Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 (13207 Views)

13 Reasons Nigeria Must Not Support Invasion Of Niger Republic - Shehu Sani / Electricity Crisis: 3 Reasons Nigeria Is In Darkness — Barth Nnaji / Five Reasons Nigeria Dropped On Corruption Perception Index (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by presidency: 6:11am On Sep 23, 2020
“I will stand my ground and maintain my position that under my watch, [the] old Nigeria is slowly but surely disappearing and a new era is rising in which we grow what we eat and consume what we make.”
President Buhari, December 14, 2016

“We are determined to change Nigeria from an import dependent country to a producing nation. We must become a nation where we grow what we eat and consume what we produce.”

President Buhari, April 5, 2017

President Buhari is determined to ensure that Nigeria grows what it eats and produces what it consumes. He has been determined to ensure this since he assumed office in 2015. One of the first significant programs he launched was the Anchor Borrowers Program, led and underwritten by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

Since then, Agriculture initiatives like the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative (PFI), FarmerMoni, Livestock Productivity and Resilience Support Project (L-PRES), NIRSAL Agro Geo-Cooperatives Scheme, NIRSAL Multi-Peril Crop Indemnity-Index Insurance, Agriculture for Food and Jobs Plan (AFJP), N-Power Agro, and others, have been launched to support the presidential vision to revolutionize Agriculture in Nigeria. Many State Governments and Private Investors are equally keying into this Presidential vision, with emerging positive results, including but not limited to the following:

1. In Kaduna and Kwara States, Olam invested $150 million to build Nigeria’s largest integrated animal feed mill, poultry breeding farm and day-old-chick (DOC) hatchery, and an integrated poultry and fish feed mill, respectively. These game-changing investments were commissioned in 2017.

2. Ekiti State Government is partnering with Promasidor to revive the hitherto abandoned Ikun Dairy Farm. The project has seen a 5-million dollar investment from Promasidor. At full capacity, the Dairy farm will produce over 10,000 litres of milk per day, and employ more than 1,000 workers. In addition, a new rice mill is under construction in Ado Ekiti.

3. In Kebbi, in May 2020, GB foods opened a 20 billion Naira Tomato Processing Factory, and adjoining farm, the second largest factory in Nigeria and the only fully backward integrated plant in ECOWAS – and has the largest single tomatoes farm in Nigeria. When fully completed (all phases), the factory will be the largest fresh tomatoes processing factory in Sub-Saharan Africa. The farm will produce industrial tomatoes in the dry season and soya beans in the rainy season. The soya bean oil will be used to manufacture GBfoods' Mayonnaise.

4. In Ogun, GB Foods in July 2020 opened its N5.5 billion state-of-the-art mayonnaise production factory in Sango, Ogun State. The soya beans to serve the plant will be farmed in its brand new farm in Kebbi State.

5. In Anambra, a year ago, October 2019, Coscharis commissioned its brand new Rice Mill, a 40,000 MT modular Mill. A second phase of 80,000MT capacity is under construction. Total investment by Coscharis comes to about 12 billion Naira. Prior to that, in 2016 the Company began growing rice on its own farms, and now has more than 2,500 hectares under cultivation.

6. Lagos State is building a 32-Metric-Ton per hour Rice Mill in Imota, one of the largest Rice Mills in Africa. It will produce 2.4 million bags of 50kg per annum, and create an estimated 250,000 jobs. It will source its rice from other States across the country, leveraging on the Anchor Borrowers Program of the Central Bank.

7. In 2018, Cross River commissioned its brand new 3 billion Naira Hybrid Rice Seedlings Factory to supply seedlings nationwide. The Factory, commissioned by President Buhari, is part of CrossRice, a multi-billion Naira Commercial Agriculture Development Project promoted by the Cross River State Rice Company Management Board, the Central Bank of Nigeria and Sterling Bank.

8. Under the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative, which launched in January 2017, a total of 22 blending plants were resuscitated as at the end of 2019, with a combined installed capacity of over 2.5 million metric tonnes. In that period more than 18 million 50kg bags of Fertilizer produced and supplied for sale. Prior to the launch of the PFI, only 4 fertilizer blending plants were in operation in Nigeria, running at 10% capacity utilization.

