Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,600 members, 7,770,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:46 AM

Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! (15489 Views)

Throwback Picture Of President Tinubu, Rolling Dollar And Dele Alake / Adamu Garba: ‘Cows More Valuable Than Oil And Gas’ / Nigeria Policemen Protest: "Stop Killing Us, Stop Burning Police Stations" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by LikeAking: 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2020
Biodun556:
THE VALUE OF THE NAIRA.
~Eruobodo.

A currency's value is what is can fetch those who use it as a means of exchange!

Those in America use dollars and those in the UK use pounds sterling. Emiratis use Dirhams and Indians Rupees. Nigerians therefore use the Naira.

The Naira today, is equivalent to 600 units to the GB£ and 500 units to the US$.

Though we are quick to lampoon the Naira as worthless, but let us compare how much value each of these currencies equivalents fetch their owners/holders, within their borders?

In the US, a dollar ($) may not buy you more than a small bottle of water, while N500 will buy you a pack of 12 of the same bottles of water in Nigeria!

A pound (GB£) may not buy you even a small loaf of bread in London, but in Lagos, N600 will buy you and your partner, breakfast for 2, consisting of one N250 big loaf of bread, 4 fried eggs and 2 bottles of water!

Days ago, I bought 50 pieces of medium sized oranges from the Ketu fruit market for N1,000, that's just $2! I bought 3 pineapples for N500 ($1)!

A litre of fuel costs N160 in Lagos, but cost $0.86 (N430) in New York! While I know people who pay cad1,700 (N500,000) per month for their glorified room and parlour self-contained in Ottawa, that is what a friend pays in 6 months, for a 2 bedroom apartment, with separate toilet, bathroom and proper kitchen, in Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi!

So why do Nigerians make so much noise over the value of their currency, when it still fetches them more value than the other currencies that they pitch the Naira against? The answer is simple: the "values" of Nigerians!

While Nigerians reacted with consternation at Dino Melaye's obnoxious display of his stolen wealth, the average Nigerian behaves exactly like Dino Melaye! From the man on the streets to the Churchpreneurs who claim to represent God!

They produce nothing, but want to flaunt everything!

Someone lamented to me about his wife's tenant, who has failed to pay N120,000 rent, for nearly a year, but slaughtered a ram and made festivities, worth N150,000, during the last Moslem "Ileya" festival!
Ask me what the man produces? Zilch!

Had this same debtor taken the N150,000, wasted on the one day feasting to the market, it will be more than enough to set up a fried Yam, sweet potatoes, Akara business, that can net him N300,000 monthly, and take him out of poverty and debt forever!

So, because Nigerians are unproductive at home, but consume from used clothes, to fake hair and eye lashes, to even PMS, from the abroad, they keep whining about the value of the dollar/pound-sterling against their currency.

There are universities in Nigeria, and I had my education entirely in Nigeria! So, if I chose to send my children abroad, what is the headache of the government in my personal decision, should the currency in their country of choice proves unaffordable to me? Who send me?

My personal definition of the problem with Nigeria is that, the policies of the State are manipulated to suit the indulgences of certain classes of Nigerians, who feed fat on the miseries of the masses.

Government resorted to importing fuel because some privileged Nigerians criminally destroyed our refining capacities. Rather than punish them, we put the punishment on Nigerians.

Government "subsidized" the same imported fuel, to create artificial opportunities for some privileged people to loot our treasury, under the artificially created system of "subsidies".

These Nigerians and their fraudulent economists should stop fooling themselves about the poor exchange rates of the nation's currency. 95% of the citizens of this country need food, water, Medicare, etc, obtainable in Naira!

If some useless, lecherous and unproductive, yet entitled, vanity flaunting elements like Dino Melaye, need foreign currencies to feed their insanity, what has that got to do with Nigeria?

If you want to indulge in the zero nutrition Orange, imported from wherever and sold at times ten that of super tasting Oranges from Benue, must Nigeria care about your price plight? Who send you?

If you chose Pizza over Aboki freshly cooked spicy bread and eggs, please find enough Naira to indulge in your borrowed Italian taste. #KokanAye!

This argument over our poor currency is a lie of the elite to pass their problems as everyone's!

