Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,811 members, 7,806,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today (14559 Views)

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by NaijaBoy213(m): 8:12am On Sep 27, 2020
Why are you not in church today?
Give us a tangible reason.

Mine: seriously, I Don't Have Offering.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 27, 2020
Just disinterest

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 27, 2020
No longer a Christian.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Uyi168: 8:33am On Sep 27, 2020
Just got back from church after a very long while..
Over 50 songs were sang and I didn't even know any of them.. embarassed

Can't believe I've been so left behind.. cry

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Imperare(f): 8:47am On Sep 27, 2020

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 27, 2020
Uyi168:

grin grin cheesy. Omo ur case legit.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by NaijaBoy213(m): 8:58am On Sep 27, 2020
Uyi168:

na only angel Gabriel and Michael fit settle dis one.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by NaijaBoy213(m): 8:59am On Sep 27, 2020
danyero:
No longer a Christian.
why shocked

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by CAPSLOCKED: 9:00am On Sep 27, 2020
I HAVE OTHER BETTER WAYS TO WASTE MY TIME.

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by NaijaBoy213(m): 9:06am On Sep 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
I HAVE OTHER BETTER WAYS TO WASTE MY TIME.
devil's advocate spotted grin

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 27, 2020
NaijaBoy213:
why shocked
I examined my belief and realized it does not hold up to reality. I was a Christian because I was born into it, I could easily have been born Muslim or Hindu or to one of the many other religions.

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2020
I haven't yet found the kind of church in the book of Acts yet.

I'm still searching... Maybe one day because that my kind of church, my kind of mindset, my kind of commitment, my kind of focus, my kind of Word which is the Words Of Jesus!

I hope to find one soon, if I don't find one, it means I might have to start one.

But in the meantime, I'd keep preaching the Words of Jesus and i'm doing great because God's with me so I don't need to be in church building to feel His presence.

God bless.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by DenreleDave(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2020
I kuku dey church now....

May God forgive me....

Even if I no get offering, I will and must go to church.

Days of no offering no church is over in my life

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by starbuck(f): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2020
I really need deliverance from this cry cry cry cry
Mine is just stack laziness upon i always make sure my kids doesn't miss church activities or am I tolling the footsteps of my dad embarassed embarassed embarassed

But in all, I really do thank God for his grace upon my life

24 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by frubben(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2020
Cos am tired of hearing one one thing for over 26 years a d network is usually fast on Sundays

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by nony43(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2020
Yesterday's wedding exhausted me

5 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by salbis(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2020
I dey work....

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Voks500: 9:48am On Sep 27, 2020
grin
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 27, 2020
ME IM BUSY SMOKING WEED HERE

TILL NEXT SUNDAY

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by RapistOnBail: 9:49am On Sep 27, 2020
sad

I can’t keep serving an imaginary idol who brings chaos to both living and non living things.

My eyes don open.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by tobechi74: 9:49am On Sep 27, 2020
I go to church in my heart

ere are people who prefer to buy ready made cloth and there are those who prefer to buy the material and see it according to their size. First they measure themselves using a meter rule then they cut off some pieces of material from the one bought in the market.

As we grow older, our body size increases. We need bigger tops. We do not keep forcing the smaller clothes on ourself. We will either feel uncomfortable or the cloth will get torn. We simply discard it or give it to our younger one and go get another cloth that fits us.

Unfortunately ,we do not adapt the same concept to our belief. As a kid, we are told what to believe,vwe do not choose them because we are too young to make decision. As we grow older, we begin to outgrow our religion. Certain belief no longer appeal to us . We have more questions than answer. We are told to rely on faith. This is the way the religion want to tie is down to it . Like a teacher who loves his student so much he does not want her to get promoted. He threatened his student with punnishnent to prevent his moving to next level. Such love cannot be in the best interest of the child. Religion threaten it’d adherent with hell to keep them glued together.

This is a sign that we need to try another cloth.we do not owe our religion any form of loyalty. We need to let go in search of better belief. Stagnant water attracts mosquitoes. One who stays so long in one belief would have a retarded manner of thinking.

We can go to the library or internet and read alternative religion practice.we can choose one that suits us and explore.Trying a new religion is a faster way for behavioral Change.

Every new religion sprung up from a founder who was not comfortable with existing religion of his time. Bobby Henderson invented pasterfaranism. Buddhism broke out as a social protest against Hinduism caste system. Jesus deviated from Judaism. Each religion was created out of dissatisfaction wilh existing status quo.

Each of the founder created a religion that fit their personalities. As long as you know yourself, you can create your religion that suit whom you are. The involve eradicating the part of the beliefs that do not appeal to your values., authentic self.Jesus valued forgiveness ahead of revenge. Love became his central theme. Buddha focused on how to stop world suffering . Detachment was his answer .

Each one of us can focus on any part of the world and try to make it better .we must not go about preaching our new religion to others . Living it in our daily activities is Paramount. As long as we keep wearing the garment of another founder, we will not be truely comfortable.we remain inauthentic. What fits A cannot fit B. This leads to hypocrisy

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/17/customising-your-own-religion/

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 27, 2020
People wey go church yesterday, where dem dey today?

Abegi

[img]https://media1./images/3567bb6a821629cceef326f3f884ade0/tenor.gif?itemid=15959266[/img]

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by EyezofGod120: 9:49am On Sep 27, 2020
angry one babe dey find me come by 11

19 Likes 2 Shares

Because going to church is not in my religion or doctrine.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by SoftP(m): 9:49am On Sep 27, 2020
Pinye12:
No money�
BanjiRaymond:
I'm drinking alcohol
nanizle:

This is what most people don't seem to understand.
mmsen:

Everything wrong with religion, right here.

It's ALL about squeezing people for their money at the expense of the population.
nijabazaar:
Let's add to the tht the fact that the "bottom of the ocean" is actually just where whales reach. But there is a gas coverage and under that there is a whole new ecosystem with giants
And the fact that the CIA confirmed manifestation and other realities and portals exist...
Shancca:

Very sick plus I slept late too.
nini007:
Not tangible
Dreamliner787:
I no geh money cry
Cashsteady:
I dey hustle
MisterGrace:
I don't feel like.

Too many hypocrites in the church.

Too many corrupt pastors and politicians in the church.

The only girl I ever loved in my life was snatched by a pastor who was supposed to be our counselor.

Too many wicked people in the church maltreating their house help or their husband relations.

I no dey do again.

Anything church just dey vex me.

I am a Christian, but I no dey eye service poo.

In olukoya’s voice-
Set of persons who need deliverance from demonic manipulation

22 Likes 1 Share

Watching BBN

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Abalado(f): 9:49am On Sep 27, 2020
Bcs am going for Amotekun training,it starting today in Ekiti

7 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by MisterGrace: 9:50am On Sep 27, 2020
I don't feel like.

Too many hypocrites in the church.

Too many corrupt pastors and politicians in the church.

The only girl I ever loved in my life was snatched by a pastor who was supposed to be our counselor.

Too many wicked people in the church maltreating their house help or their husband relations.

I no dey do again.

Anything church just dey vex me.

I am a Christian, but I no dey eye service poo.

59 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Six Important Ways To Love Your Neighbor As Yourself / OPM's Apostle Chibuzo Gives Woman, Free Housing, Cash, Scholarship For Kids / Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.