Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,367 members, 7,781,000 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:16 AM

General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space (6878 Views)

Enugu Student Wins INCEED And SPACE Global Award 2020 / Introduction To Astronomy: Crash Course Astronomy #1 / Oort Astronomy Scholarships For International Students At Leiden University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by Spy360(m): 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2020
The Milky Way Galaxy

A galaxy is a collection of stars. When we look up at night in a clear sky, it's not only stars we see. Some of those shining objects are actually galaxies, far away.

The sun is our nearest star and it belongs to a galaxy called the Milky Way (some of these naming sometimes baffle me, as to why it has to be milky,... smiley )

Our galaxy has a diameter of over 100,000 light years. That is it will take about 100k years to travel across if you are moving at the speed of light! To put this into context, it takes less than a second to move round the earth at that speed undecided

So all of the stars we see at night belongs to our galaxy. The nearest other galaxy to us is the Andromeda galaxy. Observation show that this galaxy is actually spinning towards us, and in about some million years time they will collide... Sadly we won't be here to observe the show tongue

The Milky Way contains over a billion stars, each about the size of the sun. It takes about 81,000years to reach the sun, which at current rocket speeds will take more than a lifetime to accomplish, it will take over 4light years to reach the nearest star, which is about 23times the distance from earth to the sun. shocked

So those of you dreaming to be a star you now know what it takes... grin

Stay tuned. And feel free to make corrections if any.

cc: Beauty7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by Najdorf: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2020
98% of flat earthers have never studied Physics. Prove me wrong if i'm not correct.

1 Like

Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by beauty7: 9:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
Spy360:
The Milky Way Galaxy

A galaxy is a collection of stars. When we look up at night in a clear sky, it's not only stars we see. Some of those shining objects are actually galaxies, far away.

The sun is our nearest star and it belongs to a galaxy called the Milky Way (some of these naming sometimes baffle me, as to why it has to be milky,... smiley )

Our galaxy has a diameter of over 100,000 light years. That is it will take about 100k years to travel across if you are moving at the speed of light! To put this into context, it takes less than a second to move round the earth at that speed undecided

So all of the stars we see at night belongs to our galaxy. The nearest other galaxy to us is the Andromeda galaxy. Observation show that this galaxy is actually spinning towards us, and in about some million years time they will collide... Sadly we won't be here to observe the show tongue

The Milky Way contains over a billion stars, each about the size of the sun. It takes about 81,000years to reach the sun, which at current rocket speeds will take more than a lifetime to accomplish, it will take over 4light years to reach the nearest star, which is about 23times the distance from earth to the sun. shocked

What a wonderful post.

I have learnt a lot reading this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:08pm On Oct 04, 2020
gensteejay:
This guy is a classic example of what studying science through religious dogma (the Bible in this case) does to the brain.

Science is meant to be studied through nature, not through any religious text.

Flat-earth hypothesis is an old issue that can be traced back to some thousands of years in the past, and it has since been debunked by advances made in classical physics a couple of centuries ago.

From the ancient period (during the dark ages of science) when flat-earth hypothesis was prevalent up to this moment, no single application or tech has been built on this ludicrous hypothesis.

There are myriads of applications and technologies built on the concepts of heliocentric model, spherical shape of the earth and related principles.

You can't find any top or brilliant scientist supporting the archaic flat-earth hypothesis and geocentric model.

Only those with poor knowledge of science and deep distrust for science support such a silly hypothesis.

Yet, there's no single publication about flat-hypothesis (that details experiments and evidence in support of the hypothesis) in a top journal.

Also, there's no single application of and tech built on the hypothesis.

Flat-earth hypothesis and geocentric model are simply tripe.
joker!! Only those who have been indoctrinated with fallacies believe the earth is a spinning ball when theirr senses does not Attest to any of it.

Let me ask you. What application and techs are modeled after the globe earth?

The danyang kushan grand bridge in. China is 102miles long with no curvature factored in During construction, Infact if the earth was a ball curving at 8inch-m^2 then it should have 6990ft of curvature but the columns of this bridge all stand parallel for a whooping 102miles which should b e impossible on. A ball earth curving 8inch-m^2.