Days ago, I made a 4 litre bowl of cooked beans (enough to feed at least 8 adults) from a N200 ($0:40) measure of beans! Add another N500 ($1) worth of sweet potatoes, and you have a super nutritious meal for 8 adults!

That's less than $3 in total, N1,500 (including the costs of other stuff like onions, peppers and oil), to feed 8 adults?

Before you complain that the Naira is weak, tell me what you need the foreign currencies for, and #Eruobodo will show you how you and Dino Melaye are related!

Take this piece of vrap down.

Economic ilitrate.

Millions of Nigerians cant be wrong.

You go buy orrenge and water.

U nid deliverance

Apc member.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by PeacenLove2: 10:07pm On Sep 24, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Forget about the nominal value of the wages, think of it in relative terms.

For example minimum wage in China, south korea etc. How much of a living can you get , now compare with Nigeria.

It'll begin to make sense.

It doesn't make any sense if my take home is 30,000 naira against the continuous rise in prices of commodities.

You cannot separate cost/standard of living and inflation. Purchasing power does not lie, it tells you the state of your economy. The strength of your currency is open knowledge. The CBN has been implementing different policies to get some stability in that area to no avail.

With globalization, and the International trading currency being mostly the dollars, the Naira is at a serious disadvantage. Unless we turn into an island and isolate ourselves if only we were self sufficient and don't depend on any other for survival.

Quality of life in Nigeria and these countries mentioned are not even close. It's not like Nigerians enjoy living under <$1 a day. It's just the reality.

Look I like the angle of this write up but it is erroneous, non-factual and basically untrue.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by LikeAking: 10:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
Their are some states in the USA wia things are also very cheap.

This post is rubish.

The naira doesnt have more value than the usd n co.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 24, 2020
Openbusiness:
It doesn't make any sense at all, no matter how you look at it. It will only make sense as per deception and we want to be telling a lie and then telling more lies to cover the lie and repeat till infinity. See below, I already did the numbers as per minimum wage within the 2 economies. Nigeria currency is not valuable than dollar in any ramification. If you are telling me it's better then you are saying that you as a person will prefer to live in Nigeria to earn and collect N30,000 per month max. minimum wage than live in America to earn and collect $2,400 per month max. minimum wage. You are telling me that your standard of living with N30,000 in Nigeria is better than the standard of living with $2,400 in America. You are telling me that your N30K per month in Nigeria has more purchasing power and will buy you more goods in Nigeria than the purchasing power of $2,400 in America since you claim Naira is more valuable than Dollar. Is that not a bloody lie?

Oga you have missed the point.

Isn't it clear that the dollar is more valuable than naira?

The point is that with the way Nigeria is structured now, let's assume they even bump up the wages a bit , say another 25 percent increase, the Naira can be as valuable if there's innovation in the country.

I'm talking about real innovation, where we can build our own machines, robot's etc.

We have a leg up. Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Openbusiness: 10:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

Oga you have missed the point.

Isn't it clear that the dollar is more valuable than naira?

The point is that with the way Nigeria is structured now, let's assume they even bump up the wages a bit , say another 25 percent increase, the Naira can be as valuable if there's innovation in the country.

I'm talking about real innovation, where we can build our own machines, robot's etc.

We have a leg up. Simple.
bro, whether Nigeria has potential for greatness or not is another topic entirely. This article and this particular thread centers on Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound and this premise, claim and the article that followed it is a lie. There's no truth in the claim that Naira is more valuable than Dollar and Pounds. That's my point.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
Openbusiness:
bro, whether Nigeria has potential for greatness or not is another topic entirely. This article and this particular thread centers on Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound and this premise, claim and the article that followed it is a lie. There's no truth in the claim that Naira is more valuable than Dollar and Pounds. That's my point.

Ok , i agree.

The argument falls with the minimum wage.

If the minimum wage could cover living expenses, then it would make sense.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by SIRTee15: 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

They outsourced a lot of the labour to Asia but it's impacting jobs at home, so a correction is being made as we speak.

What i mean is if they can have cheap labor within their own countries using their own people, it's possible to even double their gdp, but westerners can't accept low wages.

Even Asian countries can't compare with Africa in terms of wages.

Maybe we are saying the same thing, I'm not sure i understand you correctly, but my point is Nigerian currency can be as highly valued as the us or at least China if we are as innovative.

