Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus (15439 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Jehovah Witness Teaches That The Sins You Commit On Earth Doesn't Matter / Jehovah's Witness Refused Blood Transfusion For His Pregnant Wife Till She Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Ken4Christ: 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2020
I really wonder why adherents of some religious groups don't use their brains. They just follow without questioning when they have the opportunity to read the Bible for themselves.

In case you are not aware, the Jehovah Witness don't believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus. They claimed he resurrected spiritually without his body.

They said God took his body and since there is no such record in the Bible, it is as good as saying that God stole the body of Jesus. So, they label God as a thief. Read their quote below from their own book; you can live forever in paradise on earth.

'Well, then, what happened to Jesus' fleshly body? Did not the disciples find his tomb empty? They did, because God removed Jesus' body. Why did God do this? It fullilled what had been written in the Bible. (Psalm 16:lO; Acts 231) Thus Jehovah saw fit to remove Jesus' body, even as he had done before with Moses' body. (Deuteronomy 34.5, 6) Also, if the body had been left in the tomb, Jesus' disciples could not have understood that he had been raised from the dead, not fully appreciate spiritual things.'(Page 144)

In addition, they label Jesus as a trickster. They said Jesus just appeared in a physical body the way Angels do. In other words, he tricked them to believe he was raised in a physical body. Read their quote from the same book;

But since the apostle Thomas was able to put his hand into the hole in Jesus' side, does that not show that Jesus was raised from the dead in the same body that was nailed to the stake? No, for Jesus simply materialized or took on a fleshly body, as angels have done in the past. In order to convince Thomas who he was, he used a body with wound holes. (Page 145).

Please, humble yourselves and admit you have believed lies all these years. Even a 3 years old child in his right sense won't believe all these lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
I have alot of Jehovah's witness friends, I have not heard this from them...

6 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Blabbermouth: 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
Seriously?! That's very very very very unscriptural!
The account of Thomas' ordeal with Jesus(Ressurected) made us understand that Jesus ressurected not as a spirit, anything different from this is a lie concoted from the HQ of the fallen ones.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by etrange: 10:59pm On Sep 27, 2020
You just created this thread for a fight. I'm not even religious yet I know virtually everything you typed up there about their belief is untrue. Why not get busy with something more productive? Just saying.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MightySparrow: 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2020
waiting for reactions from 'only true christians'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by javaguru: 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2020
I stopped believing Jesus is a God , though I believe there is God but that God is no Jesus.

think about it if you like.

everything in Africa was adopted.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by ojun50(m): 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
Most of them dey talk abnormal sometime, so I no dey surprise

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MightySparrow: 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
etrange:
You just created this thread for a fight. I'm not even religious yet I know virtually everything you typed up there about their belief is untrue. Why not get busy with something more productive? Just saying.
Somebody is looking for knowledge, I suppose, picked up a write - up but feels he is getting a wrong one, how is that an unproductive venture? By questioning the information or not swallowing it without thinking? If you have any explanation please clear his doubts.
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by etrange: 12:01am On Sep 28, 2020
MightySparrow:
Somebody is looking for knowledge, I suppose, picked up a write - up but feels he is getting a wrong one, how is that an unproductive venture? By questioning the information or not swallowing it without thinking? If you have any explanation please clear his doubts.

Sir, there are ways to engage in a healthy conversation that promotes knowledge sharing. A thread that starts with "I really wonder why adherents of some religious groups don't use their brains." is not one that seeks knowledge but fight. That line is inciting and disrespectful to other people's belief. How would that make you feel if you were a Jehovah's Witness member? You don't see anything wrong with it cause you're not ok the receiving end of the verbal abuse.

4 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by amliftedhigher: 12:03am On Sep 28, 2020
Witness people are antichrist

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by akinloye19995: 12:10am On Sep 28, 2020
I have lot of Jehovah's eyewitness acquaintances, I have not heard this from them...
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by RussellRutherfo: 12:15am On Sep 28, 2020
DaddyGngeess:

There are lots of things they don't know and if they know won't tell you. You better get to serious research before these Arian heretics deceive you with their flip-flop doctrines and re-edited NWT.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MightySparrow: 3:22am On Sep 28, 2020
etrange:

Sir, there are ways to engage in a healthy conversation that promotes knowledge sharing. A thread that starts with "I really wonder why adherents of some religious groups don't use their brains." is not one that seeks knowledge but fight. That line is inciting and disrespectful to other people's belief. How would that make you feel if you were a Jehovah's Witness member? You don't see anything wrong with it cause you're not ok the receiving end of the verbal abuse.
You are right. I am interested in responses to his claim having not read such before.
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:58am On Sep 28, 2020
Blabbermouth:

The account of Thomas' ordeal with Jesus(Ressurected) made us understand that Jesus ressurected not as a spirit, anything different from this is a lie concoted from the HQ of the fallen ones.

