Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,136 members, 7,807,447 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:40 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (61529 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by slimshay(m): 10:39am On Feb 28, 2011
JUST TO BE CLEAR, ARSENAL IS WINNING THE LEAGUE THIS YEAR!!!

Make una no ves, I neva use capital letters for a while. I sha don tohk my own!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by presido1: 10:43am On Feb 28, 2011
HNIC:

Gerroutofhia
No be your 'brother' Oba martins carry juju enter field. grin
Kos and Szcezny who have had a good understanding for months suddenly became confused. shocked shocked
That black boy called Obafemi sef, scored against us when he was at Inter,Newcastle. . .and now Birmingham
That statement would have been valid, if not for the demons wey Obafemi send to those boys
Oh sorry, somebody told me that Chezny spoke in Polish( Jin dobri) to Kos forgetting that Kos is frenchy.
Lingo problem dia. Is like AW will replace him with a french keeper to avoid lingo problem in future.

We barca will end ur CL pretence while Orient get u outa way in FA cup. You might win the EPL anyway. How about that for consolation after like 7 yrs of barrenness.

Did you see Fab4 and his chewing gun yesterday. Did u hear what the commentator said about that? I sorry for that boy ma-abasi.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 10:50am On Feb 28, 2011
presido1:

Oh sorry, somebody told me that Chezny spoke in Polish( Jin dobri) to Kos forgetting that Kos is frenchy.
Lingo problem dia.
Simple explanation, you can't understand. . . .I say na 'juju' grin
Kos is half french, half polish
So. . .na their 'parapo' suppose strong pass
presido1:

We barca will end your CL pretence while Orient get u outa way in FA cup. You might win the EPL anyway. How about that for consolation after like 7 yrs of barrenness.
If we win the EPL, no one will remember or care about what happened last night
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by presido1: 11:02am On Feb 28, 2011
HNIC:

Simple explanation, you can't understand. . . .I say na 'juju' grin
Kos is half french, half polish
So. . .na their 'parapo' suppose strong pass
He don't understand Polish on Sunday, Juju ko fuji ni. Did u see Van Rqpist twitter be the match, Am suspecting he took egunje from the Hong Kong guy.

If we win the EPL, no one will remember or care about what happened last night
Wake up its almost 10 in the morning. Even if all your opponents will play with 9 A & E patients for the rest of the season are you going to have the mind to go to the bookies and put money for arsenal? Don't tell me you are this wasteful dude.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Ibime(m): 11:12am On Feb 28, 2011
Koscielny is not a top 4 defender. . . na today?

And how about Djorou?

Wenger needs to stop doing ITK jare.

As for that impotent Chamhakh, what is there to say about him?

Shebi una see say Bendtner was the only one trying to make things happen whilst Chamhakh was playing like a lump of wood.

And what is Rosicky still doing at Arsenal? What possessed Wenger to sub Arshavin whilst Rosicky was still on the field?

Does anyone seriously expect me to believe that Denilson and Diaby cannot do a better job than Rosicky?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by v3: 11:24am On Feb 28, 2011
Hannie,

Even the best defenders have had stinkers as well. .Rio, Terry, Puyol (do i continue?). It was a 50-50 ball that could either have been ballooned into the skies or collected by the goalie but unfortunately, the timing of Kos' kick and Shezny calling for the ball was wrong.

You don't punish a defender who's put in a good shift in his first season in english football for this!, yes it was a cup final. .but he certainly ain't the first to commit such blunders.

Even if the game had gone beyond 120mins, whats the probability of Arsenal winning on penalties And you seem to forget Kos was in the SAME arsenal team that beat Brum home&away in the league tongue

It's a mental blow and it'll linger in his memory for a while but he needs to get his poo together ASAP. I'd STILL fault Wenger for his tactical errs. . I mean, why take off Arshavin who made more chances than Rozzy

If we'd won this trophy, i bet the english press will refer to it as the Milk Cup that is NOT even worth celebrating. .as SOME nairalanders would put it.

Onto the next one. . . Tenhutttt!!!

