Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: (3164 Views)

Patience Jonathan With Some Nigerians In Dubai (Photo) / “I Am Too Disciplined To Stoop So Low” – Orubebe Denies Plotting To Kidnap Jega / See What Some Nigerians Are Claiming They Saw After Buhari Was Announced Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by cindelite: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2011
its incredible whats happening to nigerians these days especially us the younger generations. i was on youtube earlier today to watch VIP's away video and what i witnessed on there got me finking and led to me deciding to educate a few people thru media such as this. why do some nigerians go on youtube arguing with ghanaians about who's music, movie, comedy, country is better, its so sad because even d most stupid and dumbest person in d world knows that der's no competition there because the ghanaians are disadvantaged in all ramifications. i'll give u lot some points with reasons and references.

Music
the nigerian music industry is the biggest in africa. it used to be south africa but right now we are the bigest on the continent and before some people start comin on here saying stuff like we don't have a music indutry pls go search and find out out the definition of a music indutry before u start talking. our music has got to a point wer musicians from other african countries don't feel like they big until they conquer naija which is difficult for them whereas a nigerian musician can release a song in nigeria and bang, its a hit all over the continent and the diaspora. my point is we've got to point wer musicians from countries like ghana have to sing the nigerian way inorder to fee like they have arrived or even get airplay outside their countries. a big example was america and britain in the 80's wer the british artist started singing the american way inorder to be big n its still kinda like dat till now and there's no question who has the biggest music industry. so plz we shud stp arguing on youtube because der's no competition no nigerian artist feel the need to sing like a ghanaian to become big whereas ghanain artist like VIP, R2bees, 4x4 n even sarkodie recently have got that naija flavour in their songs and to be honest there's nothing wrng wiv it, it just shows that they recognise where the market is and are smart enuff to do dat so ma point is if they can see that, why cant those nigerians on youtube see that.

Movies
this is an intesresting one because nigerians are doing a great job allowing the ghanaians into their undustry, what america did to the UK is exactly what nigerians are doin to the ghanains. when america wanted to take over the world in the movie department, its opend up its oscars to become international giving a few to the british people and making them feel like they have a chance in the american industry whereas the americans wer making all the money using british actors to sell in britain subsequently taking over europe and we all know conquering africa was too hard for them. after they have conquered, the number of british actors in their industry reduced significantly to the extent that they use more australians and other nationalities than the british. thats exactly what the nigerians are doing. We using the AMAA awards to draw the ghanains closer, giving people like jackie apian awards when ini edo or omotola who are bigger actresses havnt got 1 and did u see how the award was celebrated in ghana? even their president hosted a dinner for them because of that, can u imagine even a governor in nigerian hosting an actress because of AMAA no, even the actors dont get that excited becos they know its their birth right and will always belong to them just like the americans own the oscars no matter how global they make it, thats exactly my point, we are allowing them in nollywood to make dem feel like they got a chance and mark ma words 3 to 5 yrs from now you'll see more kenyans and south africans in the nigerian movie industry, by that time you'll wonder wer the ghanain actors who u fort wer gna take over the nigerian movie industry went and all their indigenous directors will move to lagos making money for the naija industry by then naija wudve called nollywood an african industry wen we all know its ours just like the americans did with the rest of the world.

I'm gna stop at this point but ur comments are welcomed for nw and i hope this gives you guys something to ponder on, will be back with Comedy and Politics

bless
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by hollandis(f): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2011
Who told you Nigeria movies are better than ghanas?That's the goof of the day.I cringe when I listen to nigeria movies,ghanians movies are so reallll,I was in your shoes few years ago,I laffed at ghanian movies but critics like me caused their local movie directors and story writers to add a finesse to it,what do we have today?a competitive movie industry

Songs-I give you that,Nigerians are still the best,infact second to none

If you are ready to go into politics and economic comparison ,I am game!
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by cindelite: 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2011
see thats the problem i have with people not reading things properly. i never said nigerian movies are better than ghanaian's, all i said was the strategy being used by the nigerians is whats gonna elevate their movie industry. however, i did say the nigerian movie industry have a bigger market, pool of talent, better distribution and recognition than the ghanaian movie industry therefore there's no competition whatsoever. ghanaians can talk now, infact they are allowed to say as much as they like thats exactly what i told my mates here in the uk but when we get it right which i estimate will be in 3 -5 yrs from now, then it'll be just like wats happening with america and britain.

