Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,951 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution (21921 Views)

Nigerians Praise Buhari And Osinbajo For Infrastructural Revolution / Infrastructural Revolution Of Akeredolu In Ondo State / Infrastructural Revolution In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by anonimi: 6:01am On Sep 27, 2020
bbomm:
One day we will get there

Get there through pothole filled roads and open gutters that are not cleared regularly thereby leading to flooding annually

yetunde01:
This is a place in Lagos, Jimoh-Akowonjo, 30mins rain and everywhere is flooded. Where is the Government?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2154839_2015021814_36_30_jpeg1f8cb0427539980f7cdbe6e916f5718d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2154841_2015021816_08_56_jpeg97f7b064be0a929ff6c1280eeb5eeec0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2154842_2015021816_08_01_jpegf86c77effcd4db5667ce76080925f948

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by winterfell007(m): 6:04am On Sep 27, 2020
BreconHills:

Instead of using "some" use "...very very few"

I'm igbo. I don't hate Lagos or its inhabitants. It's a natural home for commerce to all Nigerians, why should we hate it??

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by anonimi: 6:07am On Sep 27, 2020

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by anonimi: 6:15am On Sep 27, 2020
lexy2014:
Is this how d whole of Lagos looks like? I can see airport road, abule-egba flyover, ajah flyover, lekki bridge, oniru & tollgate (not sure were that is). U even put CMS as "infrastructural revolution". What about other parts of Lagos?

Most parts ( > 80%) is a terrible hellhole.
Even the posh areas on the island are eyesores that don’t nearly compare to a lower middle class area of the places where the looters leaders of Lagos schooled abroad.

MathsChic:
Some days ago, I was at a secondary school in Surulere (across the bridge from the Island) in Lagos for a friend's event where he is educating secondary students about the perils of peer pressure. I honestly wasn't expecting what I saw as the state of this secondary school.
It left me wondering if this was a school or a dump yard. Why in heaven's name are Nigerian leaders looking the other way while the young ones study in this sorry environment?

The attached pictures are what I saw. This is no secondary school. It's a hopeless shanty. I hope this gets to front page and attracts the necessary attention.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124804_20151126164323_jpeg933998a57f8c28234ccaa665d2fefc46

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3124836_20151126163829_jpeg3798e0f98a572b323f9b9ab93cf4eb74

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2412996_fashola2000schoolsspeech_jpeg6b557f0f99a4c9db2ca62ab885b15f0a

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by getinspired01(m): 6:19am On Sep 27, 2020
Inspiration is a factor in your quest for success. When you get inspiration from someone, you get new ideas from him, which makes you enthusiastic and encourage you do something positive.
Join us today at (DYF) as we bring to you every morning the word of inspiration.
Join here ���

https://www.nairaland.com/6141659/early-morning-inspiration-dosage
Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Adeedris(m): 6:20am On Sep 27, 2020
loneprof:
Propaganda... These pictures aren't reflective of the true state of Lagos. Lagos has become the dirtiest and most polluted state in Nigeria.
All these roads are always dirty and traffic-ridden.

Why don't you show pictures of agberos and danfo drivers fighting on the road or keke napap with bumper guards scratching cars on the daily... Show us the drainages blocked with dirt with no LAWMA staff clearing them for months... Flooding nko?

Show us Ikotun, Iyana Ipaja, Ikeja Along, Agege, Mushin, etc. They represent 80% of the real Lagos!

In essence, your saying that all the dirt on these road were removed with Photoshop?
Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Tecord1(m): 6:21am On Sep 27, 2020
codemaniacs:

because they are not in control of lagos.

its one of the reasons they started a civil war to try and take control of all the regions in Nigeria even though they were doing okay in their own region...

its also the behavior some humans have towards others they feel are doing better than them
i laugh when i see quotes of this nature. A simple google about Nigeria civil war should enlighten you. Well i blame the government for removing history from our school curriculum. Get the right information before coming out to dish out false info.

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by vioment: 6:22am On Sep 27, 2020
We should continue to embrace a sanitized environment.

