Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing (71324 Views)

You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography / My Husband Left Us / I Confessed To Our Househelp Before She Left Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by obinna58(m): 11:27am On Sep 29, 2020
Divanona:
Eight years ago, with tears in my eye, I held his hand, begged him to stay with me that we will struggle together and succeed, but he refused. He walked away living me pregnant. Now, he's back without anything.

We were friends from the University, I graduated before him because I was studying a 4years course. The very first time, we tried to take our relationship serious was after my graduation. We had s.e.-x for the very first time and I became pregnant.
The truth is, the guy have always been good to me throughout my stays in school.
I remembered that day he sacrificed his school fees for mine so I could be able to do my final clearance. But when I became pregnant, he walked away after convincing me to keep our baby.
I went through everything all by myself.
Since last year, he has been apologizing on phone, so last week, I asked him to come. He traveled down to my place. Without being afraid of anyone harming him from my family, he believed in me and came. He's around in my family house, staying in my brother's room for the past 3days.
He has opened up everything to me, my family members and have apologized.

now, I'm so confused with my life.

He couldn't graduate, he had problem in school after I left and all this years, he has been struggling, but now he wants to take responsibility and be with us, but he had nothing. No certificate, except diploma which he later did from another school, no job, no place of his own to stay. He had nothing. He wants us to get married and have a family.

I feel I'm about to add more burden to my already stressed life.
The only positive thing here now, is the excitement my son is having seeing his father and the relationship they're building.

A part of me wants to see this guy have a great life and have direction and not see him live like this, even if I don't settle down with him. because when I meant him, he was kind, a good person, he had dreams, vision and good plans.
But living us alone all this years, with all his explanations, I'm not contented.

Another part of me is confused, afraid and I feel ishould push him away and let him go back to his life and keep moving with my son because I don't have the strength to shoulder all these.

Please matured mind in the house, what do you have to say? This is my life and it's getting more confused.
What would you advise? What should I do?
I don't want to make more mistakes.

Sorry for my lengthy write-up

The rules of life says you should ignore him, live like he is not there doesn't mean you should give him attitude or treat him bad, be on your own except you want him lead you into extreme poverty.
Be open to someone new.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by bigtt76(f): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2020
The guy would have to make dk with what is available to him after she and her son have been taken care of. It would be insensitive of the guy to feel entitled... he would need to work to support her and the son of course but he would need her to help give him the push and launchpad to do this.

SegFault:

You will give her the money to take care of him ba.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by flyca: 11:30am On Sep 29, 2020
Hangulsaram:

See how judgmental you are? What if he has succeeded and came looking after her? Somebody that sacrificed his school fees for just girlfriend then, you didn’t even reason that way. I’m not saying she should joking take him back but he he has something doing to take care of their responsibilities why not. You are so mean my dear.
So you said to me “you are mean” and somehow to feel good you diluted it “my dear”? Lol cheesy I am not your dear o, abeg. You are an uncouth fellow who insults people that do not share the same opinion with you.

If you read my comment very well, I asked her a question, “does she think he would come for her if he succeded?”. Whatever she decides is strictly her choice. But come to think of it - 8 years! 8 solid years! She begged him not to go, he was adamant and left! What if he came back and she was already married and living the life of her dreams? Just put your sisters in her shoes for once.That's all I have to say. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2020
bigtt76:
The guy would have to make dk with what is available to him after she and her son have been taken care of. It would be insensitive of the guy to feel entitled... he would need to work to support her and the son of course.

He should go out and get his own money since he decided to leave her to fend for a child for 8 years, do you know how hard it is to be a single mother in this shithole called Africa with the myopic and narrow minded people that stay here in their millions, do you know how much insults and all she must have gone through then one idiot comes back with nothing but his cap in his hand begging, chai if na me I go give am 10k (if I get) and tell him to leave my house, like my sister always says thank God say I no be woman.

3 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Bennysam: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2020
merieam16:
gringrin oga face ur work abeg i dey go. bye
Yeye dey smell
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Commanderinpips: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2020
Well I will advice you probe what he has been doing for those years he left you and the baby, you need to actually know if he has another woman in his life with whom he might have started a family with, please exercise caution human can be terrible.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by hansomb: 11:43am On Sep 29, 2020
He will surprise you one way or the other, for better or worse.

