Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,693 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks (4379 Views)

Why You Were Not Invited For That Interview / Now That NYSC Is Over, Learn Techniques For Interviews / How To Become Employed Within Just 4 To 8 Weeks Anywhere In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks by JOpress3: 10:49pm On May 07, 2021
JOpress3:
Why are employers always asking for work experience?

Where do they expect a fresh graduate to get such work experience if he /she has not work?

or do they want me to lie?

Abegi!! This is share wickedness...

The Many many complaints, questions and conclusions in the minds of a fresh graduate?

To accept that you don't have experience as a graduate, is self defeat in the first place.

How can you spend between 4 -6 years in Tertiary institution and an additional one year in NYSC.....

And you finally come to the conclusion that you don't have experience. Its the biggest lie you ever told yourself.

Look at it this way...

If you are fortunate to enroll in industrial training (IT) during your undergraduate level. isn't this an earned experience?

In the preparation of your project research work, your aim and objective and the final result of your research. Isnt this an earned experience to add in your CV?

In Your NYSC service year, perhaps you were sent to a School or a Government ministry, or where ever...

In the school you are expected to teach, while in the Ministry it is expected that you do one or two activities. Are this not earned experience, to add in your CV?

Again, in your NYSC service year, perhaps you were fortunate to attend a seminar in, let's say Marketing or entrepreneurship, Don't you think this are earned experience to be added in your CV?

I can go on and on and on...

Bottom line is, you don't lack experience at your level as fresh graduate.

You only lack insight and courage to identify earned experience and claim it in your cv.

NOTE :

You must realize that employers/Recruiter are humans with emotion and reasoning like you and me. They did not fall from the sky.

And as such, they don't expect you to manufacture experience that are beyond your reach at the moment. no,no,no...

Employers are only interested to see what you ACHIEVED with your EARNED EXPERIENCE during your undergraduate level, during your NYSC service year and your previous place of work. That's all

And so, the question still begging for answer is, What did you achieved with your earned experience?

For example as a classroom teacher during your NYSC service year, what did you teach?
is it Math or English? So, did you make any impart in during teaching? Like did your teaching improve students performance in Math from 30% to 60%. Or did you just go and do waka pass?

Your answer will tell what you achieved with your earned experience.

This are the Many open end questions,that your potential employers are are waiting for you patiently to provide and simply proof to them that you are a potential solution to a problem they are struggling with in a particular job function.

And they gift you the job, to come and be a solution to problems in that particular job function. Simple.

So my dear friend, stop sitting down and wondering up and down on how to manufacture 5 years experience when you graduated one year ago. Wake up, sleeping jimmy!!!!!

Smart CV writer
Re: Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks by JOpress3: 8:29am On May 22, 2021
JOpress3:
What's your skills set
[i][/i]Time Management
Re: Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks by JOpress3: 9:12am On May 23, 2021
JOpress3:
What's your skills set
Team collaboration
Re: Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks by JOpress3: 10:04am On Jun 09, 2021
What's your Skills
Re: Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks by JOpress3: 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2021
JOpress3:
This is very insightful. My question is, what achievement can a fresh graduate write? Or people in this category are not to bother with that aspect of their CV.[/quote

There are a thousand and one achievements A FRESH GRADUATE CAN WRITE OR HAVE in his/her CV at every given point in time.

They are deep seated right there, in your under graduate level, your NYSC Service year, in your extracurricular activities,you name it.

Take for example, during your NYSC service year, you Thought in a school...., now this is an experience...

But...the challenge is,

1.WHAT did you do with your Teaching opportunity....and
2.How do you present your teaching experience as an achievement in a CV.

This is where my expertise comes to play.

I convert such experience to Achievements, such that potential employers will come to see you as a capable hand that can provide solutions to their day to day problems.

You can always reach me for assistant
creative thinking
Re: Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks by JOpress3: 10:18am On Jul 10, 2021
JOpress3:
What's your skills set
Fast learner
Re: Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks by JOpress3: 10:08am On Aug 05, 2021
JOpress3:
What's your Skills
Decisive
Re: Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks by JOpress3: 6:11pm On Sep 05, 2021
JOpress3:
What's your skills set
interdependent
Re: Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks by JOpress3: 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
JOpress3:
What's your skills set
Analytical

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nysc Pop For Batch C / Have You Ever Thought Of What Would Happen To You After NYSC Alawee? / Male Corpers And Their Female Student! What Do You Advice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.