1Corinthians 15:42-45
Jesus is not one of Adam's descendants, he was from the realms above (heaven) John 8:23
When a life lamb is sacrificed to God it's never to be seen again, so the body with which Jesus lived as the son of man is the propitiatory sacrifice for sin, what his followers saw after his resurrection was a make up form of body that he is alive, that's why they failed to recognize him because the former body is gone! Luke 20:15-35; John 20:11-18
This is just one of many secrets that's hidden from this faithless generation, but Jesus himself said "by their fruit you will know them, people don't gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles do they? Every good tree produces fine fruit while routine tree produce worthless fruit, a good tree will not bear routine fruit neither can a routine tree produce fine fruit" Matthew 7:16-18
Anyone who feels he knows better should go and worship with the better group that are producing the FRUIT of God's holy spirit :- LOVE {John 13:34-35} JOY {Luke 10:17} and PEACE {John 14:27} there still remains six other qualities of the FRUIT "PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL" Galatians 5:22-23
So it's not by arguing fruitlessly that Jesus' true followers are identified but "by their FRUIT"
If JWs don't have the Holy Spirit working with them, those qualities of God's holy spirit won't be evident with that group throughout the earth as you're all aware of this fact. James 2:18:26
God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:18am On Sep 28, 2020
akinloye19995:
I have lot of Jehovah's eyewitness acquaintances, I have not heard this from them...

We are Jesus' disciples!
It's only when there is a need that our Master, Lord and King reveal sacred secrets, so if you're with JWs for the next 100 years and you're not interested in knowing deep things, we'll keep it to ourselves and tell you the things your human mind could bear for the moment! John 16:12 smiley
Jesus died with the human (physical) body but he resurrected with a spiritual body! 1Corinthians 15:42-46 smiley
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 6:18am On Sep 28, 2020
Ken4Christ:
I really wonder why adherents of some religious groups don't use their brains. They just follow without questioning when they have the opportunity to read the Bible for themselves.

In case you are not aware, the Jehovah Witness don't believe in the bodily resurrection of our Lord Jesus. They claimed he resurrected spiritually without his body.

They said God took his body and since there is no such record in the Bible, it is as good as saying that God stole the body of Jesus. So, they label God as a thief. Read their quote below from their own book; you can live forever in paradise on earth.

'Well, then, what happened to Jesus' fleshly body? Did not the disciples find his tomb empty? They did, because God removed Jesus' body. Why did God do this? It fullilled what had been written in the Bible. (Psalm 16:10; Acts 231) Thus Jehovah saw fit to remove Jesus' body, even as he had done before with Moses' body. (Deuteronomy 34.5, 6) Also, if the body had been left in the tomb, Jesus' disciples could not have understood that he had been raised from the dead, not fully appreciate spiritual things.'(Page 144)

In addition, they label Jesus as a trickster. They said Jesus just appeared in a physical body the way Angels do. In other words, he tricked them to believe he was raised in a physical body. Read their quote from the same book;

But since the apostle Thomas was able to put his hand into the hole in Jesus' side, does that not show that Jesus was raised from the dead in the same body that was nailed to the stake? No, for Jesus simply materialized or took on a fleshly body, as angels have done in the past. In order to convince Thomas who he was, he used a body with wound holes. (Page 145).

Please, humble yourselves and admit you have believed lies all these years. Even a 3 years old child in his right sense won't believe all these lies

Blabbermouth:
"He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like His own,
using the same power with which He will bring everything under His control
(i.e. Through His power to bring everything under His authority,
He will change our humble bodies and make them like His glorified body)
"
- Philippians 3:21

Yahshua Ha Mashiach, aka Jesus Christ, resurrected with a glorified body

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MightySparrow: 6:22am On Sep 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

We are Jesus' disciples!
It's only when there is a need that our Master, Lord and King reveal sacred secrets, so if you're with JWs for the next 100 years and you're not interested in knowing deep things, we'll keep it to ourselves and tell you the things your human mind could bear for the moment! John 16:12 smiley
Jesus died with the human (physical) body but he resurrected with a spiritual body! 1Corinthians 15:42-46 smiley
Please more explanation on what spiritual looks like.
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 6:27am On Sep 28, 2020
MightySparrow:
Please more explanation on what spiritual looks like.
"He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like His own,
using the same power with which He will bring everything under His control
(i.e. Through His power to bring everything under His authority,
He will change our humble bodies and make them like His glorified body)
"
- Philippians 3:21

Spiritual bodies looks like the glorified body of resurrected Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, and behaves just like how that glorified body did.