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Babacele: 11:43am On Sep 29, 2020
flyca:
@Divanona - If after he left, he graduated, got a good job, married a slay queen in his office / level. Or if he became a “Laycon” during his away years. He would have had a sweet family with 3 kids. Do you think he would remember you or remember his son with you? What exactly is the confusion here?
hmmm success good ooo, see as "Laycon" don enter English lexicon.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by sebeydiah(m): 11:56am On Sep 29, 2020
1st forgive him of the past
2nd accept him back and pray and struggle with him u don't know maybe what happened to u guys back then maybe the reason is still struggling.forgive him bcuz of ur son he still love you the same time back then in school
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by lielbree: 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2020
Chanchit:

If you didn't start by asking me what's wrong with being a feminist, I might have taken time to reply you.

You are too closed minded. That is not tenable position to be in, this is 2020.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Chanchit: 12:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
lielbree:

You are too closed minded. That is not tenable position to be in, this is 2020.

Lmao! Feminists are always closed minded. So telling me I'm closed minded is like an olosho preaching to a police man
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by merieam16(f): 12:54pm On Sep 29, 2020
Bennysam:
Yeye dey smell
na ur nyash dey smell, go wash am dirty boy
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by lielbree: 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
Chanchit:

Lmao! Feminists are always closed minded. So telling me I'm closed minded is like an olosho preaching to a police man

And ur assumption is based on what?

Fallacy of hasty generalisation...

Forget what your personal idea of feminism is. Study what exactly feminism is in it's true form . Don't criticise what you don't know.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Chanchit: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
lielbree:

And ur assumption is based on what?

Fallacy of hasty generalisation...

Forget what your personal idea of feminism is. Study what exactly feminism is in it's true form . Don't criticise what you don't know.

Wo, Abeg leave me jare. This afternoon ni too hot to dey argue?!
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by lielbree: 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
Chanchit:

Wo, Abeg leave me jare. This afternoon ni too hot to dey argue?!
I leave u with your ignorance.

Selah.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Chanchit: 1:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
lielbree:
I leave u with your ignorance.
Selah.

Thank you, the great enlightened one.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Viserion: 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2020
If only he came back with money, I believe we wouldn't see this thread
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Depressed101: 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
Zzor:
I have been looking for stories like this to read here since,it is well madam op
you be winch?
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Midadeola(f): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2020
merieam16:
Nairalander guys and hypocrisy, so u can be quick to say she should help him buh if the other way round u'll be d first to shout " oga leave that babe, Nigerian babes aint loyal" abi
grin
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Midadeola(f): 2:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
merieam16:
U dey mind them ni, women av nt suffered and will never suffer unless u choose to suffer in their hands
God bless you
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Zinpat: 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2020
If he really wants 2 marry u, let him get a means of income first
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Midadeola(f): 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
Mindlog:

Please do explain her need for him in order to balance emotionally.
grin
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by flyca: 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2020
Viserion:
If only he came back with money, I believe we wouldn't see this thread
Lol. His coming back with no money is a serious issue o. At least he cannot be entirely useless tongue
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by merieam16(f): 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2020
Midadeola:
God bless you
and u too my sis
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Midadeola(f): 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2020
siraj1402:
Send him back
cheesy
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Midadeola(f): 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2020
Hushpuppies:
He needs a second chance......... We all do.
You guys can still live above the storm together.
Looking forward to your wedding, cheers.
grin
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Midadeola(f): 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2020
SweetCunt97:
She should drop d fool like a pile of hot shit joh
cheesy
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Just2cool: 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2020
Divanona:
Eight years ago, with tears in my eye, I held his hand, begged him to stay with me that we will struggle together and succeed, but he refused. He walked away living me pregnant. Now, he's back without anything.

