Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

I Was Never A Muslim - An Update - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Was Never A Muslim - An Update (1500 Views)

Some Acts That Make A Muslim Forbidden To Hell / What It Really Means To Be Called A Muslim. / Is It A Must For A Muslim Wife To Wear Wedding Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Xmuslim: 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2020
So many Muslims on this thread have been accusing me of faking my previous religion status and I use to affirm my status. Little did I know that they were telling the truth albeit from different angle.

I was never a Muslim for the following reasons

1. I never chose Islam as my religion. I was born, raised and indoctrinated into Islam. I grew up and did my own research about religion and concluded that my parent religion is the correct one. Little did I know that I was bias and was looking at other religions with great skeptism - the principle which I didn't apply to Islam. I leaned about other religions from Qur'an, Hadith and Muslim scholars. So, my research was very skewed.

I can't say I was a Muslim per se because I was not in my right senses then and I was not given a choice. If I was given a neutral mind and I researched all religion using same standard and concluded that Islam is the way, then I can claim I was a Muslim.

2. Loading...

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Xmuslim: 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2020
2. When I was in the religion of my parent,i sincerely thought it was the absolute truth based on the evidences I had. These include
a) supposed scientific miracles of the Qur'an
b) supposed numerical miracle of the Qur'an
c) supposed prophecy of Muhammad
d) supposed recurrent miracles such as name of Allah on a snail, tree etc
e) supposed miraculous absolute preservation of the Qur'an.
F) etc

I sincerely thought that non muslims deserves punishment (though I was never happy with eternal torture) because Qur'an told me that they intentionally reject Islam despite knowing with certainty that Islam is the way.

I sincerely thought that abrogation principle in the Qur'an make sense because of few examples such as alcohol gradual abrogation.

I sincerely thought that the description of Islamic paradise (full of wine, virgins etc) is same with other abrahamic religions.

I sincerely thought that every Muslims believed islam because of convincing evidence, and I never doubt that any Muslim will twist obvious flaw if found in Islam. I felt any rational being will abandon anything that lack merit.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Xmuslim: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
It was when I was more educated and realised many flaws in the religion that scholars (whom I asked questions about Islam privately) started telling me why..

I should not believe my brain;
that not everything in Islam will make sense to human;
that we have been given little knowledge and we cannot discredit Islam with our own brain that is deficient.
That we should just say we hear and we obey (we should not criticise the religion of Allah)

I came to nairaland thinking those scholars were biased. To my surprise most Muslims here started reacting same way. They started saying they will believe anything in the Qur'an and hadith whether it make sense or not.

They started saying it is Allah that guided them to Islam not their brain etc.

This make me realise that I was different from the beginning, but I didn't know because I have not found any flaw in the religion. I thought we were together and that no Muslim would accept Islam if it go against common sense or established scientific fact.

Thus, if dogmatically following Qur'an and hadith is the definition of a Muslim, then I think I was never a Muslim.

Thanks for your time

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by IMAliyu(m): 3:21pm On Sep 27, 2020
Best hope they don't unjustly delete this thread like they did to your "why I left Islam" one.
Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by motayoayinde: 5:54pm On Sep 27, 2020
IMAliyu:
Best hope they don't unjustly delete this thread like they did to your "why I left Islam" one.

WHERE EXACTLY DO YOU STAND?

YOUR NAME SEEMS TO SUGGEST YOU'RE MUSLIM.

JUST CURIOUS.
Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by IMAliyu(m): 6:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
motayoayinde:

JUST CURIOUS.
Right here where I stand.

While I consider myself a Muslim, I hold enough contrary thoughts to the Orthodox that I may as well be branded a heretic.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by motayoayinde: 6:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
IMAliyu:

Right here where I stand.

While I consider myself a Muslim, I hold enough contrary thoughts to the Orthodox that I may as well be branded a heretic.

YOU'LL HAVE TO PARDON MY INTRUSION,
BUT YOUR RESPONSE HAS ONLY STIRRED
MORE CURIOUSITY.