Some of you have willingly discarded you ability to reason for pseudo science which is nothing but your own version of religious believe with blind faith.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2020
EMILO2STAY:

Let me ask you. What application and techs are modeled after the globe earth?

For you to ask this question shows you don't know jack in Physics.

Don't derail this thread with your flat-earth nonsense.

Continue spewing your tripe on your threads for flat-earthers.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2020
Najdorf:
98% of flat earthers have never studied Physics. Prove me wrong if i'm not correct.
shut up you don't know what is physics.

Physics has to do with the physical, hence dealing with things you c an see feel and touch. In. Other words it has to do with your reality, every day experience and common sense.

Can you prove gravity is a force?

Can you prove the earth is a ball?

Can you prove the earth is moving?.
Can you prove the sun is 93million. miles away or can you prove that the moons gravity causes tides.

These are unproven theories taught to us as facts when there is no single proof of them.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2020
Spy360:
The Milky Way Galaxy

useless hogwash and high sound sounding nonsense they use to mislead people.

It takes 810000 yrs to reach the sun, then how was it determined that the sun is 93million. Miles away?

How was it determine and measured that the galaxy had a diameter 100,0000yrs if it takes a100k yrs to travel across?.

Keep fooling yourselves with bogus rubbish they throw to you.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
gensteejay:

For you to ask this question shows you don't know jack in Physics.

Don't derail this thread with your flat-earth nonsense.

Continue spewing your tripe on your threads for flat-earthers.
but you know so much Jack about physics pls just mention one tech pls, You like spewing big empty words without substance. Show me you know physics pls just one. Ams yes I will derail the thread with my flat earth gospel because it makes the children of God realize the satanic lie of heliocentrism.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
That clown above is better ignored. cheesy

He will soon chop his ban as usual for derailing Nl threads.

1 Like

Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by wintersnow(m): 3:40pm On Oct 04, 2020
Y'all do realize the moon landing is fake...

1- The Moon landings were filmed in a TV studio.
2. The waving flag on the moon is another evidence to prove that the moon landing is fake, the flag is blowing in the wind, and there’s no wind on the Moon. The wind is clearly from a cooling fan inside the studio. Or it was filmed in the desert.
3. Why can't they plan another expedition to the moon again?
4. NASA claimed to have destroyed all footages relating to the moon landing

1 Like

Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 4:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
gensteejay:
That clown above is better ignored. cheesy

He will soon chop his ban as usual for derailing Nl threads.
you are the clown for stating bogus claims you can't back up with a single fact. Your a fool because you deny your reality so that you can remain in your comfortable state of illusion which the flat earth reality destroys.

Simply mention one single tech that is based on a spinning ball earth as you claimed there are many and you berserk. An evidence of your gross self induced comfort state of delusion.

I will keep exposing you any where you defend a ball earth.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by Spy360(m): 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2020
EMILO2STAY:
useless hogwash and high sound sounding nonsense they use to mislead people.

It takes 810000 yrs to reach the sun, then how was it determined that the sun is 93million. Miles away?

How was it determine and measured that the galaxy had a diameter 100,0000yrs if it takes a100k yrs to travel across?.

Keep fooling yourselves with bogus rubbish they throw to you.
Your problem is proper education. Science education in general and Quantum Physics to be specific.

These things can be MEASURED using the wavelengths of the lights that come from the stars.

Besides, the facts are not totally established as scientists are yet to discover many things about our universe. As a matter of fact less than 1% of information about the universe has been discovered.

There is a new telescope being developed, it's called the James Webb telescope. It will provide us more details about our universe.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
Spy360:

Your problem is proper education. Science education in general and Quantum Physics to be specific.

These things can be MEASURED using the wavelengths of the lights that come from the stars.

Besides, the facts are not totally established as scientists are yet to discover many things about our universe. As a matter of fact less than 1% of information about the universe has been discovered.

There is a new telescope being developed, it's called the James Webb telescope. It will provide us more details about our universe.
wow so I am not properly educated and yet you still admit that the facts are not totally established, are you not saying the same thing as my not properly educated self is saying?. You see you confusion?

