Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,067 members, 7,807,204 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona (39146 Views)

Manchester City Eliminates Real Madrid From The Champions League / Arsenal Signs Coutinho From Barcelona / Kieran Trippier Joins Atletico Madrid From Tottenham On 3-Year Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona by Bossman25(m): 4:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sorry Egbaaan! (Big Brother..)abii no be wetin we dey call una be that....
Sir, before you post....please be more specific and clear......
Barca is my club and love......that info of yours is wrong....ask any Liverpool fan and they will tell u that Barca is a rival not wife....even if Barca beats real Madrid 6-0 this season....real is not my wife...its still a rival.....
Clubs like Man city, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tothenham...are my wife.....because they have not won half of the trophies Barca has won..
Liverpool have practically won the same trophies as Barca.even Man U...even Barca has more trophies than Liverpool....Real Madrid have more league and UCL title than everyone...so they are rivals....not wife....
Please no dey come here they misinterprete information for everyone.......
So sir, reason and post heen!
Even if Bayern beat Barca 12-0 tomorrow them still be rivals that not wifey matter........because they have won practically the same amount of trophies.....Barca has 5 UCL Bayern has 6 now.....so that's rivalry

uniquetechng:
I know you have problem reading and you chose to insult me to show your bad upbringing . i quoted someone I think is mature and expecting a matured response from too, not a kid like you because I have two 20+ years children in my house.

And Liverpool has defeated the very best Madrid team at their home turf, did same to Barca at Nou Camp.

Till knock Liverpool off and stop them qualifying from knock stage of any UEFA competition Barca remains Liverpool's wife .
Re: Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona by Eekanem(m): 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
[quote author=janedonez post=94245632]What? Anyway, he paid his dues. 3rd highest goal scorer isn't a minor feat for a young lad like him in a prestigious club like FC Barcelona..., and he is the highest prolific striker]
Re: Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona by TheBeat: 4:21pm On Sep 24, 2020
Bossman25:
Good riddance....
Barca create nothing less than 50 chances per match for this dude.....he would score the hardest of goals....
But the simple goals he will miss them.....
Also his footwork his gone....Suarez can't run with the ball anymore....
Suarez was benefitting immensely from messi.....to the extent that....you will think they were glued or something.....
We need younger and sharper striker.....
All those old men too GATS to goooo! Pique and them

quote author=TheBeat post=94245654]Barca is losing it from sporting perspective although his huge wages makes it economically good.
The guy is still a predator in the box and all he needed is to roam around the box with good midfielders feeding him. He can be a good back up or used for hard games.

Old Suarez is still better than aimless Griezmann.

Good luck El pistero and thank you for your contributions.

Força Barca
You are right bro but that's not how to phase out old players. Who is replacing him? You have to get someone and allow the person to understudy him for a season. Look at the way Xavi left the club. Rakitic was bought and Xavi played less minutes that season....that's the transition. The board is shit. Look at how the transition from Puyol to Mascharano happened. That's why Bayern has a better project. They get your replacement to play for a year or two. You don't just wake up and decide to sell all your old legs.
Re: Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2020
oyatainer:

Is it even new in Barca and Madrid? They need to balance the book in term of wages. Besides, the same thing was done to Iniesta and Xavi. So no crime unless you are taking something out of it. Alba, Busquet and Pique will agree to pay cut and Messi that is even there is there not because of field performance but market value in endorsement, advert and sponsorship

Taking a pay cut or leaving if you want to, would be a more respectable treatment to a player of his Calibre than strictly forcing him out of the club. They are making him look like he has always been a liability(someone who has been VERY INSTRUMENTAL in all they have won). Although some other guys were also sold alongside him, but none of them has been as vital as he to the club. At least this guy belongs to the class of Pique, Sergio etc and all the likes you just mentioned. Why were they not forced out too?
And FYI Xavi and iniesta were treated far more respectful than this.
Re: Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona by Unbreakable007: 5:11pm On Sep 24, 2020
tesppidd:
Ageless indeed!

Apart from winning Serie A which Juve won 7 consecutive times without him,
What has "CR7" achieved since he got to Italy.?

This ur comment hv won u free sex.
Re: Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona by FA13(m): 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
oyatainer:

His wages not only performance is the problem

They could have renegotiated that for him to receive pay cut.
Selling him for 1million is a stupid decision to me especially to a rival team
Re: Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona by goodheart02(m): 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2020
tesppidd:
Ageless indeed!
Apart from winning Serie A which Juve won 7 consecutive times without him, What has "CR7" achieved since he got to Italy.?

