Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

How To Help Your Child Cope Up With School Anxiety - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Help Your Child Cope Up With School Anxiety (203 Views)

List Of Nigeria Universities With School Fees / Strike: Anxiety As ASUU, FG Teams Meet Secretly / 16-year-old Female Student Expelled For S*x With School Guard, Parents Lament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Help Your Child Cope Up With School Anxiety by sharmaniti437: 4:27am On Sep 22, 2020
Anxiety with children is normal and expected in childhood. Children and teens are isolated from emotions and can't name the feelings they're experiencing.

Worries are commonplace as your child is stepping out of the comfort zone, meeting new people, will share new experiences. They might be worried about many school-related issues, such as friends, teachers, fitting in a new environment without your absence. But, this will make Them self-dependant and nurture them to be a responsible person later in life.

Your child might cry, cling, and complain of stomach pains to steer clear of their way from school. But, here's the role of good parents comes in, you need to make them understand that the world is not limited to a nutshell. Leaving school will only wind ship your child's fears and insecurities.

There's a saying which says, "To make your comfort zone, you need to learn first to get out of it." Furthermore, keeping your child at home will make them skip learning some crucial lessons in life. Here's the list of things that they will miss.

● Boundless opportunities that will help them to nurture their identity.
● They won't be able to learn how to cope up with challenges, setbacks, and rejections.
● They won't be able to find their latent passion and field of interest.
● Being noticed and praised for things they are good at.

So what's the solution?

Being a part of one of the best schools in Sharjah, I felt the importance of schooling to nourish your child inside-out. Here we've compiled a list of tips that will help your child cope with anxiety and school fears.

The Body clock

Start from the basics, ensure your child is eating healthy, have a good sleep, and follow a regular exercise regime. When your child is nourished physically and mentally, battling with the school worries gets easier for them. Furthermore, your child will be able to perform better in class and excel in studies.

Listen to your child.

Provide empathy, be a good listener for your child. Your child doesn't know how to handle the emotions pumping inside their minds. Let your child discuss their fears and talk about what's running inside their mind. If your child is a teenager, be a friend more than a parent, so they don't feel awkward about sharing their emotional or hormonal changes taking place in their mind.

Give light to positive aspects.

Find their fears and make a coping plan to turn those fears into a lesson that will help your child live a successful life. Take both ends, ask your child what the two things that make you excited and scared about new schools are? Address those emotions of your child and work on it.

These were the three key ingredients that will help your child cope with school anxiety. Parents and teachers are the two significant wheels responsible for steering their lives in the right direction. ASPAM IIS is one of the best Indian schools in Sharjah that not only provided me rock-solid education but also provided me boundless opportunities that helped me leading a successful life.

Re: How To Help Your Child Cope Up With School Anxiety by Observer11: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2020
On point... Thanks alot

(1) (Reply)

The Golden Rules Of Study That Guarantee Your ICAN Exams Success / My Ozone, My Life: Leading Change For Environmental Protection / KWARAPOLY Post UTME & HND Screening Results For 2020/2021 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.