If you say they can be measured then how and when and who did it?. Provide the scientific proof.
What method of measurement was used to determine that the sun is 93million. Miles away?

There is not telescope being developed its a hogwash. The so called hubble telescope cannot give us a proper image of the earth yet it can give us a high definition. Image of Jupiter but the earths picture is a photoshop as admitted buy nasa robert simons and you buy the crap. Who maintains it high up their. Have you ever heard of hubble telescope being maintained?
They tell you satellites are floating in the thermosphere an area hot enough to melt steel and you believe.

Pls provide proof of how the sun was measured and also how the 100k yrs wide galaxy was measured too.
Show me you are properly educated pls i want to be shamed i want my ignorance to be exposed.

Failure to do that you have debunked your self
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by Spy360(m): 10:34am On Oct 05, 2020
EMILO2STAY:
wow so I am not properly educated and yet you still admit that the facts are not totally established, are you not saying the same thing as my not properly educated self is saying?. You see you confusion?

If you say they can be measured then how and when and who did it?. Provide the scientific proof.
What method of measurement was used to determine that the sun is 93million. Miles away?

There is not telescope being developed its a hogwash. The so called hubble telescope cannot give us a proper image of the earth yet it can give us a high definition. Image of Jupiter but the earths picture is a photoshop as admitted buy nasa robert simons and you buy the crap. Who maintains it high up their. Have you ever heard of hubble telescope being maintained?
They tell you satellites are floating in the thermosphere an area hot enough to melt steel and you believe.

Pls provide proof of how the sun was measured and also how the 100k yrs wide galaxy was measured too.
Show me you are properly educated pls i want to be shamed i want my ignorance to be exposed.

Failure to do that you have debunked your self
Go through my post again, I have explained how distances can be measured using the property of light as a wave.

And FYI, Hubble has been worked on when it developed cracks.

Thirdly, nothing in life can be absolute, that's why I said work is still ongoing to get more Information. I cannot be bamboozled by any science without logic.

And why should I believe you instead? Let's assume I have no proof, what proofs can you prefer?
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by beauty7: 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2020
Lightning and Thunder formation:

Lightning is a naturally occurring electrostatic discharge during which two electrically charged regions in the atmosphere or ground temporarily equalize themselves, causing the instantaneous release of as much as one gigajoule of energy.

Lightning causes thunder, a sound from the shock wave which develops as gases in the vicinity of the discharge experience a sudden increase in pressure.

My own explanation:

Electric light is formed when positive and negative wires come in contact.

So is it with lightning.

When the positive part of the atmosphere and the negative part of the atmosphere come in contact and are equal to each other,then lightning will form.

Thunder is caused by the movement of lightning.

The sound of the movement of lightning through the atmosphere is called the thunder.

cc: Spy360
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by Spy360(m): 6:10am On Oct 06, 2020
beauty7:
Lightning and Thunder formation:

Lightning is a naturally occurring electrostatic discharge during which two electrically charged regions in the atmosphere or ground temporarily equalize themselves, causing the instantaneous release of as much as one gigajoule of energy.

Lightning causes thunder, a sound from the shock wave which develops as gases in the vicinity of the discharge experience a sudden increase in pressure.

My own explanation:

Electric light is formed when positive and negative wires come in contact.

So is it with lightning.

When the positive part of the atmosphere and the negative part of the atmosphere come in contact and are equal to each other,then lightning will form.

Thunder is caused by the movement of lightning.

The sound of the movement of lightning through the atmosphere is called the thunder.

cc: Spy360
You tried to break it down to the most simplest of explanations. That's brilliant.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 6:37am On Oct 06, 2020
Spy360:

Go through my post again, I have explained how distances can be measured using the property of light as a wave.

And FYI, Hubble has been worked on when it developed cracks.

Thirdly, nothing in life can be absolute, that's why I said work is still ongoing to get more Information. I cannot be bamboozled by any science without logic.

And why should I believe you instead? Let's assume I have no proof, what proofs can you prefer?
just dont reply for the sake of it. Every thing you said here is just empty rant with out substsnace

You have not explained how the distance of the sun was calculated, neither have you provided the name of who did it and when he did so.
You also did not state how the 100k yrs wide galaxy was measured.