9. In Lagos, Dangote Group is building a 2-billion-dollar Fertilizer Plant that will be the biggest in the world, with a production capacity of 3 million tons of urea and ammonia per annum. It will commence production in the first quarter of 2021. It will make Nigeria the leading exporter of Urea in sub-Saharan Africa. Dangote Group in 2016 also launched a Rice Outgrower Scheme covering 150,000 hectares of land in Kebbi, Sokoto, Zamfara, Kano, Niger and Jigawa States, and is also building a 16MT/hour Rice Mill in Jigawa State, the first of six Rice Mills planned across the above-mentioned States.

10. In Ondo State, Nigeria’s leading grower of cocoa, a 9 billion Naira Chocolate Factory has just been commissioned in September 2020, with the capacity to produce 2.8 million tonnes of chocolate per annum. According to the Governor, to guarantee the supply of cocoa beans to the factory, a 1,700-hectare cocoa plantation has been revived, with 250 farmers.

11. The 2020 Wet Season Harvesting has commenced; with it will come a moderation in food prices. For example, Ogun State started harvesting Rice in August (the rice was planted in March). The State is developing hundreds of hectares of rice at Rice Hubs across 10 LGAs of the State, under the Value Chain Development Programme (VCDP), a partnership between the Federal Government and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). Also under the VCDP, women farmers in Niger State are seeing a four-fold increase in rice yields. In the Hadejia River Valley in Jigawa State, which was largely spared the devastating floods that affected parts of Northwest Nigeria, Rice Harvesting has also commenced.

12. The National Food Security Council (chaired by President Buhari, with Kebbi State Governor as Vice Chair) has met twice in recent weeks to tackle the issues of flooding and rising food prices. Relief interventions are being made available to the farmers affected by the flooding in Kebbi and other parts of the Northwest, and they are gradually bouncing back and preparing to re-plant. Parts of the Southwest that had previously suffered shortfalls of rain are also now seeing a reversal of this situation.

“Through the food security initiative, we are promoting “Grow What We Eat” and “Eat What We Grow”. I am also delighted that more and more Nigerians are taking advantage of the opportunities in the agriculture and agri-business sector.”

President Buhari, June 12, 2020

24 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 23, 2020
Well the reality is that we are still far behind despite best efforts , South Africa is the largest in Africa in term of food production and export.The day I travel from Lagos to Abuja and don't see thick forest but plantations then I would know you're making real impact. Good Morning.

The real truth is that our farmers are really suffering.Most of them do not practice mechanized farming.On top that the terrains are tough with no serious amenities that could aid irrigation process,worst still insecurity and terrible land use policy that doesn't allows farmers plant cash crops with long gestation period like cocoa which would generate more profit on the long run because most farms are on leasehold and can't lease land for 20years without wahala and would rather plant maize.Worst still no cottage process industry in rural areas to buy perishable or export them to country like Japan,because no standardization, agricultural value chain still very weak.Commodity exchange I only hear them on paper still yet to feel the impact.So pricing is still very poor with middle men cashing in.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by Ajibel(m): 6:34am On Sep 23, 2020
The agricultural revolution is commendable but the most important thing is that we should (12 months or less from now) begin to see a reduction in the prices of some food items in the market.

The cost of living is quite high at this moment

12 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:37am On Sep 23, 2020
If u guys like continue to lie and loot all these loans u are collecting for u and your family alone, as if the masses mean nothing to u.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 23, 2020
All this talk is nothing of u don't have modern seeds

Have we developed seeds that is high yielding and suited to our different climate ?

A farmer in Nigeria gets 2 ton of corn per hectare while a farmer in USA gets 12

A farmer in Nigeria is lucky to get 2 tons of rice let hectare ...in Thailand is 10 ...we plant once they plant 3 times ....30 tons vs 2 tons from same size of farm

Soya u are lucky if u get 0.5 tons ...in USA u can get 3.4 tons

That's the Coco. ..improve the seeds and watch igbos enter agro .....

Nigerian farming is not profitable ...the only profitable farming now is animal farming

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by musa234(m): 7:51am On Sep 23, 2020
Why are prices of goods and services high?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 23, 2020
Hmmm... Well, no comment on this
Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by Nigeriabiafra80: 7:54am On Sep 23, 2020
And I have 1000 reason is fake
Harboring of Fulani herdsmen is enough to cause famine in Nigeria
Mumu buhari media cows

8 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by NORSIYK(m): 7:54am On Sep 23, 2020
Which Agricultural revolution are you talking about?
Before this disaster assumed office in 2015 prices of food stuffs were relatively cheap, but as soon as this monster took over things haven't remained the same again.