It has a look of a transformed and more elevated representation than what and how the body is known or used to known as by others. The disciples at first didn't immediately recognise Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ, in His glorified body form. It is the stuff surrealism is made from, lmso

Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ' inner caucus, in the persons of Peter, John, and James, though in Matthew 17:2 and/or Luke 9:29 had a prior foretaste of this, they still couldn't easily recognise Yahshua Ha Mashiach aka Jesus Christ
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by tobechi74: 6:53am On Sep 28, 2020
Ken4Christ:

'Well, then, what happened to Jesus' fleshly body? Did not the disciples find his tomb empty? They did, because God removed Jesus' body. Why did God do this? It fullilled what had been written in the Bible. (Psalm 16:lO; Acts 231) Thus Jehovah saw fit to remove Jesus' body, even as he had done before with Moses' body. (Deuteronomy 34.5, 6) Also, if the body had been left in the tomb, Jesus' disciples could not have understood that he had been raised from the dead, not fully appreciate spiritual things.'(Page 144)

Please, humble yourselves and admit you have believed lies all these years. Even a 3 years old child in his right sense won't believe all these lies.
Your interpretation not their words

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Aboks(m): 6:55am On Sep 28, 2020
Ode dont go and look for work

Make God no punish you for the rubbish you dey talk

Anti christ
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 7:00am On Sep 28, 2020
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by Aboks(m): 7:02am On Sep 28, 2020

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 7:04am On Sep 28, 2020
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
I am fortunately not into kissing male arse.
Put it down to vagina envy, luckily
So, by the power vested in me,
I now pronounce you, Aboks ... ignoranus and irrelevant ...
and you may now... kiss my arse and anus too, lmso
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 7:10am On Sep 28, 2020
DaddyGngeess:
So many things you won't hear until you are trapped as their member.

Do you know they also believe that they (Jehovah's witnesses) are the only one going to paradise? The rest of the Christian community would be killed off by God. That Jesus is actually the arch Angel Micheal! Etc etc

3 Likes

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 7:12am On Sep 28, 2020
etrange:
JW's believe that Jesus didn't resurrect with His body. They believe He resurrected as a SPIRIT!

Confirm if you will
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 7:16am On Sep 28, 2020
akinloye19995:

There are so many things you won't hear until you are trapped as their member.

Do you know they also believe that they (Jehovah's witnesses) are the only one going to paradise? The rest of the Christian community would be killed off by God. That Jesus is actually the arch Angel Micheal! Etc etc

So much you don't know bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MightySparrow: 7:19am On Sep 28, 2020
For Attention: MuttleyLaff
Sorry for not qouting, i am using a small phone to type.
Your explanation makes sense.
How is glorious body different from those of spirits? Luke 24: 39, are spirits entities also?
Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MuttleyLaff: 7:25am On Sep 28, 2020
shadeyinka:
JW's believe that Jesus didn't resurrect with His body. They believe He resurrected as a SPIRIT!

Confirm if you will
"See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself;
touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."
(i.e. Look at my hands and feet, and see that it's really me.
Touch me, and see for yourselves. Ghosts/spirits don't have flesh and bones, but you can see that I do."
OR
Look at my hands. Look at my feet. You can see that it’s really me.
Touch me and make sure that I am not a ghost/spirit, because ghosts/spirits don’t have bodies, as you see that I do.”)
"
- Luke 24:39

I'll take the Bible's words any time, all time 24/7/365 days over whatever falsehood JW promotes. Smh

PS: MightySparrow, hi, I am already running late stepping out for work, so will have to return asap once out on the road. Sorry

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 7:25am On Sep 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

