Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,735 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy (75670 Views)

'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / Greedy Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / 21 Powerful Synonyms That Will Make Your Communication Outstanding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Munzy14(m): 7:05pm On Sep 24, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Disgusting!

This is what a poverty stricken mind can cause!

The oppression just start!!

Hustle o! So you nor go perform this rubbish wey just happen for here.

I got nothing else to say but hustle!!
On point.. poverty of the mind is a disease.

Imagine starting at a younger age to condition a kid to the path of oppression in the name of decency... cheesy
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by nedekid: 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2020
All I can say is this is an issue of serious inferiority complex.
How come you can afford to send you kid to school where you have rich people?
I would have praised you for being advarage but working hard to pay to send your child to an upper class school you cannot afford, but returning that gift shows you ward is out of place there. If it's your child's birthday must you reciprocate with something as valuable as ps4?
Isn't it every parents wish for their wards to mix with such people that are rich and can pull them up? Connected people?
So eg a class mate of my child decided to fly them to desneyland in France in the father's private jet, I will then say no, that I sent the child to school to read book and that I will not be able to reciprocate!
How laughable.
Oga you fall hand!
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by samnaija: 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:
Please schools should stop celebrating birthdays in school, please, biko. I use God beg you.

I sent my child to school to learn and not to celebrate birthdays, I came back from work one day and saw this play station 4 in a carton, I asked them who own. they said my daughter classmates celebrated her birthday and shared these gift to them.h

I quickly ask them to reparkage the gift and take it back to the school, before I return from work the next day.

MY REASON IS THIS: all fingers are not equal, when it is my daughter's birthday they would be expecting a gift of equal amount.

The parent may be rich and I am not, they give my child what I can't afford for her which is a recipe for greed. she should be contented with what I can afford,

These her young mind should be moulded early to adapt to reality.

These private schools are encouraging these evil act, it may affect the child tommorow.

please push to front page to expose the dangers of school birthday.

You said it , all fingers are not equal. You are in a society that has people of different backgrounds. But you mix,
Your child is is also in a mini society with people of different backgrounds . If you want you or your child to live in a society where all fingers are equal withdraw your child from the school and create your parellel universe where you can personally determine how your child mix with people. You have suceeded in opening a door in your childs mind that she is inferior., Whether u like it or not.
I don't blame any parent for showing love to his or her kids during their birthdays, it's just like otedola kids with ferrari. If I get I go do.
Congrats inferiority has been downloaded.. keep it up

2 Likes

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by timbabng(m): 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
I hope the op is practising the same "fingers are not equal" theory on himself. In case someone wants to help his life with a nice gift, like a car or house, he should decline for fear of reciprocation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Enwhen(m): 7:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

I like people like you that collect anything, it will be nice to know you more.

Gift infact can make you indebted to someone forever that is gifts are used to manipulate people, people like you will be easy to fall victim.

GOD PUNISH POVERTY

As i have understand, POOR PEOPLE HAVE NO PRINCIPLE.

You are getting it wrong, schools authority dont accept birthday gifts from parents or celebrant... My school HR dept then,, receive the gifts in cash and purchase the items for us , no celebrant or parents is allowed to bring things on their own to school premises. The school authority will not allow such. It is an agreement by the PTA and management, HR always taste the food at the cafeteria even before break time that students would be allow to go eat.... if u want to celebrate with fellow school or class mates, the school appropriate authority will be in charge and should it be use as a trap, the HR who r meant to purchase things themselves would be held... There are rules to it... I know where u are going , that's why most parents would rather invites well wishers ... Its not about the gift ... Many would had have such at home , and will only give it out ... personally , I would only share birthday gifts to people that I know and invited to my child's birthday.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Pauladex(m): 7:11pm On Sep 24, 2020
teemotee:
Op can lie shocked
Na so PS4 dey cheap ?
Suddenly you have a daughter of school age. You that was born in 1994 and created this topic asking how married people live
https://www.nairaland.com/5999028/love-couples-regret-after-marriage