Gunners 1900 cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 11:29am On Feb 28, 2011
^ u dey mind some of us ni ?

nnagadoga ?

by the way see my people w.anking over Barca not knowing they arent so special . . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-510371.2752.html

grin  grin  grin

In that same piece . . Debosky was still praising Chamakh  shocked  grin

@V3

Get serious dude! The reason why those defenders u choose to name are being penned down by u are because they are winners and did not make foolish mistakes when it was most important . . .defenders like Samba and Dawson are good but they will just be 'amulegbes' until they win something, KOS had that opportunity to write his name in the book of history but the demons in him tormented him and the slightest touch from him was enough to disorientate Tech9 . . .what are u still talking about ?

Abeg I no fit dey discuss somebody wey don do enuff schoolboy errors at his age cause gbege for us jare . . .u all keep yapping its his 1st season, whocares?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by slimshay(m): 11:37am On Feb 28, 2011
Docy fi gbogbo iyen le. Bad game na bad game, error na error. Koscielny IS NOT A BAD DEFENDER!!!

Which Chamahk get bad luck. The one he use help Bordeaux carry league for france after 6points down?

Abeg me I don move unto Leyton Orient make una no dey drag person back jare.

Docy you are too experienced for this na haba!! Unto the next one jare.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by v3: 11:41am On Feb 28, 2011
Hannie,
Un hombre, we've STILL got the EPL, FA Cup&UCL*. . so give it a rest, will ya
School-boy error or not, he's been. . good for us smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Ifedisky(m): 11:47am On Feb 28, 2011
Maybe na Manure we go carry vent this fury. Still alive in more ways than one grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by v3: 11:52am On Feb 28, 2011
Ifedisky:

Maybe na Manure we go carry vent this fury. Still alive in more ways than one grin
Na Rooney suppose collect that bullet from Cashley Cole's gun
Anyhoo, Torres plays fine against the boys in red. . so i'm expecting a torrent of chances&goals.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 12:17pm On Feb 28, 2011
They've opened a new thread. grin grin

'Trophyless' people tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Ifedisky(m): 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2011
Tomorrow's the day to knock the stuffing off some people!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by v3: 12:23pm On Feb 28, 2011
chamotex:

I'll be wearing the blue jersey tomorrow&doing DD's "boom boom" goal celebration.Make una just no fall persin hand tomorrow grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2011
v3:

I'll be wearing the blue jersey tomorrow&doing DD's "boom boom" goal celebration.Make una just no fall persin hand tomorrow grin cheesy

Still can't bring myself to wear that hated blue jersey but I'll have it floating from my window so that I can use it to wash my 'yerimbeto' after they've done the biz tomorrow.  cool cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 12:27pm On Feb 28, 2011
chamotex:

another 100 pages of gnashing of teeth. the last thread opened with them nursing their wounds after nani destroyed arsenal at old trafford. this one opened with obafemi martins carrying juju to beat arsenal. trust me, the next one will be discussing how to get wenger sacked. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2011
*Cougar*:

another 100 pages of gnashing of teeth. the last thread opened with them nursing their wounds after nani destroyed arsenal at old trafford. this one opened with obafemi martins carrying juju to beat arsenal. trust me, the next one will be discussing how to get wenger sacked. grin
I hope you are aware that the highlighted was a 'tongue in cheek' comment which has been clearly joked about as one.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 1:01pm On Feb 28, 2011
duduspace:

Still can't bring myself to wear that hated blue jersey but I'll have it floating from my window so that I can use it to wash my 'yerimbeto' after they've done the biz tomorrow.  cool cool

The same way Arsenal was meant to do the business last night? grin grin grin
Smh.

*Cougar*:

Arsenal fans are suffering . . . . suffering from . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 1:04pm On Feb 28, 2011
HNIC:

I hope you are aware that the highlighted was a 'tongue in cheek' comment which has been clearly joked about as one.

are you serious? i thought it was a "tongue in diccccck" comment since gaynners are gays. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 1:17pm On Feb 28, 2011
In the aftermath, you will inevitably get commentary like this.

However, I simply believe this was a mental issue rather than performances on the pitch as such. For whatever reason, the pressure got to the boys and they cracked.

This was not a performance issue per-se. . . . if your goalie calls for a ball, you would usually leave it for him. As for the goalie, when you call for a ball, you expect to save it.

