Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

The Power Belong To God. (The Book Of Edo Chapter 1 Vs 1-34 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Power Belong To God. (The Book Of Edo Chapter 1 Vs 1-34 (217 Views)

States Debt May Hit ₦‎1.34 Trillion Over Palliative Loans / The Book Of Edo Chapter 1 Vs 1 – 34 / EFCC Officials Cleaning Marks On Houses They Claimed Belong To Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Belong To God. (The Book Of Edo Chapter 1 Vs 1-34 by timagentms: 8:54am On Sep 22, 2020
The Book of Edo chapter 1 vs 1 – 34.
1. Now, it came to pass, In that period when men chose their rulers, after the reign of Lucky the son of Igbenedion. A certain man arose from the mount of Auchi whose name was Adams the son of Osho.
2. It was he who was the chief of the publicans and a leader of labour. Later he had become Governor over all the province. And adams abode as governor for eight years in Edo.
3. Behold, During his reign, the man Adams had excelled in speech and utterred many fierce and lofty words.
4. And his oration was honey and wine to the hearts of the people.
5. He ruled the city with a mighty hand and prophesied with a loud voice unto the four walls of the cities; the North, the South, East and West, saying; 6. “Woe unto the godfathers and naysayers and oligarchists, to the men who have exalted themselves over this city as gods over men.7 “Again i say woe onto them. “For as the day wipeth out the night, I Adams the son of Osho, shall flush out their reigns, and seize their loincloth.8 “With a heavy rod shall i chase them out, and they shall run. I shall break their brass gates, and set their iron bars asunder. And it was so.
9. That at the end of the Eight year, wherefore Oshomole was to complete his reign, a man called Godwin the son of Obaseki had exalted himself saying ” I will be Governor.
10. At the same time, Iyamu the son of Ize had also exalted himself and said i will be Governor.
11.Adams had looked up the face of Obaseki and took his hand and kissed it and spake with a voice saying “Fear not, for i am with you, oh thy faithful servant, I shall bear you upon my wings, thy mouth shall speak good tidings, and in my stead thou shalt reign.
12.And it came to pass, that when the due season for contest came. Adams and Obaseki went together in one accord, to the outskirts of the cities to the tabernacles, to the villages, and to every field.
13. Lo, Oshomole had held his companions hand saying with a loud voice;“Oh cities of Edo hear ye my counsel, Oh land of my inheritance bear thy comrade’s witness, for this is the man whom thou shall vote for a faithful and just man!
14 “Begone from the man Iyamu for he is vain and double faced.
15.Cast not thy votes for him for his mouth is slack.
16 Ye! He has put on the loincloth of a saint but his heart is darker than widow’s ash.
17. Withdraw your firstborne sons, from him, for he dines in the devil’s cult.
18. Withdraw thy daughters, for he is a deformer!
19.And it came to pass that many people had hearkened unto the voice of Adams the son of Osho.
20 And on the day of reckoning more votes had been casted for Godwin than for Iyamu and he had been crowned governor to reign in Osho’s stead.
21 Behold, at about the second year of the reign of Godwin, and like a dream of the night, after the feast of the old year, the new governor and old governor saw discord together.
22 The new Governor had called upon the people saying.
” He wants Your gold and Silver and I said nay!!!. No man shall be god over this land, for this is the very cause ye fought for in your reign, and i say it shall stand.
23 And when it came to the ear of Adams the son of Osho what the new governor had done. He had cried with a loud voice..
24 “A traitor is on the throne!!. therefore shall my eyes not be allowed to behold the ungodly stand in judgement for long. 25.For yes! He has bitten the finger that fed him bread. And his rainment must be seized!. Another four years thou will not go!
26 And Godwin the son of obaseki had responded, “I shall go another.
27 On the fourth year on the month and on the day when A new adversary was to be chosen to travail with Obaseki. Iyamu had comeforth and said “here i am, i will go. And adams spake softly saying ” I am with you.
28 Now the people of the city had rent their clothes and thrown forth their voice in desolation saying to the Adams the son of Osho, who shall we go with?. 29 Whom shall we believe? For the Lord God is not the author of confusion, a man whom ye called a leper yesterday, how turneth he now an angel? And the one whom ye called a messiah the day before how turneth he now leper. 30 For dignity is not like the sun that comes and goeth. Or like the leopard spots, or like the stars, or the changing seasons. Dignity is like the word of the lord that endureth forever.
31 And it came to pass after these things, that election was held throughout the province of the ancient city on the nineteenth day in the month of September in the year of corona A.D in the reign of Oba Ewaure 11,
32 that the people of Edo decided that light should defeat darkness and godfatherism casted into the bottomless pit.
33 And, Lo The Lord blessed Godwin the son of Nogheghase, the son of Obaseki with more votes over his contenders from the plain of Bini to Esan and across river Ikpoba unto Owan, Etsako and unto Akoko Edo.
34 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of David, which saith, God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.

