Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,273 members, 7,807,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting (14620 Views)

3 Students Of Ojukwu University Found Dead In Hostel / Three Abia State University Lecturers Die On The Same Day / Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by trutharena: 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
There was drama Thursday at Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, COOU, Igbariam, Anambra State yesterday as gun-wielding security men from the institution’s anti-cultism outfit chased away lecturers of the institution, preventing them from holding a scheduled meeting.

The lecturers under the aegis of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) recently dissociated themselves from the planned reopening of the institution by its management, a development that irked the Vice-Chancellor, Prof Greg Nwakoby.

ASUU in the institution, led by Prof Alphonsus Aniebo and the zonal coordinator of the group, in Owerri Zone, Dr Uzo Onyebinama had made to commence a meeting at the congress hall of the university, when gun-wielding security men from the institution’s anti-cult outfit stopped them, asking all members of the group to leave.

The group left the hall and converged under a mango tree in the institution, but were also stopped from meeting but they insisted.

The immediate past coordinator of ASUU, Owerri zone, Prof Ike Odumegwu who spoke to journalists said, “the security men said they were instructed by the Vice-Chancellor of the university, Prof Greg Nwakoby not to let the group hold its meeting within the institution.

“We have never been treated this way before. How can the Vice-Chancellor send security men to stop us from meeting? They shut the door against us and asked everyone out of the hall as if we were common criminals.”

Prof Alphonsus Aniebo, chairman of ASUU in the institution said, “I have been queried because of this strike and this is geared towards terminating my appointment in this university

“It is very unfortunate. This union made a lot of sacrifices, we have been key to the struggles here. We will not be intimidated. In this university, there is no budget monitoring fund. TETFUND and NEEDS are products of ASUU struggles, but the VC is bent on killing the university because he has just three years to leave.

“The university wants us to break a national strike, but we have said we will not. We will keep following the national body of ASUU because every achievement he has here has been as a result of ASUU struggle,” he said.

Chairman of the Owerri zone of ASUU, Dr Uzo Onyebinama condemned the action of the Vice-Chancellor, refuting claims that the lecturers had no reason to go on strikes because they are not captured in the controversial IPPIS payment model.

“Let me tell you, our struggle has been on, for a number of reasons before the Federal Government brought in IPPIS. For the vice-chancellor to claim that IPPIS is the sole reason for the strike shows that he is not well informed.”

Vice-Chancellor of the institution, Prof Greg Nwakoby had days back stated that academic activities will continue in the institution. He stated that out of over 600 lecturers in the university, only a few were embarking on the strike.
Source: https://dailypost.ng/2020/09/24/gun-wielding-security-men-chase-out-striking-lecturers-of-ojukwu-varsity/

1 Share

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Philipponzaghi: 9:56pm On Sep 24, 2020
Ojuku varsity don suffer.

You guys can’t even respect Ojuku’s name.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Chase lecturers grin

No be small country we dey fa .

7 Likes

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Ahamefuna0001(m): 11:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
Nawa boys no get joy!
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by longetivity(m): 3:21am On Sep 25, 2020
Anambra with crazy news
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Dagger111(m): 5:13am On Sep 25, 2020
Well done! Strikers.
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by princeade86(m): 5:13am On Sep 25, 2020
Na change and next level

3 Likes

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Diamondniyi(m): 5:16am On Sep 25, 2020
God, this Nigeria ehn. ASUU and their Waala. Please let these students resume.
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by MattAttah: 5:17am On Sep 25, 2020
cool
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by solmus: 5:20am On Sep 25, 2020
After lock down break they want to strike.... Crazy nincompoops
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Qadaffi2idiamin: 5:22am On Sep 25, 2020
Animals in offices
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Juliusmomoh: 5:24am On Sep 25, 2020
Mathalias:
Nigeria don taya me.
See dis one grin grin
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by EdiskyHarry: 5:25am On Sep 25, 2020
Hmm, this country eh
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by expatriate(m): 5:26am On Sep 25, 2020
Those ASUU members in COOU are very selfish. [/b] Embarking on solidarity strike when you are not a federal institution is senseless[b] let the vice Chancellor fight them as much as he could.

