Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party (3503 Views)

Pastor Ayo Has Fallen From Grace To Grass-cardinal Okogie Blasts CAN Leadership / Festus Keyamo Blasts PDP Supporters, Calls Them "Ekpa" / Tinubu’s Political Career Is Over - Bode George (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by LagosBoy1: 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2011
Okogie blasts PDP over Bode George’s party

NewsMar 1, 2011

By Sam Eyoboka

LAGOS – CATHOLIC   Archbishop of Lagos Metropolitan See, Anthony Cardinal Okogie, has described as “shameful”, the recent pomp and pageantry with which the former vice chairman of the PDP, Chief Olabode George, was welcomed into the society after his release from Kirikiri Maximum Prison, where he served a two and half year jail term for corruption.
Chief George, who was convicted on charges bordering on embezzlement of public funds while serving as the chairman of Nigerian Ports Authority, NPA, was welcomed in a carnival-like reception, especially by his PDP loyalists and supporters in Lagos last Saturday.
Cardinal Okogie, in a statement by the Archdiocesan Director of Social Communications, Rev. Monsignor Gabriel Osu, described the episode as a big moral and psychological blow to the fight against corruption in Nigeria.
“Tell me what are they celebrating? What message are they passing across to the generality of the people and, especially to the young ones? Are they now saying it is okay to steal huge funds for that matter, serve a few months jail term and return triumphantly to enjoy the loot?” the prelate questioned.
Okogie went further to accuse the Federal Government and the ruling party of treating the malaise of corruption which has adversely destroyed the nation with kid gloves, pointing out that this singular action reveals the hypocrisy of the ruling party on the fight against corruption.
“Otherwise,” he avers, “why will people be wearing aso ebi and making all that noise on national television to celebrate someone who looted public funds and caused a lot of people and their family members and the nation at large untold hardship.”
The archbishop did not fail to draw the attention of all those involved in this “show of shame to the present spate of revolutions in North Africa and the Middle East”, warning that “unless those in leadership position in the land caution themselves from insulting the sensitivity of Nigerians, the people may soon be provoked to revolt.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/okogie-blasts-pdp-over-bode-georges-party/
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by 9ijaMan: 10:41pm On Mar 01, 2011
I've been awaiting the so called "men of God" to make their stance known on this sacrilege perpetrated by JEG and the Gang in PDP. Thank God, Archbishop Okogie has decided to stand tall amongst the lot.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 01, 2011
Your Holiness Sir,

Now that you know they are gang of thieves, pls go to your congregation and preach them to vote out the gaddamn bastards!

[size=8pt][size=8pt]Vote Buhari/Bakare - for corruption free Nigeria [/size][/size]
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by 10cirenoh: 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2011
Preach it to your congregation, save Nigeria, preach it whenever you're in any gathering.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by jamace(m): 5:07am On Mar 02, 2011
Nigeria is indeed a big shame, celebrating a criminal as if he had won an olympic medal. What an immoral lot. shocked shocked
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by 10cirenoh: 5:38am On Mar 02, 2011
^^^^

This is what you get if you keep voting for the PDP
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by AIYEKOOTO1: 5:55am On Mar 02, 2011
and Jesus wept! embarassed
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by EkoIle1: 6:04am On Mar 02, 2011
What do you expect from a party led by a corrupt, incompetent and Halloween costume wearing fisherman?
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by dayokanu(m): 6:11am On Mar 02, 2011
Okogie went further to accuse the Federal Government and the ruling party of treating the malaise of corruption which has adversely destroyed the nation with kid gloves, pointing out that this singular action reveals the hypocrisy of the ruling party on the fight against corruption.
“Otherwise,” he avers, “why will people be wearing aso ebi and making all that noise on national television to celebrate someone who looted public funds and caused a lot of people and their family members and the nation at large untold hardship.”

Thats what you get when a certified mumu is President

When one told us Adedibu is father of SW politics the other MEND spokesman Odechukwu is throwing a party for a looter of public funds
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by chinakobo(m): 12:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
I really dont see any reason why GEJ had to go to campaign in Lagos along with an ex-convict. I think this is a height of disrespect to Nigeria state and a public display of arrogance. I wonder if he really needs our votes! God help us
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by member479760: 12:30pm On Mar 02, 2011
Most ppl in Lagos will vote for GEJ. na only him dey know.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by foyeks2001(f): 12:35pm On Mar 02, 2011
Its truly a big shame, PDP is a failed party
Thanks Your Holiness Sir
Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by 1025: 12:44pm On Mar 02, 2011
i wonder what is delaying all the popular men of God from telling us this known truth.
we expect more of this type of reaction to this show of shame.
why in God's name is saint jonathan celebrating known thieves?
nigerians are not surposed to wait till april before telling this pdp gangstars and rascals to leave.
the same massage pdp sends out to nigerians is what our men of God are sending out by not saying the truth.
i have much respect for redeem andd their leadership but the idea of hosting these criminals from time to time is questionable.
pastor Adeboye must speak out because a lot of nigerians are looking up to him in times like this.
papa oyedikpo must leave up to his position as a father to many faithfuls and condem this actions of pdp.
nigeria needs change and the time now now.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by BigPhil(m): 12:52pm On Mar 02, 2011
The most frustrating thing is that we now have an opportunity to vote these dinosaurs out come April and some mentally retarded youths in Nigeria are routing for PDP.What a shame.

