Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence (513 Views)

What Does The Bible Have To Say About YAHOO YAHOO? / Catholicism's SHOCKING Attitude Toward The Bible! / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence by Harpyeagle(m): 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
I've had this question a while and would like the brethren here to help me. Is SELF CONFIDENCE a sin?. Is it a sin to be self confident?
cc lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence by LikeAking: 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2020
Harpyeagle:
I've had this question a while and would like the brethren here to help me. Is SELF CONFIDENCE a sin?. Is it a sin to be self confident?

The bible is totally against been confident.

Thats one of the reason why many people are opposing religion in this modern day,because its robing people of their true/right identity/traits/talents.etc.

Children from religious fams lack confidence when compared to children from libral fam.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence by tobechi74: 10:51pm On Sep 26, 2020
Bible called it pride I guess
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 26, 2020
Let your confidence be on the Lord
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence by Dtruthspeaker: 12:04am On Sep 27, 2020
Harpyeagle:
cc lalasticlala, mynd44

The first thing you must learn is that you do not own yourself but God Owns Everything that makes you, you.

You only have Usufactory Rights (Rights to Use Only) and Possessory Rights but not Ownership.

Thus, where you claim what does not belong to you, you are in effect Stealing what belongs to God, like a tenant attempting to claim the glory of the house he rented. (Make your landlord no hear am).

That is where you interfere with your Owner's (God) Right, like your landlord and you shall have offended Him.

Children of the landlord are safe because They Stay In Their Position.

So also all Glory and Honour and Praise must be given to God, your Father and Owner of You, whilst you stay in your place as one who has only been Permited to Use a Thing, in this case, your body and soul.and intellect and all.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence by Kobojunkie: 5:27am On Sep 30, 2020
Harpyeagle:
Jesus Christ said if you want to be worthy of Him, you must die to self, carry your cross and follow Him. In fact, God declares that cursed is anyone who puts His trust in man (self included)....
So, when your Motivational speaker pastors preach to you about self-confidence in the name of God, they are lying to you.

Self-confidence of course is for those who are unbelievers.... those who do not believe in God. After all, they have no God but themselves to be confident in.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence by Kobojunkie: 5:34am On Sep 30, 2020
LikeAking:
The bible is totally against been confident.

Thats one of the reason why many people are opposing religion in this modern day,because its robing people of their true/right identity/traits/talents.etc.

Children from religious fams lack confidence when compared to children from libral fam.
God is not against our being confident ... no, He is not. He instead commands that one's confidence/trust lie solely in Him and Him alone, as opposed to confidence in oneself or in systems run by men. That differs from your claim that the Bible is against being confident.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence by LikeAking: 12:31pm On Sep 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
God is not against our being confident ... no, He is not. He instead commands that one's confidence/trust lie solely in Him and Him alone, as opposed to confidence in oneself or in systems run by men. That differs from your claim that the Bible is against being confident.

Telling poeple to be only confident in him is a trade offf with the real confidence.

Its all about making humans small and docile.

Once humans loose their confidence they will become over dependent on religion.

Its a trap.

The problem with our generation is simple:We have been robed of our confidence/boldness and fearlessness by our parents.religion and school,etc.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence by gideonjeta(m): 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2020
Op... The Bible is not against self confidence but it is against over confidence. At 1st Corinth 10:12,13 which says in parts “Let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.” ,Apostle Paul was warning against over confidence which has elements related to pride. So it is good to be self confident but it should be to a proper degree so that it does not become overconfidence.

Harpyeagle:
cc lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2020
LikeAking:
Telling poeple to be only confident in him is a trade offf with the real confidence.
By this you assume that the confidence we, as individuals, labor to muster in ourselves through various means is "real confidence"?
LikeAking:
Its all about making humans small and docile.
But we are all small and docile at best. Look around you, no matter how much confidence we each muster in self, the vast majority remains small and docile.
LikeAking:
Once humans loose their confidence they will become over dependent on religion.
Its a trap.
The same humans become trapped and dependent on the source of their self-confidence even where "religion" as defined by your mind is concerned. Look around you at those who are trapped by the system and politics of this world from where they draw their confidence. Isn't that the religion that entraps them too? Those whose confidence are drawn from their status and intelligents also end up trapped in that bubble....when it comes down to it all. How many people are truly confident in themselves(aside from all things external to their minds)? The worries and anxieties of this world plague most all of us... not just the overly religious. So who is to say what "real confidence" is when even that which we pretend is confidence, is dependent on ideas and definition created in the minds of men, concepts that change at the drop of a dime.
LikeAking:
The problem with our generation is simple:We have been robed of our confidence/boldness and fearlessness by our parents.religion and school,etc.
That is most definitely a problem. Your parent's by selling you on the same lies they were sold by their ancestors, so-called religious leaders, society, and elders, have indeed robbed you all of your confidence. But what makes you think you are not even now still stuck in the same puddle, only with a different name and message? How can you truly know this to be the case?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Self Confidence by Kobojunkie: 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2020
gideonjeta:
Op... The Bible is not against self confidence but it is against over confidence. At 1st Corinth 10:12,13 which says in parts “Let him that thinks he is standing beware that he does not fall.” ,Apostle Paul was warning against over confidence which has elements related to pride. So it is good to be self confident but it should be to a proper degree so that it does not become overconfidence.
God is against self-confidence.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Seek After The Kingdom Of God / Those Saying Pastors Are Stealing Risk God’s Wrath— Oyedepo / Your Righteous Has To Exceed What Is Expected Of Old Isreal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.