Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Obaseki: How God Used Wike For My Re-election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: How God Used Wike For My Re-election (394 Views)

Ize-Iyamu To Obaseki: How Much Dollars Did You Pay PDP For Governorship Ticket? / Obaseki: How I Survived Epic Political Battles / Asari Dokubo And Ijaw Endorse Wike For 2nd Term (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki: How God Used Wike For My Re-election by WonderManly(m): 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
Wike and Obaseki

Sodiq Oyeleke

The Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has commended Edo people, the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, and other Peoples Democratic Party Governors for their roles in his re-election.

The governor gave the commendation during his thank-you visit to Wike at Government House in Port Harcourt, on Wednesday, according to a statement.

Obaseki was accompanied on the visit by his wife, Mrs. Betsy Obaseki; Deputy Governor, Rt. Hon. Philip Shaibu, and his wife, Mrs. Maryann Shaibu, with members of the Edo PDP Campaign Council led by Chief Dan Orbih.

He said, “I want to thank Edo people for their doggedness and determination in ensuring that their votes counted and the will of the people achieved.

“The victory in the September 19 poll was made possible by God and God used the people as an instrument to actualise my second term ambition.

“After I was pushed out of my former party, this house was the first place I sought solace. You took me in as a brother, out of the storm, changed my clothes, and gave me food to eat.

“It was in this house, the Campaign Council met to work out the key strategies that led us to victory. You mobilised people across the country. You moved to Benin, went through the humiliation and attacks. You supported us and we won.

“It will be a sin against God if we do not come to say thank you. Even if the victory we are celebrating is from God. He has used people like you to make it happen.”

Obaseki assured that “Edo will be better with his re-election as his administration will concentrate on delivering development to Edo people”.

On his part, Wike commended Obaseki and his deputy, for standing firmly by the Edo people, adding that it was a motivating factor for them to join hands in solidarity.

The Rivers State Governor expressed his excitement that all the states in the South-South geopolitical zone now belonged to one political party and could now speak with one voice.

He urged Obaseki to forgive those who stood against him in the build-up to the election.

He said, “I did not want division. I insisted that it will be good we are all together. This will make it easy to go into the electoral battle and win.

“I thank you, my brother, Obaseki for carrying everybody along in the party. Edo people are also looking up to you.

“Forgive everybody. Forgive your political opponents. I am happy that today, South-South is under one political party. This will make for integration. We can speak with one voice in moving Nigeria forward. This is the sweetest electoral victory I have ever witnessed.”

The Chairman, Caretaker/Extra-Ordinary National Convention Planning Committee of the All Progressives Congress, Mai Mala Buni, and his Kogi State counterpart, Yahaya Bello, held a closed-door meeting with the party’s governorship candidate in the just-concluded Edo governorship election, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, in Abuja, on Wednesday.

Although details of the meeting, which held at Buni’s private residence in Abuja, were still sketchy as of the time of filing this report, The PUNCH gathered that the meeting was meant to carry out an overview of what happened on Saturday, and chart a way forward for the candidate and the party.

The PUNCH gathered that the two governors used the occasion to advise the candidate to accept the outcome of the election and move on.

On Monday, Buni, in a statement titled “Edo State Governorship Election: Victory for Democracy,” congratulated the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Godwin Obaseki, who won the election, describing the conduct of the election and its outcome as a victory for Nigeria’s democracy.

The statement read in part, “The September 19, 2020 Edo State Governorship election is over, the winner has been declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in the person of Mr. Godwin Obaseki, candidate of the People Democratic Party.

“We hereby congratulate the winner of the election, the people of Edo State and all Nigerians. The peaceful conduct of the election and its outcome represent a victory for Nigeria’s democracy.”

https://punchng.com/how-god-used-wike-for-my-re-election-obaseki/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR32xWP6zQfw0vaHv4VGmoV1BtupnbeA_aTmaIHRd5cJVAykUfVQ6uApVIM#Echobox=1600886521

Re: Obaseki: How God Used Wike For My Re-election by Vision4God: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
Wike wike. Congratulations to you all
Re: Obaseki: How God Used Wike For My Re-election by IME1: 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
undecided ok now we don tire
I'm not tired of Obaseki talking oh,
But I'm tired of the bloggers, journalists and mods who keep pushing this new to our faces in small doses angrydoses
Abi na every day e dey talk all these different things?
His excellency needs to end these post election hype and get to work, focus and get back to governance angry
the goats must be kept from the yams, whether they carry broom or umbrella
God bless Nigerians and all mankind, including Wike, Philip, Godwin, Adams and Osagie tongue

Re: Obaseki: How God Used Wike For My Re-election by SmartProf(m): 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
After Obaseki bounced out of Egypt, Wike led him through the red sea to the promise land. Person wey talk say Wike no be man of God, need go theology school.
Re: Obaseki: How God Used Wike For My Re-election by ismail4sure: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
Small small o
We all knew BUBU sacrifice Edo poll to silence OshoPikni
Re: Obaseki: How God Used Wike For My Re-election by yanabasee(m): 7:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
Just don't disappoint the Edo people....

This was how Buhari was massively celebrated and now a massive failure....
Re: Obaseki: How God Used Wike For My Re-election by jlinkd78(m): 8:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
Wike d General
Re: Obaseki: How God Used Wike For My Re-election by richiemcgold: 9:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
I miss wike and fayose combo of change era.

(1) (Reply)

I Will Congratulate Our President If Ondo Election Passes Transparency Test / N31trn Debt: Senate President Cautions Buhari Against Excessive Borrowing - VID / JUMIA is Anti Entrpreneural to Nigerian businesses...and pro Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.