4 Likes

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by chiubaemeka(m): 5:29am On Sep 25, 2020
When Prof. Okafor was the VC, most of this lecturers made administration hard for him despite his staff and students friendly policies. He is now gone and the so anticipated Prof Greg is doing this to them. What goes around comes around. I don't really pity them. It's was the students turn before, now it's the staffs turn

6 Likes

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by MrTAnonymous(m): 5:32am On Sep 25, 2020
Wahala

Incase you don't know na me talk
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Wickedtruths: 5:34am On Sep 25, 2020
In a University, security men are stopping academics from meeting. Let the security men go and lecture the students then.

8 Likes

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 25, 2020
Ok
They just keep rambling and still, they didn't mention the reason they are embarking on the proposed strike.
Mtchew, the people wey don graduate tey tey, did they have anything to show for it?
This government and its people will frustrate and kill your morale both in school and labor market.

STILL YOUR FAVORITE FABRICATOR GUY JOOR.
FOR YOUR A-Z FEASIBILITY REPORT ON SKID GAS PLANT, INSTALLATION, PROCUREMENT AND MAINTENANCE, HOLLA AT UR BOY O!!
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by GeneralPula: 5:37am On Sep 25, 2020
Nothing wey you no go see for the zoo part of Nigeria..(Sadt yeasssst)
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by doctore212(m): 6:01am On Sep 25, 2020
Where can I see cheap olosho for Anambra
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 25, 2020
doctore212:
Where can I see cheap olosho for Anambra

Check South West (Yoruba) them plenty there. Both old and young

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Philipponzaghi: 6:08am On Sep 25, 2020
Kingscee:

Check South West (Yoruba) them plenty there. Both old and young

Yes you’re right, there are plenty Anambra prostitute in SW brothels.

Not even SW brothels tho, I heard you can find them in the North too and some part of the SS.

I heard that is a revenue generating area in Anambra beside the baby factory industry.

Is it true?

9 Likes

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Nobody: 6:11am On Sep 25, 2020
Philipponzaghi:

Not even SW brothels tho, I heard you can find them in the North too and some part of the SS.

I heard that is a revenue generating area in Anambra beside the baby factory industry.

Is it true?

You mean South Wa$te?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Ikpemalueziokwu(m): 6:12am On Sep 25, 2020
Prof Greg is a blessing to COOU. I’m a proud undergraduate in the above mentioned varsity and all d VC is currently doing is the right thing. Other state universities and even a federal university is about to resume. Why then shouldn’t we?
I wonder when my school anti-cult repented. They for arrest them all and hand over to awkuzu SARS. Criminals. Every structure built by the tetfund and seed initiative is well deserved and not a Favour. ASUU is weakening universities. Everyday young people are dropping out while the girls are getting married. These individuals are supposed to be in school now, mostly in their finals. COOU isn’t owing any staff a dime. We are good. We wanna resume. No union can prevail against that decision.

5 Likes

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by jericco1(m): 6:13am On Sep 25, 2020
undecided
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Ikpemalueziokwu(m): 6:14am On Sep 25, 2020
Philipponzaghi:

Is it true?
You mustn’t display your stupidity on every thread.

3 Likes

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Philipponzaghi: 6:17am On Sep 25, 2020
Ikpemalueziokwu:

You mustn’t display your stupidity on every thread.

Go and attack the guy that first said rubbish to the SW!
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Enudapan: 6:19am On Sep 25, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by Benbelor(m): 6:22am On Sep 25, 2020
My University

I know this will either end in Sacking of some lecturers or ousting the Vc out of office.
Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by noleflendum: 6:28am On Sep 25, 2020
We blame Tinubu for this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Security Officers Stop Striking Ojukwu University Lecturers From Meeting by CheGuevara101(m): 6:36am On Sep 25, 2020
Philipponzaghi:
Ojuku varsity don suffer.

You guys can’t even respect Ojuku’s name.

Please don't die of hypertension o......ever since your grand patron and Lord and slave master was pummeled front and back you've been acting strange. I will advice to sharpally see a doctor so to examine your health predicament before it deteriorates.

Na beg I dey beg you o.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 Jamb Result | How To Check Jamb Utme Cbt Results Online / Www.jamb.org.ng Login | How Check 2017/2018 Jamb Result | Print Admission Status / See A Funny Answer From An SS 1 Student To His English Teacher On "Register"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.