Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group (2956 Views)

Rally Will Not Be Allowed At Lekki Toll Gate Tomorrow - Lagos PPRO, Ben Hundeyin / Ndigbo Movement Warn Against October 1st Rally, As Court Adjourns Suit / Yoruba Nation Rally Will Hold On June 12 - Olayomi Koiki (Igboho’s Spokesman) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by LosC: 4:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
A Diaspora coalition, Yoruba One Voice, YOV, on Wednesday, said its proposed sensitisation rally slated for October 1 remains sacrosanct, assuring participants of a peaceful rally.

The YOV presently in 176 countries across all the six continents, is the umbrella group of over 300 groups of Yoruba descendants in the world.

The group explained that the self-determination rally tagged:”Oodua Republic” sensitization campaign was designed to draw the attention of the global world to situation and happenings in Nigeria,stressing that the rally would be conducted in line with the global template for the fulfilment of its desire as well the liberation of the Yoruba people in Nigeria.

In a statement by YOV’s Director of Communications, Mr Zacheaus Somorin stated that all arrangements have been concluded to ensure a peaceful rally.

Somorin said: “The rally is to sensitize the world on the need to liberate Yoruba race from the shackles of bondage. We have made our position known to our people in Nigeria. The reason for seeking self-determination as the best means and alternative is to save the nation from impending implosion.

“Nigeria has failed. The country is falling by the day.Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, said it recently, Prof.Wole Soyinka also said it, even the Aare Onakakanfo of Yoruba land, Iba Gani Adams, has raised the alarm severally that the country is drifting.

“Similarly, the revered former Catholic Archbishop of Abuja Diocese, John Onaiyekan, now Archbishop Emeritus, didn’t mince words recently in an interview where he said Nigeria can break up even before 2023 if we continue to be irresponsible and reckless.

“In Nigeria today, life is of no value.

There is raging insecurity, electoral rigging, corruption, nepotism and cruel misgovernance. Nigerians at home are mostly affected. There is a need for us to rise against political enslavement by a section of the country.”

The YOV spokesman also stated that “It is all about our image, it is all about our identity as a member of a nation. This ‘forced marriage’ has not been working.’

“Nigeria will be 60 by October and the truth is that there is nothing to show for it. Nothing except senseless killings, kidnapping, corruption, election rigging occasioned by bad leadership. So, we need to change the narratives. We need to fight against this lawlessness and huge misappropriation of national fortune.”

Somorin, however, urged Yoruba sons and daughters in Nigeria to brace up to the reality of the situation on ground,stressing that the coming event will surely change the narratives of the country.

“The feedback we are getting from the Diaspora indicates that Yoruba in Nigeria is ready for the rally and the campaign for the actualisation of Oodua Republic. The spirit of Yoruba race is high and we are monitoring unfolding events and I am sure we shall achieve the best for our race”, he affirmed.

Mynd44
Lalasticlala

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/oodua-republic-were-holding-our-oct-1-rally-in-6-continents-yoruba-diaspora-group/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Marine54(m): 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ok ! Self determination is sacrosanct. Mod front page pls !
Oh lest i forget , Nairaland says no to secessionist thread is here...

3 Likes

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Dannybammz: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2020
I support this movement
GOD BLESS ODUDUWA REPUBLIC

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Goodmarlian: 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2020
God bless oduduwa republic ,I heard buratai and his men has being ordered to shoot any protester at sight please make Una fortify Una self well... wink

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by ISLAMBAD: 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is MURIC aware , the leader of Yoruba Muslims ?

20 Likes

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by ican2020: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
Yorubas are really serious in having their own country, that is a great mission.

I wish them luck

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Dannybammz: 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2020
Seun
Oluwa Mynd44 please Front page

2 Likes

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by jlinkd78(m): 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
Great

1 Like

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by BlowYourMind: 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by freeborn02: 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
Awa igbo blodas still think Yorubas don't travel. So, how did they have representation in 176 countries if they don't travel?

2 Likes

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by T9ksy(m): 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
Just like Amotekun, the yoruba nation is here to stay. Nothing Buhari and his fulani brothers can do about it.

Same goes for Jagabandit and his agbero followers. When yorubas says "enough is enough" , no one can stand in their way.

