Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,698 members, 7,802,059 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! (41916 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Date Does This? / Tell Me Your Date Of Birth And I Will Reveal Your Personality To You / Drop Your Date Of Birth, You Might Find A Match On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by jericco1(m): 12:02am On Sep 30, 2020
Princessbettyj:

Lolzzzzzzzzz before nko are we there to look at your face,lmao nobody should attack me biko

When are we going on a date na

1 Like

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by EmperorMaria: 12:11am On Sep 30, 2020
crackhaus:

Is it Nigerian women you're telling this one? cheesy

It's like you've spent too long with uncle Sam and forgotten how your sisters love to enjoy the life their father could not provide for them.

Are u speaking 4 ur father? Bc I don’t knw who are these sisters when they re never urs

1 Like

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by calabardick(m): 1:33am On Sep 30, 2020
Happyguy201:
absolutely brother but then again . nigerian girls have poor mentality most of them think that when you ask them out on a date it means free food and drinks for them

?..anything for the girls generation. Naija girls are always hungry.

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 30, 2020
jornwhite:

it very wrong to order for the next especially when you don't know what there choice might be ... even my bestie of over a decade when we hang out he still ask me what i care despite knowing we drink same thing.
Best advice, date is not by force, if you no get let her know or postpone. outing or no outing who wil date you wil date you.
he can start like this..barman pls bring two malt.one for me one for her..oh would u like malt?..the girl might reply no,a coke will do.i dont think any sane lady if the guy ask her if she would like malt would now be requesting for an expensive red wine.e no dey.dats just d scope of it.Some guys just to proof dem be bigboy will tell the girl to order anything she fancy and when she order four chinken wings and 5 chicken laps plus red wine they will come here crying that a girl ate all their money cheesy.so u see the foolishness in it all.

1 Like

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Happyguy201: 3:50am On Sep 30, 2020
Organs:

Poverty has bastardized you so much youre calling paying for food, materialism, i mean "FOOD"..... Na wah oh. Why should you invite a babe out if you are too poor to take your own self out? Bros, its not by force to flex and blame the babe. Why should a babe pay for her own food when youre the one asking her out and asking her out on a date? Remove your poverty ridden mentality from my mention. Good advice, keep your broke economic reality harsh condition in your father's house or in your wretched apartment. Nobi by force to trip babe then blame babe that she did not pay, or she use too much toilet roll at your house, or asked for plantain with jollof rice or that she did not leave her takeaway for you to use for lunch the next day. Poverty deadhead.

chai tufiakwa . you are a horrible person. in fact a disgrace to who ever gave birth to you .
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 30, 2020
Munzy14:

Making order depends o... but in all, have fun and stay within your pocket....Them no deh give awards for who impress a lady pass... cheesy
exactly ...have fun and stay within ur pocket.if u know wetin she want ur money no fit carry am just tell her if she is a normal human being she will even add her money..no biggie.I dont consider a bottle of malt and a piece of meat or meatpie as expensive.It is not a must u must buy an expensive wine for her.spend witing ur pocket and if she says she wants dis or that u can firmly but gently insist such is not withing your budget.

1 Like

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 30, 2020
Organs:

Shut up poor man. Only a poor shameless man complain about buying food for a lady he is wooing. Double your hustle and change that stupid poor wretched mentality.
grin grin grin grin

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Nobody: 3:58am On Sep 30, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

You hit the nail on the head.

When you invite someone out, order for them if you're not too buoyant. In fact, since you invited them out, take them to a place you can afford even if she foolishly orders a full page. Let men stop trying to overdo themselves. You're not in any competition.
If the guy or babe wants to be innovative in their relationship they can prepare something at home and they go out for picnic..it would make the relationship more fun.Na so dem dey do am for other places.Its not everytime u must go to resuturant but then if u know go just order what is within ur budget.Very simple to handle the issue cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Nobody: 4:14am On Sep 30, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

