Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi (959 Views)

NBC Revokes Licences Of Silverbird, AIT, Raypower, Rhythm FM, Others / Ben Murray-bruce Announces That Silverbird Group Will Only Finance Electric Cars / Ben Bruce Offers Kate Dekpe, With Poetic Pidgin English A Job At Silverbird (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by flyingpig: 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
The Silverbird Entertainment Group says it plans to establish cinema outlets in Ebonyi by December 2020 to meet the demands of the anticipated Christmas ‘crowd’.

Mr Guy Murray-Bruce, President of the Silverbird Group, made the pronouncement on Tuesday during a business forum organised by the Ebonyi government for chief executives of business conglomerates across the country among other economic and social stakeholders.

Murray-Bruce commended Gov. David Umahi for his massive infrastructural strides and acknowledged that such strides and the favourable business climate attracted the group to invest in the state.

“The group finds in Ebonyi, everything it needs to operate as the people are peaceful, loving and generally great people".

“We plan to be in Ebonyi, bring cinemas to the shopping mall which is the biggest mall I have seen in West Africa. I do not know how the governor did it as we were thrilled to see the beautiful street lights in Abakaliki, runways, general aesthetics and saw at least, 1,000 people working at the mall, day and night,” he said.

He said the group will install cinema screens of 100×75, 100×35 seaters at the mall and establish its interest in television and radio.

“We intend to bring ‘box to boxes’ around to world to Abakaliki as we are the pioneer of modern cinema services in Nigeria with reach across Liberia, Ghana among others. Ebonyi is a state of about three million people with 70 per cent of the population being of youthful age which effectively drives the economy of any given society."

Responding, Umahi expressed delight for Silverbird’s planned investment in the state and its rating that the Ebonyi international shopping mall was the best in West Africa.

Umahi also commended the businessmen of Igbo extraction in Lagas especially those from the Computer Village for accepting to invest in the state, stating that they demonstrated the real Igbo spirit.

“We have offered to provide necessary assistance to them (computer village businessmen) and decided to reduce the rates at the shopping mall because of their interest."

“We have also reserved the biggest edifice at the state’s Centenary city Abakaliki for the Silicon University which complies with vision of the computer village businessmen,” he said.

Umahi urged investors to disregard reports on the social media and invest in the state as they would enjoy the best of security, peace and overall conducive business environment.

HRH Nnaemeka Achebe, the Obi of Onitsha urged Ebonyi citizens to continue supporting the governor in consolidating on his strides which had actually uplifted their wellbeing and enhanced the state’s rating. Chief Nnia Nwodo, President of Ohaneze Ndigbo Socio-Cultural Organisation, urged the  Igbo residing outside the region to invest in states in the zone and also propagate the indigenous language anywhere they are.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/silverbird-group-to-establish-cinema-outlets-in-ebonyi/amp/

3 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by SLAP44: 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
Igbo development is on steroids grin

4 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by flyingpig: 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
SLAP44:
Igbo development is on steroids grin
issa good thing cheesy To be honest this is the first cinema that will be coming to Abakaliki. But we shouldn't look at the timing but rather welcome the newest arrival, for it signifies process and a step in the right direction under governor Dave.

Investors should come to ebonyi now, really. There is top infrastructure, good night life and general safety in the state, especially in abakaliki. People will be willing to spend. I've seen Roban stores and Apams establish their location in the state capital recently and it has been going well.

9 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by Iyoocartel(f): 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Iyooooooo cartel

I'm really proud of what Ebonyi state is becoming. Last week I was in abakaliki it reminded me of Enugu state when Sullivan was still the governor.
Now we have a certain incompetent buffoon who goes about snatching people lands all over Enugu state illegally and move about with loads of convoy from burial ceremonies to wedding ceremonies in search of ofe onugbu(Bitter leaf soup).

Ugwuayi BIG shame on you!

6 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by Vyzz: 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ebonyi on the rise...

Massive thanks to the present governor

3 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by yanabasee(m): 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
With our mentality, average people barely patronise cinemas....Except to go there to take pictures.
Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by IGBOSON1: 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
Can’t wait for the airport to take off! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
Establish cinema for who?

For my farmer brothers and sisters?

The shopping mall that Roban built in Abakaliki, I don't know if they make profit sef.

Now it's cinema.

I understand Umahi wants to attract good things life to Ebonyi which is what will attract visitors to Ebonyi but I don't know if cinema should be a priority.

Attract investments that will employ Ebonyians not something that will drain their scarce resources.
Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by IGBOSON1: 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
yanabasee:
With our mentality, average people barely patronise cinemas....Except to go there to take pictures.

Can you put a lid on your pessimism....at least on this optimistic thread!?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by flyingpig: 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
yanabasee:
cinema hasn't been here before so you can't tell. The location of that cinema will be very strategic, close to alex ekwueme university, very close to international market and the presco campus for medical students. It's literally in the heart of abakaliki with close proximity to tertiary students who will flock there-in especially once ASUU strike is called off. Go roban every evening and see full car parks. Especially before the pandemic.

5 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by flyingpig: 2:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
Awol1:

The shopping mall that Roban built in Abakaliki, I don't know if they make profit sef.

Now it's cinema.

I understand Umahi wants to attract good things life to Ebonyi which is what will attract visitors to Ebonyi but I don't know if cinema should be a priority.

Attract investments that will employ Ebonyians not something that will drain their scarce resources.
They do. They would have shut down if they don't. Besides I can tell they do since my home is just 12minutes walk from Roban stores. I pass there everytime I drive to and back from town. In evenings especially Roban is stuffed with cars all over their parking lots.

