Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy (75682 Views)

'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / Greedy Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / 21 Powerful Synonyms That Will Make Your Communication Outstanding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by deepwater(f): 6:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
themaestro08:

I seriously doubt a couple of kids can afford that though.

But I dont know ur kids age bracket
Also u need to establish if it was actually a gift, go to the school and confirm.
Sometimes it could be stolen products and kids can cook up anything in their wisdom to keep the game

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
themaestro08:

What has receiving gift got to do with corruption?

Just typing nonsense angry, you deserve a heavy punch in the face for this drivel

Because it does, you dont think that is why, learn to use your brain, it helps.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Enwhen(m): 6:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
atiku4President:

Please, dont waste your time explaining things to an already deranged mind. They will never understand.

Yea, some people are just too dense.. Poverty is a disease ... If this kinda person daughter was at the wedding ceremony of Fmr president GEJ, where iPhones were shared for mostly the youths, he would ask his daughter not to collect it , because he cannot afford it... Lolsss.. God purnish poverty, poverty is worst than illiteracy.

3 Likes

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kazim88:

Or just Biro, like Bic... Celebrant Why?
maybe Eleganza or Lucky Racer
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kendumazy:
Was asked to attend my niece PTA meeting sometimes ago and during the discussion, this birthday issue came up.

I pointed out all my observations to the parents and school authority which I had noticed a long time ago.

1. Some teachers gives priority and respect to some parents due to some parents bringing nice and lots of birthday celebration items for their kids to the school. Mostly handling it over to the child teacher in doing the sharing. Parents who can't afford to do this are seen as paupers and treated anyhow. Seen first hand of such treatment in a school. No understanding of all fingers are not equal.

2. Kids don't understand if a parent has the fund to foot the school birthday celebration. They want to have it done at all cost. You don't do it for them, they either get sick or don't go to school that day or starts behaving irrationally.

Most parents and school authority attested to this facts. Infact, the school authority said a female teacher was recently sacked due to her looking down on a parent because of the parent not celebrating her child birthday in school. Very honest and wonderful proprietor.

At the end of the day, the school and parents concluded on canceling any birthday celebration in school.

The teacher should just ask the whole class to sing for the celebrant.
The celebrant should come with 3 different stories book which will be announced on the assembly ground. The story book should be kept in the school Library, if any pupil is interested in reading it, he or she can always go to the school Library to read it.

I don't agree with the conclusion you guys reached. You guys should understand that in the real world, lots of people show off. On instagram alone, you will see lots of showing off there. It is your responsibility to teach the child to be content with what they have irrespective of what others have.

This is not how things work in the real world. Whether you like it or not, your children will still meet people who will show off and rub it on their faces. You are just buying time for them. It will happen sooner or later!
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
Enwhen:

What is wrong with the gift ??.. gifts that was share to all children... I once also received the big bold 5 then as birthday gift from a senators daughter, when I was in SSS3... In the university I received countless of birthday gifts including books , that ordinarily my parents and I would have find it difficult to afford it, that is nothing to lure me out of the training I got from my parents right from as a kid.

[b]Give them the training, and leave them to God, cos of u think u are a master , when it get to the level that u would be there to monitor them , then they would misbehave. The training is not by returning birthday gift, they didn't beg for it, it's a birthday gift ....nothing is bad with that gift at all, there many people waiting for such gift, if u don't want your child to be engage with the game, is a different thing, u can gift it out to another person , not returning it to make it look like as if it's a sacrifice by the celebrant.

Gifting books make sense than gifting a little kid a ps4.

There is no training that is left to God, either you train your kid the proper way or they will disgrace and embarrass you after.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by jameel6: 6:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
What you did was wrong and you are feeling prideful about it, a man like you will never allow his child to grow, keep your child away from your circle of poverty and negative thinking please. Allow him /her enjoy his life and meet people that will better his life.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by chinchonglee(m): 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:
Please schools should stop celebrating birthdays in school, please, biko. I use God beg you.

I sent my child to school to learn and not to celebrate birthdays, I came back from work one day and saw this play station 4 in a carton, I asked them who own. they said my daughter classmates celebrated her birthday and shared these gift to them.

I quickly ask them to reparkage the gift and take it back to the school, before I return from work the next day.

MY REASON IS THIS: all fingers are not equal, when it is my daughter's birthday they would be expecting a gift of equal amount.