The mistake happened and that was it - a mistake, albeit a costly one.  No different IMO to Terry slipping in the CL final and skying his penalty. grin

There is still a missing element in this team, and it has to do with their mentality.

To those criticizing Chamakh, go and get glasses and rewatch y'day's game - he came on, won tackles and crossed a ball into the box which Bendtner miscontrolled and that Rozzi couldn't tap in.

To those criticizing Bendtner, he created a chance that didn't quite come off, but he created nonetheless.

To those saying things like you couldn't beat 'ordinary' Birmingham - newsflash, we beat them twice in the league so that is clearly not the issue.

I repeat, this is a mental issue more than anything else - and till that barrier is broken by actually winning something, the doubts will remain.

I cannot fault players who dealt with Stoke's aerial onslaught a few days ago and deem them rubbish - they need to be able to deal with the pressure and this is where AW needs to earn his paycheck.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by ritchboy(m): 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2011
Part of the problem is Wenger hasn't signed a proper winger in ages. . . He'd rather play CAMs and more recently even target men like Bendtner wide.

[size=5pt]Sanchez scored 4 goals yesterday. . . Sign him up!!!(na beans?)[/size] grin grin grin

Barca away in UCL, Man Utd away in FA Cup, and 4 points adrift in the league. . . Deja vu? cheesy

I siddon look.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by codedguy1(m): 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2011
ritchboy:

Part of the problem is Wenger hasn't signed a proper winger in ages. . . He'd rather play CAMs and more recently even target men like Bendtner wide.

[size=5pt]Sanchez scored 4 goals yesterday. . . Sign him up!!!(na beans?)[/size] grin grin grin

Barca away in UCL, Man Utd away in FA Cup, and 4 points adrift in the league. . . Deja vu? cheesy

I siddon look.

OL boy, try beat orient first naaa grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 1:54pm On Feb 28, 2011
debosky:

This was not a performance issue per-se. . . . if your goalie calls for a ball, you would usually leave it for him. As for the goalie, when you call for a ball, you expect to save it.

nonsense. where is the evidence your goalie called for the ball? if he called for the ball then he wouldn't have spilled it. the fact is, he wasn't expecting the ball. he expected koscielny to clear the danger. you guys should stop deceiving us the keeper called for the ball. there was no communication at all between koscielny and the goalie. koscielny was at fault and he should be clearing that ball. . . .

then you come here to tell us it was a mistake and it's the same with terry slipping in moscow. are you still deluded? anyone going into a penalty shootout knows it's a 50-50. birmingham scored from open play in what should have been a routine catch for your goalie if the defence had done their job. there's no luck in football. arsenal lost yesterday because you don't have quality players in your defence. maybe koscielny was unlucky to have been born brain-dead but then it begs the question. . . . . .why does he play for arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 1:59pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^
It appears as if Chez called for the ball, hence Kos pulled out of the clearance to allow him to catch the ball.

Without being on the pitch, there is no way I can be certain that call was made.

There is no certainty that the GK would've caught the ball if the call was made/not made. It was an error that perhaps only Kos and Chez will ever be able to explain. . . .and even they might  not be able to explain it.

Like I said, maybe the pressure got to them - nowhere did I mention luck.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 2:01pm On Feb 28, 2011
@Hannie
Its no point arguing who should have played or shouldnt have notice i didnt say anything about Walcott or Fabregas. Because IMO its a big phocking disgrace for us to have been beaten by this Birmingham team despite the fact that the ref almost aided and abetted us. At times its almost like these players take joy from disgracing their fans cos just when you think they would turn the corner they wind up phucking up even more

@dipo2much
Sagna and Wilshere where actually at fault for the first goal look it up again

@Ibime
I questioned Rosicky's use at Arsenal after the Man U game and peeps said i was having a knee-jerk reaction! TBH even Arshavin had a stinker aside the assist he made!! I cant count how many attacks broke down because of him

@Duduspace
Yesterday's match has shown now that even if Chelsea,Man City and Man U go dead broke its not likely we would take advantage of their misfortune. No amount of financial fairplay would help a team that is simply not ready to win