COULD YOU FURNISH US WITH SOME OF THESE "CONTRARY THOUGHTS?
Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by IMAliyu(m): 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
motayoayinde:

YOU'LL HAVE TO PARDON MY INTRUSION,
BUT YOUR RESPONSE HAS ONLY STIRRED
MORE CURIOUSITY.

COULD YOU FURNISH US WITH SOME OF THESE "CONTRARY THOUGHTS?

I used to be really active here, but I've chosen to chill out now a days.
A lighter example of such thoughts.

https://www.nairaland.com/5826122/does-quran-blaspheme-against-other?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfquGFybsSZOchUu

I basically believe in the freedom of speech and expression, even if I disagree with it or dislike it, even if it's insulting or blasphemous. With the limitation being death threats or instigation of violence through words.

Because the only way the Truth can be determined is when it is allowed to be questioned, criticised and scrutinized and it is also the consequent price one pays for innovation, creativity and progress in a society.

Live and let live.
Among other things.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by motayoayinde: 8:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
IMAliyu:

I used to be really active here, but I've chosen to chill out now a days.
A lighter example of such thoughts.

https://www.nairaland.com/5826122/does-quran-blaspheme-against-other?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfquGFybsSZOchUu

I basically believe in the freedom of speech and expression, even if I disagree with it or dislike it, even if it's insulting or blasphemous. With the limitation being death threats or instigation of violence through words.

Because the only way the Truth can be determined is when it is allowed to be questioned, criticised and scrutinized and it is also the consequent price one pays for innovation, creativity and progress in a society.

Live and let live.
Among other things.

EXCEPT THERE ARE OTHER OPINIONS YOU HOLD WITH MAKES YOU THINK YOUR COULD BE LABELLED A HERETIC, I DON'T SEE YOU AS BEEN TOO WIDE OFF THE MARK (going through the link you sent).

I'D LIKE YOU TO BE MORE ACTIVE THAN YOU USED TO. A FEW OF YOUR POSTS THAT I'VE SEEN ARE QUITE ENLIGHTENING. THEY'RE MOSTLY IN DEFENCE OF SCIENCE AND THE NON RELIGIOUS FOLKS HERE, THEY'RE NONETHELESS WELL THOUGHT-OUT.
HOW ABOUT TALKING MORE ABOUT THINGS ISLAMIC (those you don't disagree with).

WITH REGARD TO MUSLIMS' REACTION TO BLASPHEMOUS SPEECHES OR ACTIONS, A LOT OF US DON'T AGREE WITH THE MINDLESS VIOLENCE THAT ERUPTS AFTER THESE OCCURENCES, THEY'RE DOWNRIGHT UNISLAMIC. IN QUR'AN 3 VERSE 186 ALLAH PREDICTS THESE AND SHOWS THE BEST WAY TO REACT TO THEM.
BUT AS IT HAPPENS, WE HAVE SOME BROTHERS WITH MUCH ZEAL BUT NOT MUCH KNOWLEDGE.

YOUR BELIEF IN FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS IN ORDER. HOWEVER NO MATTER HOW NOBLE A VALUE OR PRACTICE IS, EXTREMISM DESTROYS IT. THE WESTERN MODEL OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS UNWHOLESOME.
IT'S INCONSIDERATE AND UNCARING ABOUT WHAT OTHERS HOLD DEAR.
IN SOCIETIES WHERE FOR INSTANCE BELIEF IN GOD IS STRONG AND WIDESPREAD, AN ACERBIC ATTACK ON SUCH A BELIEF IS SIMPLY A RECIPE FOR REAL CRISES.

IN A NUTSHELL, WHAT ISLAM ALLOWS IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOR AS LONG AS CHERISHED BELIEFS ARE RESPECTED.