I like me a girl with a healthy appetite so when we are going out to eat I expect her to eat well. Its part of the fun.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
see ehn i dont understand why ppl fight over food in naija cheesy
see guy last christmas...my first christmas i spent here in dominica omo see as the dominicans spoil us with food.Na buffet sef.chicken laps,turkey,fried rice,boiled beans differrent assortment of drinks..wine,crushed water melon juice,apple juice,different assortment of fruits and the food tasted nice.For here food is not an issue.Nigeria is supposed to have an abundance of food cos our soil is fertile so i no understand why common food like rice,beans are so damm expensive in naija.And for the ladies too make dem get pity on some of these guys.If the guy taking u out looks hungry take pity on him and when he asks u wat u want just say u are ok cheesy.
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Nobody: 4:19am On Sep 30, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
rubbish.

Some of these guys complaining about eating on dates if they go to ordinary church meeting and they don't share food they will be complaining.
lol na rice person never chop b4 wey im go come dey complain again cheesy

1 Like

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by crackhaus: 6:37am On Sep 30, 2020
armyofone:
So if a lady ask a guy out for a date, it is mandatory she pays right?

Like for example paying for crackhaus dinner (he will eat one full rotisserie chicken and finish a whole bottle of cognac grin)

Lmao, why else do you think most naija women hardly ask men out on dates?
It's not just about appearing cheap to a guy, it's also about being actually cheap financially. grin

They'd rather give a man greenlights and wait for him to ask them out... this way, he's the one expected to pay.

One has been telling me I'm owing her a dinner date for more than two months now – if to chop dinner outside dey hungry am, I wonder why she has not invited me to accompany her to a place of her choosing.
She go wait taya for my invitation mehn.

5 Likes

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by crackhaus: 6:58am On Sep 30, 2020
armyofone:
We have to start from somewhere - Sharing info of how things are done. Nothing is set in stones now. Nigerian women can change, that's my belief.

It will be winter season in hell before that will happen.

Even the few females here who claim they don't mind paying for their part of the meal or even the entire date, they are fronting.
Most/all of them, once they do this, will avoid going out on a date with that guy again... grin

3 Likes

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by jornwhite: 7:12am On Sep 30, 2020
lefulefu:
he can start like this..barman pls bring two malt.one for me one for her..oh would u like malt?..the girl might reply no,a coke will do.i dont think any sane lady if the guy ask her if she would like malt would now be requesting for an expensive red wine.e no dey.dats just d scope of it.Some guys just to proof dem be bigboy will tell the girl to order anything she fancy and when she order four chinken wings and 5 chicken laps plus red wine they will come here crying that a girl ate all their money cheesy.so u see the foolishness in it all.

You don't av to start anything ... dating is not by force, n if you must go on date go somewhere you know you can afford whatever your guest choice might be. classy or not make sure its a serene restaurant. why will any sensible man take a lady to a place you know they have basic things you can't afford. For instance, vic just accepted a date buh decline to foot d bill, now instead of taking her to MR biggs or tantalizers nd be forcing her to drink malt & donut, i will take her to mama kass where my savings can simply afford what they av on menu, if she refuses to come then i know she is not d right person 4 me.
Bottomline is if you cut your coat according to your size, you won't be scared your date will reck your pocket. why will any sensible man take a lady to a place you know they have basic things you can't afford.
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Demaestro09: 7:52am On Sep 30, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

There's no need to whip anyone cause you're both saying the same thing.

If you invite someone out, you're mandated to foot their bills, be it a date or a business lunch with a prospective investor. Like he pointed out, paying for meals shouldn't be a problem if you don't have a poverty mentality.

Now with dates, you can weave your way out of footing the bills when you let your date know they'll be paying. Like you said, Mark can ask his wife to pay for their meals and she will. It has nothing to do with if she's working or not. However, you can only request for your date to foot a dinner you prompted if you guys are familiar with each other, in this case, it's completely normal to ask your girlfriend/fiancee/wife to foot the bills. However, do note, you can't pull this stunt on a first date though. The best you can get is a "split bill" arrangement.

Point is: paying for food shouldn't be such a problem in a civilised world, but I know it is being abused in this part of the world. And also, hope you know It's simple courtesy to let your date know how bills will be footed before the date.

