Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:10 AM

Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! (15476 Views)

Throwback Picture Of President Tinubu, Rolling Dollar And Dele Alake / Adamu Garba: ‘Cows More Valuable Than Oil And Gas’ / Nigeria Policemen Protest: "Stop Killing Us, Stop Burning Police Stations" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by freeborn02: 7:41pm On Oct 14, 2020
alphaNomega:
Finally! A response that did not mirror mine. Kept it up. By the end of next year, you might grow a third brain cell. Don't give up now

Of course, it can't mirror yours because you are better in dumbness.

Don't forget that you are an award winner in stupidity. cheesy
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by alphaNomega: 11:23am On Oct 15, 2020
freeborn02:

Of course, it can't mirror yours because you are better in dumbness.

Don't forget that you are an award winner in stupidity. cheesy

Don't stop now. The extra brain cell is on its way. Dumbfck
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2020
Very lame post! What do you expect when the standard of living is low? The economy is not even booming but falling. You expect poor people to pay $1 for a bottled water where they have water in abundance? What are you saying? In a reasonable country where the nation is blessed with a lot of resources such as ours, some things would be free. Food would almost be free (Ask china). I wish I commented first before those ignoramuses and easy-to-deceive folks did at least They'd have realized how lame the post is.
The op intentionally ignored china. Rubbish!
Ask Luxembourg where transport is now free.
Naira more valuable than dollars indeed
Na which natural resource dey for US? Of course things ought to be more expensive there but are they suffering? NO.
A Nigerian would see this post and still foolishly clap meanwhile the post na opposite lol.
Very annoying crap for post
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by freeborn02: 4:11pm On Oct 15, 2020
alphaNomega:

Don't stop now. The extra brain cell is on its way. Dumbfck

I understand that you have your reputation to protect; reputation of an award winning dumb idiot
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by alphaNomega: 10:20am On Oct 16, 2020
freeborn02:

I understand that you have your reputation to protect; reputation of an award winning dumb idiot

So happy I have helped your life. Go and sin no more
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by freeborn02: 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2020
alphaNomega:

So happy I have helped your life. Go and sin no more

You mean you helped my life by your award-winning stupidity? Amazing!
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by alphaNomega: 8:42am On Oct 20, 2020
freeborn02:

You mean you helped my life by your award-winning stupidity? Amazing!
No one is dumber and more stupid than you
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by freeborn02: 10:27am On Oct 20, 2020
alphaNomega:
No one is dumber and more stupid than you

Since only a super dumb can recognise a dumb, doesn't that make you the super dumb idiot around here?

So, the award of the dumbest and stupidiest person around here belongs to you.

You are the incontestable award winning dumb idiot here. Enjoy your award, bro.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by alphaNomega: 3:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
freeborn02:

Since only a super dumb can recognise a dumb, doesn't that make you the super dumb idiot around here?

So, the award of the dumbest and stupidiest person around here belongs to you.

You are the incontestable award winning dumb idiot here. Enjoy your award, bro.
check the entire website, you are the only madman giving awards. Your problems are bigger than you think. Oh wait! You can't even think
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by freeborn02: 7:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
alphaNomega:
check the entire website, you are the only madman giving awards. Your problems are bigger than you think. Oh wait! You can't even think

That's because you are not looking properly into the mirror. Do that again; take another proper look into the mirror and you will see the award winning dumb idiot I'm referring to.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by alphaNomega: 6:29am On Oct 23, 2020
freeborn02:

That's because you are not looking properly into the mirror. Do that again; take another proper look into the mirror and you will see the award winning dumb idiot I'm referring to.
Apart from the fact I got you to stop echoing the same posts I make, I can't see any more improvement in your life. You are an absolute waste of time. Been busy with the protests in my area for the past few days. It is more important than a interacting with a howling níncompoop like you.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by freeborn02: 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
alphaNomega:
Apart from the fact I got you to stop echoing the same posts I make, I can't see any more improvement in your life. You are an absolute waste of time. Been busy with the protests in my area for the past few days. It is more important than a interacting with a howling níncompoop like you.