If we become innovative n an industrialised exporting nation, our currency will rise. The value of naira to dollar or pound will increase, it won't remain static at #500 to 1 dollar.
That's the point people are missing. The value of a currency is directly proportional to the strength of the economy.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
SIRTee15:

If we become innovative n become an industrialised exporting nation, our currency will rise. The value of naira to dollar or pound will increase, it won't remain static at #500 to 1 dollar.
That's the point people are missing. The value of a currency is directly proportional to the strength of the economy.

Yes, to be honest I didn't even read the full article

You're correct, plus the minimum wage in Nigeria defeats d premise the argument.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Obas101(m): 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
rottennaija:

But that does dispute the fact that 1$ (500 naira) in US cannot get you the same value as 500 naira in Nigeria does it?
What are you saying sef. How is the money earned? That's what you should be really looking at. Your minimum wage is just 30k compared that to the US. What country earns you more?
Also what you are getting is quality. Come to transcorp hilton in Abuja and buy a bottle water... E go shock you say you go pay 3k for 1 bottle
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Nobody: 11:28pm On Sep 24, 2020
The minimum wage in Nigeria has to be around 600k per month for this argument to make sense, in which case there'll be more money chasing less goods, hence back to square one.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 24, 2020
In summary, work abroad (earn those crisp nice notes) then spend it in Nigeria. Oh you don't have to travel out to get jobs that pay in USD. Even the smallest amount in USD people abroad see as peanuts will unbelievably spread in your purse after converting to naira. Posts like this are very interesting.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by edoairways: 11:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
seanblaise:
Its always good we do our research before writing a post of commenting on a post. In this article, the OP tried to compare goods and services we produce locally to goods and services produced locally in the western world. While he has some valid points, his analogy was not holistic.
Lets look at it from this angle; The world sees the US dollar as a global currency. If a nation or an individual wants to trade internationally, he/she has to convert his funds into the dollar in other to trade. In Nigeria for instance, our naira is a second class currency, so when ever you deposit 1000 naira in a bank, the CBN only views such funds using the lens of the dollar. It simply means that taking the current 460 Naira per dollar, an individual who has 1000 Naira in his bank account only has a little above 2 dollars. Its the exchange rate should drop to about 200 Naira per Dollar, it means that same individual now has 5 dollars domiciled with the CBN. Like someone said above, the average wage in America is $4800 ( not sure about this though), this loosely translates to #2208000. How many people earn more than 2million naira per month in Nigeria.
The CBN does not even keep your funds in Naira, the keep the dollar equivalent for you and that is why even our own National reserves are kept in dollars.
Here is the trick which confuses many people. The value/strength of a currency is not reflected on the digits of the currency, it is rather a function of the purchasing power parity (PPP) and global acceptibility. What this means is that, the british pounds may have a lower digit strength than the dollar, but its not stronger than the dollar in the international market. 1$ is equivalent to 0.79 pounds sterling, but when you want to trade internationally, you still have to convert to the dollar. That does not mean the British pounds is weak. Another instance is comparing a successful and developed nation like Japan to America. The Japanese Yen trades at 105yen per dollar. This doesn't mean Japan as a country is doing badly.
Ask yourself this question, If you earn 50k in Nigeria, will you be paid 50,000 dollars for the same exact jobe you do in Nigeria in America??
Hmmmm! Nairalanders are beginning to bring reasonable constructive, well-done
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kweensavvy:
In summary, work abroad (earn those crisp nice notes) then spend it in Nigeria. Oh you don't have to travel out to get jobs that pay in USD. Even the smallest amount in USD people abroad see as peanuts will unbelievably spread in your purse after converting to naira. Posts like this are very interesting.

You will earn abroad but not spend abroad?

How does that work
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by edoairways: 11:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
engrsyer:
Why not also compare the minimum wage their govts give their civil servants with ours? Why not compare the social amenities their govt gave to her citizens with ours? Most State Govts in Nigeria are yet to implement the N30,000/Month salary for civil servants which is just US$78.945/month at an official exchange rate of N380/1$.

In Nigeria, Federal Govt pays their civil servants of GL 08:05 just N60,000/month then compare to what those countries you mentioned to their graduates(GL 08:05) before you now talk about how our private sectors are paying graduates 30,000 or less.

In US/UK they can never pay their graduates less than N1,000,000 in a month when even those doing miniature jobs are earning more than that as a semi skilled person in a month.