We were friends from the University, I graduated before him because I was studying a 4years course. The very first time, we tried to take our relationship serious was after my graduation. We had s.e.-x for the very first time and I became pregnant.
The truth is, the guy have always been good to me throughout my stays in school.
I remembered that day he sacrificed his school fees for mine so I could be able to do my final clearance. But when I became pregnant, he walked away after convincing me to keep our baby.
I went through everything all by myself.
Since last year, he has been apologizing on phone, so last week, I asked him to come. He traveled down to my place. Without being afraid of anyone harming him from my family, he believed in me and came. He's around in my family house, staying in my brother's room for the past 3days.
He has opened up everything to me, my family members and have apologized.

now, I'm so confused with my life.

He couldn't graduate, he had problem in school after I left and all this years, he has been struggling, but now he wants to take responsibility and be with us, but he had nothing. No certificate, except diploma which he later did from another school, no job, no place of his own to stay. He had nothing. He wants us to get married and have a family.

I feel I'm about to add more burden to my already stressed life.
The only positive thing here now, is the excitement my son is having seeing his father and the relationship they're building.

A part of me wants to see this guy have a great life and have direction and not see him live like this, even if I don't settle down with him. because when I meant him, he was kind, a good person, he had dreams, vision and good plans.
But living us alone all this years, with all his explanations, I'm not contented.

Another part of me is confused, afraid and I feel ishould push him away and let him go back to his life and keep moving with my son because I don't have the strength to shoulder all these.

Please matured mind in the house, what do you have to say? This is my life and it's getting more confused.
What would you advise? What should I do?
I don't want to make more mistakes.

Sorry for my lengthy write-up

I understand that feeling.

1. A part of me tells me the guy is testing you. (Carry out your investigation well).

2. Whatever you feel for him now will disappear when he doesn't come forth financially. Are you ready for this?

3. Is he the hustling type? What are his plans for the future? Please get to know all these before you entangle your self in this pity relationship.

4. I'm not not gonna tell you to pray. Follow your heart and if he's back to you cos hes got nothing? hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Hangulsaram: 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2020
flyca:

So you said to me “you are mean” and somehow to feel good you diluted it “my dear”? Lol cheesy I am not your dear o, abeg. You are an uncouth fellow who insults people that do not share the same opinion with you.

If you read my comment very well, I asked her a question, “does she think he would come for her if he succeded?”. Whatever she decides is strictly her choice. But come to think of it - 8 years! 8 solid years! She begged him not to go, he was adamant and left! What if he came back and she was already married and living the life of her dreams? Just put your sisters in her shoes for once.That's all I have to say. Cheers.
No my dear, I don’t insult people and I did n’t insult you either. I quit understand your position and Infact i can now see your reasons well, but I’m saying the Lady should take him just like that but that she should evaluate him well if he is ready to get something doing and if he have any good plan for them, then she might consider. No vex that said you are mean, I was just being sarcastic.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Midadeola(f): 3:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
Sarang:

Don’t let him into your life
He will impregnant you and dump you AGAIN!
When people show you their color the first time, believe them.
You did not come into this world to suffer
And your son can have a good relationship with this man WITHOUT marriage
Run for your life! RUN!

Plus he is penniless!
What exactly was he doing with his life all these while to turn out this bad despite his aspirations?!
They wean.. his aspirations are dead!
Don’t let him into your life
He will impregnant you and dump you AGAIN!
When people show you their color the first time, believe them.

absolutely

2 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Midadeola(f): 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2020
Onyxunlimited:
You took care of his son alone including feeding, clothing, shelter, hospital bills after delivery and when sick, school fees etc that should cover for the school fees he paid for you over 100 times.
Now what do you want to do with a jobless man? Do you want to be the man and the woman in the family when you are not a widow? Will you raise your kid with your money and eventually get pregnant and raise other kids too by yourself? Will you cook, clean, do laundry and do all the duties of a wife and still hustle like a man to feed your children and your husband? When your family grows, do you know that you may have to move out of your brother's house and pay rent?
My candid advice is for you to allow the father of your kid visitation right and that's all. If you like start dating him and get pregnant again for him, don't say nobody warned you ooo.
8 years is too long to be away from you guys. He only came back because no other woman will accept him.
Be wise, woman!
hallaluyah

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Husband And Wife Fight Over $300 In Front Of Their Young Children / Lady Reunites With Her Twin Brother After They Were Separated At A Young Age / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.