You are busy with protest because you are a jobless idiot.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by alphaNomega: 7:05pm On Oct 24, 2020
freeborn02:

You are busy with protest because you are a jobless idiot.
I guess two brain cells aren't enough to understand what multitasking means. I won't waste my time explaining to an amoeba like you
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by freeborn02: 7:59pm On Oct 24, 2020
alphaNomega:
I guess two brain cells aren't enough to understand what multitasking means. I won't waste my time explaining to an amoeba like you

Look at your previous comment and show what points to multitasking in it.

Stop hiding behind a needle. You are a straight up idiot
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by alphaNomega: 10:19am On Oct 25, 2020
freeborn02:

Look at your previous comment and show what points to multitasking in it.

Stop hiding behind a needle. You are a straight up idiot
talking to idióts like you is overwhelming so one has to face other important issues.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by freeborn02: 5:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
alphaNomega:
talking to idióts like you is overwhelming so one has to face other important issues.

Lolz. Don't forget that you are the biggest idiot walking the surface of the earth. In case you have forgotten, you even won award in dumbness and stupidity.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by alphaNomega: 10:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
freeborn02:

Lolz. Don't forget that you are the biggest idiot walking the surface of the earth. In case you have forgotten, you even won award in dumbness and stupidity.
I can't be sounding like a broken record trying to tell you that you are the only Buffon giving awards on this forum. It seems you won a lot of awards for each brain cell u lost until you had just 2 barely functional ones...poor things
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by freeborn02: 9:58am On Oct 27, 2020
alphaNomega:
I can't be sounding like a broken record trying to tell you that you are the only Buffon giving awards on this forum. It seems you won a lot of awards for each brain cell u lost until you had just 2 barely functional ones...poor things

Don't tell me you are too dumb in the head to remember that you are the undisputed award winning dumb idiot on global scale.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by alphaNomega: 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2020
freeborn02:

Don't tell me you are too dumb in the head to remember that you are the undisputed award winning dumb idiot on global scale.

Poor guy. I'm really working your brain out. Don't stop now! You can do it!!!

Imbecilé
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Gjrich(m): 7:10pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kpomosauce:
okay if 1 dollar can buy you a bottle of water what can 1 naira buy you?

The purchasing power is what matters
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by UKBobo(m): 7:27pm On Oct 31, 2020
Go buy plane ticket on 30K monthly pay..
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by iboboyswag(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kpomosauce:
okay if 1 dollar can buy you a bottle of water what can 1 naira buy you?

Oga $1 is not equal to 1 naira. $1 is 350 naira. Now compare their worth.

That's the way to do it.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Sammy4Joy: 12:37am On Nov 01, 2020
Wilstino:
This would have made sense of course if we produced what we consume. Like in China where most of its need are locally produce such arguement will hold water.

But in a country like ours, where most things including our basic need are imported, you need the dollar to procure them. Thus, the implication is that the high exchange rate results in high cost of goods and items.

You are correct about our over-dependence on importation being a bane on our economy. Coincidentally, that is also part of what the author clearly intends to communicate; people who are not productive but who insanely desire to flaunt (mostly imported) luxury items!
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Biodun556(m): 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2021
grin
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by narite: 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2023
Biodun556:
THE VALUE OF THE NAIRA.
~Eruobodo.

A currency's value is what is can fetch those who use it as a means of exchange!

Those in America use dollars and those in the UK use pounds sterling. Emiratis use Dirhams and Indians Rupees. Nigerians therefore use the Naira.

The Naira today, is equivalent to 600 units to the GB£ and 500 units to the US$.

Though we are quick to lampoon the Naira as worthless, but let us compare how much value each of these currencies equivalents fetch their owners/holders, within their borders?

In the US, a dollar ($) may not buy you more than a small bottle of water, while N500 will buy you a pack of 12 of the same bottles of water in Nigeria!

A pound (GB£) may not buy you even a small loaf of bread in London, but in Lagos, N600 will buy you and your partner, breakfast for 2, consisting of one N250 big loaf of bread, 4 fried eggs and 2 bottles of water!