It's laughable you think a cinema won't provide jobs to youths. People will operate them, people will secure them. People will be employed bro. Welcome all positive things no matter their magnitude. The real large investors will dip in their money when smaller investors have keyed into the state. It is always 1 before 2. Be calming down.

10 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by pricklewane: 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
Make I tear
Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by Enudapan: 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
Be like say this ebonyi they very sophisticated
One day I go shaa go east (ebonyi)
here say everywhere Stew via urbanization for that side

1 Like

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by flyingpig: 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
Be like say this ebonyi they very sophisticated
One day I go shaa go east (ebonyi)
here say every Stew via urbanization for that side
you sabi beta wink

1 Like

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
flyingpig:
They do. They would have shut down if they don't. Besides I can tell they do since my home is just 12minutes walk from Roban stores. I pass there everytime I drive to and back from town. In evenings especially Roban is stuffed with cars all over their parking lots.

It's laughable you think a cinema won't provide jobs to youths. People will operate them, people will secure them. People will be employed bro. Welcome all positive things no matter their magnitude. The real large investors will dip in their money when smaller investors have keyed into the state. It is always 1 before 2. Be calming down.

Lol.

Bia Flyingpig, so you fly from Abakaliki?

We need to connect so we join hands and promote our emerging city on this forum.

Good to meet you here bro.

2 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by slivertongue: 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
God bless Ebonyi state and bless me too

7 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by Sammy07: 2:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
Awol1:

Now it's cinema.

Agreed.
Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by flyingpig: 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
Awol1:

Lol.

Bia Flyingpig, so you fly from Abakaliki?

We need to connect so we join hands and promote our emerging city on this forum.

Good to meet you here bro.
grin nothing shele bro. I dey with you on the third paragraph.
Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
flyingpig:
grin nothing shele bro. I dey with you on the third paragraph.

Kul.

I see you want an Umahi/Tambuwal ticket in 2023.

Even as I feel Dave is eminently qualified, don't you think Obi/Tambuwal ticket will do Nigeria greater good?
Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by flyingpig: 2:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
Awol1:

Kul.

I see you want an Umahi/Tambuwal ticket in 2023.

Even as I feel Dave is eminently qualified, don't you think Obi/Tambuwal ticket will do Nigeria greater good?
I have my reservations that I don't want to say publicly.
Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 23, 2020
flyingpig:
I have my reservations that I don't want to say publicly.

Call me:

Deleting in a sec
Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by Karlovich: 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2020
Silverbird dont do this, Potopoto republic is incondusive for such a venture
Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by gwafaeziokwu: 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
Emyzoloye5:
dat won't stop Ebonyians from being timid and backward set of people

very dirty and wicked people

Very uncalled for.

Please kindly mention your state let's compare.

6 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by IGBOSON1: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2020
flyingpig:
cinema hasn't been here before so you can't tell. The location of that cinema will be very strategic, close to alex ekwueme university, very close to international market and the presco campus for medical students. It's literally in the heart of abakaliki with close proximity to tertiary students who will flock there-in especially once ASUU strike is called off. Go roban every evening and see full car parks. Especially before the pandemic.

Funnily enough, it’s the same annoying peeps that scream ‘Ebonyi don’t need airport’ that are also screaming ‘Ebonyi don’t need mall or cinema....they’re all poor, broke-ass farmers and gala sellers’! It’s lost on them the fact that a cinema/mall and a airport can compliment each other nicely as one helps and catalyses the other to grow!

You get the feeling they’re not happy as Ebonyi is being developed and would much prefer it to be the ‘local’ backwater state they use to laugh at Ndigbo and make fun of!

8 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by flyingpig: 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
IGBOSON1:

..they’re not happy as Ebonyi is being developed and would much prefer it to be the ‘local’ backwater state they used to laugh at Ndigbo and make fun of!
This is the summary of everything. For them, no more Ebonyi to make jest of, and it hurts them that their play instrument is been taken away from them.

7 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by proeast(m): 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
If only half of Nigeria's irresponsible governors can be like Umahi, this country would go far in no time.

Dave Umahi is definitely the best governor in the history of Ebonyi state and among the best ever in the history of Nigeria. He has single handedly developed Ebonyi from a backwater state to an emerging powerhouse.

Great job man!!!

4 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by proeast(m): 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2020
FOXDOSSIER:
[s]Are they going to be hawking gala in the cinema? What's the business of a state it's people are most poor gala hawkers with cinema?[/s]

Stop talking rubbish, every state in Nigeria has hawkers so you have no point. These people you are letting down as hawkers are earning better than some bank workers, teachers or clerical staff who earn 40k monthly, or even those agbo sellers who are found all over Nigeria.

Stop mocking people doing legal things to earn a living.

6 Likes

Re: Silverbird Group To Establish Cinema Outlet In Ebonyi by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2020
Iyoocartel:
Iyooooooo cartel

I'm really proud of what Ebonyi state is becoming. Last week I was in abakaliki it reminded me of Enugu state when Sullivan was still the governor.
Now we have a certain incompetent buffoon who goes about snatching people lands all over Enugu state illegally and move about with loads of convoy from burial ceremonies to wedding ceremonies in search of ofe onugbu(Bitter leaf soup).

Ugwuayi BIG shame on you!
the idiot come carry him posters decorate the whole state like say na achievement

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dr. Mrs Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Becomes New WTO Boss / Breaking: PENGASSAN Begins Nationwide Strike / If Wike Says I Am A Thief, He’s The Bigger Thief — Bazia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.