REGULATING FREEDOM OF SPEECH (with laws not violence), DOES NOT STIFLE CREATIVITY AND GROWTH AS YOU SEEM TO BELIEVE.
IN THE GOLDEN AGE OF MUSLIM RULE, ISLAMIC LAW WAS WHAT APPLIED, AND THE INCREDIBLE ADVANCE IN SCIENCE AND OTHER BRANCHES OF KNOWLEDGE (of that age) SERVED AS THE LAUNCHPAD FOR THE RENAISSANCE AND SUBSEQUENTLY, WESTERN CIVILIZATION.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by IMAliyu(m): 9:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
motayoayinde:

EXCEPT THERE ARE OTHER OPINIONS YOU HOLD WITH MAKES YOU THINK YOUR COULD BE LABELLED A HERETIC, I DON'T SEE YOU AS BEEN TOO WIDE OFF THE MARK (going through the link you sent).

I'D LIKE YOU TO BE MORE ACTIVE THAN YOU USED TO. A FEW OF YOUR POSTS THAT I'VE SEEN ARE QUITE ENLIGHTENING. THEY'RE MOSTLY IN DEFENCE OF SCIENCE AND THE NON RELIGIOUS FOLKS HERE, THEY'RE NONETHELESS WELL THOUGHT-OUT.

WITH REGARD TO MUSLIMS' REACTION TO BLASPHEMOUS SPEECHES OR ACTIONS, A LOT OF US DON'T AGREE WITH THE MINDLESS VIOLENCE THAT ERUPTS AFTER THESE OCCURENCES, THEY'RE DOWNRIGHT UNISLAMIC. IN QUR'AN 3 VERSE 186 ALLAH PREDICTS THESE AND SHOWS THE BEST WAY TO REACT TO THEM.

YOUR BELIEF IN FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS IN ORDER. HOWEVER NO MATTER HOW NOBLE A VALUE OR PRACTICE IS, EXTREMISM DESTROYS IT. THE WESTERN MODEL OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS UNWHOLESOME.
IN SOCIETIES WHERE FOR INSTANCE BELIEF IN GOD IS STRONG AND WIDESPREAD, AN ACERBIC ATTACK ON SUCH A BELIEF IS SIMPLY A RECIPE FOR REAL CRISES.

IN A NUTSHELL, WHAT ISLAM ALLOWS IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH FOR AS LONG AS CHERISHED BELIEFS ARE RESPECTED.

REGULATING FREEDOM OF SPEECH (with laws not violence), DOES NOT STIFLE CREATIVITY AND GROWTH AS YOU SEEM TO BELIEVE.
IN THE GOLDEN AGE OF MUSLIM RULE, ISLAMIC LAW WAS WHAT APPLIED, AND THE INCREDIBLE ADVANCE IN SCIENCE AND OTHER BRANCHES OF KNOWLEDGE (of that age) SERVED AS THE LAUNCHPAD FOR THE RENAISSANCE AND SUBSEQUENTLY, WESTERN CIVILIZATION.
Alright thank you for the input.
I'll consider it.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by true2god: 8:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Xmuslim:
It was when I was more educated and realised many flaws in the religion that scholars (whom I asked questions about Islam privately) started telling me why..

I should not believe my brain;
that not everything in Islam will make sense to human;
that we have been given little knowledge and we cannot discredit Islam with our own brain that is deficient.
That we should just say we hear and we obey (we should not criticise the religion of Allah)

I came to nairaland thinking those scholars were biased. To my surprise most Muslims here started reacting same way. They started saying they will believe anything in the Qur'an and hadith whether it make sense or not.

They started saying it is Allah that guided them to Islam not their brain etc.

This make me realise that I was different from the beginning, but I didn't know because I have not found any flaw in the religion. I thought we were together and that no Muslim would accept Islam if it go against common sense or established scientific fact.

Thus, if dogmatically following Qur'an and hadith is the definition of a Muslim, then I think I was never a Muslim.