U read my mind, Op need help. he was having girlfriend in 2017 and now have a daughter of school age that can play PS4
https://www.nairaland.com/3851404/leave-peniss-hole-till-daybreak

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 24, 2020
masterchi:
This is a great decision. You are a great parent. Nigeria is in dare need of more of your kind. Bravo

Forget that one. Child that will spoil will spoil. Just be praying for your children and di your best in training them up in the ways of God. As far as I'm concerned, returning the gift was just not it.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by laiperi: 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
This country of greed and instantaneous gratification is far gone.

Somali might end up buying Nigeria better than China paying.

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by edoairways: 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kendumazy:
Was asked to attend my niece PTA meeting sometimes ago and during the discussion, this birthday issue came up.

I pointed out all my observations to the parents and school authority which I had noticed a long time ago.

1. Some teachers gives priority and respect to some parents due to some parents bringing nice and lots of birthday celebration items for their kids to the school. Mostly handling it over to the child teacher in doing the sharing. Parents who can't afford to do this are seen as paupers and treated anyhow. Seen first hand of such treatment in a school. No understanding of all fingers are not equal.

2. Kids don't understand if a parent has the fund to foot the school birthday celebration. They want to have it done at all cost. You don't do it for them, they either get sick or don't go to school that day or starts behaving irrationally.

Most parents and school authority attested to this facts. Infact, the school authority said a female teacher was recently sacked due to her looking down on a parent because of the parent not celebrating her child birthday in school. Very honest and wonderful proprietor.

At the end of the day, the school and parents concluded on canceling any birthday celebration in school.

The teacher should just ask the whole class to sing for the celebrant.
The celebrant should come with 3 different stories book which will be announced on the assembly ground. The story book should be kept in the school Library, if any pupil is interested in reading it, he or she can always go to the school Library to read it.

They shouldn't celebrate birthdays if that is the case. No point telling imaginery stories from book
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Born2Breed(f): 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2020
This is a poverty mentality.

People that give don't do it because of expectations.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by miketayo(m): 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:
Please schools should stop celebrating birthdays in school, please, biko. I use God beg you.

I sent my child to school to learn and not to celebrate birthdays, I came back from work one day and saw this play station 4 in a carton, I asked them who own. they said my daughter classmates celebrated her birthday and shared these gift to them.

I quickly ask them to reparkage the gift and take it back to the school, before I return from work the next day.

MY REASON IS THIS: all fingers are not equal, when it is my daughter's birthday they would be expecting a gift of equal amount.

The parent may be rich and I am not, they give my child what I can't afford for her which is a recipe for greed. she should be contented with what I can afford,

These private schools are encouraging these evil act, it may affect the child tommorow.

na wa for you o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by SILVERLINES: 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

I sent my child to school to learn and not to celebrate birthdays, I came back from work one day and saw this play station 4 in a carton, I asked them who own. they said my daughter classmates celebrated her birthday and shared these gift to them.

that was just a harmless gift
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Greatfullheart: 7:15pm On Sep 24, 2020
To me oh its not a bad thing as long as she did not steal it, then why are you pouring out your anger on the innocent child. You should gone to the school authorities or the rich mans child to para for them, not your daugther.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by FuckHomophobes: 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2020
infogenius:

U would only be doing ur daughter a disfavor when you continue to send back her gifts

Nicely said boss
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Expresswriter: 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2020
I support you, op.

Carry go.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by franchasng: 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2020
op is right, schools and churches should stop that nonsense of celebrating birthdays in schools and churches....take such celebrations to your house or event centers angry angry
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by lomprico(m): 7:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

senseless!
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Chris2863(m): 7:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Disgusting!

This is what a poverty stricken mind can cause!

The oppression just start!!

Hustle o! So you nor go perform this rubbish wey just happen for here.