No one absolutely no one brought their A-Game last night save not even Van Persie save for the goal if they did we woulda won comfortably! It is not a matter of who played or who didnt! This team has no heart just look at how Roger Johnson and Lee Bowyer kept on playing regardless of how many knocks they got! Ben Foster single-handedly kept his team in the game making save after save and most of our players where too lazy to stick a leg in and try to go for a rebound (insert Mario Gomez against Inter) and when they did they fluffed horribly.  You want to be optimistic and hope these boys go on and win something but they have shown too many times that they are just not ready

P.S (Someone should tell Sagna to stop crossing into an empty box 18! Its annoying each time he hoofs the ball in there knowing fully well no one is there)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 2:02pm On Feb 28, 2011
debosky:

^^
It appears as if Chez called for the ball, hence Kos pulled out of the clearance to allow him to catch the ball.

Without being on the pitch, there is no way I can be certain that call was made.

There is no certainty that the GK would've caught the ball if the call was made/not made. It was an error that perhaps only Kos and Chez will ever be able to explain. . . .and even they might  not be able to explain it.

Why were you not on the pitch then? grin grin
You are clearly far better than these lot. tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 2:03pm On Feb 28, 2011
chamotex:

Why were you not on the pitch then? grin grin
You are clearly far better than these lot. tongue tongue

Still waiting for my work permit. tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 2:05pm On Feb 28, 2011
debosky:

^^

koscielny, having decided to hoof it originally, should simply have stuck with that idea no matter what szczesny said. koscielny was the person in full control of what to do about it when that ball first landed and row z was the obvious option. to pull out like that in the last second is enough to cause a young goalkeeper a problem.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 2:19pm On Feb 28, 2011
*Cougar*:

koscielny, having decided to hoof it originally, should simply have stuck with that idea no matter what szczesny said. koscielny was the person in full control of what to do about it when that ball first landed and row z was the obvious option. to pull out like that in the last second is enough to cause a young goalkeeper a problem.

I don't disagree with anything you've said, which is why I have described it as an error, first by Koscielny, and then by Chez.

Two young players playing in probably the most high profile game of their careers to date were involved in the mix up. I don't regard those mistakes as indicative of their quality.

@ Kit

Act like an elder and don't respond to every post on this thread. Ma so ra e di ediye funfun ti ko mo ra re l'agba.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 2:24pm On Feb 28, 2011
debosky:

I don't disagree with anything you've said, which is why I have described it as an error, first by Koscielny, and then by Chez.

Two young players playing in probably the most high profile game of their careers to date were involved in the mix up. I don't regard those mistakes as indicative of their quality.

how is szczesny at fault? kos can't pull out of clearing the ball at that distance from the keeper. szczesny was surprised koscielny didn't and had no time to react properly!

@ Kit

Act like an elder and don't respond to every post on this thread. Ma so ra e di ediye funfun ti ko mo ra re l'agba.

what is edie funfun? you have lost your ability to spell because of yesterday's loss? it's adie not ediye, you gbongan w@nker! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 2:25pm On Feb 28, 2011
As for the Martins goal Koscielny was clearly at fault its not like Szcesney had a fantastic game either but the keeper had every right to come for the ball but as a defender he had already committed himself to clear that ball and his gaffe put the goalie at a disadvantage! I have seen defenders boot the ball out of the stadium in situations like that regardless of what the keeper says because the worst result would be a throw-in or a corner. If una like make una talk say na because i dey beef Koscielny "oooor"

Isnt it ironic that we actually did what we had been guilty of not doing over the last 5 seasons and that was taking long-range shots!! But like Cech its not quite easy to beat Ben Foster with long range shots perhaps going for placement woulda helped lol or maybe this team is just cursed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 2:29pm On Feb 28, 2011
*Cougar*:

how is szczesny at fault? kos can't pull out of clearing the ball at that distance from the keeper. szczesny was surprised koscielny didn't and had no time to react properly!

He fumbled the ball - that's a mistake.

what is edie funfun? you have lost your ability to spell because of yesterday's loss? it's adie not ediye, you gbongan w@nker! grin

If I catch you ehn, I will hang you by that your hitler moustache. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Paris Saint-Germain: UCL (0 - 2) On 12th February 2019 / Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea - UEFA Super Cup 2 - 2 ( 5 - 4) Pens on 30th-08-2013 / Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.