Look I am not really asking so you can answer me because I know you cannot, but I am doing so that you can realize the folly and gullibility and absurdity of what you believe and how you have been fooled.

You have already been bamboozled by illogical science and you still think you have not been chai sorry.

There is no hubble floating in the thermosphere hot enough to melt steel and gold. I know your just hearing this for the first time.

Let me ask you why would they Photoshop images of the earth when there os hubble telescope to give us an original image of the earth?

See your just a jjc. If you want facts i can give unlike the factless things you beleive.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by osayi90: 10:47am On Oct 06, 2020
Unbelievable. After reading the topic, I thought it will be a fascinating thread. I was utterly wrong. Some flat- earthers are here engaging with serious minded people and thereby disparaging the quality of the thread. Like there are people who still believe the earth is flat? Like really? . Unbelievable!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:15pm On Oct 06, 2020
osayi90:
Unbelievable. After reading the topic, I thought it will be a fascinating thread. I was utterly wrong. Some flat- earthers are here engaging with serious minded people and thereby disparaging the quality of the thread. Like there are people who still believe the earth is flat? Like really? . Unbelievable!
like really? Does it look like you are standing sidesways while spinning at over 1000miles / hr right now?
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by div111(m): 2:40pm On Oct 06, 2020
EMILO2STAY:
like really? Does it look like you are standing sidesways while spinning at over 1000miles / hr right now?

Dude, I've followed ur comments and what you're saying makes a lotta sense!

The spherical earth looked absurd to me because I wondered how those at the bottom of the earth will be there, how the water, ships, houses etc are intact but the birds can fly, ppl can jump etc..

why tf is gravity not holding the birds and people down but it's holding the water..etc?? Does it have a mind of it's own ni?grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by osayi90: 4:36pm On Oct 06, 2020
EMILO2STAY:

Ok let me answer your question and try to convince you and anyone that reads this post. If you have taken a course in physics that explained relative motion, you would see how silly (not to offend you) your question is. Let me quickly explain, relativity says as long you are in a non-accelerated reference frame , you will be unable to tell if you are moving or not. So for example if you are in a car moving at a constant velocity of 100km/hr relative to a bystander outside the car; you can argue that it is the car that is stationary and it is the bystander moving at a velocity of 100km/hr. Physics says both you and the bystander are correct. The laws of physics is true for all observers, meaning if you throw a ball up in your car it comes back to you in the same way it does if the bystander throws the ball. Similarly, we are on the surface of an oblate spheroid known as earth (thanks to gravitational forces pulling everything on the surface to its center) and since the globe is spinning at a constant rate of 1000 miles/hr, we on the surface of the earth are also spinning at that rate from the eyes of an observer in space (outside earth). However, from our on perspective, the earth is stationary. Hence, just like Einstein will say, it makes absolutely no sense to ask for the speed of an object because the speed is diffferent for different observers. If a dog is running at 10 km/hr, and I am walking at 5km/hr and you are stationary (0 km/hr), If someone asks both of us for the speed of the dog, our response will be different but both accurate since we are in different reference frames. I will say the dog was running at 5km/hr and you will 10km/hr. Lastly, our intuition is flawed, that is why science exists. Sience is a tool which consist of several objective methods used to probe difficult questions so as to get objective answers that explains complex phenomenon in order to drive an informed democracy. Please embrace it!!!

1 Like

Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2020
osayi90:

Ok let me answer your question and try to convince you and anyone that reads this post. !!!

Lols, you don't know that guy.

Over the last few years, different members who are science-savvy have explained most of these things to him but he still continues to spam Nl threads with his flat-earth nonsense.

Left to people like him, during this pandemic, humans should fold their arms and only pray to Jehovah to send down a miraculous cure for the virus from heaven. Lols.

No need for scientific research; no need to take therapeutic or prophylactic procedures seriously.

Simply pray.