Thanks for your time
You are a good writer, or potentially a great writer. I love your thought pattern and your style of presentation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by true2god: 8:28am On Sep 28, 2020
motayoayinde:

JUST CURIOUS.
He is using his brain and refused to be dogmatic like most people do. That you are a muslim does not mean your religion is the right one or your opinion must be the most correct.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by true2god: 8:30am On Sep 28, 2020
motayoayinde:

How are you confortable writing with capital cases? Aside violating nairaland rule, it is a very bad writing skill that you need to stop.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by motayoayinde: 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
true2god:
How are you confortable writing with capital cases? Aside violating nairaland rule, it is a very bad writing skill that you need to stop.

OK THANKS.
Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Theguided: 10:32pm On Sep 28, 2020

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Realismailakabir: 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
Theguided:
I was born Muslim raised Muslim but alhamdulilah this year is the year I actually embrace Islam totally as my religion ( way of life). I did philosophy in school 200level that was the most confusing period of my life. I questioned everything and to make it worse I was leaving alone. Everything i read made sense and I could not differentiate between right and wrong. I started believing in subjective morality and that good and bad depends on the individual. I started thinking I was very smart and the religious people are just following crowd (subhanalah!). That period of my life was just following instincts arguing about God and saying all sort of rubbish and misleading people about Islam saying things like "if God was all-knowing, what is currently happening to me was His plan"..
I was still a Muslim tho. I avoided Major sins (or my ignorant version of major signs). And Christianity was out of the option for me cos that's when you'll start imagining God doing manly things because Jesus is God to them. Because God can do anything doesn't mean He should engage in un-Godly things like becoming human and having to eat and sleep. ( I mean no disrespect to the Christians, I have Christian families too). Alhamdulilah, that part was clear to me. Recently, I watched a video on YouTube about Yusuf Estes, a very knowledgeable Christian preacher and why he converted to Islam and how he took islam so serious that he became a sheikh. And me that has been a Muslim since birth was claiming "logical Muslim". Then I came across Mohammed hijab. And he used logic to dismantle completely atheistic views and Christian's views. I started reading the Quran and when I got to chapter 2 verse 23. It had a completely different meaning to me. Alhamdulilah Allah has guided me, Allah has given me certainty. I'm not forcing of calling anyone to islam, I'll implore everybody to get to know their creator. The God of Adam, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad(saw). That's the only way. Islam is not a religion where you just accept what any tells you blindly, you have to ask questions. (I mean the right questions). Read the Quran as a seeker of truth not as a critic.. I bear witness that there is no other God except Allah
and rasoolulah peace be upon him is his messenger. Masha Allah tabaraka Allah.
i'm so happy for you my brother in islam. I've said it many times, and i'm still saying it that; No truth seeker will read Quran and remain thesame. Even no critic will read the Quran succesively without having a rethink. My advice for you is to keep reading the Qur'an as much as you can.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
Theguided:
I was born Muslim raised Muslim but alhamdulilah this year is the year I actually embrace Islam totally as my religion ( way of life). I did philosophy in school 200level that was the most confusing period of my life. I questioned everything and to make it worse I was leaving alone.
Even after questioning everything, the loopholes in Qur'an, haadith and Islam generally are still there.

Why would an all-knowing god get angry?

Why would an all-loving god create hell-fire for unbelievers (the vast majority of humans) who he said he created and know all about their destiny (hell fire or paradise) even before they were born?

Anger and jealousy are humanlike traits showing limitations in knowledge and intelligence, yet Allah gets angry (using threats of hell fire and destruction, curses); he also gets jealous.

Just like all the other gods of religions, Allah is a humanlike entity.

Nothing about Islam, Allah makes sense.

You just stopped applying tests of logic and scrutiny to your religion as it can't pass those tests.

Too many lies and half-truths in Qur'an and hadith.

If you're well versed in history, you won't take any religion seriously.

All of them including Islam are man-made.

Did you know that homo sapiens (current human species) have existed for over 280,000 years on this planet? Yet, your religion was only formed about 1400 years ago.

People had religions before the prophets of Islam and Christianity were even born or thought of copying the Bible and Qur'an from the texts of older religions.

Religions die with time and new ones are made.

