Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Can I Loose My Salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can I Loose My Salvation? (274 Views)

New Sermon Download: Loose My Chains 2018 – Dr Dk Olukoya / Salvation Ministries Private Jet Was Photoshopped - Facebook User / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Loose My Salvation? by danielezeokeke1(m): 10:10am On Sep 24, 2020
Can a believer loose his salvation?

Salvation is a free gift of grace we received from God by the atoning work of Christ's sufferings and death. We were all saved from the wrath of God which will befall all those who rejects his Son; the judgement of sinners. This salvation culminates in our spirits getting washed, sanctified and made whole by God's Spirit living in us. It's a free gift which you didn't earn by your performance, but by you believing in Christ's resurrection.

My question now is, can you loose a gift given you by God? No!

God is an Eternal Spirit, His promises and giftings are also eternal.. God isn't bounded by time and space, He dwells in Eternity. By the virtue of Christ's resurrection, we all received eternal redemption and salvation, a gift which is never temporal. Saying God's free gift is temporal and then trying to earn God's favour and perfection by works and self- effort is you belittling or incapacitating the potency of the blood of Christ and it's atoning Power.

The seal of God's ownership in you which is the HolySpirit can never be removed or leave you, He is permanent. Eph 1:13

The Old Covenant blood Sacrifice
Those under the Old Covenant were carnal men whose spirits were dead to God. Their consciousness to God's voice was dead as a result of the fall. They could only reach God through their natural senses. The old covenant which was predicated upon the blood sacrifices of animals, diverse washings and carnal ordinances, and then Feasts was a covenant which fraustrated God. The blood of the animals was sprinkled by the High Priest upon the children of Israel to atone for their sins per year. It was a ceremonial act done year by year. This act sprang up the consciousness of sin in the heart of the children of Israel and as a result made their conscience dead. The blood of Animals could not offer an eternal sacrifice which wouldn't be done per year to them.

The Eternal Sacrifice
For a sacrifice to have an eternal effect, the testator has to be an eternal entity. Christ who in his pre-incarnate form wasb God's Eternal Word had to become flesh and blood to bring about the permanent atonement. Christ who is a high priest after the order of Melchizedek, by his sufferings and death entered into Heaven and offered his blood upon the mercy seat. Anyone who will later accept him as Lord and savior, will be cleansed once by this blood. Earlier in the old covenant, Aaron the high priest will enter into the holy place once every year and sprinkle the blood upon the mercy seat made by hands and upon God's people. But in the New covenant where we stand by faith, Christ entered into the holiest of all and poured out his blood once and for all.

We no longer need to start asking God for salvation after we have received his free gift of grace once. Only beggars do that. We are Kings and Priests of the most high. We have been eternally sanctified and made whole by the blood of Christ.

The blood of bulls and animals could only sanctify and purify the carnal mind, but the blood of Christ purged us all from our sins permanently, made our spirits alive and reconciled us back to God.

This Salvation is permanent, and can never be lost. Not even sin can separate God's children who have been washed by His blood from the love of Christ..

https://danielezeokeke..com/2020/09/can-i-loose-my-salvation.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by delkuf(m): 11:00am On Sep 24, 2020
God bless you for bringing this up
I wanted to open a thread yesterday concerning this matter. There have been thread like this in the past, and some people believe that you can lose your salvation. You are can't lose your salvation. When you are save you receive everlasting life. And there is no end with this life. It is a life that run for everlasting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:31am On Sep 24, 2020
Why do you mislead yourselves? Did you not read where Paul said that "there were those who were one of us but are no longer part of us"?

Can such have a part in the kingdom of God?

Or was it not also written that whomsoever had obtained the life in Christ, if he loses it, he can never take it up again?

3 Likes

Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by Acehart: 4:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
Why do you mislead yourselves? Did you not read where Paul said that "there were those who were one of us but are no longer part of us"?

Can such have a part in the kingdom of God?

Or was it not also written that whomsoever had obtained the life in Christ, if he loses it, he can never take it up again?

They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.
- 1 John 2:19

Are you sure that he is misleading anyone? If this part of the scripture isn't the word of God, then he is misleading people.

They went out from us [seeming at first to be Christians], but they were not really of us [because they were not truly born again and spiritually transformed]; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they left us, so that it would be clearly shown that none of them are of us.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
Acehart:

They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

Are you sure that he is misleading anyone? If this part of the scripture isn't the word of God, then he is misleading people.

