Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face (45175 Views)

The Lyrics Of This Popular Song From The 90s Will Melt Your Heart (Video) / Barack Obama Lists Wizkid's 'Smile' On His Summer Play List / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In July 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by KosiGee(m): 4:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
You
post=94261179:
Wow! shocked

The Good ol' days.

Reminiscent time.........

Memories running down...........

Simply wow!
Gone are those days,
When men were boys,
When women were girls,
And when virginity was...........sweet! cool

Junior and Pretty.
Chris Okotie.
Blakky.
Oritz Wiliki.
Daniel Wilson.
The Mandators.
Onyeka Owen.
Shina Peters.
Bright Chimezie.
Christy Essien Igbokwe.
Too many to mention sef........

Oya, pick just one of your choice,
We go reply when we get hold of the lyrics.
Promise.

Lol cheesy
If we remembered correctly, Bang Bang Bang was released in 1999.
Sorry, the lyrics is too raw and dirty!
Not for this forum.
End of Lyrics! wink

By the time Femi released bang bang bang, country don already worwor. People don corrupt finish...bad bad bad things don dey happen.
Only difference was the dressing. Decency was a bit preserved unlike now but in terms of morality. Bad things were happening since the late 80s.

Today’s world is just revealing the various hypocrisies of our not too proud past. People were getting popular via recorded videos which we didn’t have in the past. If the cameras should reveal a bit of our past like 30 years ago, you’ll shudder.

In 30years from now, indomie generations of today would be hailing the Davidos, Phynos, Vectors, even Vic O as the best of the best. They’d be filled with nostalgia about our present world. Maybe then Bokoharam would look like toy soldiers.

Only regret about our past which OGs like me still regret is the women are no more women.

Back in the days, our women wear their pubes with pride. Today’s women shave em all off and look like plucked chicken. Tufiakwa
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by mattmogan88: 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
Try Umqombothi by Yvonne chaka chaka,
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by nasbiafra(m): 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
do4luv14:

Kai Original Indomie generation pikin

Bros make we talk truth all those music na nonsense na. If na this year them sing all this music maybe na only their ancestors go listen am

as at now tiwa savage koroba day bust my head,next on play list wizkid no stress then top up with gucci mane abcge,pop smoke paranoia and pop smoke gangster
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by Aremson14(m): 4:52pm On Sep 24, 2020
G
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by MrAkata: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by Chirowman(m): 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
Issoright the good old days sweet memories
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by goodheart02(m): 4:56pm On Sep 24, 2020
DirtyGold:
Send down the rain - Majek
Keep ya head up - Tupac
California love - Tupac
Doin it - LL Cool J
Let's talk about sex - salt n pepa
Forget about dre
Unbreak my heart
End of the road
grin grin cool

What's tha business?

God bless u for bringing salt and pepper to mind. What about TLC and Shaba Ranks my faves then.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by EyezofGod120: 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
blackgold7777:
na so FALE all the way, na so i just enter bus one fela hit just come my mind na so i play my fone everybody just look me say na babe dey play d SONG
,,,u are real niggaarr

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by nasbiafra(m): 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2020
Even us way be indomie generation get indomie generation under us for this present year way nor know artists like morachi,faze,blackfaze,sky b,mallam spicey,skuki,eva alordiah,sasha p,late goldie

but we nor go make noise but all this old agbaya way go soon kick bucket go day make noise up and dan indomie generation.
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by OMONGBALI: 5:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
robosky02:
If you remember anyone

OYA put it down here......

Put Lagbaja and King Sunny Ade there.
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by MrAkata: 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mecNrIaWOA

First Nollywood movie I got introduced to in college. I was addicted to this movie and walked around campus yelling this shit all day. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd27wOHG1WU
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by nasbiafra(m): 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2020
For me to listen 9ja classic i rather listen better classics like them 2pac,biggie,carl thomas,pappose,husein fatai,yaki kadafi,emimem,snoop dog,fifty cent,busta rhymes,fat joe,timbaland,nelly,miss kim,r kelly,akon,michael jackson

na our olden days people na sing rubbish pass

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by duality(m): 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
How come no one remembers BOLANLE by Junior and Pretty.

What a world.
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by dasparrow: 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
Madibah:
Mine is Tupac
Dear mama
And hit em up

Those are not Nigerian songs though. Those are American songs.
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by Efewestern: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
You missed Sally young, those who grew up in Bendel rocked his records.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccLGYCJHlPs

Sally Young still remains one of the most underrated highlife musician.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
robosky02:
More....