In history, humans have worshipped thousands of gods and goddesses. Just like Allah (the Islamic god from Arabia) and Jehovah (the Christian god from Isreal/Europe) are currently being worshipped by humans, each of Olohun (Yoruba native god), Ogun, Atum, Zeus had also been popularly worshipped in the past before Christianity and Islam were formed.

Today, Ogun, Zeus, and co had been relegated to the background by Allah and Jehovah. Just like Allah and Jehovah will also get relegated to the background in the future.

Hope you know Allah is not the same entity as Olohun. If you know the history of Allah (as narrated by Arabians) and the history of Olohun (as narrated in Yoruba cultures), then you will know only ignorant people call Allah and Olohun the same god.

There are lots scientific errors in Qur'an. Do you know that?

You might want to check them out.

Too many issues with that religion.

If I start discussing core issues with fundamental Islam (i.e. Islam as practised by Mohammed, his Sahabah, Salafs, not the watered down version practised in non-Sharia nations today), then it becomes clear the dangers of the religion to humanity.

Examples of such issues: age of Muhammad's marriage to Aesha, support for slavery, slave-trading by Allah and Mohammed, Muhammad's several holy wars (how can a war be holy?), and many others.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Theguided: 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Theguided: 11:36pm On Sep 28, 2020
Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 29, 2020
Theguided:

Go and search Mohammed hijab on YouTube. He uses the same logic to prove Islam. Trust me, I was a logical person and logically Islam proves itself. Watch his debates with people. He uses logic only. Just logic nothing else.

Lols. I know him. He uses the logic of Qur'an to prove Islam to be true.

So, he's right from the Quranic point of view, just like a Christian uses logic of the Bible to prove Christianity or worshipping of Jesus is the truth.

He's also right from the biblical point of view.

The main thing you should note is the frame of reference (point of view) a person bases their assertions on.

My own point of view is from the perspective of humanity (not from the perspective of any god of religions), and from the African perspective.

I thought you would address the issues I raised (at least the ones you can) and not refer me to a fellow Muslim guy I know on YouTube.

According to Qur'an, only very few humans (even a tiny percentage of Muslims) will make Allah's heavens. Allah says he will roast the remaining (overwhelming) majority of humans in hell fire for eternity for not believing in him.

Yet, he's an all-knowing god (he already predetermined everything). That's the number one issue.

Why would an all-loving, all-knowing god create hell fire in the first place (still, he says he's all-powerful)?

Where's the sense in that?

Allah and Olohun are 2 distinct entities with unique traits and histories. Yet Arabs and Muslims distort the history of Yoruba people by calling them both the same god to colonize Yorubas mentally (i.e. impose their own religion, culture, god, way of life) over the Yorubas'.

It's all political.

They (Arabs) and their fellow Christian colonialists use the same tactic in all the places around the world that Islam and Christianity spread to. For instance, in Iboland, using threats of hell and end time, wars, and coercion, they replaced Jehovah with Chukwu to colonize Ibos.

Arabs replaced local gods of Hausa, Ibo with Allah to disrupt their history and claim superiority over these people.

There's no way these atrocities of Arabs can be justified.

300 years ago, ancestors of Yoruba people didn't know or have any record of a deity called Allah from Arabia.

Only people ignorant of history (their own history) take Allah, the local deity from Arabia seriously.

I also used to be a Muslim. But when I graduated years ago, I did deep research on the history of religions in Africa (such as Islam, Christianity, and older religions) and know the truth objectively about Allah and Islam.

I saw the bigger picture of the whole religion thing.

Islam, just like Christianity, is merely a political tool of the Arabs to colonize others mentally.

But most Africans can't think and are very ignorant about their history.

People that don't keep records and don’t know their history are a foolish people and those smarter than them will colonize and rule over them, just like Arabs (and the whites) are ruling over African Muslims and Christians.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Xmuslim: 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2020
Theguided:

I don't want to go into the inconsistencies in the Qur'an and hadith.

My first question to you is this. Is ETERNAL HELL FIRE Justifiable?. Do you think it make sense?

Also, do you think it is Allah that guided you to Islam, or your effort to know the truth.