The parent may be rich and I am not, they give my child what I can't afford for her which is a recipe for greed. she should be contented with what I can afford,

These her young mind should be moulded early to adapt to reality.

These private schools are encouraging these evil act, it may affect the child tommorow.

please push to front page to expose the dangers of school birthday.
U re wrong bro...
Dose rich kids value anything gift. U dnt av to buy dem playstation 4... Jst get dem little things they will appreciate
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by dgitrader(m): 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
Extremely wicked parent! This is shameful
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by atiku4President(m): 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
Enwhen:

Yea, some people are just too dense.. Poverty is a disease ... If this kinda person daughter was at the wedding ceremony of Fmr president GEJ, where iPhones were shared for mostly the youths, he would ask his daughter not to collect it , because he cannot afford it... Lolsss.. God purnish poverty, poverty is worst than illiteracy.
I am not with you please read the post I quoted very well. I don't think being in a wedding where iPhone is shared can add any value to my life. You can die for material things, but I can't.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by angelfallz(m): 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
I agree with the OP's reasoning.
To Those shouting poverty mentality and hustle, please note, everyone will not and can not be rich. Therefore, everyone should train his child to the very best of his ability.

The rich child shared PS4, how much does a PS4 CD cost, who would be buying the games to be played on the PS4?

It is one thing to have a gift and it is another to maintain that gift.

Cc
KingAzari, Randy100, NaijaCr7
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Ikea81: 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
[quote author=Sebastine1994 post=94259625]Please schools should stop celebrating birthdays in school, please, biko. I use God beg you.

I sent my child to school to learn and not to celebrate birthdays, I came back from work one day and saw this play station 4 in a carton, I asked them who own. they said my daughter classmates celebrated her birthday and shared these gift to them.

I quickly ask them to reparkage the gift and take it back to the school, before I return from work the next day.

MY REASON IS THIS: all fingers are not equal, when it is my daughter's birthday they would be expecting a gift of equal amount.

The parent may be rich and I am not, they give my child what I can't afford for her which is a recipe for greed. she should be contented with what I can afford,

These private schools are encouraging these evil act, it may affect the child tommorow.

please push to front page to expose the dangers of school birthday.[/qu

School wey PS4 na birthday gift must be for rich kids, so withdraw your child and take her to ansawarudeen pry sch Mushin, cos return the gift or not other daily activity that happens there will keep telling your child you are either rich, poor or stingy. Live your reality.

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by FuckThaMod: 6:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
Poverty mentality and jealousy
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
You just denied your child the opportunity to have a PS4 because you think it is too much to be given as a gift. That one concern you. I just hope your child doesn't know the value of a PS4 so that he will not be sad for a long time.
All I know is that, if it was my child. I will pray for the parents that gave such gift. And if I dont feel comfortable, I will buy a gift in return for the child. Maybe this person has not received expensive gift in a long time. Nawa oo. This thing surprise me.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by jericco1(m): 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
OP you're not a father material
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:
Please schools should stop celebrating birthdays in school, please, biko. I use God beg you.

Damn.. you mumu no be small. What type of poverty mentality is this?? God forbid. Spits.
Are you mad?? Will they hold you at gun point to reciprocate? Mehn I dey shame for you
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
Enwhen:

I like people like you that collect anything, it will be nice to know you more.

Gift infact can make you indebted to someone forever that is gifts are used to manipulate people, people like you will be easy to fall victim.

GOD PUNISH POVERTY

As i have understand, POOR PEOPLE HAVE NO PRINCIPLE.

2 Likes

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by madgoat(m): 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Poverty kee u there. Better go and purge ur mind. Your kind of thinking is poverty motivated
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by WoundedLamb: 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
080bjaked:

A simple question for you please Sir. No harm meant, no insult intended and no negging intentions. I just want to understand the perspective of your comment. Do you have a child in school? If so, which class please?

I have my niece and my nephew in school. They are like my own kids so I might as well call them my children. They are both in their elementary. I know the kind of school they are in and I know the kind of gift a classmate could share. If they came back home with an item well within this category, I wouldn't ask them to return it. You don't beat a child and ask him not to cry. You sent your child to such a big school knowing he could be gifted such an item, why make a mockery of him by asking him to return it when it eventually happens? It's not like these kids keep a tab on each other's birthdays and expect gifts. It was the celebrant's parents decision. Otherwise, no one would even know when another's birthday passes. So your kid's birthday would pass unnoticed. The OP acted out of his own insecurities/fear without considering what he's doing to his child.

