Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,851 members, 7,806,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. (2439 Views)

This Is Why You Can't Possibly Run Away From Transsion Holdings Products / How Transsion Holdings Dominated The African Mobile Phone Industry / How Transsion Holdings Are Cheating And Lying To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by CuteMike01(m): 10:54am On Sep 26, 2020
Disclaimer: I'm not a fan of tecno or infinix nor a marketer of any brand. This is just a mere observation, nothing more, nothing less. Thanks for understanding.

Well, It isn't really news that transsion holdings has been antagonised by the likes of xiaomi and oppo as well as some other top brands such as Samsung and Huawei but needless to say in spite of these movements from these brands, transsion still seem to be gaining ground in the African society. I'm saying this as a first hand witness. I must say it's shocking and kinda sad as many Africans specifically Nigerians are still tech-ignorant. These case studies would throw more light on this.
Case 1: I happen to be at a place with some guys. Nepa didn't give us light for some days so we had to charge our phones at a shop. I met a guy who was using a redmi note 5 which he just got from a phone store in Benin. I asked him how much he got it. He told me it was 38,000 naira (used). I operated it for some time and noticed it was quite a good device for that price. It had a decent camera and a fast processor not to mention the powerful battery it came with. Those who have encountered this phone can attest to this. Long story short, I learnt that the guy wanted to swap the phone for a tecno spark 5. I actually felt that was foolhardy and tried to reason with him. There was nothing I didn't say pertaining to the pros of the note 5 over the spark 5, guy didn't listen. He said that he doesn't want to own a phone that has no parts and that the spark 5 had a bigger battery. Funny enough, the guys with us were even taking his side. I just decided to let them be since they wouldn't take my advice. In a sane country, the tecno wouldn't even be regarded as a phone. Did I mention that he even installed an xos launcher on the note 5? Well, I just did.

Case 2: I was at a parlour with two ladies. One was using a Nokia 6 while the other was using an itelp33 plus. The one with the Nokia 6 said she wished she was using the p33 plus. As you expect, I was shocked and asked her if she meant it. She told me her battery doesn't last like the p33 plus. Again, I preached my anti-tech ignorant messages but she maintained her wish to get the p33 plus.

Case 3: I was at a barbing saloon with some people. As it happened, I took my Oppo R7 along with me. Suddenly a friend of mine walked in and hailed me. After we shook hands he noticed my phone and took it from my hand. "Guy, you don buy new phone abi. After all this time." He said. Subsequently, He turned the back and saw the name "Oppo" engraved on it. The next thing I heard was "You done start to dey buy phone wey no get name again abi?" As expected, I tried to explain the pros of the phone but the guy just didn't want to listen. He actually recommended tecno and infinix over it. I just let the issue go.

So there it is, we still have many gullible Nigerians out there. Sad as it is.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by TrollKiller(m): 11:59am On Sep 26, 2020
loooooooool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Ayomarcel(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
LMAO.. E dey happen

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by chariisGRACE(m): 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2020
The attached is a screenshot of what I posted on Facebook. It happens that it is a cousin to what the OP is saying.

14 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by skywalker240(m): 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2020
What can i say, tech illiterates rules the Nigerian smartphone space.
SunshineV

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by ubev01(m): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2020
skywalker240:

SunshineV
you just said it. Most Nigerians are tech illiterates

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by mummyson26(m): 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
I can relate I once gv somebody infinix note6 to collect Xiaomi note7

3 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2020
Why can't xiaomi phone parts be available in the Mrkt?
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by edoairways: 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
Proper enlightenment instead of ranting on the internet would do. Now you see what I have been saying all this while yet some xiaomite tagged tecno's marketer
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by zickyclef: 11:02pm On Sep 26, 2020
BBN wan end una don start transion wahala again.abi de force u to buy.#allpocketarenotequal
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Jacku: 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
Different strokes for different folks. Everybody will use what appeals to them.
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by LadySarah: 3:37am On Sep 27, 2020
It is their money let them choose whichever one they like.

4 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 27, 2020
Please don't bring iPhone into your lame discussions.

Techno is a good phone far better than oppo, Nigerians are wise, you can't expect them to buy a phone without replacement parts. Allow people to buy whatever they like it's their money and not yours.

Some of us use iPhone because it's the best brand in the world. As old as iPhone-6 it still has a good resale value in the market, how many android phones that was made with iPhone 6 Same year still has same market value? Please list them.

iPhone is a phone with distinctive class and with a good resale value even after many years.

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by sunshineV(f): 9:52am On Sep 27, 2020
Truthlord12:

Techno is a good phone far better than oppo, Nigerians are wise, you can't expect them to buy a phone without replacement parts. Allow people to buy whatever they like it's their money and not yours.

Some of us use iPhone because it's the best brand in the world. As old as iPhone-6 it still has a good resale value in the market, how many android phones that was made with iPhone 6 Same year still has same market value? Please list them.

iPhone is a phone with distinctive class and with a good resale value even after many years.
bro shey u think iphone(iphone 6,7 and co) will have resale value in usa? no bants o just sumtin buggin me
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 27, 2020
sunshineV:
bro shey u think iphone(iphone 6,7 and co) will have resale value in usa? no bants o just sumtin buggin me
even in US people still uses iPhone 6. there are lots of sites in America where one can buy used items.