I have already purchased my T-shirt as well as that of my family members and we shall surely come out in droves, on Oct. 1st.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by muykem: 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
Who are the convener of this nonsense? If Yoruba wants self determination, there's a better way to go about it not by adopting IPOB myopic strategy. We can not risk people's life without any concrete plans on ground.

1 Like

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Goodmarlian: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
muykem:
Who are the convener of this nonsense? If Yoruba wants self determination, there's a better way to go about it not by adopting IPOB myopic strategy. We can not risk people's life without any concrete plans on ground.

Noise makers ,why did you start your movement since..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Asapchris(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
I always told my colleagues that Yorubas are not cowards, they only believe in patient to achieve their plan. And if you think you are smarter than them, then they will react.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by tamdun: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
freeborn02:
Awa igbo blodas still think Yorubas don't travel. So, how did they have representation in 176 countries if they don't travel?
Abeg no derail the thread, leave Igbo out of this

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Sammy07: 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
T9ksy:
Just like Amotekun, the yoruba nation is here to stay. Nothing Buhari and his fulani brothers can do about it.

Same goes for Jagabandit and his agbero followers. When yorubas says "enough is enough" , no one can stand in their way.

I have already purchased my T-shirt as well as that of my family members and we shall surely come out in droves, on Oct. 1st.

Same here.

7 Likes

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Sammy07: 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
ISLAMBAD:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is MURIC aware ?
Muric is up for sale. We don't have unreasonable people in Yorubaland.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by bishop4life(m): 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nigeria's unity is either negotiated or liquidated.

God bless us all.

Goodmarlian:

Let us erase all our fears and thats all..

Those fears were instilled in us for a purpose.
You will never know what you can do, unless you try.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Goodmarlian: 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
bishop4life:
Nigeria's unity is either negotiated or liquidated.

God bless us all.

Let us erase all our fears and thats all..

1 Like

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by LosC: 5:31pm On Sep 23, 2020
Sammy07:

Muric is up for sale.
We don't have unreasonable people in Yorubaland.

Muric said they should arrest
Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Sammy07: 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
LosC:

Muric said they should arrest
That man is actually speaking for himself.

1 Like

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
IPOB rally, don’t worry bayajida will send presidential guards and anaconda dance to shoot all of you cool
Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Ravern: 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2020
It is high time those who truly love this country stand up and entrench equity and justice before the sun set and never to raise again. The current government has almost destroyed the remaining spirit of goodwill and patriotism we have as a nation. The dissenting voices are now ear-defeaning and how long things can continue hold on without falling apart, nobody really knows. It scary being a Nigerian now.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Sammy07: 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2020
mynd44 shahara reporters carries it. fp BTW it's oodua nation not republic.
Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by oskopy: 5:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
Amebo, how is that your business? please focus on your own
Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Lipscomb(m): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
I still believe that There's a way we could solve this issues without results to crisis. I'm urging Yoruba to use another method for their quest for independence.

The real fact is that if you're a president of this country and you hear someone trying to wage war you will not seat and fold your hands you will react.

If you love your life stay clear from this protest Yoruba are wiser than this .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by MightySparrow: 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
If you like hold your rally on the Moon and Iyanmiri its own on Mars, we fulani own Nigeria and will hold our own in the heart of Nigeria and Sambisa Forest. We no send.
Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by selemempe: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2020
Lipscomb:
I still believe that There's a way we could solve this issues without results to crisis. I'm urging Yoruba to use another method for their quest for independence.

The real fact is that if you're a president of this country and you hear someone trying to wage war you will not seat and fold your hands you will react.

If you love your life stay clear from this protest Yoruba are wiser than this .
awon cowards...lol grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Lipscomb(m): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2020
Oh you are looking for partner you will never find it
selemempe:
awon cowards...lol grin
Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by Wollykayb: 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
God bless Oduduwa republic

7 Likes

Re: Oodua Republic: Oct 1st Rally Will Hold In 6 Continents — Yoruba Diaspora Group by GallantDuke(m): 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2020
Sammy07:
mynd44 shahara reporters carries it. fp BTW it's oodua nation not republic.
The topic said "Oodua republic" not nation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Governor To Be Sacked / PDP Primaries: What Apostle Johnson Suleman Said About Atiku Abubakar's Victory / Peter Obi Movement Is Now Bigger Than Obi Himself - Arewa Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.