Despite the so called Agricultural revolution (which is on paper) , the prices of ordinary local rice keep soaring higher.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by BruncleZuma: 7:54am On Sep 23, 2020
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://media1./images/54645625c3067b1acce673cde4878064/tenor.gif[/img]

Nah all dis lie lie make una lose Edo State...
How many Nigerians get access to these fertilizers and loans; how many get commercially viable farms?

11 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by EwuGambia: 7:55am On Sep 23, 2020
Agricultural revolution wey dey increase price of foodstuffs..... undecided
OP i nor wan curse you this morning o!... undecided

Abeg makè dem commot this nansense from front page... angry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2020
Pastor Osinbajo lies so much grin

10 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by Houseofglam7(f): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2020
undecided

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by crestedaguiyi: 7:55am On Sep 23, 2020
Stupidity.

Buhari has no hand in any of this investment, yet agricultural revolution is real under him.

Even when food stuff is at an all time high.
Tomorrow we will hear free and fair election is real under buhari , meanwhile we know its visa ban that brought about it. Indi oshi

8 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:55am On Sep 23, 2020
In Anambra, a year ago, October 2019, Coscharis commissioned its brand new Rice Mill, a 40,000 MT modular Mill. A second phase of 80,000MT capacity is under construction. Total investment by Coscharis comes to about 12 billion Naira. Prior to that, in 2016 the Company began growing rice on its own farms, and now has more than 2,500 hectares under cultivation.
Great development,
Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

Ramsak1:
Quite commendable of you..I hope more Nigerians address things with such optimism and not just dwell on negativity.
God bless Nigeria.
Thanks Ramsak,
Unfortunately,
we were all raised by different parents,
So some are sadist and negative souls from birth,
While some of us were born with optimism and positivity.
We can only do our part and leave.
A better Nigeria is all we want.

God bless you.
God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by esmarcq(m): 7:55am On Sep 23, 2020
cool
Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:55am On Sep 23, 2020
crestedaguiyi:
Stupidity
Na dem......

Only the willingly blind cannot see that our nation is undergoing massive developments,
Compare to the 16 years of failure and looting...

I HATE TRAINS.
I HATE BRIDGES.
I HATE RICE.
I HATE TALLEST BUILDING EAST OF THE NIGER

Let me give the background to this piece. I was reading some comments on Twitter early in the week, when I ran into this one by one Dr Ben Gbenro: “Why are some people allergic to good news about Nigeria? You are angry about the test-run of Lagos-Ibadan rail, you are angry about the development in Onne Port, but will eagerly amplify any negative news even if it’s not true. Something is wrong with you and I am here to tell you.”

Of course, that comment generated responses, both positive and negative. But the one that caught my fancy specially was by Ayekooto, who declared: “We have got to a stage when GMB achievements can no longer be denied but hated. I hate trains. I hate bridges. I hate rice.”

Very profound. A lot of people can no longer deny the many achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari, particularly in the area of infrastructure, building a new Nigeria, and so, they have decided to hate it. Sad. Very sad.

Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just last weekend, there was a test run of the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches that will begin commercial operation before the end of the year.That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches. Instead of giving credit to a prudent government, they just say; I hate trains.

Okay, if you hate trains, what of brand new airports in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu, and others in the works? There was a time we were said to parade the worst airports in the world. But not any longer. Buhari reversed it in his four years. What do they say about that? They look up, look down, scratch their heads, and say; I hate airports. I’ve never even boarded a plane in my life, and I don’t want to board. Will I ever enter a plane if I’d been killed by bandits?

Okay. You hate airports and planes. What of bridges being built over rivers in different parts of the country, most especially the Second River Niger Bridge, which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) built with mouth for 16 years. You tell them that the bridge is almost 50% done, and should be completed in the first quarter of 2022. There’s also the Loko-Oweto Bridge, linking Benue and Nasarawa States. It was started by a previous administration, but almost completed now. Like a cornered rat, their eyes dart furtively from corner to corner, seeking a hole to enter. Finding none, they tell you deadpan: I hate bridges.

Okay. All those are physical structures. So they want stomach infrastructure. You then tell them of the rice revolution, which has freed us from being a net importer of the product in the world. You point out that if Buhari hadn’t put his money where his mouth was, and encouraged us to go back to the land, causing rice farmers to rise from six to 12 million, we would have been in serious trouble when COVID-19 struck.
How would we have imported rice, with all international borders closed, and no foreign exchange to even place orders? They pat their tummies gingerly, belch after a hearty meal, and then declare: I hate rice.

