Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,541 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:35 PM

Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) (74029 Views)

Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. / Luxembourg Becomes The First Country To Make All Public Transportation Free / To ‘redefine Public Transportation’, Ambode Injects 820 Buses Into Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by fredoooooo: 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2020
richesbhc:
Nigeria can never get to this level
How many countries can ? That's a country with a population of almost 550,000 ... not even a local govt in lagos .. America sef can't do it , Germany thats thats closer with their good economy, can't do it.
Hopefully things change to better in Nigeria , but we all need to be discipline and change our mentalities

2 Likes

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by IgweBUIKE1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2020
nomenclature:
Stay in your shithole after all you voted buhari
check my moniker... am from the 5%

1 Like

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by chukxie(m): 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2020
See better country wey angel suppose drop me but mbanu angel say na 9ja he go drop me. Sighs! sad
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by melodyogonna(m): 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2020
Siberia01:
cool
Explorers is showing us
computer generated pics
we all know thats not the real pictures
the Luxemburg i know is a small shit hole
with poor people... that can't afford basic amenities
education system not recognised
what's their GDP
who knows their musicians
who knows their actors and actresses

Nigeria is bad
but economically and infrastructure wise its well better than that village...
how many billionaires do they have

dangote alone can buy that hamlet
grin grin grin
Aswear, even my village better pass that shitty village
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by sylve11: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
akosh005:

Akure nko

grin cool
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Blakpot: 3:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
That's great!
However we don't need to do the same.

The transport sector is very important to our economy. Its a source of income for many Nigerians and generates revenue.

Bt discount could be given to children n the elderly.
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by foxxydude: 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
This is end times news grin
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by ibedun: 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
franchasng:
No black nation on earth can get to this level of development and sanity, its the sad truth

Blacks are the most foolish race in the world.

Very selfish, wicked, and deadly race called black race; black people lack coordination, lack selfless love, lack sound communal leadership and goal setting. Black race prefer chasing personal success and pleasure to communal success. Every black person is after being rich, enriching his or her family, friends and political associates than chasing for the success of his or her community. So forget it, black will forever be backward as a race.

It has to do with skin color, don't be deceived.

If it has nothing to do with skin color, then tell me why we don't have a single black nation doing well all over the world, not even one!!

God have mercy

I think we need good, frank criticism NOT a sermon in self hate. The bolded are really sickening comments and reflect your bitterness.

White achievements started 400 years ago following the extermination of native Americans, slavery of black African people which led enormous wealth triggering the industrial revolution and the development that followed!
Black people built Egypt and other ancient civilisations in Africa.

We have not always been as you described!!!

I will support a pause in procreation pending the time we get the simplest things right, like feeding ourselves right.
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
Siberia01:
cool
[s]Explorers is showing us
computer generated pics
what's their GDP

Nigeria is bad

dangote alone can buy that hamlet[/s]

This type of ignorance and childish reasoning is exactly why Nigeria will never progress.

What is the meaning of this nonsense "Who knows their musicians who knows their actors and actresses"

Are you aware that Luxembourg is currently rated the 3rd richest Country in the world?

You still had the audacity to ask what their GDP is even when you are ignorant of what the facts are?

Well, the chat below is the current list of richest countries in the world and check out for yourself what position Luxembourg occupies and then get educated on what their GDP is as well.

Take a look at Nigeria's global ranking and it's GPD which should be a cause for shame instead of bragging and bringing Dangote into this conversation as if you are a direct beneficiary of his wealth which is also irrelevant to the question in discuss.

https://www.gfmag.com/global-data/economic-data/richest-countries-in-the-world

1 Like

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by kokomilala(m): 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
These are prescient and altruistic leaders; fortunes of history,not the misfortunes we have here.
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by sylve11: 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
maxi225:

You are just plain senseless.

grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by MT: 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hardgun:
God when?

Lol. God when what?? I guess you wanted to write "when will ASUU resumes?".....right or wrong ?? grin grin
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Tango123: 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
heendrix:
In Lagos Danfo guys would remove one of ur shoes/palm easy wears if ur money no complete

The question be say weytin dem go carry am do??

When ur monwy complete, u find them and collect it. Hahaha
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by okitipupaGEE: 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
Lol 9ja
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by NigeriaB(m): 3:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
IgweBUIKE1:
pls how can i migrate with wifey

They don't allow Nigerians into their country
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Hifeholuwarh(m): 3:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
Explorers:

Please let me know when you know.