His problem is deep mistrust in science. Yet, he and his ilk have been enjoying (and continue to enjoy) inventions of scientists and engineers.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2020
osayi90:

Ok let me answer your question and try to convince you and anyone that reads this post. If you have taken a course in physics that explained relative motion, you would see how silly (not to offend you) your question is. Let me quickly explain, relativity says as long you are in a non-accelerated reference frame , you will be unable to tell if you are moving or not. So for example if you are in a car moving at a constant velocity of 100km/hr relative to a bystander outside the car; you can argue that it is the car that is stationary and it is the bystander moving at a velocity of 100km/hr. Physics says both you and the bystander are correct. The laws of physics is true for all observers, meaning if you throw a ball up in your car it comes back to you in the same way it does if the bystander throws the ball. Similarly, we are on the surface of an oblate spheroid known as earth (thanks to gravitational forces pulling everything on the surface to its center) and since the globe is spinning at a constant rate of 1000 miles/hr, we on the surface of the earth are also spinning at that rate from the eyes of an observer in space (outside earth). However, from our on perspective, the earth is stationary. Hence, just like Einstein will say, it makes absolutely no sense to ask for the speed of an object because the speed is diffferent for different observers. If a dog is running at 10 km/hr, and I am walking at 5km/hr and you are stationary (0 km/hr), If someone asks both of us for the speed of the dog, our response will be different but both accurate since we are in different reference frames. I will say the dog was running at 5km/hr and you will 10km/hr. Lastly, our intuition is flawed, that is why science exists. Sience is a tool which consist of several objective methods used to probe difficult questions so as to get objective answers that explains complex phenomenon in order to drive an informed democracy. Please embrace it!!!

wow you typed a lot, but what if i tell you that all you said was a waste will you believe me? Well I guess not but let me prove it to you.

Now you talk of relativity, well what is relativity? ; This theory postulates that movement is relative to the observer from their different point of view.

Is this true? The answer is a big no.

Einstein came up with his theory of relativity to cover up the shame of the michelson and Morley experiment which proved that the earth does not move.

How did Einstein come up with his theory? Did he go to space to detect and measure any of this? No! How did he detect the motion of the earth and what experiment did he use? The answer is that he did not conduct any experiment but just made the whole thing up from thin air.

If relativity is true then there is no way to establish which is the fact. That is to say if from the vantage point of the earth the sun moves and from the vantage point of the sun the earth moves, then how do you really know which is moving and which is not?

You see the problem?

The point here is that relativity is not physics but utter rubbish which cannot be attested to by human common sense and experience.

Since human senses can tell absolutely when the body is moving past an object and when the body is at rest then the theory of relative movement cannot be found in the real world and so therefore cannot stand as physics it is nonsense.

Have you been in a moving car before? If you have then you will definitely see objects as they past your eyed and you feel that your body is been carried along your sense tell you that you are moving and not those objects even a child knows this.

But we are said to be in a world that moves around on its axis and around the sun and the same time is been carried along with solar system cruising in the milky way at incredible speeds and we feel none of it we don't even see it in the stars. Because if we are moving on the earth then we should not be seeing the same set of stars two nights in a row, we should even be able to see the stars as they move past us , Just like if you are moving in a vehicle from Lagos to sokoto, you will not be seeing the same houses, trees and other objects as you move along from Lagos to sokoto this is common sense. You can only be seeing the same tree and houses if you are stationary.

Why do the zodiacs which are patterned after the stars remain the same? The same stars ancient sailors used to navigate the earth is the same stars people see today. Why is Polaris the north pole star still standing in The north pole? I thought science said that stars are suns of other planets then why are we not moving past this suns of other plant?

The answer is simple " WE ARE NOT MOVING". And it is evidenced in the stars and by the fact that we do not see and feel any movent. Why because it is impossible to be standing upside down and side ways on a ball moving faster than an air craft and the speed of sound.

In all the images of the earth from space you have seen can you point out any that is oblate in shape? In case you dont know it os also said that the earth os pear shaped yet you keep seeing a perfect sphere and when i tell you it is photoshopped you say it is science lol what a pity. People have thrown away their brain and become like walking zombies.

The reality you and I experience right now on earth is the flat motionless earth reality.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2020
div111:

Dude, I've followed ur comments and what you're saying makes a lotta sense!

