Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo (34854 Views)

Supreme Court: PDP Members Accuse Ihedioha Of Plotting Onyereri’s Removal / DSS Accuses Israeli Filmmakers Of Supporting IPOB, Detains Them In Cells / Edo 2020: Oshiomole Says He Regrets Supporting Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by fredoooooo: 9:40am On Sep 22, 2020
Bascard.. he should go and form his party ....
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by stabilizer: 9:45am On Sep 22, 2020
I no.wan talk.too much. Obviously these people belong to the royalty caucus of earth. There problem is power, fame and influence... Money is not their problem anymore. But my own problem is just how to meet my basic needs which only money can solve before my business unfolds positively while our politicians swims in billions, yet, they re not contented because they must face their challenges as well. E jor.. E funmi lowo , i beg help, assist and power me. My transformer has become a battery... Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Komu1048(m): 9:49am On Sep 22, 2020
Jafar1:
Even if so, Obaseki won because of the way the good people of Edo state voted, not because of his support...

This Obaseki's win is causing alot of crisis between APC members.

Like Obaseki said, its remaining the other godfather to the cowards who call themselves lagosians...
With time, Nigeria will be free from godfatherism.

grin

Lagosians r coward? For selecting a progressive man. FYI ur state have never been and will never be on the same level with Lagos. Hate kee u dia
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2020
ejimatic:
. Tinubu is not a factor in the reelection of Obaseki.Many loyalist APC governors worked for his success because they we're not happy with his disqualification. Obaseki should have been allowed to contest the primary election of APC like Ambode..Additionally all
that Osiomole said on Iyamu 4 years ago had no effect on the Obaseki reelection. Remember Nigerians said more that about the past reign of PMB. yet he won the presidential election twice. EDO people especially APC members believed in their own reasoning that there was injustice in the disqualification of Obaseki..That added more to the success of the Governor .
Spot on!
The day he disqualified Obaseki, that was the day APC lost the election. When Ize-Iyamu went to APC he knew he will/can defeat Obaseki EMPHATICALLY in a direct primary - he had the overwhelming support/backing of the leaders (whom Obaseki had been attacking, insulting, vilifying and marching on the ground). However, Oshiomhole over did it by disqualifying him. Even the APC leaders in Edo were very pissed, they wanted Obaseki to take part in the primaries. The plan was this:
1) Teach him a bitter lesson, demolish him and disgrace him - in fact, he was to come 3rd in that electiion after Ize-Iyamu with Odubu in 2nd place.
2) After losing APC primaries, he can no longer take part in the primaries of any other party, by virtue of the current amended electoral act - that would have been end of the road for him. But Oshio spoilt all their plan.
Well, the battle ahead is still very loooong! This is just round 1, the numerous litigations on ground are too much, in fact, I even think both APC and PDP are most likely to end up not getting the governorship eventually.
Even if Ize-Iyamu had won, this is what I still would have said:
It's too early to be jubilating and making stupid remarks. Nobody imagined Bayelsa state will end like that - a place where David Lyon won with a monumental landslide (more than 200, 000 votes!), which has never happened before. Only for Diri to end up with the governorship.
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 22, 2020
Patosky4U:
Oshopiking is the cause of the whole issue.
In life never push your luck too far.
He think himself a demigod, tinubu case is different, he did not choose for the stakeholders of APC in Lagos, he always support their decision. That is why they will always worship him in Lagos. He does not chop alone but he believe in chop make I chop and let the masses feel the government work
Oh my God! What a fantastic piece! Thank for this! This is the exact picture of what is Lagos politics! This is the 1st time I'm seeing someone here dish it out very simply and clearly. Many of the useless pigs on nairaland and elsewhere online, who join haters to be attacking Tinubu, have refused to know this. Thank you for educating them. They don't know thatTinubu put up a body - an advisory council, made up of party chieftains and elders and they are the ones running things in Lagos, he's just the "leader", not alpha and omega or the sole decision maker.
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 22, 2020
jidamsel43:
Most of APC Governors supported Obaseki re-election .

Ondo state gubernatorial election will be a smooth ride for APC because the party is united in the state.
When I hear you people say 'support' , I hope you mean financial support (perhaps to run campaign). Nobody should take the shine from my Edo people who spoke loudly and clearly on Saturday. The battle was won by us all through the BALLOT as everyone knows.
Perhaps, the support could also mean keeping anti-democratic forces in APC (riggers) at bay. Anything beyond that is wishful thinking.
Edo is Not Lagos!
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Caseless: 10:25am On Sep 22, 2020
ojikeebere12:
Is not only him others like Simon Lalong of Jos, Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi & Badaru of Jigawa also supported Obaseki.

But.....

What goes around comes.... Very soon their own election would come where they would want their preferred candidates to emerge as winners....