So if we are familiar (me and my date) its not a poverty mentality for everyone to foot their bill when we out on a date but if we aren't then it is. Can you listen to yourself cheesy

Wait is this a joke cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Demaestro09: 8:37am On Sep 30, 2020
Organs:

Spouse/wife/significant other/ is not what is referenced here. The gist is about someone you take out on a date. Mumu read and comprehend. Again, it is you that lacks maturity bros, just stick with the akara sellers and the cleaners and waiters you date. You cannot, i repeat you cannot date the people i date. You are too poor mentally to start with.

You must be very stupid for typing this trash here angry

Who are the people you date You piece of shit? You know nothing bro, how much does an average Nigerian date cost, at most 5k. Most guys here can afford it, just that we can stand imbeciles like you making us to feel like it's our duty to foot the entire bill just because we asked her out. In a civilised society everyone pays for their thing, that's more reasonable and rational.

In the US for instance its the norm for everyone to foot his/her bill, that's how things are done in most civilise countries. And no it doesn't equate brokenness as fools like you reason it, far from it.

It's only here in Nigeria that foolish men like you think spending money on a lady on a first date means you love her or something.

I repeat, it those not equal brokenness, more like one footing their bill s but you are seemingly too stupid to get this

My point is : it doesn't takes away from me if I choose to pay for everything on a date, that's just out of my own freewill and volition. Its not a duty or a responsibility. You are making it seem like the lady is entitled for her bills to be paid be me , which makes no sense

2 Likes

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by BBright1: 9:32am On Sep 30, 2020
sapphiere:
The kind of drink I'd order, you'd rather prefer I go for food instead. My drinks are expensive.
u mean u have those drinks at home too?
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Sixfeetbelle: 10:35am On Sep 30, 2020
Demaestro09:

So if we are familiar (me and my date) its not a poverty mentality for everyone to foot their bill when we out on a date but if we aren't then it is. Can you listen to yourself cheesy

Wait is this a joke cheesy grin

Reread my post again, please.
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Sixfeetbelle: 10:36am On Sep 30, 2020
lefulefu:
If the guy or babe wants to be innovative in their relationship they can prepare something at home and they go out for picnic..it would make the relationship more fun.Na so dem dey do am for other places.Its not everytime u must go to resuturant but then if u know go just order what is within ur budget.Very simple to handle the issue cheesy.

Yes. Picnic is nice too. There are lot of ways to have a date without stressing one's self.

1 Like

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Joker09(m): 11:49am On Sep 30, 2020
Demaestro09:

Who are the people you date You piece of shit? You know nothing bro, how much does an average Nigerian date cost, at most 5k. Most guys here can afford it, just that we can stand imbeciles like you making us to feel like it's our duty to foot the entire bill just because we asked her out. In a civilised society everyone pays for their thing, that's more reasonable and rational.

In the US for instance its the norm for everyone to foot his/her bill, that's how things are done in most civilise countries. And no it doesn't equate brokenness as fools like you reason it, far from it.

It's only here in Nigeria that foolish men like you think spending money on a lady on a first date means you love her or something.

I repeat, it those not equal brokenness, more like one footing their bill s but you are seemingly too stupid to get this

My point is : it doesn't takes away from me if I choose to pay for everything on a date, that's just out of my own freewill and volition. Its not a duty or a responsibility. You are making it seem like the lady is entitled for her bills to be paid be me , which makes no sense