2 Likes

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Karleb(m): 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
This is wrong.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by angelfallz(m): 6:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
Bj5all:
This man has a serious mental problem. If someone gift you a car or a modern house, you will reject it because you can afford to reciprocate the kind gesture?

Hisssss, in your mind you have done something noble and worthy of praise?

I pity your children.

Lol. wrong thinking. If he is gifted a car and can't fuel the car, service the car or maintain the car, why should he keep the car? The same applies to a house.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by JeffreyOraz(m): 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
rawpadgin:
PS4 for everyone in the class?

That family must be freaking rich

My brother, na wetin I just dey think since ohh
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Enwhen(m): 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

I totally agree with you. What is wrong with a gift. As long as it was given with good intentions, then it is absolutely fine.
It is for you to train them and let them know that contentment with godliness is great gain. They didnt beg for you. Someone from a good heart gave them the gift.
Me I will not return sha. If I feel the gift is too much, I can as well buy a present for the celebrant and tell my child to give him or I give the parent.

Yea, you are very correct , that's how suppose to be... It may be that the celebrant has most of her friends in the school that's why the parents choose the school for the gift, many would choose their church or mosques members friends , who knows the celebrant very well and those ones would appreciate it no matter how small or big it is.

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by udemzyudex(m): 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2020
I hope your children are not taking smartphones to school, cos that's also a big distraction.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2020
I go WOZE my papa when I grow up if him try this nonsense infact I will disfather him angry angry angry
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by ForkUBish: 6:49pm On Sep 24, 2020
atiku4President:

So easy to spot those who want to make quick N85m by promoting immoral life on the tv

you idiotic poverty stricken animal....and i can see how promoting a thief like atiku that made all his ''slow'' billions syphoning government funds for president, morally right.

fool
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by nedekid: 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
teemotee:
Op can lie shocked
Na so PS4 dey cheap ?
Suddenly you have a daughter of school age. You that was born in 1994 and created this topic asking how married people live
https://www.nairaland.com/5999028/love-couples-regret-after-marriage
Are you minding the op?
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Longman180(m): 6:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

Some people sef undecided

Did they put a gun to your head that you must reciprocate

Either you returned the gift or not when it's your daughter's birthday, they will expect you to do something

It's left for you to know how to handle the situation!

Stop making life difficult for your daughter because you are poor! Shuuuuuoo shocked shocked shocked shocked

Modified:

No blame situation for this matter, the child no steal, it was a gift!!!

No matter the pretence, everyone is happy with gifts. It could be from God or man

So if person dash am house wey them don build he no go collect

Na wa oooooo
I give up grin

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by electhnd(m): 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
NaijaCr7:
Poverty mentality mixed with inferiority complex

It's a gift and am sure it would have been what the child (celebrant) wished for.. I am sure no inscription on the box reads you must Payback with similar gesture.

Why don't u stop breathing because you think u can't pay God what it worth.

You go your friend party he serve you rice and chicken shey that one mean say u no go invite am come yours cos na rice Nd fish u fit afford.

And for those Mofos saying PS4 is counter productive, you need to do more research. Gaming helps develop mental reasoning and decision making, the only bad side is addiction, and we all know addiction to any thing is likely dangerous.

Modified.
Let's assume the father of the celebrant gets to know about such act from the child's father, in the future when such child need his connection to get something am sure he might be skeptical offering a hand....when you can afford a school where your child can mix with the influential what you teach them is power of humility, sharing and contentment. You don't create enemies for them because of perceived competition
pls it's not the man's child that is celebrating birthday
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Jamesilvar(m): 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
OP you no wise at all
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by sureinfo: 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
Wait, they shared PS4 to everyone as gifts? I must have attended a wrong school

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by miketayo(m): 6:51pm On Sep 24, 2020
sammirano:
PS4 ke. All these Nig. Schools and their low thinking. They should be more creative about activities that can foster a healthy relationship among students, not this counterproductive one.

How's ps4 counterproductive.
Most gamers are maths genius and programmers , you think games doesn't develop your brains. U said Nigerian school ? So u think it would be rejected in the US or european schools grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Water Scarcity In Nigerian Schools / Man Signs Out On Lady's Boobs As They Graduate (Photo) / What Can I Do With Industrial Chemistry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.