The fing about us nigerians is that it takes us time to get things right but when we get it right however, we push beyond all boundaries examples abound such as the music industry, telecommunications, etc. but like i said earlier we are on the track with the movie industry, just watch dis space,

And i'll just add more fing, plz dnt compare nigeria with ghana there's just no comparison there,
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by cindelite: 11:31pm On Mar 01, 2011
Comedy
Again no competetion here at all. The only country in africa with a comedy industry that can rival that of 9ja is SA. other countries such as ghana have nothing like a comedy industry, infact all comedy shows in ghana for the past 5 yrs or so have had atleat 80% of its performers coming from nigeria with one or two young ones from ghana who without any bias are not up to the standard of the nigerians atleast for now. nigerian comedians are making in roads into other african countries such SA, kenya, Salone, Zambia etc with ease and with high regard aswell same cannot be said about other african countries.  These facts are what i want our people to know before engaging in pointless arguing with ghanaians on internet because again there's no competition.

ECONOMY
There's no point adding anything to the ECONOMY here but am gna leave u guys with this info which will cover everything: This is from the CIA world Fact Book, and trust me as a student studying politics, this one of the most recognised and respected political and economical information site in the world. when you visit it, u'll see for urself.

NIgeria's GDP as at 2010 was $370 billion and that made us 3rd in africa behind SA and egypt (we shud take over from eqypt by 2013) and 32nd in the world with our GDP per capital at $2400 (population over 150 million), economic growth close to 7% last year alone

link
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html

Ghana's for those interested is $38 billion, which makes dem 99th in the world with GDP per capital stil way lower than nigeria's at $1,600, and economic growth of 4.7%

link
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gh.html

so you see, there's no competition i have to zab now but the politics section will come up soon.
bless
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:33pm On Mar 01, 2011
Why are you obsessed with Ghana?

undecided

How does claiming to be better than Ghana make your own country better?
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by cindelite: 11:38pm On Mar 01, 2011
i
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by cindelite: 11:39pm On Mar 01, 2011
d
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:40pm On Mar 01, 2011
cindelite:

dumbass, do i like look like someone obsessed with ghana to u, read my first paragraph and you will see the people am referring to there, dnt knw hw people like u get access to computer its sad reli,

Uh, I read your entire first post.

And then the next one.

And then the next one after that.

And my question still stands.

cindelite:
because even d most silly and dumbest person in d world knows that der's no competition there because the ghanaians are disadvantaged in all ramifications. i'll give u lot some points with reasons and references.

Why take your time to do all that if you're not obsessed? What good does it do? Your village is probably still a sh1thole.

Just sayin'. undecided
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by phantom(m): 11:50pm On Mar 01, 2011
lol physics,let the dude feel good pls
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2011
lol, fine. I'll leave this thread alone, but it seems like it's just going to start another one of those Ghana-Nigeria internet wars.
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by cindelite: 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2011
aktly neva been to ma village and dnt knw wat it luks like bt am sure urz is beta by miles and for ur info am educating ma own ppl go do same 4 the ones in ur village aswell seeing as its top notch.

not gna get dragged into ur argument, i bet u spend ur whole day on NL lukin for ppl 2 argue with ryt i mean u spend ur time reading ma first, second, and third post and logically in ur dumb head all u read was dis guys hates ghana, its sad reli, if ur nigerian u need re-education cos most nigerians dat i knw reason logically not like a cow, nt gna reply u nemore neways like i sed onli gna reply ppl with constructive and logical reasoning nt ppl like u douchbag,
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:01am On Mar 02, 2011
cindelite:

aktly neva been to ma village and dnt knw wat it luks like bt am sure urz is beta by miles and for your info am educating ma own ppl go do same 4 the ones in your village aswell seeing as its top notch.

