Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos (59788 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by geokay777(m): 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:

We did not get to move around a lot in both states but from the few areas we touched ground, in my opinion, Akwa Ibom has well tarred roads and better infrastructure.
I reside in calabar, been to Uyo, Akwa Ibom state capital on several occasion,,,,,,, infrastructural wise, Uyo is far better,,,,, for tourist attractions, Calabar is preferable.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by ike95: 3:50pm On Oct 02, 2020
samuelson06:

You want him to fly to Obudu abi? Tell Ayade to fix the road. It's messy here.
abi

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ilaumoh(m): 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2020
geokay777:

I reside in calabar, been to Uyo, Akwa Ibom state capital on several occasion,,,,,,, infrastructural wise, Uyo is far better,,,,, for tourist attractions, Calabar is preferable.
Big lie abeg... Which tourism wise.. That den of crime and kidnapping abeg leave matter
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by mmsen: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2020
OVB123:
What do you think is the cause of the declined?

Imoke was just there for the sake of being there but even he wasn't as bad as Ayade.

Ayade is there to line his pockets, that of his family and cultist allies.

PDP in CRS sold out to the highest bidder and now the entire state is paying the price.

Calabar isn't as safe as it used to be nor is it as well kept, hardly any flights coming out of Calabar these days and the roads are the worst they've been in over a decade.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by OVB123: 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2020
flavnwokem:
Am residing in Calabar amd i have been to Akwa Ibom, in terms of infrastructure Akwa ibom is miles ahead of Cross River and Uyo is far far far ahead of Calabar.But there is more money in calabar than uyo, better enjoyment spots and leisure facilities in calabar,more Keke tricycle than cars in UYO, infact with the julius berger fine roads in uyo na keke full am.In all Uyo is more friendly to visitors both for leisure or business trip,less i forget,kidnapping, robbery and cultism is an issue in calabar. Both calabar and Uyo are far better than most state capitals around for tourism.
In summary, what you are saying now is that economically, Calabar is better than Uyo why infrastructurally, Uyo is better than Calabar?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by obayendo1010(m): 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2020
Scrupulous419:

#unscrupulous

U wanna take a bitch out right
Simp gay? wink
Haha
Simp is not in writing neither is Alpha a title to earn but on a normal level....am a GOOD bad guy.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by AnthonyAk(m): 3:55pm On Oct 02, 2020
Kinematics:

If you are looking for rest from the hustle and bustle of life, you'll enjoy Cali more than Lagos and PH. But give yourself like 1 month when the relaxation mood is over then you'll want to run back to Lagos and PH.

For sure, I like ph more than lag now tho. Lagos is just stress I dont need. From the moment you land lag is wahala.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by dayleke: 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2020
TourismMan:

During non-festival period in Calabar/Uyo, standard hotel rooms could go as low as 6k/night. However, during festive period, standard rooms go as high as 15-18k. This is also applicable to the class of hotel. A no-star hotel cannot be same rate with a 3 or 5-star hotel.

Anyways, I base in Calabar but from Akwa Ibom. If you need further information regarding tourism or a normal visit to any of the states, kindly PM me.

You no sabi me again?
Where have you been bro?
You just disappeared. ...hope all is well .

I go surely holla you na.
I know you based in cali.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by dayleke: 4:00pm On Oct 02, 2020
Meteng:
Enjoying Akwa Ibom, him no remember nairaland again

Lol...
Na him kuku bring his trip to us when we dey siddon jejely.
Him kon abandon us now.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by dayleke: 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2020
Taciturn1:
https://hotels.ng/hotel/88454-delve-hotel-suites-cross-river

Thanks.
But this is only for delve hotel.
How about others in calabar?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Chirowman(m): 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
I love Akwaibom state especially Uyo ,that state been giving me joy for years

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by MrEazi223: 4:10pm On Oct 02, 2020
I’m a Yoruba guy but has been in Akwa Ibom since 2 years ago working between the two states Akwa Ibom and Calabar

Ask me any questions concerning the 2 states and I’ll give you the correct answer
There is no any local government in Akwa Ibom I haven’t been to and been to most Cross Rivers state local government area too.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Kriss216: 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2020
Denique:

Mmmm! Margaret Thatcher nkor?
Troublemaker.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ogaonos: 4:21pm On Oct 02, 2020
does cross River grow strawberry
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by lkillbrokehoes: 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
Princessbettyj:

Ode undecided
The person that press that thing inside iz a wicked human being cheesy

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by nsiba: 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:
Hello nairalanders, here I will posting details of my trip to Calabar and Akwa Ibom.