A Cancer Centre has been built and commissioned by President Buhari at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). An ultra-modern diagnostic center also built and commissioned in Kano. And just this week, another diagnostic centre built at a cost of $5.5 million, was commissioned at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, in Abia State. What do they say of all these? “I hate hospitals. May I never need to use any diagnostic centre. It is not my portion.”

You join them to say amen, since you don’t have a hateful heart. And you remind them that the largest ever vessel in the country, Maerskline Stadelhorn, with a length of 300 meters and width of 48 meters, berthed few days ago at Onne Port, in Rivers State. That is the biggest ever container vessel to berth in any part of Nigeria. Onne people were delirious with joy, and praised the government to high heavens, because no vessel had come to their port for 12 years, till August last year, under Buhari. You tell the naysayers the positive economic implications, but they refuse to listen. They dive under water, shouting as they go: We hate container vessels.

You then take them to Yenagoa, in Bayelsa State. Just last week, the skyline of South-south and South-East was transformed, as President Buhari commissioned the tallest Federal Government structure in the region, the 17-story Nigerian Content Tower, Headquarters of Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).

The architectural masterpiece occupies an area equivalent to four football fields, and has a 1,000 seater conference centre plus a 10 MW power plant. Started in late 2015, now completed, all under Buhari. Engineer Simbi Wabote, Executive Secretary of the agency paid tribute to the resolve, determination and encouragement of the President, that saw the structure to completion in record time. And Wabote, third E.S of NCDMB in its 10 years history, has written his name in gold. Just because he has a supportive President.

Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylvia, under whose tenure as Bayelsa State Governor the land was allocated for the project, declared: “The commissioning of this building is symbolic in many ways. It shows that Mr President is keen to see infrastructural development in every part of the country...It shows that skyscrapers and other laudable infrastructure can be built in the Niger Delta.”

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. They make us dizzy.

At that point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

Basher8583:

[b][/b] is doing a honest job just as I am and that's why we are not complaining. If you were doing something honest too you shouldn't be complaining like this. Unless you're into importation which can only grow your pocket but cannot grow the country. The country does not have time for selfish and greedy entrepreneurs .
God bless you for this patriot
Ignoring them is the best way to deal with them tho.
Thanks for the heads up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by KnightsTemplar(m): 7:56am On Sep 23, 2020
Bros you never price food stuff of late? A kongo of rice is 1000k, talk about beans and other staple food, it's crazy.

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by Xisnin(m): 7:56am On Sep 23, 2020
grin grin
Of course, the revolution is real and Nigerians can feel it in the 200-300%
increase in price of most foodstuffs since 2015.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:56am On Sep 23, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
Pastor Osinbajo lies so much grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by ShinnBet: 7:57am On Sep 23, 2020
Propaganda can not put food on the table .

Lair Mohammed said back when he was in opppsition, that the GEJ administration did not have to blow their horn that their achievements would be glaring to all

7 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by joelbooks: 7:57am On Sep 23, 2020
Ajibel:
The agricultural revolution is commendable but the most important thing is that we should (12 months or less from now) begin to see a reduction in the prices of some food items in the market.

The cost of living is quite high at this moment
Agriculture is sure way to becoming a Millionaire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnO_q2fEZHo
Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 23, 2020
Osinbajo and Lai Mohammed na brother

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by splentour: 7:58am On Sep 23, 2020
That is if herdsmen,bandits and boko haram will allow the farmers get to their farm. This is not a good time to be a farmer

4 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by Duplik8t77(m): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2020
mannabbqgrillz will soon be here to lick his darling daddy's buthole.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by infini771: 7:58am On Sep 23, 2020
!
Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by saaron(m): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2020
Yet starvation, hunger, poverty, death and genocide by fulani terrorist against Christians is the order of the day.
Useless regime.

DISINTEGRATION OF NIGERIA WILL SAVE MILLIONS OF LIVES FROM STATE SPONSORED TERRORISM! SUPPORT IT.
Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by jericco1(m): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2020
Agriculture in Nigeria is a farce.
It is only an avenue for the rich to keep enriching themselves. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by ODJ124(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2020
Thread seen..

Buhari is working ....kudos to him..

1 Like

Re: 12 Reasons Nigeria's Agric Revolution Is Real Under President Buhari. Sept 2020 by tillaman(m): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2020
The things that are real under this PMB led government are hunger, mindless killings, herdsmen, debt and embezzlement

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Will SDP, PDP Truncate APC’s Continuity Agenda In Ekiti? / ”why We Killed Briton, italian”—suspect / 2023: Buhari Has Not Endorsed Tinubu, Osinbajo Or Any Candidate - Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.