Now we have to step it up again.

We have to implement Anti dust measures and painting of our curbs into our habits.
Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by codemaniacs: 6:28am On Sep 27, 2020
Tecord1:
i laugh when i see quotes of this nature. A simple google about Nigeria civil war should enlighten you. Well i blame the government for removing history from our school curriculum. Get the right information before coming out to dish out false info.

I laugh when I see comments like yours telling people that "A simple google about Nigeria civil war should enlighten you"...

If you truly had knowledge and information about the civil war then please fee free to debunk my quotes with facts or your version of "the right information"...
Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Goahead(m): 6:28am On Sep 27, 2020
Lagos is a very big slum entirely.
Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Ijaycool(f): 6:31am On Sep 27, 2020
Daddysidhan:
Why do some igbos hate Lagos.

I doubt they do. If you are honest with yourself, you will know that Igbos own a lot of properties and businesses in Lagos
Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by colossus91(m): 6:34am On Sep 27, 2020
And none of the projects can be attributed to snow olu....aka pontus pilate

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Ajibel(m): 6:42am On Sep 27, 2020
Luckydubby7:
He is saying nothing but d truth.
Snapping few places in lagos island and be deceiving those that are not Living in Lagos.

Isn't this the same way people from other state do theirs? Don't they snap the good places and leave their toys behind.

If you want to market a place, what will you do? Snap the bad places, and to what end? Use your sense sir, please!
Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48am On Sep 27, 2020
Dear Rosskii,
Which bridge in Lagos is this please?

Farki:

Along airport road.
Alright, Thank you Mr Farki.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by martineverest(m): 6:50am On Sep 27, 2020
stop overhyping Lagos....Lagos is a shanty compared to other African cities

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by odinga1of: 6:51am On Sep 27, 2020
MVLOX:
In Delta state we have Okowa is the road master aka Okowa is working..... lol

Oga don't blame Okowa, try and reason Gov. Uduaghan small.
Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Calabar1stSon: 6:53am On Sep 27, 2020
Every states in Nigeria has just that one beautiful area you could always boast of!

Everytime WE make it seem like Nigeria is developed, they(politicians) feel like they've done too much - And in reality we indirectly encourage them to loot even more!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 27, 2020
I like that
Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by redroom: 6:59am On Sep 27, 2020
Hambivert:
Call it overhyped or overrated... Lagos sparogatively, is on its own category in Nigeria.

Dividends of having working governors unlike Abia state angry

If there are 20 slums and ghettos in Lagos as obviously there are, just Know that your state would definitely have more. Not that I'm Yoruba or whatever, to be supporting Lasgidi , I'm just a standardt guy that speaks the standardt truth from a rational point. I no evn dey Lag now, but I miss Lag already.

And has the lowest sustainability index

Earnings cant match up its recurrent expenditure and loan repayment

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Ezmans: 7:00am On Sep 27, 2020
loneprof:
Propaganda... These pictures aren't reflective of the true state of Lagos. Lagos has become the dirtiest and most polluted state in Nigeria.

Why don't you show pictures of agberos and danfo drivers fighting on the road or keke napap with bumper guards scratching cars on the daily... Show us the drainages blocked with dirt with no LAWMA staff clearing them for months... Flooding nko?

Show us Ikotun, Iyana Ipaja, Ikeja Along, Agege, Mushin, etc. They represent 80% of the real Lagos!
let them show us mile 2, iyanoba, badagry, ketu mile 12, ikorodu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by BreconHills(m): 7:02am On Sep 27, 2020
winterfell007:

I'm igbo. I don't hate Lagos or its inhabitants. It's a natural home for commerce to all Nigerians, why should we hate it??

Thank you. Wonderful sentiments. God bless you .
Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Omooba77: 7:02am On Sep 27, 2020
loneprof:

Let them include Sangotedo to Epe too!