Don't forget to share it when both of you know. Thanks
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by GolDRoger: 3:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
Kallmerb:
God why did I choose to be born in Nigeria
You mean your parents confided in you bfor u where born?? And u still choose Nigeria??
To slap u d hungry me grin grin grin
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by mrrealbet: 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
SIX-ODD; KICKOFF @ 5PM; STAKE 1OK and win #60,000 etc; payment after winning;

Whatsapp;
08 1 49 51 13 57
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Erojepromise(f): 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2020
Sometimes l wish l had wings to fly l for don leave najia tey tey cry cry cry
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by cyberghost23: 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2020
Siberia01:
cool
Explorers is showing us
computer generated pics
what's their GDP

Nigeria is bad

dangote alone can buy that hamlet

Mugu
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by franchasng: 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2020
ibedun:

I think we need good, frank criticism NOT a sermon in self hate. The bolded are really sickening comments and reflect your bitterness.

White achievements started 400 years ago following the extermination of native Americans, slavery of black African people which led enormous wealth triggering the industrial revolution and the development that followed!
Black people built Egypt and other ancient civilisations in Africa.

We have not always been as you described!!!

I will support a pause in procreation pending the time we get the simplest things right, like feeding ourselves right.

The problem with black race is majority of black people love self deceit.

They derive joy in self deceit.

Wallowing in self delusional and refusing to accept the bitter truth.

Blacks lack the natural will power and coordination to create a developed nation like this, take it from me.

They need white leadership to achieve something close to this development if not, nothing can happen.

When did Dubai development started What about Qatar Oman, Kuwait, South Korea, China, etc

Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and other black nations are as rich as Qatar and co but look at them, poverty is an understatememt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by blowjohn(m): 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2020
heendrix:
In Lagos Danfo guys would remove one of ur shoes/palm easy wears if ur money no complete

The question be say weytin dem go carry am do??

The question should be wetin u want use one leg of palmz or shoe do?
Las las u go pay the money
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Kingstanding: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
Kallmerb:
God why did I choose to be born in Nigeria
. Do the needful so that your children will not ask God why they were born in Nigeria. Save money and leave this God forsaken country.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by AngelicBeing: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
Kriss216:
No one should mention Nigeria here please cry cry
Lol, shame on Ambode grin
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Nigerfine3: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
Guess what? That’s an incentive, human are human, been free does not translate everyone go for it. Most of you when you live there would like to drive your own car despite this. In my state it’s absolutely almost nothing for a day ride but you would see majority of the occupants are homeless, waste a lot of your time too. The little income the bus makes in my city can’t pay the drivers wages!
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by guru90: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
tunjilomo:
Don't compare this place with Nigeria.
This people got the money for something like this.
Their population is small, same as the land mass.

U see your reasoning. What do u mean their population is small!!

Point of correction.
Their Leaders value the masses, they are leading.

While
NIGERIA leaders are self centred and wickedness to the people, they are leading.

Our leaders don't value the masses at all.

NIGERIA could have be the best country in de world but what is killing us in this country is bad and thief politicians we hv as a leader.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Taciturn1: 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
IgweBUIKE1:
pls how can i migrate with wifey
You must be a highly qualified worker
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by oluwasegun007(m): 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2020
Oh God...

Why baba bubu no see this kind train buy for us.
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Btruth: 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hardgun:
God when?
when what ? grin grin grin
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Erojepromise(f): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
Sometimes l wish I had wings to fly l for don leave naija tey tey
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by pelumi67(m): 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
Explorers:
*. Luxembourg is the first country ever to make all trains, trams, and buses completely free.

*. The country’s government introduced it as an attempt to reduce congestion from car traffic and pollution.

François Bausch, the minister of mobility and public works, is convinced that “The range, punctuality and quality of the services on offer are crucial to motivating people to change their habits and switch from private cars to public transport.”

https://www.boredpanda.com/luxembourg-made-all-public-transport-free/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

�� �� Naija
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Bifrost: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2020
Efewestern:
In a country like this, I don't mind paying 60% of my income as tax because I know it will be put into good use.

You guys should stop overrating Rwanda, there are African countries that are far ahead of us but definitely not Rwanda.

True. Rwanda is just vibes and PR, nothing more.

Look at countries like Mauritius free education for citizens up to tertiary education. I marveled.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

World's Highest Traffic Jam: 11 Climbers Died On Mount Everest In One Week(Pics) / Title? / Julius Berger Switches On The Streetlights On The Second Niger Bridge (Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.