1Corinthians 15:42-45
Jesus is not one of Adam's descendants, he was from the realms above (heaven) John 8:23
When a life lamb is sacrificed to God it's never to be seen again, so the body with which Jesus lived as the son of man is the propitiatory sacrifice for sin, what his followers saw after his resurrection was a make up form of body that he is alive, that's why they failed to recognize him because the former body is gone! Luke 20:15-35; John 20:11-18
This is just one of many secrets that's hidden from this faithless generation, but Jesus himself said "by their fruit you will know them, people don't gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles do they? Every good tree produces fine fruit while routine tree produce worthless fruit, a good tree will not bear routine fruit neither can a routine tree produce fine fruit" Matthew 7:16-18
Anyone who feels he knows better should go and worship with the better group that are producing the FRUIT of God's holy spirit :- LOVE {John 13:34-35} JOY {Luke 10:17} and PEACE {John 14:27} there still remains six other qualities of the FRUIT "PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL" Galatians 5:22-23
So it's not by arguing fruitlessly that Jesus' true followers are identified but "by their FRUIT"
If JWs don't have the Holy Spirit working with them, those qualities of God's holy spirit won't be evident with that group throughout the earth as you're all aware of this fact. James 2:18:26
God bless you! smiley
Self praise doesn't amount to anything!
If the resurrection Jesus was a spiritual thing
1. How was Thomas able to put his hands in his wounds. Do spirits have would marks?
John 20:27:
"Then said he to Thomas, Reach here your finger, and behold my hands; and reach here your hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing."
2. How as Jesus able to eat as a spirit?
Luk 24:41-43:
"And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them. "

Do spirits have teeth?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 7:37am On Sep 28, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself;
touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."
(i.e. Look at my hands and feet, and see that it's really me.
Touch me, and see for yourselves. Ghosts/spirits don't have flesh and bones, but you can see that I do."
OR
Look at my hands. Look at my feet. You can see that it’s really me.
Touch me and make sure that I am not a ghost/spirit, because ghosts/spirits don’t have bodies, as you see that I do.”)
"
- Luke 24:39

I'll take the Bible's words any time, all time 24/7/365 days over whatever falsehood JW promotes. Smh

PS: MightySparrow, hi, I am already running late stepping out for work, so will have to return asap once out on the road. Sorry
This powerful scripture doesn't move them one bit. The level of brainwash and hypnosis is so deep it's on the realm of demonic.

Luke diffused all arguments with this:

Luk 24:36-43:
"And as they thus spoke, Jesus himself stood in the middle of them, and said to them, Peace be to you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said to them, Why are you troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them."

What could be more clearer than this?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:47am On Sep 28, 2020
shadeyinka:

Self praise doesn't amount to anything!
If the resurrection Jesus was a spiritual thing
1. How was Thomas able to put his hands in his wounds. Do spirits have would marks?
John 20:27:
"Then said he to Thomas, Reach here your finger, and behold my hands; and reach here your hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing."
2. How as Jesus able to eat as a spirit?
Luk 24:41-43:
"And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them. "

Do spirits have teeth?
The highlighted!
Angels are spirits, it's like Abraham prepared meat for three and they ate but i wonder what they used to chew the meat o! Genesis 18:1-8 compare to Hebrew 13:2 undecided

1 Like

Re: Jehovah Witness Teaches That God Stole The Body Of Jesus by shadeyinka(m): 8:19am On Sep 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted!
Angels are spirits, it's like Abraham prepared meat for three and they ate but i wonder what they used to chew the meat o! Genesis 18:1-8 compare to Hebrew 13:2 undecided
Good argument!

1. How come Jesus spirit had wounds? Was his spirit also crucified with a spiritual nail?

But do spirits have WOUNDS?
2. Let's look closely at some scriptures (if you derive any authority from them)

shadeyinka:

Didn't Luke diffuse all your arguments with this:

Luk 24:36-43:
"And as they thus spoke, Jesus himself stood in the middle of them, and said to them, Peace be to you. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said to them, Why are you troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them."

What could be more clearer than this?
i. The Disciples thought (in error) that they have seen a SPIRIT
and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
ii. Jesus said:
It is I MYSELF (not my spirit)
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself:
iii. For a Spirit has NOT Flesh and Bones as you have seen me have
for a spirit has not flesh and bones, as you see me have.

Was Jesus not emphatically saying that he is HE and not a SPIRIT?

3. What kind of body did Jesus have after His resurrection?
Phil 3:21:
"When he comes back, he will take these dying bodies of ours and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same mighty power that he will use to conquer all else everywhere."

How come it wasn't a glorious spirit like Christ own but a glorious body?

Which is superior;
Your organisation's position
OR
The Scripture's position

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know / Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Pope Francis Issues Dire Warning To Humanity ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.