I feel you bro, I've been liking your posts, most of these guys are still yet to figure the average Nigerian girls out, they still don't know how cunning these girls are and these girls don't like them at all. They don't know these girls care more about the food they are coming to eat more than the likeness they have for them, they don't know these girls go out on these dates with almost every guy that ask them out(even if they dislike him to stupor) just because of what they are coming to eat to feed their bellies, you could clearly see some of them here saying that they can't have just malt on a first date, that answers the question..
I took one out some time ago, bought drinks, pies and all, can you believe this girl still had the audacity to ask me to buy take away food for her sister, I declined, immediately she still billed me for 3k for her failed business, her plan was to just reap me off that day, get as much as she can from me and discard me. I didn't pay for any of those and she refuse to pick my call again, her problem...
I can spend anything on a date if the girl I'm spending it on is worth it and won't sly the next day but I won't risk that coz a lot of them easily take one for a fool here, (the more u spend, the more they look u like a fool, know this)..It's not even what these girls will eat is the problem, but the feeling of them thinking they've outsmarted you by chopping your money is the problem (you'll be like on top how much? They are so low like that even the ones that work), the next day you'll see them with another guy playing d same game with them. 90% of guys that take them out on dates don't get them, especially those that food is very important to them on dates, they just eat their monies until they are tired, they know who they actually dating, they just leech on gullible guys they reaping off in d name of "dates"

Don't be surprised to take a Nigerian girl out on a date and you see her the next day with another guy on another date, that's what many of them survive on, the moment they realize you've bought food for them on several dates, they discard u and go for the next guy and on and on. That's why it's still fair to split the bills eventhough I know a lot of them won't buy d idea. To avoid all this, it's better not to do dates at all in Nigeria coz it's an avenue to reap guys off. I personally prefer to check them in their place briefly or they come check me instead of 'date', if she's not down with that, that means she would have tried playing games with me if we were to go on a date in the first place, in order words she isn't meant for me.. If you're gonna do dates at all, just buy her a cheap drink and a pie (not some fancy food!)so she doesn't feel she has outsmarted u, that's how you can know who is who.. if she's not comfortable with it, she can take her leave and geddifok.
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2020
Happyguy201:
absolutely brother but then again . nigerian girls have poor mentality most of them think that when you ask them out on a date it means free food and drinks for them
its simply because like attracts like...
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by PrincewithGod(m): 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2020
Dating is the precursor to fornication run from it if you want to stay undefiled. FLEE FROM ALL APPEARANCES OF EVIL!
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2020
2cribz:
Me go on date. Never. Meet me for lounge,bring 1 shawama,1 barbequed fish. After ubdon dey high,pack rest go house. Fuc k u like say tmrw no dey. Shaply 7am i drop u off. No time for dates,all girls be okpo
You are silly for that your last line... you attract okpo because you are the biggest okpo
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by baralatie(m): 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
PrincewithGod:
Dating is the precursor to fornication run from it if you want to stay undefiled. FLEE FROM ALL APPEARANCES OF EVIL!
so how do christains find their spouse
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by PrincewithGod(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
baralatie:

so how do christains find their spouse
Become a Born again Christian and you'll know how we find our spouses.
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by baralatie(m): 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2020
PrincewithGod:

Become a Born again Christian and you'll know how we find our spouses.
so you are saying born again brother will not take a born again sister on a date abi.
the born again brother will ask his pastor to date the sister on his behalf
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Alexaonfleek: 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2020
lefulefu:
lol na rice person never chop b4 wey im go come dey complain again cheesy
Rice shared in a party, gathering or in a restaurant hits differently here in Nigeria grin
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by PrincewithGod(m): 1:13pm On Sep 30, 2020
baralatie:

so you are saying born again brother will not take a born again sister on a date abi.
the born again brother will ask his pastor to date the sister on his behalf
Mt brother, first things first, give your life to Christ, marriage is not a criteria for entering Heaven: Being born again and living holy is. Save your soul from eternal damnation first and stop putting the cart before the horse.
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by baralatie(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2020
PrincewithGod:

Mt brother, first things first, give your life to Christ, marriage is not a criteria for entering Heaven: Being born again and living holy is. Save your soul from eternal damnation first and stop putting the cart before the horse.
so christains don't get married.interesting
Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by EmperorMaria: 1:23pm On Sep 30, 2020
crackhaus:

Lmao, why else do you think most naija women hardly ask men out on dates?
It's not just about appearing cheap to a guy, it's also about being actually cheap financially. grin

They'd rather give a man greenlights and wait for him to ask them out... this way, he's the one expected to pay.

One has been telling me I'm owing her a dinner date for more than two months now – if to chop dinner outside dey hungry am, I wonder why she has not invited me to accompany her to a place of her choosing.
She go wait taya for my invitation mehn.

