Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos (59908 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by dayleke: 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:

Well for transportation
Air fare cost NGN20,500 per adult to CALABAR
Fare to the hotel from Calabar airport NGN2,000
Journey from Calabar to Uyo NGN2,100
Journey from Uyo to Eket: NGN1,500
Journey from Eket to Ibeno Beach: NGN600 to and fro.

I hope this is sufficient

Hotel fees?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by juniorstar(m): 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2020
hope those dogs are not about to be butchered!
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by spatiakrux(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2020
OVB123:
Haven visit both state, please abraham kindly do justice to this question: between Akwa Ibom state and Cross River state which state is better of, interm of infrastructures?

Very simple. Uyo is far better in terms of infrastructure. I know cos I reside in Calabar and I have been to Uyo many a time.

7 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:
We arrived Margaret Ekpo International Airport, Calabar at exactly 1450hours. The flight experience was awesome, the pilot announced about 15mins prior to the landing that we were close and would land soon. The weather was cloudy and it was drizzling as we got off the flight and went into the luggage area of the airport to receive ours.

At the exit from the airport, there were several taxi services waiting for passengers. We negotiated with one of the reps who would take us to the hotel not very far from the airport. Initially, they insisted on us paying 3,000 for the fare but due to the Lagos hustling experience, we were able to negotiate it further down to 2,000 naira. The driver was very friendly and drove us down to the hotel.

We had quite a funny experience during the trip. The hotel did not have a well placed sign post and the driver was not sure. There was another hotel just next to the hotel we wanted to lodge. We had to make u turns about 3 times not knowing that we were already around the hotel area. It was all fun though, we brought out our luggage from the car, paid the driver and went on to Book a nice room to lodge.

How much did you pay for a night at this hotel?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by mkoabiola: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
What is d total cost for trips.

Make i use this *laapo*money way de my acct flex small.

Na flex I Wan flex I no kill person

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by PussyOdour(m): 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
I hope you enjoyed your stay in Akwa Ibom? Obviously i can see you did.
Akwa Ibom ayaiya akan eyen iyak

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
Am residing in Calabar amd i have been to Akwa Ibom, in terms of infrastructure Akwa ibom is miles ahead of Cross River and Uyo is far far far ahead of Calabar.But there is more money in calabar than uyo, better enjoyment spots and leisure facilities in calabar,more Keke tricycle than cars in UYO, infact with the julius berger fine roads in uyo na keke full am.In all Uyo is more friendly to visitors both for leisure or business trip,less i forget,kidnapping, robbery and cultism is an issue in calabar. Both calabar and Uyo are far better than most state capitals around for tourism.
OVB123:
Haven visit both state, please abraham kindly do justice to this question: between Akwa Ibom state and Cross River state which state is better of, interm of infrastructures?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by citruslimited(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2020
Akwa ibom Is growing everyday
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by emerazz(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2020
Sparekey:

Hello bro, can I get your contact?
Need to visit some of this place as am new in Calabar
toh send a pm.. I'll holla you when I'm off duty..
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Magic1: 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:
Calabar Cultural Center, Mary Slessor Street.

Mary Slessor Avenue, not street. Welcome to Calabar

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by dayleke: 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
Wey OP now?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by spatiakrux(m): 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
flavnwokem:
Am residing in Calabar amd i have been to Akwa Ibom, in terms of infrastructure Akwa ibom is miles ahead of Cross River and Uyo is far far far ahead of Calabar.But there is more money in calabar than uyo, better enjoyment spots and leisure facilities in calabar,more Keke tricycle than cars in UYO, infact with the julius berger fine roads in uyo na keke full am.In all Uyo is more friendly to visitors both for leisure or business trip,less i forget,kidnapping, robbery and cultism is an issue in calabar. Both calabar and Uyo are far better than most state capitals around for tourism.

You are on point.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Princessbettyj(f): 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Boobless person cheesy

Lmao grin cheesy grin olodo
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Okoroawusa: 1:52pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:
Menu list
This f...king cheap!

