Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,210 members, 7,780,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:18 PM

In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job (3737 Views)

LAUTECH Graduate Returns His Certificate To The School, Asks For Refund Of Fees / Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) / How A BSC HOLDER Murdered English, While Defending His Certificate Against HND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by MiztaSpark(m): 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
First I will say that was a very foolish move and definitely a move by someone who we classify as people who school passed through them and not people that school passed through.

Secondly, how can you pass through school these days and depend on finding a job you already know is not easily available? What happened to acquiring other skills and becoming productive on your own?

Certificates are just mere papers that already shows you are educated but does not guarantee a job because his action already shows why he probably didn't get a job being that he must have been applying for big dreams which his mindset doesn't fit into.

My simple advise to Nigerian youth is to always focus on becoming employers after graduation and not job seekers. Those companies you are applying for were established by human beings who thought outside the box. You can be lucky to get a good job and same time you also can't be lucky, but why go to school and depend solely on getting a job?

Many big companies are owned by people who never passed through the walls of universities but some of them later when to school after making it in life just to keep those certificates for what is unpredictable.

Please be wise and focus. Not all that glitters is GOLD.

8 Likes

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Arrewa: 7:24pm On Sep 26, 2020
The truth is that there's no way you will be a university graduate and won't find job in the north.

Even people with NSE do find at least teaching jobs.

The guy is just chasing clout... It's just a publicity stunt.

And he succeeded in getting the attention!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by thesicilian: 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
Foolish move indeed

2 Likes

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Shellsploit: 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2020
shocked

1 Like

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by ThatFairGuy1: 7:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
I'm just asking, is it a shame for a graduate to have farm?

Farmers are the ones making it these days nah.

3 Likes

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by muykem: 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2020
His thought process that lead to this foolish decision is a pointer to why he couldn't secure a job.

3 Likes

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 27, 2020
That guy didn't burn his original certificates. Just his colored print out copies.

"They do anything for clout"

In all this country is a shithole

5 Likes

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by namiji2598: 5:54am On Sep 27, 2020
Arrewa:

The truth is that there's no way you will be a university graduate and won't find job in the north.

some of us here in the north have graduated 10 years ago and still not Job...abeg make I no talk too much am damn broke

7 Likes

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Telegram234(m): 7:28am On Sep 27, 2020
The guy is a fool.
He should go and read about mark nsukka bread, sorry mark zukerberg, bill gates so many including our oga seun osewa, especially jack ma, the richest man in china.
Jack ma that finish school and applied for over 20 jobs including kfc, them no give work. Oya even our presido buhari no get certificate but he is ruling nigeria and even commanding them wole soyinka.
I know so many graduates in my area, them look for work tire, dem no see, now them be gee boys.

6 Likes

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by ProphetofOdin: 8:00am On Sep 27, 2020
Certificate does not mk you rich it only open your mind to think of how to solve problems.

By the way:
If you want to make an extra cash for yourself doing a legitimate side hustle please check my signature and follow the link. No down payment all you need is your phone and you can earn as much as 400k.
This is not a fast money making scheme it takes a bit of consistency and patience by working smart with your smart phone.
Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by nnamdi640: 8:09am On Sep 27, 2020
Am sure what he burnt was scanned copies....
No human on his or her right senses will do such thing at that age, except he or she is suffering from mental disorderness.

1 Like

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by samuelpeters(m): 8:37am On Sep 27, 2020
Telegram234:
The guy is a fool.
He should go and read about mark nsukka bread, sorry mark zukerberg, bill gates so many including our oga seun osewa, especially jack ma, the richest man in china.
Jack ma that finish school and applied for over 20 jobs including kfc, them no give work. Oya even our presido buhari no get certificate but he is ruling nigeria and even commanding them wole soyinka.
I know so many graduates in my area, them look for work tire, dem no see, now them be gee boys.
He's not a fool guy!
He made his decision. We all cannot be buhari, how many people without certificate ruled Nigeria. Its not like buhari is not educated.
So you want him to de do G abi

Abeg make una stop to de give us all these examples from America.
Tell us about people from Nigeria that graduated some 5-10 years ago and now owns a company or something, that one is more realistic than telling me about Bill gate in Far away North America.

5 Likes

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by OGWILLS123: 8:49am On Sep 27, 2020
samuelpeters:

He's not a fool guy!
He made his decision. We all cannot be buhari, how many people without certificate ruled Nigeria. Its not like buhari is not educated.
So you want him to de do G abi

Abeg make una stop to de give us all these examples from America.
Tell us about people from Nigeria that graduated some 5-10 years ago and now owns a company or something, that one is more realistic than telling me about Bill gate in Far away North America.
And how many graduate owns a provision shop in Nigeria undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by samuelpeters(m): 9:00am On Sep 27, 2020
OGWILLS123:

And how many graduate owns a provision shop in Nigeria undecided
And how many doesn't?
Do you have any data to backup your plan.
Do you know why i mentioned you?
You talked about things that are almost unrealistic.
How many graduate can boast of 200k in their account. Or na free to learn a skill or to start business.
Ma guy, it's not easy at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by jumper524(m): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2020
namiji2598:
some of us here in the north have graduated 10 years ago and still not Job...abeg make I no talk too much am damn broke
graduate for over ten years and couldn't get a job in the north??

for reaaalll??
I know the market is competitive in the north central but if for ten years you couldn't get a teaching job in the north, you need to meet your village people..
Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 27, 2020
But the guy is a short term thinker.

Imagine, he gets a political appointment now, which certificate will he show them?
Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 27, 2020
Telegram234:
The guy is a fool.