Upon all d classy women u knw and was brought up around,,,u only talk abt hungry girls. Ur life story is conflicting,,,can’t keep up with ur lies?

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by victorian(f): 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
jornwhite:

Yea ! am asking you out on a date and about the bills not entirely true buh true undecided you will be the only one to eat, me i'm ok with bottle water. so hypothetically paying for what you eat is not absurd.
stop doubting me, how real could i av been, or you want me to take you to cubana or La mango so we end up washing plates grin
If you are not a feminist what are doing on NL, when ur mates are on snapchat, instagram tweking or funnily moving there head 2 a music in BG grin why do gurls even do that shit. lol
I don't know fashion like dat buh am old skool tew, and i also have numerous hiv test reports to certify i am pure.
vic the way you keep rejecting me publicly am afraid no one will be able to beat your record o! ... begging is not in my dictionary buh i don't give up either. maybe we should just do what Op said .. eat from home, problem solved. now i know yu wil change ur mind grin

Smiles don't mind me, no need begging pls.
I'm simply on nairaland to play and possibly advertise one of my biz.
For the records I'm not a feminist and neither am I those type of girls that twerk on instagram, twitter and other online sites to catch a guy's attention. My looks alone does it for me with less stress, while my brain complete the rest for me

My kind of breed is totally different, with all sense of humility.
I believe in using my Brains to keep what I want and evidently I'm in a relationship. I don't double date because that's how Im created no matter the Hurt and dissapointments from exes in my past.
It made me tougher and made me to understand men better.
I'm in a relationship with one of the best of men out there and he's simply an angel sent from above.
We've been in a relationship for like 6months till date . He's all I can ever ask for.
Lemme say a short preview of whom I'm dating so u can understand me better.

He's a Corporate buisness mogul guy from delta state. In his late 30s. Dark skinned with thick bushy eyebrows, cute dude, very cultured, extremely quiet and focused.
And also top investor in my company and businesses in Lagos and delta state.

I don't joke with our relationship and I don't want to double date with any other.

You sound like a nice guy, keep it up. But I'm taken.

Also don't mind my pics on my profile, Its just for fun. Nothing more.

Thanks for the offer. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Everyone, Eat Before Your Date! Haba! by Organs(m): 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2020
Demaestro09:

Bros, first of all, i live in the USA so you cannot tell me what obtains here. I have taken ladies out on dates, Nigerian, Mexican, Caucasian, Brazilian, Asian, you name it. Also, i have colleagues i work with that request to go to Nigerian restaurants just to try out naija food. So i know exactly what i am talking about. Anywhere in the world, if you invite a lady out on a date, be prepared to pay for everything. You are the one taking her out, again, you are poor and wretched if youre complaining about paying for the lady's food. Even those that asked to go to Naija restaurant, it's not even about dating, i insist on paying even though they will argue with me that they requested this and all, but i insist saying i am now their host since they want to try our naija food, I am Nigerian, i am generous like that when it comes to food and that was how i was raised. Even my male friends, we are always fighting over who will pay when we go out cos its FOOD and feeding someone is a blessing. I repeat, it is not an issue for me. Cultures are different, you might be from a culture where you have to say thank you for Food, which is a taboo, where i am from, I will be the one to thank you for giving me blessing by eating with me or allowing me to buy you food. So, conclusively, bros, nobi quarrel, if i take a lady out 20 times, i will pay for her food 20 times. God has blessed me enough that i cannot, i repeat, i cannot have a problem or issue with paying for a ladies food. One advice bros, from today, try this simple test, if you take a lady out, pls and pls pay for her food, do not have an issue with it, just pay it as a MAN, capable, responsible and in authority, and most importantly, PLEASE DO NOT expect anything in return. Just pay and hope that God will reward you handsomely, my broda, it will change you and you will be a much better person. Also, remember to extend the same to male friends as well. Shalom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photos Of An Airman And His Naval Rating Lover / I Think I Am Still In Love With Her But I Need Help! / When A Man You Love Is Too Shy To Woo You, What Do You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.