Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card (30269 Views)

Paulo Costa: "How Adesanya Celebrated His Victory Is Disgusting, I Want Revenge" / Israel Adesanya Brags In Yoruba To Celebrate His Win Against Paulo Costa / Isreal Adesanya Beats Paulo Costa To Retain UFC Middleweight Championship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by Omobolaji20(m): 9:59am On Sep 26, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
Am I the only one that read in opera news some days ago that Israel adesanya was KOd days ago...?

Not days ago but years ago
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:01am On Sep 26, 2020
Omobolaji20:

Not days ago but years ago
the news said it was with this same costa
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by CAUSTIC002: 10:02am On Sep 26, 2020
lilsaint44:

costa looks bigger due to different genetics
costa weighs 185pounds
izzy 184 pounds
they bought fight at middle weight
which official weight is 185
so weight is not the issue here
ok, cool
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by lilsaint44(m): 10:03am On Sep 26, 2020
this fight is gonna be mad costa is aggressive plus his forward game is mad and he has serious power but he gets tired easily While adesanya is super evasive and fast plus precised mind you costa has a chin and adesanya is not a known one punch ko fighter but am pretty sure izzy wins by decision but its gonna be tough am not counting costa out Expecially in the first two rounds. but and stilllllllll........

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by lilsaint44(m): 10:06am On Sep 26, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
adesanya was kod in kickboxing years ago
4years i think...
not ufc
the guy that kod him is also a Brazilian but a kickboxer
not a ufc fighter
have forgotten his name
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by Buliwyf: 10:06am On Sep 26, 2020
Sunisonflex39:

I am sure you didn't read the news well. Israel was KO'd years ago by another Latino guy. I am sure your mind is just mixing up the names. smiley
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by semid4lyfe(m): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2020
lilsaint44:

adesanya was kod in kickboxing years ago
4years i think...
not ufc
the guy that kod him is also a Brazilian but a kickboxer
not a ufc fighter
have forgotten his name

Alex Pereira

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by AbdulCLO: 10:09am On Sep 26, 2020
I pray he wins because this COSTA is a monster and the way he throws punches i just pray easy to win but it will be veey hard...
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by legba1(m): 10:10am On Sep 26, 2020
Most of you don't know that Adesanya was once knocked out flat by costa country man some years back in china......I hope it doesn't happen again cos that costa sef na beast and he wont entertain Israel's showmanship. Dude need to go for the jugular and get dangerous straight
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by Openbusiness: 10:10am On Sep 26, 2020
Air Style Bender, the last Avatar of this era. His movement is so FLUID like air and so SLIPPERY like oil, you just can't catch and hold him. RIP in advance to Costa grin

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by tundess: 10:11am On Sep 26, 2020
Izzy in 5.
Costa will tire. All that pent up manic energy he has been directing at Adesanya will be blown out in the first 3 rounds and will count for nothing in the last two rounds of a championship bout.
If muscles meant something in this sport, Brock Lesnor would be a g.o.a t.
Izzy must never get into a wrestling match with this guy bc he'll be toast. Brazilian bbj ppl are no joke.
Take his time, pick his shots, avoid Costa's over-hand bombs and he retains the belt.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by lilsaint44(m): 10:11am On Sep 26, 2020
grin grin
semid4lyfe:

Alex Pereira
yeah i knew pereira was among the name but it was this ufc guy name mitchel pereira that kept ringing in my head
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 26, 2020
moralistic:
Costa is too big for this category

Honestly... He should be light heavyweight at least. He wants to use the natural weight advantage so he cuts his water intake and does a lot of cardio before the weigh-ins. But I'm happy he has less time to fully rehydrate. It's gonna affect him too...

