Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

The Step Forward For Smart Atheists, According To Humilism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Step Forward For Smart Atheists, According To Humilism (148 Views)

Where We Come From And Where We Go, According To Humilism / Summary Of Humilism, The Religion Of Truth / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Step Forward For Smart Atheists, According To Humilism by JideMakinwa(m): 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
If there are any groups very much admired by Humilies and in Humilism, atheists come really close to the top. For whatever reason you are an atheist, your courage to be odd, in a world where even the most respected folks believe in things they themselves cannot prove without contradicting common sense, is praiseworthy. Especially so is the stance of the atheist who broke out of their childhood indoctrination (to Faith) against the odds. However, this is not to say atheism is right and a stance you should take forever; in fact, atheism is not a camp you should belong to forever. The truly smart atheist moves beyond seeing that belief in the existence of God is nonsense to the biggest truth that their honesty can hold.

This Truth is bigger, dear atheist: "God is really a Mystery to you". Beyond the truth of God's existence is the truth that They are a Mystery. Beyond the truth of God not existing is the truth that They are a Mystery. "God is really a Mystery to you" does not imply that God exists or that God does not exist, it only implies that if you bring yourself to the limit of your certainty that a God does not exist, you are left with the uncertainty that the God does not exist. If you are truly smart, you will see that not all believers are not truly dumb, and you cannot explain away their reality by your logic. If you are truly smart, you will readily doubt your own claim too that God does not exist, and see that what is true is this: you really do not see how They exist.

"What if God exist, don't you think you will lose it all in the afterlife?" This is powerful and reason-provoking, and can quickly force people to take the Pascal's Wager at the point of desperation. But No, this is not the reason Humilism is the step forward for atheists. Just about anybody can be wrong, and even if God exists and there is an afterlife, the chances that you have jumped into the right Faith by that reasoning is not 100%. The smart atheist instead realizes that while they do see how a God does not exist, it does not translate into fact that that God does not exist; God becomes a Mystery to them, and they enter into Humilism.

Is this "step" any different from the pure atheism such person has left behind, that we may call it 'forward step'? Humilism doesn't promise you easy life on earth; it doesn't tell you a great afterlife awaits you. Without guarantee of good life or great afterlife, is it worth it that an atheist leave all they have built around their atheism to become Humble? What do you think? Atheism closes the mind to the possibility of the Divine, and narrows the lens by which the wonders of life may be seen. Like Humilism's Way of Wonder says, "he/she is not shy away from the idea that there is no God, for is there is none, the universe gets the more wonderful in his/her sight in seeming to have a God; he/she does not refute that there is God, for if there is, that God get the more wonderful in seeming not to be". The Humble person finds it wonderful if there is God (and if the God is any of the ones man worship); we also find it wonderful if there is no God. There is deeper appreciation of the experience and the phenomenon of life in Humilism; life is made good by the Wonder. It is very easy for an atheist to get depressed by the absurdity they will be left with in a Godless worldview, the meaninglessness of this all and the vanity of their life; they come to know that life is empty and that it is needless cruelty. This is what pushes many atheists back to Faith - the need to get something to lean on as source of meaning. Humilism on the other hand is continuous wonder; we do not know life so we do not know that it is empty. We only wonder if it is, if it is not.

And if you do have a God, as an atheist, you have presented yourself to that God as one who is 'does not want to know that they can be'. As a Humilist however, you have confessed before Them - as the Creed of Humilism says - that:

" 22 The strength of my arms cannot break the veil of my eyes, I am nothing but one to whom all of these is an open mystery. One who has not one strand of boldness, and no will whatsoever, to stand in haughty denial of Their existence, if only I know, if there, before me, is the Most High (-the Supreme Power over me-)"

"23 I shall not pitch my tent against the Mystery, calling for a show of force, nor display the speed of my craft, nor the destructiveness of my weapons, nor the accuracy of my theories of war, nor the infallibility of my laws of success, nor the high coverage of my spying ears, nor the keenness of my monitoring sight, nor the beauty of my poetic curses, nor the sharpness of my biter, nor the newtons of my fur, nor the penetrating power of a human ray, in aggressive stance to Them who can bend and break my back. I shall not think of any defense for myself if there, before me, is the Most High (-the Supreme Power over me-)[/i]"

"77 I bow to the Mystery, even that I know I do not close the matter, and the mystery of the mystery, and the mystery of even that; I know my humility does not close it up, but I bow. When my mind is up, the mystery remains; when my mind is bowed, the mystery remains. But I bow"

"78 I wonder at the mystery and fear the Mystery, and bow my soul at the magnificent, not because I know, but also because I do not know. I do not know. But I bow." (Creed of Humilism 1: 22-23, 77-78).

But only a few will take this step, perhaps because of the pride and ego of being woke and emancipated from the pastime of 'stone age men who did not know how the world worked' and their 'foolish modern-day zombies taking the opium of religion in delusion'. To be honest with you, atheism is honorable, but it is not your destination. Well, it will become your religion if you stay in it; life parked at owner's risk.

Feel free to abandon atheism: +234 813 6481 081 / thejidemakinwa@gmail.com

Re: The Step Forward For Smart Atheists, According To Humilism by tobechi74: 12:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
Re: The Step Forward For Smart Atheists, According To Humilism by Dtruthspeaker: 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2020
NOW OPEN! NOW OPEN! NOW OPEN! grin

Humilism is Now Open for Business!
Calling all "Atheist", Self-Worshipers, People deceiving themselves that they are good people etc.

Operating Hours = 24Hrs Daily/ Sunday to Sunday.

VACANCY! VACANCY! VACANCY!
Drivers, secretaries, Admin Officers, Cleaners, Managers, Office Assistants, Computer Operators, etc Apply within.

Salary very very Attractive!
grin

1 Like

Re: The Step Forward For Smart Atheists, According To Humilism by JideMakinwa(m): 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
NOW OPEN! NOW OPEN! NOW OPEN! grin

Humilism is Now Open for Business!
Calling all "Atheist", Self-Worshipers, People deceiving themselves that they are good people etc.

Operating Hours = 24Hrs Daily/ Sunday to Sunday.

VACANCY! VACANCY! VACANCY!
Drivers, secretaries, Admin Officers, Cleaners, Managers, Office Assistants, Computer Operators, etc Apply within.

Salary very very Attractive!
grin

lol

(1) (Reply)

Joel Osteen Devotional September 29 2020 / Be Motivated ! / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/10/2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.