Third, do you love Allah or you are afraid of his supposed brutal punishment?

Before I forget, I was a fan of Yusuf estees, zakir naik, Ahmed deedat etc and I've watch Muhammad hijab and other apologetics. So I've been where you are. If you are truly logical, and not bias in your research, you will later abandon religion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Xmuslim: 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2020
Theguided:

Go and search Mohammed hijab on YouTube. He uses the same logic to prove Islam. Trust me, I was a logical person and logically Islam proves itself. Watch his debates with people. He uses logic only. Just logic nothing else.

I have passed through this stage. I was impressed the first time I listened to him (was still practicing my parents religion then). Trust me Muhammad hijab sound like idiot to me today.

Do you know that hijab deleted the video of his conversation with Dr yasir qadhi regarding the preservation of the Qur'an? Why? Because he want to keep Muslims in the ignorant status forever.

Hijab only twist Qur'an and hadith to make it look nice and he use big big terminologies.

Ask yourself, is hijab more smart than Allah? Why can't Allah reveal a book that does not require hijab interpretation?

Believe me Islam can never be from a supreme being. I've done enough research on this religion. It was hard for me to believe that the religion of my parent is a hoax. But I can't deny the truth - that's me.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Xmuslim: 1:25pm On Sep 29, 2020
Theguided:
I started reading the Quran and when I got to chapter 2 verse 23.
this verse says that if we doubt Qur'an, we should produce something like it. As a phylosopher, I'm extremely flabbergasted that you can't see the fallacy in this statement.

Can anyone write exactly like any other person? A test that can't be falsify is never a test.

Also, anyone that attempt to write similar Qur'an would be prosecuted in Islamic country as if he's commited a crime. Read news please. One happened recently (I fgt the country). You gave me a challenge, I attempt to do it, you arrest me for attempting. Is that normal?

Before you can see clearly, you need to abandon the fear of hell fire and criticise quran the same way you would criticise the Bible

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by tintingz(m): 10:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
Theguided:
I was born Muslim raised Muslim but alhamdulilah this year is the year I actually embrace Islam totally as my religion ( way of life). I did philosophy in school 200level that was the most confusing period of my life. I questioned everything and to make it worse I was leaving alone. Everything i read made sense and I could not differentiate between right and wrong. I started believing in subjective morality and that good and bad depends on the individual. I started thinking I was very smart and the religious people are just following crowd (subhanalah!). That period of my life was just following instincts arguing about God and saying all sort of rubbish and misleading people about Islam saying things like "if God was all-knowing, what is currently happening to me was His plan"..
I was still a Muslim tho. I avoided Major sins (or my ignorant version of major signs). And Christianity was out of the option for me cos that's when you'll start imagining God doing manly things because Jesus is God to them. Because God can do anything doesn't mean He should engage in un-Godly things like becoming human and having to eat and sleep. ( I mean no disrespect to the Christians, I have Christian families too). Alhamdulilah, that part was clear to me. Recently, I watched a video on YouTube about Yusuf Estes, a very knowledgeable Christian preacher and why he converted to Islam and how he took islam so serious that he became a sheikh. And me that has been a Muslim since birth was claiming "logical Muslim". Then I came across Mohammed hijab. And he used logic to dismantle completely atheistic views and Christian's views. I started reading the Quran and when I got to chapter 2 verse 23. It had a completely different meaning to me. Alhamdulilah Allah has guided me, Allah has given me certainty. I'm not forcing of calling anyone to islam, I'll implore everybody to get to know their creator. The God of Adam, Noah, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad(saw). That's the only way. Islam is not a religion where you just accept what any tells you blindly, you have to ask questions. (I mean the right questions). Read the Quran as a seeker of truth not as a critic.. I bear witness that there is no other God except Allah
and rasoolulah peace be upon him is his messenger. Masha Allah tabaraka Allah.

Ok, quick question, out of over thousands Religions and Gods why did you choose Islam?