A hotel in Calabar?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Sanchez01: 1:54pm On Oct 02, 2020
PROPHETmichael:

May God upgrade you from economy (where they tell people to off their phone) to first class where your phone can be on throughout the duration of the flight IJN

Now, repeat after me, God punish poverty.
LMAO grin

Well, even in economy, I have never had to switch off my phone for once. There is a reason why "airplane mode" is on all smartphones.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by DimIsaac10(m): 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2020
Abeg nothing special there. Come to Bornu, come and witness tourism in it beauty.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Tonyblinky(m): 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2020
Am presently in akwa ibom state, ibeno precisely,all the way from Benin city. I have visited Ikot ekpene,uyo and eket. Would also spend one weekend in oron soon.
Can boldly say,the place is very nice to be. Very friendly and conducive environment. Food and relaxation is top notch. My only turn off is their language...no hard feelings anyways.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2020
Sweetbrownbuns, come and see lets plan.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Okoroawusa: 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2020
post=94534759:
@Poster, Hope you bought Mtn Recharge Card Along The Road?
They sell recharge card along the road? In Calabar or uyo?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by profet: 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2020
emerazz:
OP.. nice visit bhu wen nxt get someone that is staying here in calabar to be your tour guide. you visited absolutely nowhere and saw nothing in calabar..

e.g you see that marina resort baa, there's a slave trade museum closeby.. filled with very vital historical artifacts.. one of the best in the country.

would have taken you to Efé Ekpe on a Saturday, you'll see EKPE the main ancestral god of calabar as a masquerade displaying.. very interesting nd colorful..
would have given you one of my white chiftancy top and a wrapper so you can follow us and jolly with d Ekpe like u can see in d pic below.... however your gel would be behind probly with my gel, as women dont come close to it like u can see in d pic..

ull see atámbembem, its a masquerade too, taller Dan three story building, on display.. with white handkerchiefs hovering about it like drones without support whatsoever..

would've taken you to the akpabuyo pitbull dog fighting on a sunday, just like the Spanish bull fighting.. very interesting and full of suspense.. if u care we can hit a dogmeat joint grin very necessary; D

we would have sailed the marina sea with a speedboat... etc.. bro you missed.. a whole lot..

maybe holla me nxt time..
safe trip back tu lag bro..

Please can you drop your contact or simply contact me on 08095364774...( Calls and WhatsApp )

I will love to explore Calabar and Uyo but this time around....by ROAD. I prefer road trips.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Okoroawusa: 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2020
Princessbettyj:

Lmao grin cheesy grin olodo
Babe don't mind him. He wants a woman with generator on her chest. You are okay the way you her.

I love women with small breasts.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by mmsen: 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
OVB123:
Thank you very much but I don't know why Calabar is living in past glory? the place can not be compared to Uyo now.

Everyone who has been to Calabar in the past 2/3 years can see that it is a city in decline. Meanwhile Uyo is on the upswing.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by farady(m): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2020
flavnwokem:

Please, how would you rate Uyo in terms of kidnapping, robbery and cultism?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by frozen70(f): 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2020
Scrupulous419:

#Unscrupulous

Nigarr comfortably spending money on hoe.

#Comesmokewithme angry

Every one is not like you, most men her are very responsible and organized than you are
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by SweetBrownBuns: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2020
BKsoul:
Sweetbrownbuns, come and see lets plan.

grin You're putting ideas in my head o baby grin
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2020
SweetBrownBuns:

grin You're putting ideas in my head o baby grin
abeg i cant wait.. lets plan.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Princessbettyj(f): 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Babe don't mind him. He wants a woman with generator on her chest. You are okay the way you her.

I love women with small breasts.

Lmao thanks hun kiss

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Princessbettyj(f): 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Who stole Ur boobs see as u just flat anyhow. cheesy

Lolzzzzzzzzz angry nah you thief am nah, grin grin grin
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Kinematics: 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2020
farady:

Please, how would you rate Uyo in terms of kidnapping, robbery and cultism?

In terms of Kidnapping and Robbery Uyo is better than many cities in Nigeria including Lagos. But just drive a little up north of Uyo ie Ikot Ekpene and the story is the direct opposite.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Homeless Nigerian Man Rescued From The Streets In Houston, US (Photos) / Iranian Who Made Paris Airport Home For 18 Years Dies (picture) / My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.