Izzy has also mentioned that he's on steroids... He looks like he is on steroids.
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by Princepioneer(m): 10:12am On Sep 26, 2020
Av been watching this guy's former fights since last night.... Guy got skills but he has to apply some new tactics on his opponent this time around cos that Costa guy is a monster...
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by Stevyne: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2020
clairebode:

Glad you did grin
Yup, Caught the signal.
So besides where do you reside in Gidi?
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by lilsaint44(m): 10:14am On Sep 26, 2020
legba1:
Most of you don't know that Adesanya was once knocked out flat by costa country man some years back in china......I hope it doesn't happen again cos that costa sef na beast and he wont entertain Israel's showmanship. Dude need to go for the jugular and get dangerous straight

lol adesanya was knocked out by alex periera in kickboxing competition in 2016.
you really shouldn't say what you don't know
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by lilsaint44(m): 10:17am On Sep 26, 2020
loneprof:

Honestly... He should be light heavyweight at least. He wants to use the natural weight advantage so he cuts his water intake and does a lot of cardio before the weigh-ins. But I'm happy he has less time to fully dehydrate. It's gonna affect him too...

Izzy has also mentioned that he's on steroids... He looks like he is on steroids.

lol costa is jacked but i don't think he is on steriods
he is the most tested fighter in ufc by USADA
he is just jacked naturally
same as yoel romero
but they both can easily make weight and fight at light heavyweight
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by saajus: 10:20am On Sep 26, 2020
legelege can destroy. I wish him the best. I hope he can redeem his image. The last fight against Yoel was a waste of time for me.
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by Openbusiness: 10:20am On Sep 26, 2020
Princepioneer:
Av been watching this guy's former fights since last night.... Guy got skills but he has to apply some new tactics on his opponent this time around cos that Costa guy is a monster...
That's what they say all the time about his opponents, they are monsters and truly they are. But one thing they forget to tell those guys is that Style Bender is the Monster Killer grin. Do you think it is beans or moin moin that the Legendary Spider Man himself aka Silva called Style Bender the real deal and passed the torch to him. Outside of his own talent and chi, Style Bender has the spirit of Spider Man in him grin The only person that can beat Style Bender right now is Jon Jones and fortunately for him they are not in the same weight class, and fortunately for Jon Jones if Style Bender actually reaches that weight class and maintains his skill sets and near-perfect fluid style of combat, Jon Jones is going down mehnnn, KO! The guy's slender appearance they make many people underrate am to their own peril. But Style Bender is a big guy at 6ft 4, he has good reach and combined with his skills, he is very dangerous

1 Like

Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by meobizy(f): 10:21am On Sep 26, 2020
This will play out exactly like his fight with Romero. These steroid boys hit hard, tiring them is the only strategic option. By the third round Adesanya will pick the guy apart to secure the victory. It may turn out another borefest. I do not care since Adesanya will retain the title as usual.
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by SATANNIST: 10:23am On Sep 26, 2020
but seriously , naija is dominating the combat world. but e be like say costa go win. the guy is savage
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by SATANNIST: 10:23am On Sep 26, 2020
meobizy:
This will play out exactly like his fight with Romero. These steroid boys hit hard, tiring them is the only strategic option. By the third round Adesanya will pick the guy apart to secure the victory. It may turn out another borefest. I do not care since Adesanya will retain the title as usual.
costa no dey tire easily o. he destroyed rmero and othrs
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 26, 2020
lilsaint44:

lol costa is jacked but i don't think he is on steriods
he is the most tested fighter in ufc by USADA
he is just jacked naturally
same as yoel romero
but they both can easily make weight and fight at light heavyweight

Well, the thing is we can't say a 100% that USADA's tests are accurate. The way steroids work, it's not always detectable in the blood, there are several factors that affect it...

Either ways, I know Adesanya has him figured out already. Costa is being too confident calling Adesanya skinny. I know he hits non-stop but Izzy will stop him.
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by lilsaint44(m): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2020
mdchikezie:

KAMARU BRUTAL WHICH KAMARU DO YOU WATCH
the kamaru that defeated sergio moraes woodley, Covington yes he is brutal
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by m140(m): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
I watch the fight, the guy was saved by the bell previous round before he later got the hooking
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by lilsaint44(m): 10:33am On Sep 26, 2020
[quote author=loneprof post=94322944]

Well, the thing is we can't say a 100% that USADA's tests are accurate. The way steroids work, it's not always detectable in the blood, there are several factors that affect it...