1 Like

Re: The Power Belong To God. (The Book Of Edo Chapter 1 Vs 1-34 by RuddyFusion(m): 8:58am On Sep 22, 2020
And the people says Amen to the reading of the prophet

1 Like

Re: The Power Belong To God. (The Book Of Edo Chapter 1 Vs 1-34 by GolDRoger: 9:05am On Sep 22, 2020
Mad o cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Power Belong To God. (The Book Of Edo Chapter 1 Vs 1-34 by Realist5: 9:13am On Sep 22, 2020
Chai
Re: The Power Belong To God. (The Book Of Edo Chapter 1 Vs 1-34 by edoairways: 9:20am On Sep 22, 2020
Righteousness89 can explain further

1 Like

Re: The Power Belong To God. (The Book Of Edo Chapter 1 Vs 1-34 by Okobaba1(m): 9:21am On Sep 22, 2020
THE BOOK OF ẸDO CHAPTER 1 vs 1 – 34.

1. Now, it came to pass, In that period when men chose their rulers, after the reign of Lucky the son of Igbenedion. A certain man arose from the mount of Auchi whose name was Adams the son of Osho.
2. It was he who was the chief of the publicans and a leader of labour. Later he had become Governor over all the province. And adams abode as governor for eight years in Edo.
3. Behold, During his reign, the man Adams had excelled in speech and utterred many fierce and lofty words.
4. And his oration was honey and wine to the hearts of the people.
5. He ruled the city with a mighty hand and prophesied with a loud voice unto the four walls of the cities; the North, the South, East and West, saying; 6. “Woe unto the godfathers and naysayers and oligarchists, to the men who have exalted themselves over this city as gods over men.7 “Again i say woe onto them. “For as the day wipeth out the night, I Adams the son of Osho, shall flush out their reigns, and seize their loincloth.8 “With a heavy rod shall i chase them out, and they shall run. I shall break their brass gates, and set their iron bars asunder. And it was so.
9. That at the end of the Eight year, wherefore Oshomole was to complete his reign, a man called Godwin the son of Obaseki had exalted himself saying ” I will be Governor.
10. At the same time, Iyamu the son of Ize had also exalted himself and said i will be Governor.
11.Adams had looked up the face of Obaseki and took his hand and kissed it and spake with a voice saying “Fear not, for i am with you, oh thy faithful servant, I shall bear you upon my wings, thy mouth shall speak good tidings, and in my stead thou shalt reign.
12.And it came to pass, that when the due season for contest came. Adams and Obaseki went together in one accord, to the outskirts of the cities to the tabernacles, to the villages, and to every field.
13. Lo, Oshomole had held his companions hand saying with a loud voice;“Oh cities of Edo hear ye my counsel, Oh land of my inheritance bear thy comrade’s witness, for this is the man whom thou shall vote for a faithful and just man!
14 “Begone from the man Iyamu for he is vain and double faced.
15.Cast not thy votes for him for his mouth is slack.
16 Ye! He has put on the loincloth of a saint but his heart is darker than widow’s ash.
17. Withdraw your firstborne sons, from him, for he dines in the devil’s cult.
18. Withdraw thy daughters, for he is a deformer!
19.And it came to pass that many people had hearkened unto the voice of Adams the son of Osho.
20 And on the day of reckoning more votes had been casted for Godwin than for Iyamu and he had been crowned governor to reign in Osho’s stead.
21 Behold, at about the second year of the reign of Godwin, and like a dream of the night, after the feast of the old year, the new governor and old governor saw discord together.
22 The new Governor had called upon the people saying.
” He wants Your gold and Silver and I said nay!!!. No man shall be god over this land, for this is the very cause ye fought for in your reign, and i say it shall stand.
23 And when it came to the ear of Adams the son of Osho what the new governor had done. He had cried with a loud voice..
24 “A traitor is on the throne!!. therefore shall my eyes not be allowed to behold the ungodly stand in judgement for long. 25.For yes! He has bitten the finger that fed him bread. And his rainment must be seized!. Another four years thou will not go!
26 And Godwin the son of obaseki had responded, “I shall go another.
27 On the fourth year on the month and on the day when A new adversary was to be chosen to travail with Obaseki. Iyamu had comeforth and said “here i am, i will go. And adams spake softly saying ” I am with you.
28 Now the people of the city had rent their clothes and thrown forth their voice in desolation saying to the Adams the son of Osho, who shall we go with?. 29 Whom shall we believe? For the Lord God is not the author of confusion, a man whom ye called a leper yesterday, how turneth he now an angel? And the one whom ye called a messiah the day before how turneth he now leper. 30 For dignity is not like the sun that comes and goeth. Or like the leopard spots, or like the stars, or the changing seasons. Dignity is like the word of the lord that endureth forever.
31 And it came to pass after these things, that election was held throughout the province of the ancient city on the nineteenth day in the month of September in the year of corona A.D in the reign of Oba Ewaure 11,
32 that the people of Edo decided that light should defeat darkness and godfatherism casted into the bottomless pit.
33 And, Lo The Lord blessed Godwin the son of Nogheghase, the son of Obaseki with more votes over his contenders from the plain of Bini to Esan and across river Ikpoba unto Owan, Etsako and unto Akoko Edo.
34 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of David, which saith, God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.
Copied.

1 Like

Re: The Power Belong To God. (The Book Of Edo Chapter 1 Vs 1-34 by timagentms: 10:35pm On Sep 22, 2020
Edo is not Lagos, Edo is Edo and for Edo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Counsels Edo Governor After Surprise Election Victory / Sanwo-olu Flags Off Construction Of 250 Roads, Power Projects Across 377 Wards / No One Really Representing North, South Or East. Everyone Is For Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.