They went out from us [seeming at first to be Christians], but they were not really of us [because they were not truly born again and spiritually transformed]; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they left us, so that it would be clearly shown that none of them are of us.

I understand your interpretation but then you have not averted your mind to the parable of the Seeds.

The Only Successful Seeds are those who have Found Life that is Only those who are planted on and in good soil.

All others will fall and must fall at one time or the other.

And this is just one side then we have the other matter of the Parable of the 10 Virgins!
Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by ojaysam25(m): 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2020
Let's just strive to live a righteous life...that is the gate pass to eternal life....my one cent.

1 Like

Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by ichuka(m): 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
No not possible. its like retrieving a gift.

1 Like

Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by sholay2011(m): 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
Lol...is the OP for real?
Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
ojaysam25:
Let's just strive to live a righteous life...that is the gate pass to eternal life....my one cent.

I have found that Righteousness puts you on the path and way of Eternal Life Proverbs 13:6, Proverbs 11:18; Matthew 7:13 and 14

But by the Authority of Matthew 7:24 and John 6:63 Life is Found in the True Keeping of the Words of the Lord both in spirit, in Truth and in Fact.

"the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by RALPHOW(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
Timothy 1:18–20:
This charge I entrust to you, Timothy, my child, in accordance with the prophecies previously made about you, that by them you may wage the good warfare, holding faith and a good conscience. By rejecting this, some have made shipwreck of their faith, among whom are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan that they may learn not to blaspheme.

Galatians 5:19-21
New International Version
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5, KJV: "For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God."

Rev 21:27
Nothing evil will be allowed to enter, nor anyone who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty—but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.

If you commit sin as a Christian, you will lose fellowship with God and devil may torment you till you renounces your salvation through cultism.
Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by Acehart: 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I understand your interpretation but then you have not averted your mind to the parable of the Seeds.

The Only Successful Seeds are those who have Found Life that is Only those who are planted on and in good soil.

All others will fall and must fall at one time or the other.

And this is just one side then we have the other matter of the Parable of the 10 Virgins!

Did I put up any interpretation? Doesn’t the scripture interpret itself?

I’d like to ask you these questions from the parable of the Sower:

1. Did the seeds in his bag have the power to choose which soil they would fall on?
2. Did the seeds have the power to leap off from the type of soil they fell on to dissimilar soil? For example: did the seed that fell by the road side have the power to leap off onto the good soil?
3. Was there anywhere in the narrative where they was a change in mind in the sower for him to turn back and pick each seed that fell on poor soil and place them on the good soil?

And a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Way of Holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it. It shall belong to those who walk on the way; even if they are fools, they shall not go astray.

-Isaiah 35:8
Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by haddeylium(m): 9:55pm On Sep 24, 2020
Yikes! angry
I opened this thread with the view to flip Bible verses that preach “Once saved, Always saved"!...
I'm disappointed undecided

Well, what the teaches might be different from the OP post

Checkout inspired warning of the disciples Jude to early Christains congregation that might have similar question..

Jude 5-
I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
That's why Jude employed them regarding the salvation to put up a hard fight for the faith they have in common(Jude 3)

So a person’s final salvation is not determined at the moment that he begins to put faith in Jesus
He who endures to the end will be saved(Matt 24:13)
(compare with Heb 10:26,27)
Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:37am On Sep 25, 2020
Acehart:

Did I put up any interpretation? Doesn’t the scripture interpret itself?

I’d like to ask you these questions from the parable of the Sower:

1. Did the seeds in his bag have the power to choose which soil they would fall on?
2. Did the seeds have the power to leap off from the type of soil they fell on to dissimilar soil? For example: did the seed that fell by the road side have the power to leap off onto the good soil?
3. Was there anywhere in the narrative where they was a change in mind in the sower for him to turn back and pick each seed that fell on poor soil and place them on the good soil?

And a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Way of Holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it. It shall belong to those who walk on the way; even if they are fools, they shall not go astray.

-Isaiah 35:8

You already know the answer and The Lord did not talk about their power to remain in the bag in His Explanation.