Either ways, I know Adesanya has him figured out already. Costa is being too confident calling Adesanya skinny. I know he hits non-stop but Izzy will stop him.[/quot

USADA testing so far has proven to be very effective over the years, thats why a lot of fighters stop using peds
bro i feel you almost all the middle weight fighters are always looking down on izzy coz he is skinny
and thats thier doomsday
they don't recognize his fighting iq
costa will charge at Izzy coz he is powerful and very durable
but i know izzy can evade attacks
even tho he will get caught a few times
izzy wins by decision IMO
but its gonna be a tough fight
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by donMIG(m): 10:36am On Sep 26, 2020
lilsaint44:

which stupid agbero?
do you know what you are saying shar

Maybe u don't c it from where I'm cin it man...

Y U THINK HE BEATING THE CRAPP OUTTA THE WHITE DUDES OVER THERE?

STREET TECHNIQUES!!!

N IM SORRY IF U DONT AGREE WIT ME

Watsup wit NL did kovik one-9 also impose lockdown n social distancing as well here?
3 pages only
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by lilsaint44(m): 10:36am On Sep 26, 2020
SATANNIST:
costa no dey tire easily o. he destroyed rmero and othrs

alaye costa dy tire
which romero he destroy
lol
bro go watch the fight
costa win because of him forward pressure
romero wan kill am for that fight
but costa strong he sabi chop blow
na only him don fight romero like that
apart from rob
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by Openbusiness: 10:36am On Sep 26, 2020
OneKinGuy:
Costa is an animal. The guys body is rock solid. I just hope Adesanya wins this as not only will he lose his belt if he loses, He's also gonna be inflicted with heavy damages that might cost him his fighting career.
Style Bender go kill am. Do you know right now that Style Bender is among the top 1% fighters in UFC with the best takedown defense? The guy's takedown defense is sooooo good to the point that other fighters who are highly gifted and skilled with wrestling grappling and takedown skills don't even bother trying when facing him. Because the guy is always like 4 moves ahead of his opponents. They just can't catch him unawares, and his movements are very fluid and unpredictable, they can't hold him. Adesanya eats such fighters for breakfast. Even if Kabib the takedown small god fight Style Bender, Kabib can't take him down cuz Style Bender is too quick, too smart, too fluid, too skillful. Costa's strong point is his striking ability. I think na who u blow u go fit win with striking, Israel na wind grin, very hard to land clean shots on him, very very hard. And Israel is a very dangerous striker too. The guy is a combat machine grin
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by olaolaking: 10:37am On Sep 26, 2020
Pavillon:
I can't wait for this fight....

Israel's last fight was unusual of him... Let's hope he doesn't use same tactics in this one
He actually used the best tactics and it works for him. His opponent was way bigger and more powerful than him. He resorted to hit and run tactics otherwise the guy will wrestle him down and overpower him. Smart dude
Re: Israel Adesanya Vs Paulo Costa: UFC 253 Fight Card by lilsaint44(m): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2020
[quote author=donMIG post=94323356]
Maybe u don't c it from where I'm cin it man...
Y U THINK HE BEATING THE CRAPP OUTTA THE WHITE DUDES OVER THEIR?
STREET TECHNIQUES!!!
N IM SORRY IF U DONT AGREE WIT ME

first of all most agberos are good at using weapons izzy doesn't lol don't compare thier fighting style again lol oju ra won lo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amaju Pinnick Set To Resign: Reveals Why He Will Step Down As NFF President / Bayern München Youth Cup Nigeria At Awka City Stadium update(video&pix) / Juventus Troll Barcelona Over GOAT Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.