Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) (16017 Views)

Anambra State University Exam Questions For Final Year Students / How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Two Final Year Students Of UNIABUJA Got Engaged At A Departmental Dinner ( PHOTO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Akolawole(m): 11:28pm On May 12, 2011
tom28:

akolawole,pls a person who is in his twenties is no longer a kid.afterall prince williams is just married at age 28.it is expected tht ppl who attend universities are fully grown adults except if u say its teenagers who attend these private univs

To some people, 18 years old is an adult. I finished secondary school over 20 years ago yet i am a Kid to so many people.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by ziga: 12:11am On May 13, 2011
Mariory:

I noticed that too. However, as you can see nobody cares about the actual picture. I willing to bet there a quite a number on this thread who didn't even look at the picture. This thread is a good study and validates the Power of Suggestion.

You can be sure that a different thread title would have brought about a different general reaction. grin

And yet again, you have been able to prove the Power of suggestion by suggesting that the caption of the post does not represent the actual situation in the picture. smiley smiley smiley
Because your suggestion obviously gathered some believers. . .
netghost:

blah blah blah
a not-so-smart person just felt like starting a post
i think its kind of obvious that all the girls have their hair covered and the other guys standing are students as well, its probably a prayer session
lets stop making noise over rubbish
Danni2:

Check the pic well, some are just sitting down while others are standing. Verdict? Its not true that they are serving punishment cos it is not possible.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by efhem: 5:14am On May 13, 2011
pure madness!!!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 5:15am On May 13, 2011
Imagine!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by 9ja4eva: 5:42am On May 13, 2011
Na wa ooo for Uni.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Koikoi(m): 6:11am On May 13, 2011
dis na small tin. what do expect, when most of the students finished from one private nursery and primary school , enter one private secondary school and from there to bowen or the like? answer, spoon feeding. have you observed any of them writing their projects? its a laugh! a parent of one of such children met me the other day to enquire where he can get his son's project written? have you attended a church service in canaan land recently? observe parents are not allowed to see their children who are students of convenant university after service? these private universities are chunning out infant graduates, who cannot hold their own in the society without running back to their mamas 'to tell'?

the truth's they pay their way thru. some parents do not believe that pple can pass waec and jamb honestly. its sad, very sad

to such 'kids', the punishment is normal. however, the sad irony is that they the 'kids' are the worst in the society morally. they can't do anything straight, so, they always take the 'short cuts' that's leading the country nowhere! note the reaction of a brave person and a coward, like 'okonkwo in thing fall apart'
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 6:25am On May 13, 2011
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by tommi34475: 8:33am On May 13, 2011
jjjkkkooo:

i also knelt down at 400L in FUT AKURE under Dr. Oni its not new.

Great Futarian!!! the same oni the maniac? was he not in physics or what department self?
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by adconline(m): 9:15am On May 13, 2011
you all guys should just keep the hell shut ! I had my B.s.c degree from Bowen Univ 2007 set to be precise and i can boldly tell you that the moral value impacted has made me who i am today. it wont cost you anything to do the right thing

Let's see how of you that might become Gani. It's unfortunate that your parents relegated their responsibilities to BOWEN. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:16am On May 13, 2011
Na wa o wonder shall never in this country I know that some private universities like Madonna Okija will be flogging their students lol
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by totalwoman: 10:13am On May 13, 2011
BOWEN MY GREAT ALMA MATER, KEEP D GOOD FLAG OF DISCIPLINE UP PLZ, THE STUDENTS CHOSE TO BE NAUGHTY because IT WOULDN'T HAVE CAUSED THEM ANYTHING TO STAND UP TO REVERENCE THEIR GOD , BUT THE PRIDE OF FINALIST & THE THOUGHT OF 'AT LAST Ï'I'MFREE FROM ALL THESE RULES UPON RULES LED THEM TO ALL TTHESETHE INSTITUTION DDOESN'TPLAY WITH MORALS & ETHICS & I'M SURE THEY ALL KNOW WHAT THEY WERE DOING BEFORE THE SCHOOL TOOK THE ACTION. THE TRUTH IS, IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE AN ADULT & YOU WANT TO BE TREATED ACCORDINGLY,YOU MUST RESPECT YOURSELF BY BEING OBEDIENT TO SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS. LONG LIVE BOWEN UNIVERSITY,
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by uzoma123(m): 10:52am On May 13, 2011
Most of the people who are condemning the act of punishment are mostly those spoil brats from rich families who lack proper home training. This is why the society has gone gaga. If you think this is America where u carry gun to school better get it in your brain that this is Nigeria and Africa. The lack of flogging in schools and at home has destroyed our value system. These brats should be caned anytime they misbehave. The Bible even recognized that.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Mariory(m): 11:09am On May 13, 2011
ziga:

And yet again, you have been able to prove the Power of suggestion by suggesting that the caption of the post does not represent the actual situation in the picture. smiley smiley smiley
Because your suggestion obviously gathered some believers. . .

Look at the picture. Some girls who are actually kneeling down are kneeling on a mat?. Rest of the girls are sitting down. A few of the guys are standing. Almost all the guys not standing are just squatting down.