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Obamaofusa: 7:05am On Sep 27, 2020
lexy2014:

Is this how d whole of Lagos looks like? I can see airport road, abule-egba flyover, ajah flyover, lekki bridge, oniru & tollgate (not sure were that is). U even put CMS as "infrastructural revolution". What about other parts of Lagos?
Yes

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Burruchaga71(m): 7:06am On Sep 27, 2020
Daddysidhan:
Why do some igbos hate Lagos.
Because majority of Igbos are in overseas, and they have seen developments... Lagos is a slum

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Obamaofusa: 7:08am On Sep 27, 2020
Omooba77:

Let them include Sangotedo to Epe too!
Lagos is beautiful
Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Burruchaga71(m): 7:10am On Sep 27, 2020
Guyman02:
Ebonyi which is one of the states with the least allocation has done much better than Lagos with so much money at its disposal. Lagos is a disappoint, most countries in Africa don't get half of Lagos revenue and they have better infrastructure.
Now somebody will want us to believe that Tinubu was the best governor in Nigeria during his time forgetting that he never achieved a quarter of what Jakande did in one term in Lagos.
I am not impressed angry
. Visit Durban South Africa you go bow

2 Likes

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Obamaofusa: 7:10am On Sep 27, 2020
Burruchaga71:
Because majority of Igbos are in overseas, and they have seen developments... Lagos is a slum
How many Igbos are overseas compared to Yorubas and why is Igboland backward?

5 Likes

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by Okuda(m): 7:12am On Sep 27, 2020
bbomm:
One day we will get there

weare not getting anywhere. they should go and finish lagos badagry they hve been working on for the last 10years. plus na infrastructure we go chop? what about standard of living/quality of life? abi younever hear say the useless city dey populated?
Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by anonimi: 7:15am On Sep 27, 2020
futmxconnectn:
Dividends of democracy. We are not expecting the politicians to give us money but give us basic things of life..

Basic things like water, education, healthcare, sanitation etc?
Or what can be more basic than these

alphonsojaybaz:
While seeking the residents understanding and patience, the corporation assured that all hands are on deck to ensure the provision of potable water supply to every home in the state, adding that it is poised to augment the state government drive of positioning the state in the forefront in terms of provision of basic amenities to its people.

Since 1999, how has water supply improved in the entire Lagos state?
How many hectolitres/day more provided?
What percentage coverage increase occurred in the 21 years?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2147911_cymera20150222114530_jpegbb7cc5a3cc7ccee7c2b50b7bb8f36287

ZombieNation:
The canker worm Tinubu was the first governor to turn state house of assemblies to rubber stamps.
The Lagos state national assembly passed a pension bill for elected officials which included Tinubu.
Under the bill, Lagos is saddled with maintaining Tinubu for the rest of his life on the prevailing full salary a sitting governor is entitled to.
The pension bill for Tinubu also includes choice properties bought and paid for by the state in Abuja, Lagos and abroad.
Tinubu also has the choice of 5 executive cars to be replaced every 5yrs.
Recall also that Tinubu is on record to be the only elected governor in the history of modern democracy to have had 4 deputies in 8yrs!
The man is a rotten egg who spear headed corruption in Nigeria to new levels and the financial bankruptcy of acn states under his leprosy grip is evidence of his systematic kleptomaniac.

Thief

http://www.bribenigeria.com/nigerian-corruption-a-higher-level-tinubus-massive-looting-of-lagos-uncovered/

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/178114-tinubu-is-corruption-personified-nigerian-minister.html

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/corruption-tinubu-is-worse-than-ibori-pdpurge-tinubu-to-disclose-source-of-wealth/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8362681_fbimg1545411727354_jpegee3090bce26c7088d0f17dc67fd5e704

1 Like

Re: The Lagos Infrastructural Revolution by RuddyFusion(m): 7:16am On Sep 27, 2020
Repainting of roads mostly done by Ambode is that the infrastructural development?

Lagos will go far with a purposeful and agburus free leadership

For now Lagos is still far behind stuck in the thugery of thiefnibu reigns

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Signs Mou On Warri-abuja Rail Project..picture. / Aisha Buhari’s Long Absence Not Due To Infighting In Aso Villa – Presidency / Adesoji Akanbi: If Tinubu Leaves APC, Then The Party Will Go With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.