Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

His Outrageous Wife - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / His Outrageous Wife (451 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

His Outrageous Wife by Sommypan(m): 7:43am On Sep 27, 2020
Destiny, for Nelson, was what you wanted it to be. You either had what it took to go to the next level, or you didn’t. Wasn’t there a saying about that… “we choose our own destinies…” So, as he drove into the new building he had just erected for his folks, he beamed smiles. He had achieved his destiny. It now remained the announcement he was to make. He pulled into the custom-made garage with motion sensors and air-conditioning, and parked his latest Mercedes-Benz, and stepped into his magnificent edifice.

As he went past the sliding door into the huge and tastefully furnished living room, his thoughts sauntered towards what he was about to tell his mother. For eight months, he had been ruminating on the best way to let her know; but in the end, it all boiled down to sitting down with her and letting her know that he had finally decided to get married. At age twenty-five. Quite a feat.

“You’re what?” his mother, a strict disciplinarian, questioned minutes later when he informed her about his intentions. She was a retired teacher who had certain unshakable principles, one of them concerning marriage.

“Yes, mother, I’m getting married,” Nelson calmly. He had anticipated this outburst from her, so was well-prepared for her.

“Whatever happened to getting your Masters Degree and getting married at thirty!” she exclaimed, flailing her hands in the air. Nelson was unperturbed; mother was always a dramatic person.

“Mother, I know I promised you that I would get my Masters before settling down, but I have found love. For the first time in my life, mom, I have found the woman of my dreams! I don’t want to lose her, that’s why I’m marrying her. Then, I’ll go back to school.”

“And you think it’s easy as you say? You think you would have the time, or be in the right frame of mind for education?” she queried, her face a mask of sarcasm.

“Well… of course. I have discussed it with her and she’s in total support. She’s not like all these Nigerian girls,” Nelson said remembering his last discussion with Sam.

“ ‘All these Nigerian—’ wait, isn’t she Nigerian?"

Read more ➡️ https://www.thezenpens.com/2018/12/29/his-outrageous-wife-a-short-story-by-somtoochukwu-benedict-ezioha/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2011 - 2021 (10 YEARS) PAST QUESTION FOR NCEE - STATE - COMMAND & MODEL COLLEGES / Submit Your Articles To Afrotribes Magazine / Manuscript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.