Or do you think only Nigerians that buys used items?
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by sunshineV(f): 10:12am On Sep 27, 2020
Truthlord12:
even in US people still uses iPhone 6. there are lots of sites in America where one can buy used items.

Or do you think only Nigerians that buys used items?
hmmm im not sure dis is d answer i was expecting
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Karleb(m): 11:41am On Sep 27, 2020
Truth is, na money wey I no get dey make me use "transistor" phones. grin grin

If money dey, no member of my family will go near Techno, Itel, infinx and their family members.

That being said, I believe the Naomi hype is too much. In fact, Naomi is a brand that has enjoyed too much hype. Tautology? undecided

Non "Transistor" phones such as Nokia, Samsung, Sony, iPhone, Blackberry etc. has made a fortune in Nigerian market, their phones are better quite alright but the amount is just damn too high.

Transsion phone were the one that stop the monopoly of their Non-Transsion counterparts.

When BB and Samsung were in vogue, ladies lost virginties just to get them, these days, any Tom, Dick and Harry can get a good android phone with 30k, we have transistor phones to thank for this.

Let our dear transistor phones manufacturers enjoy the Nigerian economy, besides, the economy can accommodate them all.

Manchester City is one of TECNO's official sponsors, I believe that brand is going places.

...and Non-Transsion phones still sell like pure water.

4 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Karleb(m): 11:44am On Sep 27, 2020
Stop calling people gullible for not agreeing with you.

6 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Mohbola(f): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
Except you want to start enlighten people, some people will still like to go for transsion phones, no matter what you say

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by nani667: 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2020

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by CuteMike01(m): 9:44am On Sep 28, 2020
Truthlord12:

[s]Techno is a good phone far better than oppo[/s], Nigerians are wise, you can't expect them to buy a phone without replacement parts. Allow people to buy whatever they like it's their money and not yours.

I wanted to ignore that shit but it was just too much to ignore. So tecno is better than oppo abi? Bros, e better you just remain shut if you don't know what to say

3 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by YangaBabe: 6:25am On Sep 29, 2020
I think anyone has a right o get what ever device they want, plus transsion devices are really good too

3 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:30pm On Sep 30, 2020
skywalker240:

SunshineV

Illiterate?
For buying a brand with their own money.

3 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2020
TECNO has build trust and reputation in the Nigeria smartphone market. There's nothing anyone can do to displace that.

2 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Abiodunspectre(m): 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
Karleb:
Stop calling people gullible for not agreeing with you.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by scarycuteface(m): 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2020
Tecno already have a large customer and no one can take that from them
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by edoairways: 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
Abiodunspectre:
TECNO has build trust and reputation in the Nigeria smartphone market. There's nothing anyone can do to displace that.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by edoairways: 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2020
scarycuteface:
Tecno already have a large customer and no one can take that from them
Exactly!
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Jafar1: 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
People choose phones according to their pockets and other factors...
Do u think all Nigerians can afford to buy phone of over N50k?

Of course many of us know that samsung, apple, oppo and huwaei are better than tecno, but do they sell for the same price?
As much as I dislike transsion, I must say, they offer what an average Nigerian can easily afford to buy (I'm reffering to their entry level devices (Like the hot/Smart series and spark/pop/pouvoir series)...

Even if Oppo, Huawei and Xiaomi sell for the same price with transsion, some will still choose Tecno over them...
Why?
1. Availability of parts and Carlcare centres.

2. Brand loyalty.

3. Some people prefer to use what they are familiar with even if it seems inferior.

4. Low cost of repairs even though they tends to develop faults more often....(All phones do spoil at some point, although transsion is less durable compared to their counterparts).

5. Some people also prefer to use what is popular and as far as Nigeria is concerned, we both know Transsion is more popular and rampant compared to the others...

6. Many Nigerians have nothing to do with great processor, all they want is;
*Decent camera (Not necessarily the best) just good atleast with high Mega pixel even though it's fake.
*Great battery considering our power situation.
*Big screen for some.
*Plenty cameras although most are useless but many Nigerians do care for aesthetics and modern designs over real life performance, and how many Nigerians play heavy games? Maybe 2%..Most of them do facebook, whatsapp and few other light games like dream league, something transsion can also do flawlessly. (I will agree with u on ignorance and illiteracy in this point)

Guy, Nigeria doesn't revolve around Nairaland...

Finally, the fact that people don't agree to ur belief doesn't mean they are illiterates or gullible...
Some of them even know more than u do but still choose Transsion...

Lastly, U should try enlighten them instead of trying to tell people how to use their hard earned money!
U don't enlighten people by insulting them (Xiaomi fans are fond of this).

In the end, most transsion phones above 50k don't worth the amount.

As for me, Samsung anyday![/b]

4 Likes

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2020
IPhone or nothing sha
Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by edoairways: 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2020
Are camera phones replacing digital cameras?

1 Like

Re: How Transsion Holdings Has Eaten Deep Into The African Society. by PRYCE(m): 6:45am On Nov 06, 2020
"Eaten deep"? undecided

Transsion phones aren't exclusively used by illiterates as some posters here want you to believe. Plus not all tech savvy people can afford flagship brands... shey na steal dem go steal?

I know some very tech-driven people using itel phones and it serves them just ok.

These narratives sha

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Phone Manufacturers Are Removing The 3.5mm Earpiece Port. What Do You Think? / Mtn Tweak Is Out!!! / Check Out This New Phone Hitting The Market. "WYNNCOM G60Q" I Just Bought Mine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.