Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,633 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane (430 Views)

Israel Defence Minister, Yoav Gallant, Says Hamas War Could Last Months / Russian Defence Minister, Sergei Shoigu Had Heart Attack After Speaking To Putin / We’re An Angry Nation’ — SA Defence Minister Opens Up On Xenophobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane by Yankee101: 11:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
BBC

South Africa's president has docked three months of the defence minister's pay after she allowed governing party officials to fly on an air force plane to Zimbabwe with her on 9 September.

Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula was accused of misusing state resources for party political business.
The defence force had argued she was on official business and had simply given the other passengers a lift.

But President Cyril Ramaphosa called it an "error of judgement".

Ms Mapisa-Nqakula had been travelling to Zimbabwe's capital Harare for a scheduled meeting to discuss regional issues.

The delegation from South Africa's governing party - the African National Congress (ANC) - was meanwhile going there for crisis talks with Zimbabwe's ruling Zanu-PF party aimed at helping tackle the country's political and economic woes.

But opposition politicians were extremely critical of the fact that she let the ANC delegation hitch a lift with her.

Mr Ramaphosa, who in coming to power had pledged to clean up the ANC's reputation after a decade of corruption scandals, said that by giving the ANC delegates a lift on the plane, she had not acted "in the best interest of good governance".

As a result, he said he had decided to dock Ms Mapisa-Nqakula's pay, with the money going to a fund to help fight coronavirus.

In response, the opposition Democratic Alliance party said Mr Ramaphosa had not gone far enough, characterising the punishment as a slap on the wrist.

The issue could be discussed further in parliament amid some calls for her to be sacked.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-african-defence-ministers-pay-162059066.html

Re: South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane by bsalawu: 11:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
In a sane country!

I hope I didn’t say much?
Re: South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

In Nigeria, Buhari daughter dey fly presidential jet nobody caution her grin grin

Naija, if person vex talk grin Lai Mohammed go say Na hate speech. Pay 5 Mila grin

Our insanity for naija is above, beyond control.

1 Like

Re: South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane by sevenhundred(m): 11:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
bsalawu:
In a sane country!

I hope I didn’t say much?
that's a country with functional law and responsible leaders!

1 Like

Re: South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane by IamSalt: 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2020
Can somebody remind us of that hate speech fine again, in case of some people wey wan come bash Nigeria.
Re: South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane by FarahAideed: 11:54pm On Sep 27, 2020
Yet Buharis aides have turned all our presidential jets to kabukabu
Re: South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane by olus01(m): 12:00am On Sep 28, 2020
one man's food is another man's poison
Re: South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane by yarimo(m): 12:58am On Sep 28, 2020
FarahAideed:
Yet Buharis aides have turned all our presidential jets to kabukabu
shaataap
Re: South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane by FarahAideed: 1:20am On Sep 28, 2020
yarimo:
shaataap
Yarimo how far na ..I salute oo
Re: South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane by yarimo(m): 1:36am On Sep 28, 2020
FarahAideed:

Yarimo how far na ..I salute oo

Re: South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane by adaora17901: 1:42am On Sep 28, 2020
:In a ditto region! I hope I didn’t say much?that's a region with function Rule and responsibility officials!
Re: South African Defence Minister's Pay Docked Over Use Of Air Force Plane by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 28, 2020
°°°
Can never happen in Nigeria.
How we can have the highest population in Africa and still allow a useless government govern us still baffles me.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

US 2020 Presidential Election-How Economist Rate Trump And Biden by % / Dutchman Accesses Trump’s Twitter Account By Guessing His Password / Biblical Floods Turns The Cities In Poland To River( Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.