Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

#AlayeMafo: My Encounter With A "South African" Scammer On Telegram (scrnshots) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #AlayeMafo: My Encounter With A "South African" Scammer On Telegram (scrnshots) (1314 Views)

Picture Of Guy Who Injured A South African Lady For Refusing To Be Raped / How A Chinese Businesman Identified A Nigerian Scammer On Facebook Messenger / My Encounter With 'Dreaded' SARS Operatives In Lagos; Man Narrates His Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#AlayeMafo: My Encounter With A "South African" Scammer On Telegram (scrnshots) by midolian(m): 11:59am On Sep 24, 2020
...So I joined a group on telegram just because I want to be getting updates on the assets I trade in.

First thing I did was to read the about message pinned to the group...but even after doing this, I wasn't so sure that was all I needed to know..so I asked a question. I guess this question gave me out as a newbie and one who can easily be duped..

.. Before getting an answer to the question, I received private messages from 4 different people...One of them who claimed to be a South African got my attention and what I found out in the end shocked me!

Please find attached the screenshots

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: #AlayeMafo: My Encounter With A "South African" Scammer On Telegram (scrnshots) by midolian(m): 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
...He got what he didn't bargain for and was forced to speak his local dialect..after which he disappeared... grin grin

So it turns out that the Southy man is a Nigerian...

And after my encounter with him, I have received messages from many more of his kind..until this morning when I decided to change the settings

There is hardly a group you join on telegram these days without becoming a target of these scammers.. The annoying thing is that 99% of them are Nigerians..

This is how they go about tarnishing the image of the country. I know things are hard but it is not enough reason to try duping people of their hard earned money. With the way things are going, Nigerian will soon be on the blacklist of every reputable website you know

I don't mean to sound like righteousness89 as this truth may sound like gospel. Whatever you get through illegal means will be lost through any way God chooses. if you like acquire a mansion with it..Fire might be the agent God will use to destroy it.

2 Likes

Re: #AlayeMafo: My Encounter With A "South African" Scammer On Telegram (scrnshots) by veritasetfidei: 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2020
Pretty terrible scammer to be honest . Adongo is a name that has Kenyan etymology not South African .
When will people learn that if it sounds too good to be true it generally is ? Anyone offering returns above those that financial institutions and Banks offer are scammers then again if it were not for scammers we would not have the adage "that a fool and his money are soon parted"

I like how you introduced the assets you trade in under the guise of explaining how someone tried to scam you . I wonder how many fools are going to contact you about the "utterly reliable" and non scam manner of trading that you do .smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #AlayeMafo: My Encounter With A "South African" Scammer On Telegram (scrnshots) by Madibah(m): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
The scammer lacks Orientation

1 Like

Re: #AlayeMafo: My Encounter With A "South African" Scammer On Telegram (scrnshots) by Iceyjayz: 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
midolian:
...So I joined a group on telegram just because I want to be getting updates on the assets I trade in.

First thing I did was to read the about message pinned to the group...but even after doing this, I wasn't so sure that was all I needed to know..so I asked a question. I guess this question gave me out as a newbie and one who can easily be duped..

.. Before getting an answer to the question, I received private messages from 4 different people...One of them who claimed to be a South African got my attention and what I found out in the end shocked me!

Please find attached the screenshots

lalasticlala
Lol that's an unintelligent scammer right there, they are also all over Facebook with white women profiles, the truth is that there are alot of scammers in that shíthole.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #AlayeMafo: My Encounter With A "South African" Scammer On Telegram (scrnshots) by thatNUPEboy: 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
cowards

it's only cowards and dumb fools that believe you can only get rich in this life by duping people

1 Like

Re: #AlayeMafo: My Encounter With A "South African" Scammer On Telegram (scrnshots) by austine4real(m): 8:26am On Sep 25, 2020
Awon olori buruku somebody

1 Like

Re: #AlayeMafo: My Encounter With A "South African" Scammer On Telegram (scrnshots) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2020
Ahmed is the name. No wonder he suckles Buhari's wrinkled balls all the time.

2 Likes

Re: #AlayeMafo: My Encounter With A "South African" Scammer On Telegram (scrnshots) by Muyiwaipere(m): 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
He lives in your backyard

(1) (Reply)

Man Begs To Return To Prison After He Was Set Free / How Many Times Is One Supposed To Knock On A Door Without Response Before Stoppi / Soldier Shot Dead By DSS Operatives In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.