Op, do you think if FG/State Govts are paying the least worker 500k people would complain?
If you earn 500k in a month in Nigeria and your total expenditure as a poor Nigerian is 300k which comprises monthly feeding, housing, transport, education, utility bills and health people would complain?

My dear think.
They will still complain, reason been that human wants are insatiable.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Aflix(m): 11:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
Tunde835:
Most Things Are Cheaper In Nigeria Compared To Abroad Except Electronics Which We Import Like Iphone
It's easier to make 1 dollar in America than to make 360 naira in Nigeria.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Aflix(m): 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2020
seanblaise:

Do you think everyone in America is rich? Or do you think making money and having something to save is easy overseas?...Have you ever asked yourself what type of jobs Nigerians do when they go to the west?
Our graduates sweep streets, they walk dogs, they drives taxies and work in restaurants, and these are jobs they are not willing to do here in Nigeria. If we enjoy same things Americans or Europeans enjoy( electricity, good education, good health care, good security, efficient tranport services etc) No Nigerian will like to leave for the west where they suffer inhumane conditions just to survive.
Yep they do all that inhumane work. But if you convert what they earn monthly to naira, it's more than what our permanent secretaries or commissioner earn monthly. The perm sec will do more with the money in Nigeria than the sweeper will do with his because it's easier to make such money over there.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by tboy2233: 5:26am On Sep 25, 2020
why don't you counter those point he mad? , you're ignorant and still loud at displaying it jeez!
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by appishani1(m): 6:22am On Sep 25, 2020
calculate it in thausand and millions. a car of one million dollar and a car of one million naira. a house of ten million dollars and a house of ten million naira..
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 25, 2020
To start with, we nigerians dont value what we have, maybe because we lack infrastructural development and good leadership thats why we think we are very poor as a country.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Raalsalghul: 7:44am On Sep 25, 2020
This Op is foolish and I would have replied him, but a lot of folks have done justice to that. angry
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Raalsalghul: 7:53am On Sep 25, 2020
maynia:

Yet half of Nigeria population is in extreme poverty, we are the world capital of the poverty grin grin

The world capital of Poverty produces more millionaires than the most powerful economy in the World, wawuuuu!!

What is your source?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by jude79(m): 9:12am On Sep 25, 2020
aremuforlife:

Yes, accepted his brain is malfunctioning.
Can you dispute his fact with your 100% functioning brain.

Dispute which facts, nobody pays you a dollar in US an hour, now how many people in Nigeria earns 500 per hour here. Bottom line, the earning power of Nigerians is so low that it cancels whatever advantage you think you might have in naira having more purchasing power on only! indigenous goods and services, but has nothing to do with imported goods and even indigenous goods and services that have some foreign input.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by alphaNomega: 11:24am On Sep 25, 2020
freeborn02:

This means the Occupy Nigeria protest against Jonathan was a complete lie and deception. Nigeria's economy was way better under Jonathan
I don't miss those GEJ era end-of-year fuel scarcities. It has happened twice under this new administration with the most recent being Nov-Feb 2018. So far, no single fuel scarcity even when the Lord and saviour unions of tanker drivers association, Nupeng and pengassan threaten their usual strike
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Olumyco(m): 11:50am On Sep 25, 2020
This thread is very educative and I think as Nigerians we still need to research and learn more about economics. The understanding of the demand and supply of anything that has to do with price is still much needed in our days.

Let me try and throw some lights here

I want you people to see dollar like a product within the goods and services domain. Dollar flow architecture in any country is rooted in Dollar trading that is, buying and selling of Dollars. Because of this Dollar itself has a price. CBN regulates Dollar price based on demand and supply. When the demand for dollar is more than the supply of dollar... there is need to increase the price of dollar. That is increase the amount of money that will be used to purchase one of it ($1). This is when devaluation of Naira or a country's currency happens.

Note: The easiest way to reduce the demand for any good and service if you cant help from the angle of supply is to increase the price for that good and service.

[/b]Demand for Dollar Activities in Nigeria[/b]

1. Importation of goods and services into the country:
You need dollar to buy these things in the international market. And when you do this, you are demanding for dollar. And it means when you use dollar, you are using the available dollar that is in the country and when you keep demanding for dollar and you finish all the available dollars in the country... it means no dollar will be in our forex reserve again and then wahala go gas.