All is not lost yet,please lets put and end to this charade of a party called PDP in April.History beckons,lets take our destiny into our own hands.Vote BB2011,For Change to happen.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by ziccoit: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2011
Thank God somebody has just talked among the "men-of-God" Okogie would not have allowed the thanksgiving session if it were to be held in his church.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by anonimi: 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2011
Democracy dividends CANNOT be obtained through ACN - Autocrats Congress of Nigeria- old men imposing their wives, kids, in-laws, relations and maybe even househelps on their party members.      
Progress CANNOT come from ACN- Alliance for Corruption in Nigeria with Tinubu as their leader and Achike Udenwa as frontliner.      
Shine your eyes, identify, scrutinise, select and mobilise support for your national and state assembly legislator candidates on individual merit basis NOT on party basis.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by Pukkah: 2:03pm On Mar 02, 2011
nakedall:

Is there any evidence to back this? I know many Lagos folks that are rooting for Buhari and Ribadu.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 02, 2011
nakedall:

for where

you should have heard the convo in the elevator today

passenger to operator: your brother made all of us suffer yesterday in go slow
operator - which brother
passenger - johnathan

operator - that one is not my brother o! is he not the one that called lagosians rascals?

continues with bitter complaints about the go slow wahala because of gej

thats the voice of lasgidi masses
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by 10cirenoh: 2:41pm On Mar 02, 2011
anonimi:

Democracy dividends CANNOT be obtained through ACN - Autocrats Congress of Nigeria- old men imposing their wives, kids, in-laws, relations and maybe even househelps on their party members.      
Progress CANNOT come from ACN- Alliance for Corruption in Nigeria with Tinubu as their leader and Achike Udenwa as frontliner.      
Shine your eyes, identify, scrutinise, select and mobilise support for your national and state assembly legislator candidates on individual merit basis NOT on party basis.

So in your own word, we should support who? undecided

who are you rooting for? undecided
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by josite: 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2011
we owe it a duty to vote pdp out of power.please
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by 10cirenoh: 3:20pm On Mar 02, 2011
i pledge to my country that i will never vote anything with p d p written on it from now till they no longer exist.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by revomind(m): 4:01pm On Mar 02, 2011
china_kobo:

I really dont see any reason why GEJ had to go to campaign in Lagos along with an ex-convict. I think this is a height of disrespect to Nigeria state and a public display of arrogance. I wonder if he really needs our votes! God help us

Bro, the PDP has already decided to rig this election massively. Mr Odechukwu knows he can no longer win a free and fair election with the crowd of those who attribute is ascension as divine thinning everyday. That should explain the arrogance, and disrespect.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by Emperoh(m): 4:07pm On Mar 02, 2011
The sad thing is that those claiming to be opposition are no better!!
It a sad situation!!!
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by Fhemmmy: 4:11pm On Mar 02, 2011
At least someone has a brain . . . . . . Let this be infectious
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by zylla(m): 5:55pm On Mar 02, 2011
@ anomini and Epheroh
Well said cos the unfolding events is not only suggesting but indicating that almost all of them are the same, whether na pdp or acn or what have you.
How would Tinubu do that kind of thing, they are all the same.
We will have to vote on individual or personality basis and not on party, this rot is too much and it MUST STOP.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Mar 02, 2011
When a particular party has 80% of the political thieves in Nigeria and can even come out to celebrate criminals like Bode george then every sane person should distance himself from them
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by Pukkah: 6:10pm On Mar 02, 2011
dayokanu:

When a particular party has 80% of the political thieves in Nigeria and can even come out to celebrate criminals like Bode george then every sane person should distance himself from them

I like this part of your post.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by Mcleo007(m): 6:24pm On Mar 02, 2011
Thank you Your Eminence for pointing out this show of shame. Its pathetic!
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by anonimi: 6:25pm On Mar 02, 2011
10cirenoh:

So in your own word, we should support who? undecided

who are you rooting for? undecided

did u read my post?
how many candidates do you have for national and state assembly legislator in YOUR constituency?

zylla:

@ anomini and Epheroh
Well said cos the unfolding events is not only suggesting but indicating that almost all of them are the same, whether na pdp or acn or what have you.
How would Tinubu do that kind of thing, they are all the same.
We will have to vote on individual or personality basis and not on party, this rot is too much and it MUST STOP.

the bold part is exactly what I am saying and we should spread the news to ALL our folks & friends NOW to select and mobilise support for the most credible (or least INcredible) of the legislator candidates in YOUR constituency.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by 10cirenoh: 6:32pm On Mar 02, 2011
anonimi:

did u read my post?
how many candidates do you have for national and state assembly legislator in YOUR constituency?

Stop asking me foolish questions, i asked you again, who then do we vote for? who are you voting for? If ACN is a corrupt party, who then do you want us to vote for? answer that and stop behaving like a chameleon.
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by tlops(m): 7:23pm On Mar 02, 2011
just do it! vote BB
Re: Okogie Blasts Pdp Over Bode George’s Party by eros(m): 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2011
To the electorates:

Whatever we do this April 2011 election, please and please let's vote PDP out of office and vote for any other party of your choice. CPC wouldn't be a bad idea.

VOTE BUHARI / BAKARE FOR A GREAT NIGERIA.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aregbesola To Partner Julius Berger On Road Construction / "It Will Take Ten Policemen To Handle One Nigerian" - Indian Police / Pics Of Boko Haram Members +Their Cars Captured By The Nigerian Army In Munguno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.