Buhari has a certificate.

Pls dont start mentioning any jack ma, bill gate or mark zukerberg, no Nigerian can ever be like them

4 Likes

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by ClassicMan202(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2020
The mumu just wan chase clout.... Why not just gather the certificates put under bed then comot go hustle? Must you burn it? Now wey him don burn am, hope say him don get the work?
Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Maj196(m): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2020
He didn't burn his NYSC and BSC... Those are mostly sec school or statement of results
Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Jerryojozy(m): 10:28am On Sep 27, 2020
Arrewa:

You are right. My first earning came from teaching in a secondary sch in dakata Kano. Thank God for where am I today. Some graduate have this mind set " I must land 6 figure job immediately after sch" it's not so. Less appreciate little beginning. My breakthrough came through a corper who take to serve in the sch....the rest is history.

Genius J

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Arrewa: 10:30am On Sep 27, 2020
Jerryojozy:
You are right. My first earning came from teaching in a secondary sch in dakata Kano. Thank God for where am I today. Some graduate have this mind set " I must land 6 figure job immediately after sch" it's not so. Less appreciate little beginning. My breakthrough came through a corper who take to serve in the sch....the rest is history.

Genius J
God bless your hustle
Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by OGWILLS123: 11:58am On Sep 27, 2020
samuelpeters:

And how many doesn't?
Do you have any data to backup your plan.
Do you know why i mentioned you?
You talked about things that are almost unrealistic.
How many graduate can boast of 200k in their account. Or na free to learn a skill or to start business.
Ma guy, it's not easy at all.
Dude you are not getting what am saying undecided
I was asking the guy how many Nigerians graduate can boasts of a good provision
store not the other round.

I don't know about any other countries but in this my 9ja under graduate
are far more better than the so called graduate in terms of finance, am not saying
graduate are not making it also ooh undecided but is very rare.

1 Like

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Jerryojozy(m): 11:58am On Sep 27, 2020
Arrewa:
God bless your hustle
God bless yours too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by ArticleBeast: 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2020
Arrewa:

Which of the north? The one I am in or which other one.

1 Like

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Telegram234(m): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Buhari has a certificate.

Pls dont start mentioning any jack ma, bill gate or mark zukerberg, no Nigerian can ever be like them
bro i understand.
My point is that there is light after a tunnel. But take a look at igbo businessmen, many of them did not even finish secondary school but they are doing extremely well, making lot of money. If u need proof, go to anambra state and see for yourself.
#igboamaka

2 Likes

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Hisduchess(f): 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2020
Certificate limits people aswear except you decide to free yourself .A friend of mine who is a Graduate is a Tipper Driver,yes you heard me right.last year he told me that he was buying his own Tipper after driving for someone for like two to three years. Today he has two tippers and is living well whilst running a block industry. He entered into the business by firstly learning how to drive tipper,from there he became a conductor (kinda motorboy) before he started driving and then buying his own. If he is disciplined when it comes to women(his weakness) he will have fleet of tippers soon.This guy is a Graduate but he choose to make way for himself since he understands the country he is in.Burning Certificates ooo, regretting going to school ooo, complaining up and down no go help anybody.

That boy that burnt his certificates is mentally deranged or will I say a clout chaser cos he passed through school but the school didn't pass through him. I think he has this entitlement mentality like someone owes him shii for going to school mtchewww.

Ermmmm BTW where is Mrcork bikonu,hope he is still alive ooo, haven't heard from him since.Mrcork I'm missing you and your stress ooo grin
Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hisduchess:
Certificate limits people aswear except you decide to free yourself .A friend of mine who is a Graduate is a Tipper Driver,yes you heard me right.last year he told me that he was buying his own Tipper after driving for someone for like two to three years. Today he has two tippers and is living well whilst running a block industry. He entered into the business by firstly learning how to drive tipper,from there he became a conductor (kinda motorboy) before he started driving and then buying his own. If he is disciplined when it comes to women(his weakness) he will have fleet of tippers soon.This guy is a Graduate but he choose to make way for himself since he understands the country he is in.Burning Certificates ooo, regretting going to school ooo, complaining up and down no go help anybody.

That boy that burnt his certificates is mentally deranged or will I say a clout chaser cos he passed through school but the school didn't pass through him. I think he has this entitlement mentality like someone owes him shii for going to school mtchewww.

Ermmmm BTW where is Mrcork bikonu,hope he is still alive ooo, haven't heard from him since.Mrcork I'm missing you and your stress ooo grin

So graduates should go and drive tipper. chei. Gerrard59.
Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Karleb(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

There is dignity in labor.

1 Like

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Gerrard59(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Bros, at this point, all man for himself.

2 Likes

Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
Karleb:

There is dignity in labor.
So you go drive Tipper grin grin
Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by Karleb(m): 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
So you go drive Tipper grin grin
If I have no option and/or have passion for the business, why not?
I'm not made for hard work though, that's why I'm leveraging on smart work.
Re: In Reaction To The Thread Of The Boy Who Burnt His Certificate Because Of No Job by samuelpeters(m): 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
OGWILLS123:

Dude you are not getting what am saying undecided
I was asking the guy how many Nigerians graduate can boasts of a good provision
store not the other round.

I don't know about any other countries but in this my 9ja under graduate
are far more better than the so called graduate in terms of finance, am not saying
graduate are not making it also ooh undecided but is very rare.
Oh, i understand you now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Student At University Of Glasgow UK To Share Room With / Gain Admission Into IUMA Internation University Of Management And Administration / Eastern Palm University Admitting For 2017/2018 Session, Fees N250,000 Per Semes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.