2. Studying Abroad: You need dollar here too. Each time Nigerians goes out to study, you are buying from the dollar available in the country.

3. Tourism: Going out to overseas for fun trip and so on takes away our dollar too

4. Medical treatment: Same thing

In short anything that will require you to use the dollar to meet a need will definitely reduce the dollar available in the country's reserve.

Suplly of Dollar Activities (More like a factory or event that produces dollar for the country)

1. Exportation of Goods And Services: When we export our goods and services it will help to supply dollars into the country. Like the exportation of crude oil is the highest earner of dollars for the country. Also producing stuffs and exporting them to other countries.

2. Nigerians in Diaspora Sending Money Home: When Nigerians abroad send money home...they send in Dollars and this help supply dollar into the country

3. International Businesses: When people buys your goods from outside the country, the transaction is in dollars and it helps to infuse dollar into the system. It can also be in form of branches. If you have branches outside the country in overseas, the revenue sent to the headquarters in Nigeria is in dollars and it helps increase our forex reserve.

4. Foreign Investors: Like a company abroad investing into a company in Nigeria. E.g VISA buying shares in any of the Fintech companies

5. Tourism: People living abroad coming to Nigeria to tour the country or come to seek support or help whether spiritually or in any form.

In short any activities that involves being paid or being given money or coming down to the country as an abroad person will supply dollars into the country

Activity That Doesn't Supply Dollar But Reduces The Demand For Dollar

1. Producing and consuming most of our goods and services locally... meaning we dont import much things. We produce somethings locally and consume.

2. Avoid unnecessary travelling... especially going for medical stuff, educational stuff etc abroad.

3. Total banning of distribution of dollars by politicians and the rich within the country.

And so on...

Now with these information above the value of Nigeria is always calculated based on the demand and supply of this product called DOLLAR. When our dollar is getting depleted and reducing, know for surety that devaluation of Naira is eminent because the need to reduce the depletion is necessary.

Take for example if I need 1 naira to buy 1 dollar it means more people will buy it because it's cheap. But since I know that my dollars is finishing and I don't want it to finish quickly all I need is to increase the price of it... like saying you need 5 naira to buy 1 dollar. This will drop the demand a little... as I increase the price of dollar ... what I am doing is that I am protecting it. I dont want the demand to be so overwhelming to the extent that it will finish and since Nigeria imports many things so we need to defend the forex reserve by increasing the price of dollars... this is just a simple analogy to aid understanding.

So if Nigeria drops the price of dollar to 100 naira now... within a week our forex reserve which is in dollars will finish and the country will become a mess economically... infact things will collapse. You dare not allow your reserve to finish hence the need to keep defending it.

However if our dollars supply is now very high, then we can decide to upgrade the naira gradually because we know it wont finish. And also if we don't depend on importation too much it will also help us preserve our reserve and this will help upgrade naira.

In conclusion, if we reduce our importation of goods and services, it means we have reduced the demand for dollar. So by this, our Dollar is not going out anyhow. It will help upgrade the Naira gradually.

And to those comparing naira and dollar by digit head to head is wrong. Currency can be calibrated in any digit. It doesn't matter. What matters is economic value of that currency. Ghana Cedis was calibrated sometimes ago... it still does not give economic value.
Nigeria can re-dominate naira in any digit format and ot wont change anything... what matters most is value.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Olumyco(m): 12:03pm On Sep 25, 2020
Some factors to also consider in terms of how the economy of a country works.

1. Importation/exportation

2. Earning Power of a Country's Currency within its economy

3.. Social Amenities which give quality of life

4. Type of Cash System practiced (Debit or Credit)

5. Factors of production

6. Government Policy (Minimum Wage, Minimum Capital for investment etc)

Just to comment of some of them.... if we look at it very well things that are produced locally in Nigeria are cheap because factors of production like labour is cheap and then we pay a little for fuel, electricity and co.

Let us also know that America practice credit cash system... Nigeria cant be compared with them... the quality of life they enjoy there cant be achieved by praciticing the debit cash system we practice in Nigeria. Most of their houses, cars etc are purchased on credit. Most Nigerians pay to get these things... also let us know that

Nigeria can upgrade quality of life by providing constant electricity, water, good roads etc and when we are asked to pay for them... we will complain... and we will start shouting...