The spherical earth looked absurd to me because I wondered how those at the bottom of the earth will be there, how the water, ships, houses etc are intact but the birds can fly, ppl can jump etc..

why tf is gravity not holding the birds and people down but it's holding the water..etc?? Does it have a mind of it's own ni?grin grin grin
we swim in a sea of lies in This world. It takes only those who reason
To come out of it.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2020
gensteejay:

Over the last few years, different members who are science-savvy have explained most of these things to him but he still continues to spam Nl threads with his flat-earth nonsense.

Left to people like him, during this pandemic, humans should fold their arms and only pray to Jehovah to send down a miraculous cure for the virus from heaven. Lols.

No need for scientific research; no need to take therapeutic or prophylactic procedures seriously.

Simply pray.

His problem is deep mistrust in science. Yet, he and his ilk have been enjoying (and continue to enjoy) inventions of scientists and engineers.
see this mumu. Am still waiting for your answer to the models and techs that were built based on The spinning ball earth.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by osayi90: 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2020
gensteejay:

Simply pray.

Unfortunately, you are correct. The guy is irredeemable.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by osayi90: 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
EMILO2STAY:
wow you typed a lot, but what if i tell you that all you said was a waste will you believe me? Well I guess not but let me prove it to you.

Now you talk of relativity, well what is relativity? ; This theory postulates that movement is relative to the observer from their different point of view.

Is this true? The answer is a big no.

Einstein came up with his theory of relativity to cover up the shame of the michelson and Morley experiment which proved that the earth does not move.

How did Einstein come up with his theory? Did he go to space to detect and measure any of this? No! How did he detect the motion of the earth and what experiment did he use? The answer is that he did not conduct any experiment but just made the whole thing up from thin air.

If relativity is true then there is no way to establish which is the fact. That is to say if from the vantage point of the earth the sun moves and from the vantage point of the sun the earth moves, then how do you really know which is moving and which is not?

You see the problem?

The point here is that relativity is not physics but utter rubbish which cannot be attested to by human common sense and experience.

Since human senses can tell absolutely when the body is moving past an object and when the body is at rest then the theory of relative movement cannot be found in the real world and so therefore cannot stand as physics it is nonsense.

Have you been in a moving car before? If you have then you will definitely see objects as they past your eyed and you feel that your body is been carried along your sense tell you that you are moving and not those objects even a child knows this.

But we are said to be in a world that moves around on its axis and around the sun and the same time is been carried along with solar system cruising in the milky way at incredible speeds and we feel none of it we don't even see it in the stars. Because if we are moving on the earth then we should not be seeing the same set of stars two nights in a row, we should even be able to see the stars as they move past us , Just like if you are moving in a vehicle from Lagos to sokoto, you will not be seeing the same houses, trees and other objects as you move along from Lagos to sokoto this is common sense. You can only be seeing the same tree and houses if you are stationary.

Why do the zodiacs which are patterned after the stars remain the same? The same stars ancient sailors used to navigate the earth is the same stars people see today. Why is Polaris the north pole star still standing in The north pole? I thought science said that stars are suns of other planets then why are we not moving past this suns of other plant?

The answer is simple " WE ARE NOT MOVING". And it is evidenced in the stars and by the fact that we do not see and feel any movent. Why because it is impossible to be standing upside down and side ways on a ball moving faster than an air craft and the speed of sound.

In all the images of the earth from space you have seen can you point out any that is oblate in shape? In case you dont know it os also said that the earth os pear shaped yet you keep seeing a perfect sphere and when i tell you it is photoshopped you say it is science lol what a pity. People have thrown away their brain and become like walking zombies.

The reality you and I experience right now on earth is the flat motionless earth reality.