not gna get dragged into your argument, i bet u spend your whole day on NL lukin for ppl 2 argue with ryt i mean u spend your time reading ma first, second, and third post and logically in your dumb head all u read was dis guys hates ghana, its sad reli, if your nigerian u need re-education cos most nigerians dat i knw reason logically not like a cow, nt gna reply u nemore neways like i sed onli gna reply ppl with constructive and logical reasoning nt ppl like u douchbag,

In English?

And this one claims to be educating people. grin grin
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by phantom(m): 12:06am On Mar 02, 2011
@poster seein as youve never been to your village and seem to depend on the web for knowledge about your country,do you honestly think we should take you seriously?
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by Sagamite(m): 12:42am On Mar 02, 2011
cindelite:

Comedy
Again no competetion here at all. The only country in africa with a comedy industry that can rival that of 9ja is SA. other countries such as ghana have nothing like a comedy industry, infact all comedy shows in ghana for the past 5 yrs or so have had atleat 80% of its performers coming from nigeria with one or two young ones from ghana who without any bias are not up to the standard of the nigerians atleast for now. nigerian comedians are making in roads into other african countries such SA, kenya, Salone, Zambia etc with ease and with high regard aswell same cannot be said about other african countries.  These facts are what i want our people to know before engaging in pointless arguing with ghanaians on internet because again there's no competition.

ECONOMY
There's no point adding anything to the ECONOMY here but am gna leave u guys with this info which will cover everything: This is from the CIA world Fact Book, and trust me as a student studying politics, this one of the most recognised and respected political and economical information site in the world. when you visit it, u'll see for urself.

NIgeria's GDP as at 2010 was $370 billion and that made us 3rd in africa behind SA and egypt (we shud take over from eqypt by 2013) and 32nd in the world with our GDP per capital at $2400 (population over 150 million), economic growth close to 7% last year alone

link
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html

Ghana's for those interested is $38 billion, which makes dem 99th in the world with GDP per capital stil way lower than nigeria's at $1,600, and economic growth of 4.7%

link
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gh.html

so you see, there's no competition i have to zab now but the politics section will come up soon.
bless

What clunking rubbish!

GDP per capital my arse!

80% of Nigeria's wealth is owned by 1% of the nation.

There is no power, there are feul scarcity, lack of security and horrible infrastrucure.

Ghana I bet beats all that, even if not adequate or a top country.

An average person is more likely to have an easier life in Ghana than Nigeria, yet you are boasting over figures.
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by hollandis(f): 1:01am On Mar 02, 2011
Practically life in ghana is far better than nigeria.By interpretation it means if your earn the same kind of income your earn in nigeria,in ghana,you will be richer.Things are not just going right and THIS IS NOT A PASSING STAGE,things r not getting better
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by shotster50(m): 1:35am On Mar 02, 2011
@ OP
A guy with your IQ should have a low voice too!
Re: Nigeria And Ghana! Why Do Some Nigerians Stoop So Low: by bkbabe97y(m): 3:53am On Mar 02, 2011
hollandis:

If you are ready to go into politics and economic comparison ,I am game!

If ure that confident you can bring this topic, and your OVER-INFLATED EGO, over to the another thread in the Politics Section.

Guess, which one u wont be leaving with at the end of the discussion. . . . .

pssst. . . . its[b] NOT[/b] the "Topic"!

(1) (Reply)

World Record Breaker:Bola Adebisi Caught In US Airport With Swallowed 100 Pellet / Just In: Bomb Blast In NYSC Camp Bauchi ? / Dear Mr. Oluwaseun Osewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.