He Clearly Explained that "People/Humans are THE SEEDS" and He clearly told us the different things that shall happen to them, which we all have seen and bear witness to for we have seen and have known a particular person who falls into one of these groups of persons captured in that parable

Meanwhile, those who are planted in "good soil" are not seen and are very scarce, exactly as The Lord Said "and few there be that find it." Mathew 7:14.

Further your Isaiah 35: 8 which is presented above is bent differently (which is why I advocate for the use of KjV) leading you to have the view (I would have said the interpretation you are giving to it but you contested the word interpretation, so I hope "view" would be sufficient) you have presented which I respectfully say, is not correct.

For Isaiah 35:8-10 kjv proves my case of Only Those Planted on the Good Soil, duplicated hereunder.

"And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, (this was omitted in your quote above) though fools, shall not err therein. (which is to make a mistake or error. Why? Because they know not to make a mistake or error)

9 No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there: (Only those who are truly redeemed, not everyone who claims they are redeemed. For no one redeems himself, therefore no one ought say that they are redeemed. For saying you are redeemed does not Redeem. For if you are Redeemed, you are Redeemed and it Shows without you having to say a word. Just like a person who is in the kidnappers den, is in the den and it shows. So also He who is redeemed from the den, is known and Seen!)

10 And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." (This is the Proof that The Lord has Indeed Ransomed you and Anyone who does not Live This Way, Is Not Yet Ransomed, Therefore, They Have Not Eternal Life!

When you have Enternal Life, you Will Know, For You can even breathe it in through your nostrils and you also see that death is gone from you, Fear is gone, Exactly As it is Written!
Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:41am On Sep 25, 2020
haddeylium:
Yikes! angry
I opened this thread with the view to flip Bible verses that preach “Once saved, Always saved"!...
I'm disappointed undecided

Well, what the teaches might be different from the OP post

Checkout inspired warning of the disciples Jude to early Christains congregation that might have similar question..

Jude 5-
I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
That's why Jude employed them regarding the salvation to put up a hard fight for the faith they have in common(Jude 3)

So a person’s final salvation is not determined at the moment that he begins to put faith in Jesus
He who endures to the end will be saved(Matt 24:13)
(compare with Heb 10:26,27)

Sweet!
Re: Can I Loose My Salvation? by Acehart: 8:24am On Sep 25, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You already know the answer and The Lord did not talk about their power to remain in the bag in His Explanation.

He Clearly Explained that "People/Humans are THE SEEDS" and He clearly told us the different things that shall happen to them, which we all have seen and bear witness to for we have seen and have known a particular person who falls into one of these groups of persons captured in that parable

Meanwhile, those who are planted in "good soil" are not seen and are very scarce, exactly as The Lord Said "and few there be that find it." Mathew 7:14.

Further your Isaiah 35: 8 which is presented above is bent differently (which is why I advocate for the use of KjV) leading you to have the view (I would have said the interpretation you are giving to it but you contested the word interpretation, so I hope "view" would be sufficient) you have presented which I respectfully say, is not correct.

For Isaiah 35:8-10 kjv proves my case of Only Those Planted on the Good Soil, duplicated hereunder.

"And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, (this was omitted in your quote above) though fools, shall not err therein. (which is to make a mistake or error. Why? Because they know not to make a mistake or error)

9 No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there: (Only those who are truly redeemed, not everyone who claims they are redeemed. For no one redeems himself, therefore no one ought say that they are redeemed. For saying you are redeemed does not Redeem. For if you are Redeemed, you are Redeemed and it Shows without you having to say a word. Just like a person who is in the kidnappers den, is in the den and it shows. So also He who is redeemed from the den, is known and Seen!)

10 And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." (This is the Proof that The Lord has Indeed Ransomed you and Anyone who does not Live This Way, Is Not Yet Ransomed, Therefore, They Have Not Eternal Life!

When you have Enternal Life, you Will Know, For You can even breathe it in through your nostrils and you also see that death is gone from you, Fear is gone, Exactly As it is Written!

I wonder why you opposed that guy then- you said he was misleading; now you sound like him in advanced mode. However, you have not written anything wrong; you two are saying the same thing; but please try not to start a conversation through hostility.

(1) (Reply)

Is The "Sons Of God" Passage In Genesis 6 Adapted Pagan Mythology? / Shiloh 2020: Tope Alabi Ministering At Shiloh 2020 | Encounters November 2020 / Ada Jesus Exposes How She Arranges People To Fake Miracles In Odumeje’s Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.