Messi ass worshipper spotted
Re: Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona by HundredWays(m): 5:36am On Sep 25, 2020
tillaman:
typical Real Madrid fan na
Stereotype
Y’all are famed for your foul mouth and chest beating
Am I lying?

Barça have 26 la liga.. Madrid 34

Barca have 5 UCL... Madrid 13

Different levels cool
Re: Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona by tillaman(m): 6:55am On Sep 25, 2020
HundredWays:
Am I lying?

Barça have 26 la liga.. Madrid 34

Barca have 5 UCL... Madrid 13

Different levels cool
since CR7 left Madrid you guys haven’t healed, I hope you people find peace or better yet you can port to Juventus forms are still very much available
Re: Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona by Moyinoluwa35(f): 7:29am On Sep 25, 2020
Debra911:

I already did, but its like i've got some issuses with my email. Here s my contact 08039153235, thanks
I will contact u shortly you can delete your number
Re: Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona by Bossman25(m): 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2020
What are we phasing out....
We buy players to trust them...and build confidence.....these older players have become toxic that they will manipulate the whole thing to keep their starting bert guaranteed ......
Nobody is understudying anybody.....Rakitic was bought for the first team...Lucho had changed the team dynamics and Rakitic was important.....Xavi unlike Suarez should have left......but Suarez was too greedy......
The messi rant is uncalled for.......Suarez was blocking the path for Greizmann.....Greizmann should be the starter while Suarez should be the bench piece but it was the other way round.....
At the end of it all....its all about the attack playing as a unit and a team...not Suarez & messi alone.....

TheBeat:

You are right bro but that's not how to phase out old players. Who is replacing him? You have to get someone and allow the person to understudy him for a season. Look at the way Xavi left the club. Rakitic was bought and Xavi played less minutes that season....that's the transition. The board is shit. Look at how the transition from Puyol to Mascharano happened. That's why Bayern has a better project. They get your replacement to play for a year or two. You don't just wake up and decide to sell all your old legs.
Re: Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid from Barcelona by TheBeat: 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2020
Bossman25:
What are we phasing out....
We buy players to trust them...and build confidence.....these older players have become toxic that they will manipulate the whole thing to keep their starting bert guaranteed ......
Nobody is understudying anybody.....Rakitic was bought for the first team...Lucho had changed the team dynamics and Rakitic was important.....Xavi unlike Suarez should have left......but Suarez was too greedy......
The messi rant is uncalled for.......Suarez was blocking the path for Greizmann.....Greizmann should be the starter while Suarez should be the bench piece but it was the other way round.....
At the end of it all....its all about the attack playing as a unit and a team...not Suarez & messi alone.....

I understand your point but you have to understand how football works and best way to have a healthy sports project.
Firstly, no footballer likes to sit on the bench especially when he is still active in international football. Suarez and Messi are still active with Uruguay and Argentina respectively. They need every minute. That's where a good coach comes in. By good coach I mean a leader on and off the pitch. They play to their satisfaction and team's need. Coaches that have balls. For a healthy sports project, the club must support the coach by signing good players (not makeshift players like Braithwaite and Andre Gomez quality). Then the coach should make the squad competitive, I mean people should play because they deserve it. You don't sign players and ask them to be back-up players. It kills the spirit of competitiveness.
Again you don't throw away players because they are old, it sends bad signal to the team. Some players would like to retire in their respective clubs. What good clubs or coaches should do is to handle the transition slowly and in bits. You buy a player to understudy the main person and provide some sort of competition. Choose when to play the younger ones and when to rest old legs. Look at how Wenger phased out Patrick Vieira. Fabregas was brought in without Viera feeling bad. Look at how Bravo was phased out and replaced with Ter Stegen.
Suarez didn't lose form, natural law of aging just set in. He is still a better finisher than Griezmann even at his age. You don't just buy Griezmann and bench Suarez immediately. It hurts their ego and affects team spirit and cohesion. Frankie De Jong will gradually phase out Busquet. Look at CB position, you don't expect Pique to play all matches and give 100%. Who is there to take over? Ronald Araujo is supposed to be introduced gradually but the board and coaches are not seeing that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Wins Olympic Silver Medal / Ighalo, Omeruo, Ideye Relax In A Pool In Abuja Ahead Of Algeria Clash... Photo / Xavi Tells Barcelona To Sign Cesar Azpilicueta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.