Those idiots actually worked against their party because they felt it will diminish Tinubu's influence. We shall see.
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Mindclinic: 10:29am On Sep 22, 2020
Abeg patronise me to see food chop, biko. cry

Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by donphilopus: 10:31am On Sep 22, 2020
helinues:

Bro wait, why should they support Ize Iyamu in the first place..

With the way Oshiomole demonized Ize Iyamu in 2016 yet still have this crab mentality of Only Oshiomole can make him Edo governor.

That's a sizzy act

That's it. That was the main reason I never supported POI. You told me in 2016 that someone was a thief and you came back 4yrs after to tell me he's the best thing since sliced bread. We are not that dull na.
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by kahal29: 10:32am On Sep 22, 2020
tesppidd:
Godfathers everywhere I look.

Godfathers in their states claiming to be fighting Godfathers in Edo.

Now look at Fayemi.

Come to Portharcourt and look at Wike.
He singlehandedly picks candidates for Senate, Reps, LGA Chairman, Assembly,

Yet he's fighting Godfathers in Edo, and people are clapping.

It will touch all of them at the end of the day.

What goes around comes around
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by kahal29: 10:59am On Sep 22, 2020
fergie001:

Those blaming the Presidency aren't serious people.

Did Fayemi vote? These guys are grabbing at straws.

Once a party in the State does not put its house in order, Buhari stays out.

It happened in Zamfara, Imo & Ogun States. When everyone was telling the APC in Edo State to calm down and sort out their differences, two men took it upon themselves to decide how the State must be run.

Now Ondo APC is going as one voice...you will see the support that State will get. Make Dem go siddon, election has been won and lost.

How can Oshiomhole fight Rochas, Yari & Amosun for a particular thing only to turn around and attempt the same thing....O wrong nau

Fergie my brother in one your post before the election you said APC will undo itself. When I read it I couldn't reply you because you said the truth and also confirmed my fears about Ize-Iyamu chances. If APC governors and appointees had supported Ize-Iyamu as they should especially in the area of finance, logistics, strategies maybe the result would have been different rather they saw it as Oshiomole/Tinubu project and hence adopted Sidon dey look approach.

Secondly the fight Oshiomole took on with Yari, Rochas and the rest was it a just one? In Imo for instance if not for Oshiomole, Rochas Inlaw would been have ruling us by now and that is why Rocha's would never forgive Oshiomole.

Finally while I wanted Ize-Iyamu to win I also had my fears of internal sabotage. As for Obaseki I also feel that the same issue of political patronage that he had in APC will also resonate in PDP on larger scale because he will now have to struggle to satisfy both the Old PDP members and the APC members he took to PDP. Each of the sides will always be on the lookout to see who gets what or who is most favored or cheated.
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by fergie001: 11:03am On Sep 22, 2020
kahal29:

Fergie my brother in one your post before the election you said APC will undo itself. When I read it I couldn't reply you because you said the truth and also confirmed my fears about Ize-Iyamu chances. If APC governors and appointees had supported Ize-Iyamu as they should especially in the area of finance, logistics, strategies maybe the result would have been different rather they saw it as Oshiomole/Tinubu project and hence adopted Sidon dey look approach.

Secondly the fight Oshiomole took on with Yari, Rochas and the rest was it a just one? In Imo for instance if not for Oshiomole, Rochas Inlaw would been have ruling us by now and that is why Rocha's would never forgive Oshiomole.

Finally while I wanted Ize-Iyamu to win I also had my fears of internal sabotage. As for Obaseki I also feel that the same issue of political patronage that he had in APC will also resonate in PDP on larger scale because he will now have to struggle to satisfy both the Old PDP members and the APC members he took to PDP. Each of the sides will always be on the lookout to see who gets what or who is most favored or cheated.
Nothing to add my brother.
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Indispensable85(m): 11:10am On Sep 22, 2020
Whoever made oshiomhole the national chairman of Apc actually set him up for destruction. That was where his downfall started.There's time for everything under the Sun. I guess his time has come to an end in the political space. Let others learn from his numerous mistakes. Tinubu should respect himself because the gang up against him ahead of 2023 is swelling. The dead man in Aso villa has killed Apc though.
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by ejimatic: 11:12am On Sep 22, 2020
EmmaFantastic:

Spot on!
The day he disqualified Obaseki, that was the day APC lost the election. When Ize-Iyamu went to APC he knew he will/can defeat Obaseki EMPHATICALLY in a direct primary - he had the overwhelming support/backing of the leaders (whom Obaseki had been attacking, insulting, vilifying and marching on the ground). However, Oshiomhole over did it by disqualifying him. Even the APC leaders in Edo were very pissed, they wanted Obaseki to take part in the primaries. The plan was this:
1) Teach him a bitter lesson, demolish him and disgrace him - in fact, he was to come 3rd in that electiion after Ize-Iyamu with Odubu in 2nd place.
2) After losing APC primaries, he can no longer take part in the primaries of any other party, by virtue of the current amended electoral act - that would have been end of the road for him. But Oshio spoilt all their plan.
Well, the battle ahead is still very loooong! This is just round 1, the numerous litigations on ground are too much, in fact, I even think both APC and PDP are most likely to end up not getting the governorship eventually.
It's too early to be jubilating and making stupid remarks. Nobody imagined Bayelsa state will end like that - a place where David Lyon won with a monumental landslide (more than 200, 000 votes!), which has never happened before. Only for Diri to end up with the governorship.
. I agree with you absolutely .
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by stanisbaratheon: 11:25am On Sep 22, 2020
tsagir:
YOU DONT KNOW POLITICs

If you can't tell me the number of votes his irrelevant support gave Obaseki then don't quote me again.
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Oladeji245(m): 11:30am On Sep 22, 2020
ejimatic:
. I agree with you absolutely .
u agree with him calling people pigs?
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Tareq1105: 11:54am On Sep 22, 2020
Jafar1:
Even if so, Obaseki won because of the way the good people of Edo state voted, not because of his support...

Like Obaseki said, its remaining the other godfather to the cowards who call themselves lagosians...

grin

The death of a godfather is the birth of another godfather.
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by skukimania(f): 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2020
Jafar1:

grin

And another set of godfathers will emerge. All these ones talking about ending godfatherism are potential godfathers themselves. You will soon see!
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by ejimatic: 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2020
Oladeji245:

u agree with him calling people pigs?
. I agree with his thoughts. People dont express themselves iin the same way..However I did not see where he used the word pigs in his contribution....
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by oyeb15: 1:05pm On Sep 22, 2020
i wish the tinubu camp support Jegede in Ondo and destroy APC chances at d poll.

Tinubu will form another coalition party next year comprising figures from PDP,APC ,APGA, Atiku, Makinde ,Obasanjo etc. It will become d new bride.He will sacrifice his ambition for a better Nigeria. The ills of Buhari administration will be unravelled
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by bigfish3k: 1:16pm On Sep 22, 2020
Kinikini:
Souther Nigeria tribes don't learn. The North has found a tool In Fayemi and others. The man they want to pull down has been used for the North and the Fayemis are to pull him down.
The North plays smarter in politics.

quote author=ojikeebere12 post=94179338]

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/416199-ekiti-apc-members-accuse-fayemi-of-supporting-obaseki-in-edo.html
The man you are supporting prides himself as the person that was used to pull down GEJ, a southerner too
He is also priding himself as the person that was used by the fulanis to pull down the igbos in this current government
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Stillthebest: 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2020
shocked

Normal attitude of Fayemi. He is a strong enemy of his erstwhile boss, Tinubu. How times fly?
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Kinikini: 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
I personally think booting out GEJ was a right decision.

uote author=bigfish3k post=94190919]
The man you are supporting prides himself as the person that was used to pull down GEJ, a southerner too
He is also priding himself as the person that was used by the fulanis to pull down the igbos in this current government [/quote]
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by earnit3: 4:01pm On Sep 22, 2020
really
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by DEROX: 4:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
frankyychiji:
Tinubu is desperate now and you should understand why.

Dude reads our comments on social media and it wears him down. He has not declared for presidency but we have already written him off in very strong languages grin

He reads and it's gotten to him and driven him paranoid so expect more mistakes grin

Mistakes until the final burial in 2023. grin
lmao who wrote him down the north or the 5%
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Pascal9: 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2020
bigfish3k:

Compare the topic with what you wrote you will notice that you are the one hating on the SE/SS
who told this bush Slowpoke that as and se is underdeveloped. is Nigeria developed
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Pascal9: 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
EmmaFantastic:

Spot on!
consoling your self
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by bigfish3k: 6:59pm On Sep 22, 2020
Kinikini:
I personally think booting out GEJ was a right decision.

uote author=bigfish3k post=94190919]
He is also priding himself as the person that was used by the fulanis to pull down the igbos in this current government
How has that " good decision" favoured Nigerians
Re: Ekiti APC Members Accuse Fayemi Of Supporting Obaseki In Edo by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:33pm On Sep 22, 2020
Eriokanmi:
lagosians no go ever see this. They love it. Lol. The charm tinubu dey use on dem go soon turn water
Their eyes go soon clear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC Declares NNPP’s Abba Kabir Winner Of Kano Governorship Election / Fayose Shows Off His Drumming Skills Because Of Supreme Court Victory(pics,video / Michael Chinda Remains Unconscious After Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.