See things are cheap in Nigeria because we dont pay the real value... for us to get quality of life we need to pay more...

When a country wants to provide quality of life for her citizens you need to either subsidize or you implement credit cash system. That's the only two ways.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by freeborn02: 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
alphaNomega:
I don't miss those GEJ era end-of-year fuel scarcities. It has happened twice under this new administration with the most recent being Nov-Feb 2018. So far, no single fuel scarcity even when the Lord and saviour unions of tanker drivers association, Nupeng and pengassan threaten their usual strike

When you guys make comments like this, I just wonder if something is wrong with your Brains. Is it that you have short memory span or you are just dumb or intentionally blind?

There had been fuel scarcity under buhari

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/257917-buhari-fails-to-end-worsening-fuel-scarcity-across-nigeria.html.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by laiperi: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2020
Compare your country, yourselves and NAIRA all you want. You cannot change the facts that:

1. You are not wanted in any country no matter who you are or achievements there.

2. On top of that, some Nigerians are nuisance soiling other Nigerians, even in Africa countries.

3. You are known Internationally and locally as empty vessels that make the most sound. In other words, Chest Beaters.

4. You celebrate even dogcatchers once outside your country.

5. You have no other country but Promised Land in the sky.

6. You lie to yourselves and exaggerate your selfworth.

Finally somebody gave you a simple way to reassess what you have, which is NAIRA and ask you to turn it into valuable currency within your borders. You bark!

Live in your ISLAND because you cannot survive outside looking for Salvation. You have been rejected over and over. Yet, you are looking for all types of rationalize excuses to escape. To where?

Londoner, Berliner and New Yorkers would rather live in their villages than anywhere else. So stay in your villages appreciate and spend NAIRA to make it stronger before others can even look at it as a means of exchange.

You have been spending Oil Income like a drunken sailor since the eighties, now you are hooked experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Arda1000(m): 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2020
Biodun556:

It is about the quality and quantity of what the currency will fetch you. If you believe the dollar is better spend it in the US not in Nigeria that is how we will know weather it is valuable or not.
people like you are the reason why Nigeria will never progress and why we Biafrans want out, instead to find the guy who take his time to analyze this rubbish and give him a serious beating you are here defending it, so if i put 1 naira and 1 dollar on a table you will go for the 1 naira? Iyi
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 25, 2020
Nigsrdumb:

You will earn abroad but not spend abroad?

How does that work

You will earn in USD not work abroad. Some people here in Nigeria earn in USD.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 25, 2020
Kweensavvy:

You will earn in USD not work abroad. Some people here in Nigeria earn in USD.

Okay makes sense

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by laiperi: 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ada, why are you always licking and following Nigerians everywhere?

Everyone is holding on to the only home they belong to. Leave you won't, stay home you won't but you get high on Nigeria. You have been kicked out of every country soiling other Nigerians.

In the country you live, they treat you and everyone that looks like you as dirty thrash. Yet after been scorned by Yoruba boyfriend, you still circle around them sabotaging their sites and organizing the destruction of their honest livelihoods.

Devil, stay within your people. Save your wish for your Promised land.

Arda1000:
people like you are the reason why Nigeria will never progress and why we Biafrans want out, instead to find the guy who take his time to analyze this rubbish and give him a serious beating you are here defending it, so if i put 1 naira and 1 dollar on a table you will go for the 1 naira? Iyi
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Biodun556(m): 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
Notatribalist:
I didn't finished reading but I can confirm everything to be true.I have been to 8 countries in the world and sentiment apart naira is more valuable than this supper power currencie..If 2016 I was scared when I was about to visit Nigeria from Ghana..Because the complaints over how bad Nigeria economy was as at then was deafening.. And when I got to Nigeria I was shocked to see how cheap things were,then I started asking myself where is the recession.. The truth is most Nigerians have taken it upon themselves to wail at everything Nigeria,and by doing that they are sending negative picture to the world.

Good

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

LASG Issues "Stop Work" Order To Iron, Steel Manufacturers In Ikorodu / 2023: Don’t Vote For Party Again, Vote People With Vision – Ibiyeomie / ‘Buhari Was Briefed Before Shiite Clampdown’ - Islamic Movement In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.