This does not seem like punishment to me.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Deocano: 2:04pm On May 13, 2011
na wao, they will call it discipline afterall!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Gbenge77(m): 3:01pm On May 13, 2011
You gotta be kidding me
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by shollyboy2: 5:49pm On May 13, 2011
na waaa oooo i reserve my comment, we never can tell maybe they are praying on thier knees, lol, even the students are fools for kneeling down, Crap school
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Tokotaya: 6:00pm On May 13, 2011
More info on this please. How sure are we that this is what the poster said it is? What if it was a play being rehearsed.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 13, 2011
I blame our elders for this mess. If the quality of education were something tangible and public unis were in abundance who would waste money in substandard private unis with obnoxious rules such as pregnancy tests et al?
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by dastudent(m): 11:43pm On May 13, 2011
Once a man is over 18 years of age.He can't be punished except he commits a jail able offence.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by tayoast(m): 11:51pm On May 13, 2011
da student:

Once a man is over 18 years of age.He can't be punished except he commits a jail able offence.

Av u been to NYSC camp?
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by DeeJay20: 12:12am On May 14, 2011
Nigerian Elders do not generally know how to respect and treat their younger ones
with decency knowing that these shall be their caretakers in the future,
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Egelife(m): 9:04am On May 14, 2011
Hahahahahah :Dam laughing oh, private schools my foot,
these graduates come out of Sch half baked, how will someone who graduated 4rm such Sch be self responsible when 100 percent of them are highly dependent on guardians, what Can they contribute to Nigeria. I Had a private uni. friend when I was serving in Lagos we earned 40,000 but this guy still was heavyly dependant on his averagely rich uncle, this is to tell u that these guys find it hard to fend for themselves after sch [tt][/tt]
cry
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by slyB1(m): 9:23am On May 14, 2011
I wonder how people make comment out of ignorance.

@poster,ur BB friend is a student that does not understand what is going on.

These students are outside a chapel that is filled to the brim and to show that they partake in the eucharistic celebration despite being outside,they are standing in worship mood.
The pic does not depict punishment.

Na waooooh for naija,ppl get time oh!
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by slyB1(m): 9:35am On May 14, 2011
[color=#000099][/color]
Mariory:

Look at the picture. Some girls who are actually kneeling down are kneeling on a mat?. Rest of the girls are sitting down. A few of the guys are standing. Almost all the guys not standing are just squatting down.

This does not seem like punishment to me.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by mafiacent(m): 10:05am On May 14, 2011
I am a member of dis set. The students in this picture are truly kneeling down, but BOWEN is not a school for kids, trust me when i say this, d bulk of their lecturers are from Great Ife, and the day this incident happened was very close to the end of the final year students stay in d school. The v.c couldn't suspend anyone at this time so he told them to kneel down. Of course u have the right not to but who will question his authority; definitely not d final year students who had less than 2 weeks left in school.
This Treatment boils down to the Nigerian environment, the students have the right to say no but the university has the jurisdiction to suspend for at least a semester accordind to the student's handbook, therefore a smart student wouldn't question d authority of the v.v in this circumstance. Also this doesn't just happen in Bowen, or private schools, or even schools alone.
Scenarios
1. Mostly in public universities girls threatened by lecturers to get in their pants
2. Almost impossible to get Admission/jobs without politics
3. Even in offices you do things that are not in your job specification because of the power of ur boss's Biro
4. Even 4 Lagos, lastma dey cheat us, but who u wan report to or where u wan get that kind tym
My point is, this is more than Bowen and private school. This is due to Nigeria's lack of adequate human right laws. Also i spent 4 years in Bowen for a b.sc business admin and i don't regret it. I am not even a christian and still i don't regret it.
so therefore stop judging a book by its cover, drop all this stereotyped perception as it is why d world is a very bad place to live in today
e.g
All Arabs are terrorists
Great Ife is d best in Nigeria
Nigerians are fraudsters
igbo people are not honest
foreign products are better than indigenous products etc.
Every individuals behaviour is a function of many factors.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by DRIZ: 12:57pm On May 14, 2011
Senior Tertiary Grammer School. grin grin grin
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by kelvin(m): 2:47pm On May 14, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d cry
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 14, 2011
uzoma123:

Most of the people who are condemning the act of punishment are mostly those spoilt brats from rich families who lack proper home training. This is why the society has gone gaga. If you think this is America where u carry gun to school to are better reminded that this is Nigeria and Africa. The lack of flogging in schools and at home has destroyed our value system. These brats should be caned anytime they misbehave. The Bible even recognized that.
Look here mister man tone down on your insults.A univ is a place for adults so you should be able to diffrenciate b/w what is right or wrong without someone using a whip on you.Flogging or giving out corporal punishment to someone in his twenties or early 30s is abnormal.If u are supporting such attitude then i might as well say that the Federal govt ought to be using koboko on those lecturers who go on endless strikes calling for salary increase.
Re: Final Year Students (bowen) Being Punished By Kneeling Down In The Sun!(pics) by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 14, 2011
Akolawole:

To some people, 18 years old is an adult. I finished secondary school over 20 years ago yet i am a Kid to so many people.
So does that mean when you come late to your place of work your employer tells you to kneel down or he flogs you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fedpoffa 2012/2013 Admission Status / Are Polytechnics On Par With Universities? / Lagos To Give 10,000 Radio Sets To Pupils For Homeschooling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.