I got nothing else to say but hustle!!
What do you know even as an adult simp

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Jaymoney5000(m): 7:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

You're suffering from poverty mentality!!!
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by yolo126010: 7:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
wawuuuu

this guy's mentality is bleeped up totally....

So you've not receive gift in your life? Do you have to reciprocate gift again? which kin country people be this nah?

issorite
kontinue
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by edoairways: 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
timbabng:
I hope the op is practising the same "fingers are not equal" theory on himself. In case someone wants to help his life with a nice gift, like a car or house, he should decline for fear of reciprocation.
grin grin grin grin
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by peacettw: 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
Kendumazy:
Was asked to attend my niece PTA meeting sometimes ago and during the discussion, this birthday issue came up.

I pointed out all my observations to the parents and school authority which I had noticed a long time ago.

1. Some teachers gives priority and respect to some parents due to some parents bringing nice and lots of birthday celebration items for their kids to the school. Mostly handling it over to the child teacher in doing the sharing. Parents who can't afford to do this are seen as paupers and treated anyhow. Seen first hand of such treatment in a school. No understanding of all fingers are not equal.

2. Kids don't understand if a parent has the fund to foot the school birthday celebration. They want to have it done at all cost. You don't do it for them, they either get sick or don't go to school that day or starts behaving irrationally.

Most parents and school authority attested to this facts. Infact, the school authority said a female teacher was recently sacked due to her looking down on a parent because of the parent not celebrating her child birthday in school. Very honest and wonderful proprietor.

At the end of the day, the school and parents concluded on canceling any birthday celebration in school.

The teacher should just ask the whole class to sing for the celebrant.
The celebrant should come with 3 different stories book which will be announced on the assembly ground. The story book should be kept in the school Library, if any pupil is interested in reading it, he or she can always go to the school Library to read it.

Well said.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Pweetyccee(f): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
Nice decision op
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by edoairways: 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
franchasng:
op is right, schools and churches should stop that nonsense of celebrating birthdays in schools and churches....take such celebrations to your house or event centers angry angry
Not all schools or churches celebrate birthdays. You can choose to celebrate if you so wish
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by mariahAngel(f): 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Your reasoning is indescribable!
You are ungrateful!
You have inferiority complex!
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by deepwater(f): 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2020
themaestro08:

I am not the foolish op please grin cheesy

Hahahahahahah

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by KennedyOkpara(m): 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2020
African parents and their Conservative mentality.... Upon all this Nigeria is the poverty and corruption capital.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by harmony75: 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2020
your minds set they will expect expensive gift on your daughter's birthday is wrong.. if you choose to buy candy and biscuits I don't think her mate will reject it.. do you know playing games PS 1234, Xbox and so on develops kids brain to be smart. you just deprived her of knowing this game, sha she will not be left out when her mates are playing play station(make sure you buy your kids games) no be book book all the times they need to also develop their brains in other activities.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Salmoneus(m): 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

The truth is you're an insecure father with bad belle!! you could have sold that gift and bought school supplies or done something more constructive, but your crab mentality keeps you from seeing beyond your nose, this is the sad norm in Nigeria, no one likes it when a person achieves wealth, jealousy clouds better judgment... undecided

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Goalnaldo(m): 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2020
This reminds me of a time we were doing youth house fellowship. Normally, we will go to a member's house, share some words of exaltation, pray, give offerings and go. then one member introduced offering of refreshments in the form of biscuits and soft drinks and it became the norm. When a member is scheduled to be visited he will refuse because he or she can't afford the refreshments. Na so house fellowship take scatter o cry but OP if you cannot reject a car gift because you cannot afford it, you're an hypocrite
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Newboss(m): 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hustle o make you no go dey drag shoulder with your own pikin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Signs Out On Lady's Boobs As They Graduate (Photo) / Water Scarcity In Nigerian Schools / What Can I Do With Industrial Chemistry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.