get involved if you really want the change.

Henceforth, if you have the gem to lead, then get involved in Politics!
Hold positions, and make progress in that sector.
If you do not want to lead, then get involved in voicing out your opinions or in selecting leaders.
Do these above mentioned things because it is necessary, and I have spelt out how necessary it is hereinbefore.
The people who hold positions are in no way better than you.
The people who speak out are in no way superior to you.

We are all politicians, only that some of us seek offices to practice the skill ostensibly. As far you determine how things are and how best they should be done, then you qualify as a politician - so basically every human is. Such is why I classify it "ridiculous" for someone to say that "Politician" is his career. Such is the brim of misused thinking and improper use of words.
In all, use your skill for the betterment of the sector you are interested in or where you are.
Nigeria is a great country, only us can make the "great" patent.

Some of you do not voice out opinions because of: fear; unsureness; indecision. But the greatest of these is "what will people say"?
You should rise above such thinking, and start speaking (even if you do not have facts but are convinced).
Do you know you influence people when you speak out opinions? Hence, you affect lives.
That book or speech which changed your life was written by a human being like you who has no two heads. So what is stopping you?

Even if you cannot hold unconventional opinions like I do, then at least hold conventional ones.
If you are scared of criticisms, then you are as good as the dead. No matter what you do, human beings will surely talk and reason you, so just go ahead with what you want to do. Make dem reason, nah dem know. But be within the confines of not hurting another person's or infringing on rights.
Envy from people is inevitable; so make your works known!

It is a sure bet that you will not live forever, but you can create works or leave legacies that will live for decades.
Affect lives, for such is the greatest thing that you can do. Use that office well, because you will not be there forever.
Above all, life is vanity! So you must enjoy life!

Eat! Drink! Merry! Indulge in pleasure, romance or not! Live! Have experiences! Date the opposite sex! Breakup! Date again! Know where to stop!
Advice.

For PaulPipAr preaches, "it is only he who has lived and has gained experiences, can give advice to another".

Till I write again. Keep living!
So long.

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Youths Back Akpabio, NDDC Interim Management Committee, Warn Detract / NASS Hails Akpabio On Visit, Says Engagement With Executive Will Enhance Checks, / Latest News From Verity News Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.