Days ago, I bought 50 pieces of medium sized oranges from the Ketu fruit market for N1,000, that's just $2! I bought 3 pineapples for N500 ($1)!

A litre of fuel costs N160 in Lagos, but cost $0.86 (N430) in New York! While I know people who pay cad1,700 (N500,000) per month for their glorified room and parlour self-contained in Ottawa, that is what a friend pays in 6 months, for a 2 bedroom apartment, with separate toilet, bathroom and proper kitchen, in Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi!

So why do Nigerians make so much noise over the value of their currency, when it still fetches them more value than the other currencies that they pitch the Naira against? The answer is simple: the "values" of Nigerians!

While Nigerians reacted with consternation at Dino Melaye's obnoxious display of his stolen wealth, the average Nigerian behaves exactly like Dino Melaye! From the man on the streets to the Churchpreneurs who claim to represent God!

They produce nothing, but want to flaunt everything!

Someone lamented to me about his wife's tenant, who has failed to pay N120,000 rent, for nearly a year, but slaughtered a ram and made festivities, worth N150,000, during the last Moslem "Ileya" festival!
Ask me what the man produces? Zilch!

Had this same debtor taken the N150,000, wasted on the one day feasting to the market, it will be more than enough to set up a fried Yam, sweet potatoes, Akara business, that can net him N300,000 monthly, and take him out of poverty and debt forever!

So, because Nigerians are unproductive at home, but consume from used clothes, to fake hair and eye lashes, to even PMS, from the abroad, they keep whining about the value of the dollar/pound-sterling against their currency.

There are universities in Nigeria, and I had my education entirely in Nigeria! So, if I chose to send my children abroad, what is the headache of the government in my personal decision, should the currency in their country of choice proves unaffordable to me? Who send me?

My personal definition of the problem with Nigeria is that, the policies of the State are manipulated to suit the indulgences of certain classes of Nigerians, who feed fat on the miseries of the masses.

Government resorted to importing fuel because some privileged Nigerians criminally destroyed our refining capacities. Rather than punish them, we put the punishment on Nigerians.

Government "subsidized" the same imported fuel, to create artificial opportunities for some privileged people to loot our treasury, under the artificially created system of "subsidies".

These Nigerians and their fraudulent economists should stop fooling themselves about the poor exchange rates of the nation's currency. 95% of the citizens of this country need food, water, Medicare, etc, obtainable in Naira!

If some useless, lecherous and unproductive, yet entitled, vanity flaunting elements like Dino Melaye, need foreign currencies to feed their insanity, what has that got to do with Nigeria?

If you want to indulge in the zero nutrition Orange, imported from wherever and sold at times ten that of super tasting Oranges from Benue, must Nigeria care about your price plight? Who send you?

If you chose Pizza over Aboki freshly cooked spicy bread and eggs, please find enough Naira to indulge in your borrowed Italian taste. #KokanAye!

This argument over our poor currency is a lie of the elite to pass their problems as everyone's!

Days ago, I made a 4 litre bowl of cooked beans (enough to feed at least 8 adults) from a N200 ($0:40) measure of beans! Add another N500 ($1) worth of sweet potatoes, and you have a super nutritious meal for 8 adults!

That's less than $3 in total, N1,500 (including the costs of other stuff like onions, peppers and oil), to feed 8 adults?

Before you complain that the Naira is weak, tell me what you need the foreign currencies for, and #Eruobodo will show you how you and Dino Melaye are related!
I feel deeply sad for the 69 peoples that liked your post. This has gone far beyond nepotism.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by KnowAll(m): 6:43pm On Aug 11, 2023
Now that d dollar is 940 to one can d same argument you made be permissible today.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by rockyh(m): 1:34am On Aug 12, 2023
rottennaija:

Explain how. He made a serious point.
if I pay 500k as rent how much do you think I earn that month,my earnings would be above a million . That should be the yardstick for comparison

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

South West IPMAN Set To Increase Pump Price Of Petrol To N180 Per Litre / Kaduna Will Deliver Highest Votes For Tinubu/Shettima - Uba Sani / PDP Crisis: Atiku’s Camp May Call Wike’s Bluff, Announce Campaign Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.