You are a good Nigerian 2d core
Plz Nigerians spend your holiday in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by hahn(m): 4:39pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:
wink

Peppersoup loading wink

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ebenezer2021(m): 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:
Periwinkle and Kanda
hope you washed it down with palmwine?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by molbic(m): 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2020
AnthonyAk:
I miss home m when I brought my girl to naija she enjoyed cali even more than lag and ph
this one Na one of the Nairaland ancestors
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ebenezer2021(m): 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2020
emerazz:
OP.. nice visit bhu wen nxt get someone that is staying here in calabar to be your tour guide. you visited absolutely nowhere and saw nothing in calabar..

e.g you see that marina resort baa, there's a slave trade museum closeby.. filled with very vital historical artifacts.. one of the best in the country.

would have taken you to Efé Ekpe on a Saturday, you'll see EKPE the main ancestral god of calabar as a masquerade displaying.. very interesting nd colorful..
would have given you one of my white chiftancy top and a wrapper so you can follow us and jolly with d Ekpe like u can see in d pic below.... however your gel would be behind probly with my gel, as women dont come close to it like u can see in d pic..

ull see atámbembem, its a masquerade too, taller Dan three story building, on display.. with white handkerchiefs hovering about it like drones without support whatsoever..

would've taken you to the akpabuyo pitbull dog fighting on a sunday, just like the Spanish bull fighting.. very interesting and full of suspense.. if u care we can hit a dogmeat joint grin very necessary; D

we would have sailed the marina sea with a speedboat... etc.. bro you missed.. a whole lot..

maybe holla me nxt time..
safe trip back tu lag bro..

eyeneka afo odu ke mmong?
I be ibibio Sha and I for like reason those places you mentioned
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ebenezer2021(m): 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2020
sorsor:
Na dis type of travel travel tourism life I wan dey live but money dey yab man o

God no go shame us
same here.
Traveling is fun.
God punish poverty.
Better days ahead

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ilaumoh(m): 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2020
MrEazi223:
I’m a Yoruba guy but has been in Akwa Ibom since 2 years ago working between the two states Akwa Ibom and Calabar

Ask me any questions concerning the 2 states and I’ll give you the correct answer
There is no any local government in Akwa Ibom I haven’t been to and been to most Cross Rivers state local government area too.
Which town in Akwa Ibom state is called ikot Iwan??

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ebenezer2021(m): 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2020
Tonyblinky:
Am presently in akwa ibom state, ibeno precisely,all the way from Benin city. I have visited Ikot ekpene,uyo and eket. Would also spend one weekend in oron soon.
Can boldly say,the place is very nice to be. Very friendly and conducive environment. Food and relaxation is top notch. My only turn off is their language...no hard feelings anyways.
lol I reside in Benin though but presently in Uyo cos that's where I'm from.
Lol the language is kinda like Chinese grin
By the way Domor bro

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by wildlife9999(m): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2020
EGprince:
Eket my hometown, I'm proud to be an Eket born. I hope you learnt one or two words, like Abadie

That is when he has friends or make friends with people around there that he learn that
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ebenezer2021(m): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2020
purpleicious:
Jesus! Fare from airport to hotel, #2000?Did U board an airspace?It's Mary Slessor Road not Street and I hope you enjoyed the hospitality.
where are you?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ilaumoh(m): 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2020
OVB123:
In summary, what you are saying now is that economically, Calabar is better than Uyo why infrastructurally, Uyo is better than Calabar?
You try and used common sense na..
If you are told that economically calabar that is dry without any company or better IGR is better than uyo.. You no for swear for the fir the examiner.. Abi you just want make him lie give you...
Akwa Ibom is better than Cross River state in all ramifications ok..

Eket and Ibeno axis is richer than calabar ok
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by freemindcity: 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2020
Tonyblinky:
Am presently in akwa ibom state, ibeno precisely,all the way from Benin city. I have visited Ikot ekpene,uyo and eket. Would also spend one weekend in oron soon.
Can boldly say,the place is very nice to be. Very friendly and conducive environment. Food and relaxation is top notch. My only turn off is their language...no hard feelings anyways.
If your coming to oron you let me know so i show you places no odd feelings kudos enjoy my state!

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by faithful2911(m): 5:09pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:
Ibeno
Welcome to my kingdom cool

Cc. moreb2cum Crownedrookie GentRoyal bunnae
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
Yes
OVB123:
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by AnthonyAk(m): 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2020
molbic:
this one Na one of the Nairaland ancestors
We don dey here since. Funny how nairaland hasen't changed but at one point it was almost in competition with facebook.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Scrupulous419(m): 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2020
obayendo1010:

Haha
Simp is not in writing neither is Alpha a title to earn but on a normal level....am a GOOD bad guy.

$ighted wink

Much love Blaad

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by nsilordgmail(m): 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2020
Op while you where there at the hotel's restaurant in calabar eating, I was in the bar sipping some chilled beer. I hope you enjoyed your stay in calabar. When covid 19 wahala is over, please do remember to visit during the xmas period. I bet you'll be more impressed than now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Pictures Of Warri Ughelli Port Harcourt Road After The Flood / Man Wears 15 Shirts At Airport To Avoid Paying Flight Baggage Charge / Container Fell Down From Ojuelegba Bridge (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.