Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Court Slams N50m Against Senator Abbo For Slapping Woman At Intimacy Gadget Shop - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Slams N50m Against Senator Abbo For Slapping Woman At Intimacy Gadget Shop (343 Views)

Police Arrest Sergeant Samuel Imakor For Slapping Woman In Edo / Wife Pours Boiling Water On Her Husband In Bayelsa For Slapping Her (Graphic) / Brother ‘sets’ Pregnant Sister Ablaze For ‘slapping’ Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Slams N50m Against Senator Abbo For Slapping Woman At Intimacy Gadget Shop by WorkTheTalk(m): 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
A Federal High Court in Abuja has Monday ordered Senator Elisha Abbo PDP, Adamawa North who slapped a nursing mother repeatedly at a intimacy gadget shop on May 11, 2019 to pay the sum of fifty million naira (N50), to Osimibibra Warmate for assault.

The Incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH2Rj4j7Mq0

The youngest senator in the country was said to have entered a intimacy gadget shop around 6pm, with three young women to purchase adult toys.
But shortly after they began shopping for the toys, one of the three girls started throwing up. She vomited multiple times, prompting the shop owner to remark that the woman should have vomited outside and not inside her shop. Abbo, who was said to be agitated by the sudden illness of the girl, was said to have accused the shop owner of poisoning the store’s air conditioner.

The shop owner’s argument that if the air conditioner had been contaminated others in the shop would have also taken ill was said to have angered Abbo, and the two began exchanging words over the matter. The senator was said to have called a policeman who he then ordered to arrest the shop owner.

The shop owner quickly called her father to inform him that Abbo had called police over the matter and that she was about to be taken away.
The shop owner’s friend who had been standing nearby tried to intervene by pleading with the second man to take things easy but was slapped repeatedly by the lawmaker.

His apology:
Days after assaulting the lady the 41 year old lawmaker said he was sorry for what happened, adding that regardless of the provocation, his action did not portray him a good ambassador of the Senate, the PDP and the youths of Nigeria. He words: “It is with a deep sense of remorse and responsibility that I, Senator Ishaku Abbo profoundly apologize to all Nigerians, the Senate, the Peoples Democratic Party, my family as well as our mothers- the Nigerian women.
“l have never been known or associated with such actions in the past. Regardless of what transpired prior to my expression of anger, I am sincerely sorry and plead that all men and women of good conscience should have the heart to forgive me. To err is human, to forgive is divine.

“To the Church of God everywhere in the world, I am sorry. As an Ambassador of Christ, much is expected of me. “My family and religious upbringing do not give approval to such conduct and for this, as a leader, I seek forgiveness before God and all those who feel offended by my action.

“Indeed, this episode has taught me a very great lesson both as a private citizen and a public officer particularly as a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria upon whom public confidence is reposed.”

However, after about a year plus, a Federal High Court in Abuja, ordered him to pay N50M as compensation to a woman he assaulted.
Disclosing this on Monday, Lugard Tare-Otu and Nelson who identified themselves as Warmate’s lawyers, confirmed the situation.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/09/breaking-court-slams-n50m-against-senator-abbo-for-slapping-woman-in-sex-toy/

Re: Court Slams N50m Against Senator Abbo For Slapping Woman At Intimacy Gadget Shop by Golan007: 2:27pm On Sep 28, 2020
Deserves a jail term.
Re: Court Slams N50m Against Senator Abbo For Slapping Woman At Intimacy Gadget Shop by thesicilian: 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2020
The fine will most likely be paid same day from what he has embezzled from the people. The best way to punish people like this is to take away something they love most: their time. Even if it's just 2weeks jail time.
Re: Court Slams N50m Against Senator Abbo For Slapping Woman At Intimacy Gadget Shop by Pimpstar: 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2020
The olds ones misbehave , The young ones also do
This Nigeria sef sad
Re: Court Slams N50m Against Senator Abbo For Slapping Woman At Intimacy Gadget Shop by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2020
GOOD DEVELOPMENT he cant try this in USA by now he will be cooling his self in the federal prison
Re: Court Slams N50m Against Senator Abbo For Slapping Woman At Intimacy Gadget Shop by OkuFaba(m): 3:27pm On Sep 28, 2020
Community service would have served him right..

He should clean gutters in Ketu, Oworo and Bariga for one month.
Re: Court Slams N50m Against Senator Abbo For Slapping Woman At Intimacy Gadget Shop by 2Ways(m): 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2020
good

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Army Colonel Kidnapped Along Abuja-kaduna Highway / ENDSARS Protesters Atop Dopemu Bridge This Afternoon / If This Protest Ends Now,nigeria Is......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.