Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations (26424 Views)

Manchester City Banned From UEFA Club Competitions For 2 Seasons & Fined €30m / OFFICIAL: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Shortlisted For 2018-19 UEFA Men's POTY / Mikel Obi Finally Breaks Silence After Being Omitted From Super Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by obembet(f): 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
It's the first time in a decade that neither has been nominated for the award

Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have been omitted from the nominations for the UEFA Men's Player of the Year awards.

For the first time in 10 years, the two greatest players of the modern game do not appear on the shortlist for the awards, for which Kevin De Bruyne and Robert Lewandowski are considered favourites to win.

Despite their confirmed places in the pantheon of the greats, few could argue with the decision not to nominate Messi and Ronaldo after the 2019/20 season. While Ronaldo did help Juventus to win yet another Serie A title, both Juve and Barcelona were eliminated from the Champions League before the latter stages.

While both Ronaldo and Messi bagged a rather disappointing three goals apiece in eight Champions League matches, Lewandowski scored 15 on his way to helping Bayern Munich win the competition.

The final player on the three-man shortlist is Lewandowski's Munich teammate Manuel Neuer, who enjoyed a stellar run of performances in the truncated knockout stage of the Champions League in Lisbon.

He made a number of key saves in the final against Paris Saint-Germain as his side defeated the Ligue 1 giants 2-0.

Source: https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/messi-ronaldo-uefa-mens-player-of-the-year-250401

17 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by ipica: 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
As a manchester city fan, I want Debryne to win this, but Lewandowski has been unreal. My head Lewandowski, my heart Debryne.

110 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Hunguam: 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Jezz

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Slawormir: 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Lewandowski any day anytime twice on Wednesday

That guy is some thing else.....

The day i start to dey fear that guy na the day way he score five goals within nine minutes

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
No surprise as both teams couldn't get to the semi finals.

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by paulolee(m): 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
abeg thier two don too try...make them rest and watch others win...
av said it before that any individual awards this year should be given to lewandowski...even if its europe best, asia best, african best or south american best...he was the best individual player in the whole world and he deserve them all because he may have easily won the balloon d or assuming it did take place...

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Kenzboi1(m): 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Chidexter(m): 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Messi came fourth by the way, as for Ronaldo, scroll down some more

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by FuckThaMod: 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
I'm not surprised at messi exclusion, that camp nou Wi-Fi went trophyless and got 8-2 demolition without being on the score sheet. But CR7 the G.O.A.T, e weak me cos he is suppose to win that award every year. The first athlete to win iffhs 5 times, no other has won more than 2

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Two GOATS..

They may have been omitted, but in our hearts, their names have been written in everlasting ink.

10 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by obembet(f): 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
ipica:
As a manchester city fan, I want Debryne to win this, but Lewandowski has been unreal. My head Lewandowski, my heart Debryne.

What is de bruyne doing here?? yeah he had great season but honestly, he wasn't even best midfielder this season.. Thomas Muller was too good this season..

14 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by zikcash(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ok

9 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by faithfulsoul: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
Really
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by samx4real(m): 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2020
Them no good again na
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by princeade86(m): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
They tried. I no understand weed wey op take oooooo. Who bayern beat 2:0 for final or op predict tomorrow scores down ni between bayern and sevila.

2 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Ayilara1(m): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ok

Lingard should be eyeing the price

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Openbusiness: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by IamGoke(m): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
OP, it is 1-0 oooh!

obembet:

What is de bruyne doing here?? yeah he had great season but honestly, he wasn't even best midfielder this season.. Thomas Muller was too good this season..

Thomas whaaaaaaat!!!

What of Alcantara??

2 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by itchie: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Lewandowski will win it.
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Wassapviews: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
You don't mean it undecided

undecided

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Enudapan: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
Both of them as still legend shaa

2 Likes

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by bottlewater1(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
wetin be my own

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by 9jayes: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2020

Messi can still win it

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by 9jayes: 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
It means Salah is going to win the award no doubt. Up liverpool YNWA.
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Odunayomi247(m): 7:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
abeg give this thing to lewandowski already na
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Mikelarteta(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
Everything that has a beginning must surely have an end, no champion for life. That’s why we should all be careful the way we treat people when we are in position of authority cos one day, you will leave that seat.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Bigmikedagod(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
f
Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Bonapart(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
Federal list. Quota system

1 Like

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by GallantDuke(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
I think there should be an embargo to this Messi-Ronaldo saga?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi And Ronaldo Omitted From Uefa Men’s Poty Nominations by Mohayemi(m): 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hmmmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ronaldo, Messi, Lewandowski : 2021 Top Scorers Ranked / Lists Of African Born Players Playing For European Countries. / Kelechi Nwakali Joins Porto On Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.