5. Femi Kuti – Wonder Wonder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uph_hnTCNdw

6. Daddy Fresh – Eleru Gberu e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEdt9sU0Sxs

7.blackkie. Rosie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Giga9r7cyU
. The bestest, followed by Daniel Wilson
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by sisisioge: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
I love Seyi Shodimu's Love me jeje grin.

How time flies grin
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by snoopanddre(m): 6:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
yeyeboi:
OP na indomin generation full nairaland these days. cry
Yes this will open their eyes to what real music should be not just dance dance, smokn, sex and boobs and big bum bum.
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by HomerTimpson: 6:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
AZADUS- mama Africa

and who else still remember Music Africa on GalaxyTV ? cool
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by Ayomi90: 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
DirtyGold:
Send down the rain - Majek
Keep ya head up - Tupac
California love - Tupac
Doin it - LL Cool J
Let's talk about sex - salt n pepa
Forget about dre
Unbreak my heart
End of the road
grin grin cool

What's tha business?
Shey Tupac na Nigerian?
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by luvlyoracle(m): 7:10pm On Sep 24, 2020
Pls am looking for this song can't remember the lyrics tho
It goes somewhat like this

Eyoo eyoo who say dem.......

Wakakiri wakakiri

The chorus now is

This life serious...
Alangba denge dangerous
Nothing we go do......pls just epp me with the name

No mind my lyrics o cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by ddjay: 7:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
robosky02:
Choi, i remember blacky, 1991, but op 98% of nairalanders na generation noodles ooh, its we the remaining 2% that are commenting. See where Ibinabo Fiberesima was a video vixer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7khgQLZmMg
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by robosky02(m): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
Redoil:

is it the robosman of wazobia fm

Robosman me never

No this Robosky of nairaland

Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by Denique(f): 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2020
post=94262185:

Lol cheesy
We know you are not old jor.
Awon eyan Megan Thee Stallion.
Pretty gurl.
Hugs and kiss kiss

I caught that angry However, the last part is so sweet of you smiley

Permit me to digress...

This right here, is what I tell people...whatever happens in politics section stays there. Don't take people's opinions personal, more so, on a faceless forum.

Obviously, Manna isn't aware that I do not share the same political views with him, and that is because he isn't keeping tabs on online enemies — way to go!

We should endeavour to be constructive and polite with our criticisms. Every argument I have with anyone ends there and if you drop a comment that I like in another section, I will quote you in support.

It ain't that serious. Shalom!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by segun18(m): 9:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
90s...Memories of the past coming on to me now.... Remembering when I use to smuggle Kubura and Enobong into my room whenever they come to fetch water in our compound

Now boys have become men. Old things have pass away....
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by TrickyTeeBBN5: 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by Ganjafama(m): 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
Madibah:
Mine is Tupac Dear mama And hit em up
Bros we are talking about Nigerian songs.
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by gqboyy(m): 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sir, You forgot "dem go de pose"
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by mayor1814: 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2020
FUNMI ADAMS - Nigeria, my beloved country

EDNA OGOLI - Message to the youth.

EMINEM - Stan

2pac - until the end of time
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by apostle96: 11:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
You forgot, by mistake, to mention

The king of afro juju

The 'Iyawo olele' crooner

The 'Alagbon' crooner

The 'Ganja' crooner

The 'E se rere' crooner etc

Chief Dr. Orlando Owoh
#respect

I still rock and vibe to his numerous songs from today till tomorrow...his konga beatz is what I can't do without.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by ITbomb(m): 4:20am On Sep 25, 2020
post=94261179:
Wow! shocked

The Good ol' days.
[i]
[
Oya, pick just one of your choice,
We go reply when we get hold of the lyrics.
Promise.

! wink

I really need lyrics of "Where are the prophets" Thanks
Re: Nigerian Songs From The 90s That’ll Put A Smile On Your Face by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:33am On Sep 25, 2020
ITbomb:

I really need lyrics of "Where are the prophets" Thanks
The one by A.C Newman or another artist?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Three Of Your Most Played Music / Lyrics Of Davido's 'Fem' Vs Burna Boy's 'Monsters You Made' / Wizkid Loses To Angélique Kidjo In Best World Music Album Category

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.