Every word that you type further demonstrates that you have no iota of idea what you are talking about. SpaceX is launching satellite in space (thanks to Elon Musk), you are debating whether the earth is flat or not. I can't waste my precious time on you. It is a free world, feel free to believe in anything as long as you are not in power to make policies that will affect other people's life. My friend, go bonkers with your conspiracy theory.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
osayi90:

Every word that you type further demonstrates that you have no iota of idea what you are talking about. SpaceX is launching satellite in space (thanks to Elon Musk), you are debating whether the earth is flat or not. I can't waste my precious time on you. It is a free world, feel free to believe in anything as long as you are not in power to make policies that will affect other people's life. My friend, go bonkers with your conspiracy theory.
if I have no idea of what am talking about out then why are the stars not moving? Why do we feel and see no movement? I asked you a question that is based on facts you that you can see for yourself, which should make you reason and realize the flaws of a spinning globe and you tell me i don't have any idea of what am saying. Do you reason at all? Do you have a thinking faculty?
Is the reality you witness through your sense a conspiracy theory ? Who has bewitched you ohh foolish man!!

Elon must is launching rockets in space are you a part of that team or are you the one manning the rockets? How do you know this, because it is what they told you. The same Elon musk who mocked his own scam of putting a tesla car in space and called it fake but people like you foolishly believe him.

I give you facts. Why are the stars the same if we are moving in space, why do we not feel movement?

You think am asking so you can answer? You can't answer them because this is your reality and that alone should make you have a rethink of what you believe and begin to make your research instead you choose to act cowardly and foolish.

You say the earth is oblate then where is the photo of the oblate earth from space?

Your reply reeks of foolishness and the need to remain in ignorance and denial.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2020
osayi90:

Unfortunately, you are correct. The guy is irredeemable.
then redeem me by providing factual answer to my questions. Redeem me by show proof that the stars we see today were not seen by our ancestors. Redeem me by showing me how the earths moves when am not feeling g and seeing it.

No wise up they here they form mr science when you don't even know the difference between white and black.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by osayi90: 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
EMILO2STAY:
if I have no idea of what am talking about out then why are the stars not moving? Why do we feel and see no movement? I asked you a question that is based on facts you that you can see for yourself, which should make you reason and realize the flaws of a spinning globe and you tell me i don't have any idea of what am saying. Do you reason at all? Do you have a thinking faculty?
Is the reality you witness through your sense a conspiracy theory ? Who has bewitched you ohh foolish man!!

Elon must is launching rockets in space are you a part of that team or are you the one manning the rockets? How do you know this, because it is what they told you. The same Elon musk who mocked his own scam of putting a tesla car in space and called it fake but people like you foolishly believe him.

I give you facts. Why are the stars the same if we are moving in space, why do we not feel movement?

You think am asking so you can answer? You can't answer them because this is your reality and that alone should make you have a rethink of what you believe and begin to make your research instead you choose to act cowardly and foolish.

You say the earth is oblate then where is the photo of the oblate earth from space?

Your reply reeks of foolishness and the need to remain in ignorance and denial.

Debating with you is like playing chess with a pigeon; it knocks off the chessboard and struts away, believing it has won. Enjoy your delusional world and thank you for exposing the deepest secrets of the universe. You, my friend, are a genius!! hehehehe.
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2020
Re: General Thread For All Lovers Of Astronomy And Space by EMILO2STAY(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
osayi90:

Debating with you is like playing chess with a pigeon; it knocks off the chessboard and struts away, believing it has won. Enjoy your delusional world and thank you for exposing the deepest secrets of the universe. You, my friend, are a genius!! hehehehe.
don't be a fool and give me facts. I gave you facts your senses can attest to but you reject your own senses and pretend to be knowledgeable your deceiving your self.

I know you believe in Aliens and extra terrestrial which you see on T.V because they are programming you people for an alien messiah and that is the reason for my exposing the truth of our world which is the flat and motionless world enclosed by a dome, But you reject reality and common sense in favour of science fiction what a fool.

The bible says my people perish for lack of knowledge. Now is the time for those who have knowledge to reason and those who hate the truth to reject truth and knowledge even when placed In front of their eyes. Sorry for you pretender. You think you are doing me? You are doing yourself.

Go and watch the T.v series "Childhoods end" Their message is there, then. Read the quote of Albert pike on destroying Christianity and atheism.
I am not arguing with you am on only informing you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buy and Install Trendy Wallpaper Designs for Home Or Office / Hm / See The Meaning Of The Word 'dope' Before Using It To Describe Yourself!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.