I know you gave some hint in your post but it's more of a biased angle than logical angle, i can mention ridiculous things about Allah and Muhammad.

So why did you choose Islam and Muhammad God Allah? Let have a rational discussion since you took philosophy in school.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by tintingz(m): 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
Realismailakabir:
i'm so happy for you my brother in islam. I've said it many times, and i'm still saying it that; No truth seeker will read Quran and remain thesame. Even no critic will read the Quran succesively without having a rethink. My advice for you is to keep reading the Qur'an as much as you can.

How did you arrive at this conclusion with just someone biased post? Like how?

I was expecting you to throw more questions at him like you did with ex-muslims.

1 Like

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by tintingz(m): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
Theguided:

Muhammad Hijab is a clownry bully tho, I've watched some of his debates. He doesn't debate for intellect he debate for show.

I rather watch Hamza Tzortzis debate.
Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by tintingz(m): 10:48pm On Sep 29, 2020
Xmuslim:
this verse says that if we doubt Qur'an, we should produce something like it. As a phylosopher, I'm extremely flabbergasted that you can't see the fallacy in this statement.

Can anyone write exactly like any other person? A test that can't be falsify is never a test.

Also, anyone that attempt to write similar Qur'an would be prosecuted in Islamic country as if he's commited a crime. Read news please. One happened recently (I fgt the country). You gave me a challenge, I attempt to do it, you arrest me for attempting. Is that normal?

Before you can see clearly, you need to abandon the fear of hell fire and criticise quran the same way you would criticise the Bible

The Qur'an challenge is ridiculous to begin with.

The Qur'an never gave parameters to determine when it's gotten right so with this lack of parameters the challenge becomes nonsensical. Even if you write better knowledgeable book than the Quran, the Muslims will easily reject it because there's no parameters to judge it.

And secondly how will they know the jinns have met the Qur'an challenge? grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Xmuslim: 3:31am On Sep 30, 2020
tintingz:

I rather watch Hamza Tzortzis debate.
yes, that Greek guy is more intellectually honest than Hijab. He is one of few Muslim scholars that admitted that Qur'an is not in line with modern science even though he concluded wrongly claiming that since science keeps changing, it can't discredit quran.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by tintingz(m): 7:33am On Sep 30, 2020
Xmuslim:
yes, that Greek guy is more intellectually honest than Hijab. He is one of few Muslim scholars that admitted that Qur'an is not in line with modern science even though he concluded wrongly claiming that since science keeps changing, it can't discredit quran.
Exactly.
Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Xmuslim: 2:35am On Oct 06, 2020
Theguided has vanished into a thin air grin

Talking of his username. He will claim it's Allah that guided him. Why is Allah so partial and wicked? He guided him and other Muslims, but misguided us grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by budaatum: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2020
Xmuslim:
Theguided has vanished into a thin air grin

Talking of his username. He will claim it's Allah that guided him. Why is Allah so partial and wicked? He guided him and other Muslims, but misguided us grin

What is Allah?
Re: I Was Never A Muslim - An Update by Lakenaira: 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
Go through this page and see how perfect Islam is https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran#The_Earth_is_Flat
Xmuslim:
I have passed through this stage. I was impressed the first time I listened to him (was still practicing my parents religion then). Trust me Muhammad hijab sound like idiot to me today.

Do you know that hijab deleted the video of his conversation with Dr yasir qadhi regarding the preservation of the Qur'an? Why? Because he want to keep Muslims in the ignorant status forever.

Hijab only twist Qur'an and hadith to make it look nice and he use big big terminologies.

Ask yourself, is hijab more smart than Allah? Why can't Allah reveal a book that does not require hijab interpretation?

Believe me Islam can never be from a supreme being. I've done enough research on this religion. It was hard for me to believe that the religion of my parent is a hoax. But I can't deny the truth - that's me.

(1) (Reply)

Story: A boy, A Girl and A Candle Flame / Muslim Brothers And Sister, Please Come To The Aid Of Mama Kazeem / To Become Plump / To Gain Weight.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.